Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Thalalid  (Read 3746 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Thalalid
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 11:03:00 pm »

This is why, in a nutshell:
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 11:26:00 pm »

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Ramp

quote:
Unlike a stair ramps have no 'top', they only have a bottom. The tile above a ramp must be clear for it to operate. Ramps are less useful in construction then stairs because they do not provide access to adjacent tiles on the floor above them.

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Red Jackard ]

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Fenrir

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 09:45:00 am »

Ooops! Ok, now we can get Mulch out of there.

Fenrir

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 01:31:00 pm »

16th Slate
Ok, we had gotten Mulch free, but there were other... complications. An lost a hunting dog to a fire imp, but she was smart enough to watch the fray from afar (she must have run out of bolts). Everyone is now sleeping soundly, but I forgot to setup the beds, so Xotes decided that the warm obsidian next to the magma vent looked so comfortable. Xotes is now sleeping there, completely udisturbed by the magma men and fire imps. Let's see how that works out. Thanks to permeable floors, the fortress so far counts as above ground, so I had to set 'Dwarves Gather Refuse From Outside'. On the upside, we beat the crap outta some gnomes!
So, shall we start again, or see how this goes?

EDIT: Xotes is now dwarf toast.
EDITED EDIT: I'll start another community fortress.

[ December 11, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »

I say we keep going, and hope for the best!   :D

Edit: uh-oh, casualties already? on second thought...

[ December 11, 2007: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>I say we keep going, and hope for the best!    :D</STRONG>

Sorry, too late. Next time I say we do something different, like build the fortress entirely out of metal, or capture gnomes to chain up and decorate our lawn (is it possible to encase them in obsidian somehow?), or mod in dwarf-eating plants and make a garden of them, or make a gnome ranch! Somthing involving gnomes...

EDIT:
Or, everyone that claimed one of the original seven decides what they want their dwarf to be doing. All immigrants will be assigned to work for one of the original seven, and each immigrant will only be used to achieve the goals of their assigned dwarf. After the first wave, none of the original seven would have to do any work.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »

Sorry, that was before I saw you edited your post. So where are we off to now?
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 02:23:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>Sorry, that was before I saw you edited your post. So where are we off to now?</STRONG>

I'll start a new thread.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »

sorry, I'll ask on the other thread then.

[ December 11, 2007: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Pages: 1 2 [3]