Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: ERRANT  (Read 24962 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run: ER meets tactical urban combat
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2016, 09:24:59 pm »

Can I have an air-horn?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2016, 09:26:57 pm »

We ride in on a chopper, most of the team drops to the roof by rope while our sniper and gunner cover us. We secure the UFO,  and then move on to the rest of the building. If the chopper can't get a good angle on the interior of the building, those people then also drop to the roof and help clear.
I vote for this.

Note that Zormod and I are the only people with +3 shooting, plus we're the gunner and sniper respectively, so we should be the chopper people.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2016, 10:08:08 pm »

Should we choose a squad leader? I nominate myself, because I have the highest Charisma. :P

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2016, 10:15:29 pm »

We'll go in on a blackhawk.

Xaneail Swagoligin can be squad leader if no one objects. You can have more than one layer of organization. Fireteam elements, etc.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2016, 10:53:26 pm »

Alright, Here's a tentative look at our organization:

Fireteam Ayy:
Egan_BW as: Xaneail Swagoligin: Science/Squad Leader M1911
AzyWng as: Linton Rayner: "Combat Operator" M4
TinFoilTopHat as: John Denning: Combat Medic/Marksman M14

Fireteam Lmao:
Midnight Jaguar as: Sean Patrick: Combat Medic/Fireteam leader M4
Devastator as: William Cornelius Clive Muldoon: "Combat Operator" M4
Twin Wolf as: Lillian Riverson: Marksman M14
Nikitian as: Nemesio Barrantes: Explosives M14

Fireteam Big-Sky:
Syvarris as: Lester D. Remrud: Sniper/Fireteam Leader M14
Zormod as: Cody Hoffman: Gunner M240

Fireteam leaders are just guesses of who would be best, if you don't like it, tell me and I'll change it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:03:55 pm by Egan_BW »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2016, 11:00:42 pm »

Seems good. Although I don't enjoy the idea of being the "Generic Grunt".

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2016, 11:05:55 pm »

give the man a title... like "combat operator". You know, there are no soldiers or grunts in Delta Force teams, only operators. They use those terms to separate themselves from military traditions.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2016, 11:07:25 pm »

No plan survives contact with the enemy, but...

• All teams arrive by blackhawk chopper.
  • Any hostiles on the roof are neutralized by the squad from the chopper or from the ground after hotrope insertion.
  • Fireteams Ayy and Lmao descend by rope to the roof.
  • Fireteams Ayy and Big-Sky Watch the passenger lift and the UFO's exit ramp, while Fireteam Lmao demolish the Service lifts.
  • Ayy and Lmao group back up and breach and clear the UFO, while Big-Sky watch the passenger ramp.
  • Once the UFO is secure, Ayy and Lmao clear the rest of the building, from top to bottom.
  • ???
  • Profit

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2016, 11:08:26 pm »

Damn PC crowd!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2016, 11:14:07 pm »

While we're at it, could we put the forum goer's name in parentheses next to the character's name in the organization list? So we can more easily keep track of which player is which character?

Also, bizarre fire team nomenclature is bizarre. Can't we have normal/less unusual fire team names like "Alfa", "Bravo", and "Charlie"?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2016, 11:15:45 pm »

Friday February 19, 1500 Hours.

Generic Big-Town, Generic Shopping Mall, somewhere in the first world.

Your team and its gear are loaded up on a borrowed UH-60 Blackhawk. Your M240 gunner is letting it hang on the side door.

You make your approach towards the roof of the mall. There is a crowd of about 100 civilians seated in front of the UFO while 4 beta guards surround and process them.

You are about 2 kilometers from the roof. Just out of small arms range. You aren't noticed yet as there are a few police and news copters circling the area.

Decide on how and when to approach and drop. Post actions in bold.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2016, 11:23:24 pm »

Have our sniper try to take out the 4 beta guards while my fire team hot ropes down.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:42 pm »

"Alright, you know the plan, take down the greys on the roof, then we can drop. Be careful, some intel suggests that they're willing to use hostages as shields. If you risk hitting a civilian, hold your fire and let the sniper take care of it. Remrud, that's your job."
Tell the pilot to bring us in to where we can take out the greys.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2016, 11:30:13 pm »

Get ready to start saving lives - by ending them.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2016, 11:34:36 pm »

"Got it.  I see one of them shooting one of us though, I'm putting a bullet in it whether or not it has to go through a civvie first.  Oh, anyone from lmao need C4 for demolishing the service lifts?  I don't need it."

Make sure my gun's strapped to the heli, and FMJ ammo is loaded.  If anyone from lmao requests C4 from me, hand them however much they ask for.

Ready my gun on the same side as the pilot, informing him that that's the offensive side.  Line up a shot on the furthest grey, but hold fire until we're within assault rifle range (unless some jackwagon fires first).  After my initial shot, prioritize target which have grabbed human shields, then those in cover, and then those who're furthest away, in that order.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22