Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: ERRANT  (Read 24906 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: All's quiet on the Western Front
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2016, 07:47:32 pm »

((I understand the reasoning behind orders, and don't really care one way or another. However that doesn't mean my character will follow your orders, as he gets his directions directly from the Great Commandy One.
Also, note that most modern elevators won't immediately fall the the ground if the cable is simply cut, due to some mechanism I forgot the name of. It should keep them from going up or down though.))

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2016, 08:16:41 pm »

((I'm okay with having orders, it's just that I feel bad if I miss somebody's order because I can't check this thread frequently.))
Make a push towards the southeast service lift.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2016, 09:12:10 pm »

((if someone has a few points in engineering: most elevators have rails on the sides where the safety latches attach. Blow the rail cleanly, the elevator should still move, and you blow the cable when the safety latches slide off the now-broken rails. Not something that can be done too easily or quickly, but with a few minutes of concentration to set up the booby-trap))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2016, 07:09:26 am »

((Waiting on Dev's reply here to RP, but I'll leave the action just in case.

@Dev Let's take NE lobby. ))

When Muldoon gives sign that the hall is clear, dash down the service access hall to NE lobby. Detonate the NW lift cables about halfway (halfway down the distance or halway through my turn, whichever comes first).
Keep a smoke grenade in hand; if I see an alien peeking out of the NE lobby doorway, throw it forward and immediately hug the ground.

((If I understand correctly, ayys have just left NE lobby. Probably getting all their forces regrouped at SE or Passenger lifts.))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:11:42 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2016, 06:15:20 pm »

"Hall is clear, go anytime."

lock the door to the back hallway, go to the front of the store.  Once close there, go prone and try to shoot at aliens to the east.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: Baby's first SNAFU
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »

"Hey! I need some suppressing fire, I'm going to try to capture that alien by the water fountain"

Move to the water fountain, drag the alien back to the south west store and then bandage the aliens wounds and bind its hands and feet using duct-tape. If I have time follow our living commander.

Help our medically unethical commander take the SE elevator use M26 in the service corridor and for the elevator and provide suppressive fire with M4A4 as needed.

((What kind of store is Sean in?))

((I'm okay with having orders, it's just that I feel bad if I miss somebody's order because I can't check this thread frequently.))
Make a push towards the southeast service lift.

Lay down suppressing fire for MidnightJaguar, unless civvies are in my line of fire. Reload if necessary. If I can do so in the same turn, reload my grenade launcher and then fire it at the elevator.

Edited my action.

"I... I... damn it, fine!"

God damn it, fine! Try to shoot down the alien with my rifle. If Patrick (Midnight Jaguar) gets in the line of fire or into my cone of fire, ceasefire to make sure I don't hit him. Then fire a grenade at the central elevator.

Are you shooting the wounded?

Order:"Southwest lift neutralized.  Rayner [Azy], ha--NO, YOU IDIOTS.  NO LIVE CAPTURES--THERE'S THIRTY OTHER FUCKERS WHO WANT OUR BLOOD, ARE YOU INSANE?!  Rayner [Azy], AGAIN, take out the central lift with grenades ASAP, then watch for ayys from the UFO or stores--you're our flank security.  Denning [TFTP], Patrick [MidJag], HEAD TO THE SOUTHEAST LIFT, NOW.  Barrantes [Nik], Muldoon [Dev], finish with the northwest lift then try to take the northeast lift.

Blitzkrieg, boys.  We push hard now or we all die."

((Oh, how I hate this.  Stay defensive and probably die when they hit us with overwhelming numbers?  Go offensive and die quick if they've set up ambushes or sent the raptor up, but maybe cut off their reinforcement routes if they're slow?  Run to the UFO and get a great defensive position, but be trapped in enemy territory with thirty enrahed enemies on one side, and their boss on the other?  Gaaahhh...

Also, am I annoying anyone with the constant demanding orders?  I've been trying to keep them relatively minimal, and you can always ignore them, but I still worry that I'm hurting other's gameplay with them.  Especially since I'm trying to play an officer who's channeling his terror and shock into commanding anger. >.> ))

Start counting to fifteen while I move, and when I reach fifteen, hit the detonator.  Wield M14 and ready the M203 with an HE.  Check the service corridor, and if there's no enemies, start advancing down it while remaining ready to fire the M203 towards the far door.  If there's *any* movement, I fire the grenade and follow it by hitting the floor and laying down suppressive M14 fire, then another HE, then the rest of my mag, another HE, and then I'll swap to the M240 for more suppressive fire.

If there are aliens down the service corridor when I check, kill them with M14 fire, then continue as above if they die.

((Waiting on Dev's reply here to RP, but I'll leave the action just in case.

@Dev Let's take NE lobby. ))

When Muldoon gives sign that the hall is clear, dash down the service access hall to NE lobby. Detonate the NW lift cables about halfway (halfway down the distance or halway through my turn, whichever comes first).
Keep a smoke grenade in hand; if I see an alien peeking out of the NE lobby doorway, throw it forward and immediately hug the ground.

((If I understand correctly, ayys have just left NE lobby. Probably getting all their forces regrouped at SE or Passenger lifts.))

"Hall is clear, go anytime."

lock the door to the back hallway, go to the front of the store.  Once close there, go prone and try to shoot at aliens to the east.

Lester [Syv] blows the the detonators, sending the north-west and south-west elevators crashing down.

Then Lester and John Denning [Azy] advance up the service corridor towards the south-east lift lobby with Sean Patrick [Midnight] right behind them.

Linton [Azy] pops a grenade into the central passenger lift, then tries to execute the wounded Beta through the smoke. He puts another hole in its right arm.

Muuldon and Barrantes continues to take cover in their store. They can't quite see shit from the barricaded back door without using the fiber-wire cam. But nothing seems to be coming that way. The back corridor is mostly clear.

Barrantes runs up the north side when the other team makes contact.

Aliens:
Suddenly a door opens into the south service corridor as Lester, John and Linton are moving up. A raptor slams into the front two.
It's on top of Lester and John, within snuggle range.

The rest of your team holds fire to avoid hitting you, barely getting control of their itchy trigger fingers.

Raptor as the red triangle. Other aliens still sneaking about and concealed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:12:43 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: It just wants to snuggle.
« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »

((snuggle ayylium.  yis.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2016, 06:39:12 pm »

((Eh, may I ask why Barrantes [Nik] was forced into the store instead of going to NE lift lobby, as said? I mean, Muldoon [Dev] gave "all clear" sign, after all. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2016, 06:49:15 pm »

"Clever girl."

Draw my M1911, close with the raptor until I am positive I have a clean shot, then fire towards it's center of mass.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2016, 07:25:45 pm »

"God damn it... hang in there!"

Try to move closer until I can get a clean shot, then fire at the raptor in short controlled bursts. Not hitting my teammates is priority number one, however.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2016, 07:49:38 pm »

"[Insert furious expletives and cries for help here]"
Try to get out from under this over- cuddly alien.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2016, 08:03:01 pm »

((Eh, may I ask why Barrantes [Nik] was forced into the store instead of going to NE lift lobby, as said? I mean, Muldoon [Dev] gave "all clear" sign, after all. ))

Oops.

You make it half-way towards the North-East Lift Lobby before the other team makes contact.

We'll do this retroactively.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2016, 08:20:54 pm »

((Is the square with the 56 in it the news helicopter?))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22