Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Thalalid  (Read 3747 times)

Fenrir

Re: Thalalid
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Impending Doom:
<STRONG>maybe upgrade my mechanic skill to proficient, and an average miner if there's any left over.

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]</STRONG>

There was enough left to get you proficient mechanic and competent miner.

By the way, nice backstory Dwarmin.

Here are the dwarfs:

EDIT:
And myself...

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »

Haunting Moos?   XD

I like my likes.

Fenrir

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 09:15:00 pm »

"The Stunted Ripe Vegtables-Volcano, bah!", Fenrir muttered to herself, "Is this whole journey a joke to them?" As much as she objected to the name, Fenrir knew this had to be done. No one defied the king without being sentanced to death by hammering, a fate she would rather avoid.

She swung the tavern door open angrily and it slammed against the wall, drawing the attention of all within. Her boots stamped menacingly as she stepped in out of the cold. Over to the left, six dwarves sat at a table together. One of them recognized her and beckoned Fenrir over with a friendly wave.

"I'm comin' Xotes!", she bellowed as she strode over to the table. Fenrir reached into her coat and drew forth a map. She unrolled it and placed it upon the table so all could see. "Here's where they got us goin'", she said as she tapped her finger on the 'x' mark on the map. Xotes grinned wide. "The Strunted Ripe Vegtables-Volcano?!", he chuckled. Everyone, except for Fenrir, laughed aloud. "Enough!", growled Fenrir, "Torak, is the wagon ready?!" "Aye!", Torak replied, "Everythin-" "Alright, let's get on with it!", Fenrir interuppted

And so it begins...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 09:16:00 pm »

I like whips?  :eek:
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »

Next time I'll post the descriptions before we embark so you guys can select equipment based on your dwarf's taste.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »

that's alright, I just found that to be a bit of an... odd thing to like.
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Fenrir

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »

FYI, I forgot to name the fortress, so it's called 'Lancebronze'.

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 09:42:00 pm »

I actually quite like that map. You wouldn't happen to have the seed, would you?

Fenrir

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 09:58:00 pm »

19th Granite
Fenrir turned to see Torak running toward her, clearly he was distressed. "Fenrir!", he shouted. Fenrir set the groundhog aside and wiped the blood of An's second kill from her hands. "Fenrir!", Torak said, gasping for air, "Mulch is trapped!" "Trapped?!", Fenrir said, clearly more annoyed than concerned. "Follow me!", said Torak, and began running back toward the digsite. Fenrir followed, shouting at Torak all the while. "Your supposed to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen!"

As Fenrir descended, she looked about at the rough rock. "It was coming along well, if we don't get Mulch free we won't have a pick.", she thought. Torak called for her to hurry. Fenrir dashed around a few pillars of umined rock and nearly ran into Torak, who had stopped in front of a ramp and was peering down. "Where is she?", Fenrir asked. "Down here!", came a cry from below. "I can get back up the ramp, and I sure could use some wine!" "Wadda ya mean, 'you can't get back up'? Nonsense!", Fenrir roared. She stepped toward the ramp, but quickly noticed the truth in what Mulch had said. "I can't get down either!" Fenrir shouted, "What in the name of Armok did you to these ramps!"

Trapped Mulch:

The z-level above:

Why can't Mulch get out?
EDIT:
We came in from the top.

Fenrir

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 09:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Eiba:
<STRONG>I actually quite like that map. You wouldn't happen to have the seed, would you?</STRONG>

EDIT:
There are volcanos everywhere.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »

This is obviously a sign of worse things to come. Also, the mulch picture isnt working.

The ramps on the top dont lead to anything, the wall it's connected to on the direct Z above arent empty, that's why.

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Fenrir

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 10:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>This is obviously a sign of worse things to come. Also, the mulch picture isnt working.

The ramps on the top dont lead to anything, the wall it's connected to on the direct Z above arent empty, that's why.

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]</STRONG>

Strange, the picture displays for me.

I'm not sure I understand.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 10:13:00 pm »

I think I see what he means. There's a solid floor directly above the ramp.

Which makes me wonder: how did he get down there in the first place?

Fenrir

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 10:18:00 pm »

If you can't see Mulch's pic than you don't see the whole picture.
The fort goes like this:
code:

1st Level
#########
#.......# u = up ramp
#.#####.# d = down ramp
#.uuuuu.#
#.......#
#.......#
#.#...#.#
#.......#
#.......#
#.ddddd.#
#.#####.#
#.......#
#########

The Next level down
#########
#.......#
#.#####.#
#.ddddd.#
#.......#
#.......#
#.#...#.#
#.......#
#.......#
#.uuuuu.#
#.#####.#
#.......#
#########

And the next
#########
#.......#
#.#####.#
#.uuuuu.#
#.......#
#.......#
#.#...#.#
#.......#
#.......#
#.ddddd.#
#.#####.#
#.......#
#########

and so on...

EDIT:
I'm tired, so I'll deal with Mulch tomorrow. I hope to find a solution, sucks that stuff is going wrong already.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

Fernir, you are a 17 year old leo, right? either that or you know someone who is?

Yes, I am psychic; no, seriously; and, that's a horrible, horrible thought!
You know what, this could be an incredibility creepy post if you don't realize (like I did) that a lot of people use birthdays as seed numbers...

P.S.:    [SEED:19880727] is a nice one too...

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 [2] 3