Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: ERRANT  (Read 23810 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: Phocian wall of Corpses
« Reply #285 on: February 26, 2016, 05:47:50 pm »

Get to cover in the store directly to Seans North. Bandage both Lester's and Sean's wounds.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:33:35 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 27, 2016, 07:15:54 am »

Dunno how I survived but ok
Keep pushing towards the southeast lift, my Beneli at the ready.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 27, 2016, 09:00:12 am »

Got you.
Sneak to nearest store's corner, ((on the tac map it obscures LoS to the barricades and aliens; if that is not the case, ignore that part and stand in the lobby entrance instead)) kneel and shoot two M203 frag grenades from behind at the barricades. Follow up with rifle fire as appropriate. Use the corner for cover.

Lester [syv], North-East lobby is clear, but not rigged. Repeat, not rigged. Pressing on the offensive with Muldoon [Dev].
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 27, 2016, 09:33:10 am »

Take cover wherever I can in the hallway and make sure I can get a clear line of sight down the hallway if the aliens come down there.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 27, 2016, 04:05:34 pm »

Lester coughs into his radio as he pushes the raptor corpse off of himself. "Barr, Barrantes [Nik]--elevator's a flank, can't leave it...  Denning [TFTP], duck."

Firstly, if you can't deal with a long action with multiple conditionals, I'll just take full cover in one of the side stores, and move to where I can nade the aliens who built a human barricade and nade them with a 40mm HE.  Regardless of whether the barricade humans are still alive.

If I can get a clear shot, and TFTP hasn't gotten far enough down the hallway to be hit, fire all of my remaining 40mm HEs down the hallway and into the door, then into the elevator lobby behind the door.  After that, charge with my own shotgun.

If I can't shoot the door without catching TFTP in the blast, but the aliens haven't poked their heads out and won't shoot at us as we charge, equip my shotgun and charge with him.  Don't go into the room though--take cover in the doorway and shoot from there.

If I can't shoot past TFTP, and the aliens are going to start to fire on us, retreat into one of the storefronts and move to where I can nade the human barricade aliens with 40mm from full cover.  Then nade them with as many 40mm HE as possible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 27, 2016, 11:10:05 pm »

If I can do so without compromising my other turn actions, I'd like to drop one of satchel charge kits behind with a detonator stuck in. No fancy placement, no finesse, no time wasted -  just a sizeable pile of explosives on the floor of the lift lobby.

((A compromise. Hopefully. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2016, 12:31:26 am »

Get to cover in the store directly to Seans North. Bandage both Lester's and Sean's wounds.

Dunno how I survived but ok
Keep pushing towards the southeast lift, my Beneli at the ready.

Lester coughs into his radio as he pushes the raptor corpse off of himself. "Barr, Barrantes [Nik]--elevator's a flank, can't leave it...  Denning [TFTP], duck."

Firstly, if you can't deal with a long action with multiple conditionals, I'll just take full cover in one of the side stores, and move to where I can nade the aliens who built a human barricade and nade them with a 40mm HE.  Regardless of whether the barricade humans are still alive.

If I can get a clear shot, and TFTP hasn't gotten far enough down the hallway to be hit, fire all of my remaining 40mm HEs down the hallway and into the door, then into the elevator lobby behind the door.  After that, charge with my own shotgun.

If I can't shoot the door without catching TFTP in the blast, but the aliens haven't poked their heads out and won't shoot at us as we charge, equip my shotgun and charge with him.  Don't go into the room though--take cover in the doorway and shoot from there.

If I can't shoot past TFTP, and the aliens are going to start to fire on us, retreat into one of the storefronts and move to where I can nade the human barricade aliens with 40mm from full cover.  Then nade them with as many 40mm HE as possible.

Got you.
Sneak to nearest store's corner, ((on the tac map it obscures LoS to the barricades and aliens; if that is not the case, ignore that part and stand in the lobby entrance instead)) kneel and shoot two M203 frag grenades from behind at the barricades. Follow up with rifle fire as appropriate. Use the corner for cover.

Lester [syv], North-East lobby is clear, but not rigged. Repeat, not rigged. Pressing on the offensive with Muldoon [Dev].

Clive Muldoon.

"Sounds good.  Throwing flash now."

Get behind the passenger lift.  Throw a flashbang towards the barricade, as hard as I can.

Sean get a room with Lester and Sean and does his doctor thing.

After which John Denning runs towards the south-east lift.

Lester tries to make smart decisions with a grenade launcher.

Barrantes runs into a store for cover and tries to m203 at the barricades.

Muldoon gets behind the passenger lift and tries to flash the barricade.

Aliens:

Squad of aliens at the south-east lift run out from the north side and take cover near the stores.

Barricades exchange fire with Barrantes and Muldoon

John Denning and Lester both run into the south-east lift the aliens vacated.

Testing the roll system proposed in the OOM.  4 aliens shoot at Barrantes, 4 aliens, 1 commander shoot at Muldoon. +2 skill +1 distance bonus for carbines, -4 for full cover.

At Barrantes:
[2-1], [4-1], [3-1], [3-1]

Barrantes is hit once in the [5] chest. He endurance rolls for [5] and keeps fighting. His armor endurance rolls for [5] and deflects the shot.

At Muldoon:
[5-1], [2-1], [2-1], [2-1], [2-1]

Muldoon is hit once in the [2, 1] left arm. He endurance rolls for [6] and keeps fighting despite a gaping wound.

Muldoon long thows a flash grenade at [+1] dex [-2] for the distance and barricade. He rolls a [6-1] and the grenade sails over the barricade and explodes behind the aliens without affecting anyone.

Barrantes tries to M203 behind the barricade for [+2] shooting, [+1] optimal range [-2] for a barricade [-1] for aiming it at a sweet spot behind it. And rolls [1]. The grenade deflects off the armor of the alien ship and comes right back at him. He tries to resist and rolls [5], but eats the grenade anyway. He is blown up, and in bad shape, but recoverable.

Casualties:
Muldoon: Bleeding from the left arm
Barrantes: Bleeding all over.
Lester: Patched up, some lacerations.
Sean: Patched up, some lacerations

John Denning: mostly unharmed.

Aliens:
Barricade squad:
8 Betas, 1 commander, untouched.

Flanking squad:
6 Betas, 1 commander, untouched.

Reserves:
1 commander, 2 betas in the ship

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:24:14 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2016, 12:54:38 am »

Move to cover in the next store over and throw a grenade into the barricade. Shoot any aliens that get too close with M4A4.Run down the service corridor get into the South West corridor and go down one level, then run to the passenger lift take it back up to the top grab Muldoon and bring him back down the passenger lift patching him up on the lower floor.

"Would you people stop getting fucking injured! You just keep adding to the insurance paperwork I'm going to have to do when I get back to base."

((I like the roll system.))
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:27:25 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2016, 01:22:54 am »

Move to cover in the next store over and throw a grenade into the barricade. Shoot any aliens that get too close with M4A4.

"Would you people stop getting fucking injured! You just keep adding to the insurance paperwork I'm going to have to do when I get back to base."

((I like the roll system.))

((You'll take overwatching fire on that move))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2016, 01:28:46 am »

((Hehe lets not do that then))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2016, 02:15:40 am »

((Hehe lets not do that then))

You can dodge fire from a run, or you can take fire while being in cover. Successful dodging is -4 to enemy shots. Full cover is -4 to enemy shots. Half is -2 to enemy shots. Shooting hull-down with minimum exposure gives you -1 to incoming shots and -1 to your own shots.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2016, 09:23:57 am »

((Ewwww. Poor Nemesio, we hardly knew ye. May I ask why I got the penalties for barricade? I mean, I was flanking it, firing from behind, etc. If that side barricade was long enough to obstruct fire, that'd be a whole different plan... but I guess it won't matter now.
Anyway, the roll system is nice.  Thanks for explanations!.. ))
Past Sigs

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2016, 09:55:02 am »

Continue somehow not being injured. Head down to the ground floor and examine my surroundings.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2016, 01:35:52 pm »

Rayner: Overwatch the corridor I'm in with my rifle and grenade launcher.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22