Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56

Author Topic: Archcrystal: 500 years in a fortress [SPOILERS] Finished  (Read 490209 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Archcrystal: 410 years in a fortress [SPOILERS]
« Reply #570 on: April 27, 2018, 08:04:26 am »

Wish I could do something like this... All my fortresses die to an Undead crisis (I always play on evil regions) or I lose my patience.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 28, 2018, 01:20:33 pm »

Are all your wild animals extinct? What kinds of animals do you have in the fort?

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 28, 2018, 08:55:51 pm »

Yeah, they’re all extinct except for the ones that pop up in the caverns or the magma sea. The only ones from the surface we have are wicked soot peacock husks that stare eternally out of their cages.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 29, 2018, 08:19:31 am »

Yeah, that's what I figured. That wasn't my whole question though. I meant, do you have any other tamed animals in the fort besides cave dragons?

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 29, 2018, 08:54:26 am »

Oh, no just the hydras. I suppose I could start taming and breeding the rocs and regular dragons but that would slow down the fort and I’d rather not get into egg management again.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 29, 2018, 12:10:16 pm »

Any chance you might hit up some trade to others to acquire exotic wild life?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 29, 2018, 02:54:16 pm »

Oh, no just the hydras. I suppose I could start taming and breeding the rocs and regular dragons but that would slow down the fort and I’d rather not get into egg management again.
Wait a minute, you successfully bred hydras? How did you keep your dwarves from trying to kill them?

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 29, 2018, 04:07:30 pm »

Haha yeah, all the way back on page 9:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156319.150
I keep the hydras chained in a large pasture far away from the military dwarves on the bottom level of hell with a long many door passage leading into it. I slaughter them at the beginning of the month to avoid the risk of a butcher activating for military service while in their sight.
As for other animals I don’t think I’ll trade for any, maybe a unicorn.

Urist McForumUser

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Butchering cats and puppies since 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 10, 2018, 12:34:10 am »

Wow. Stumbled across this thread originally in 2016 then re-stumbled across it today and was shocked it was still chugging right along. I dont post much at all, mostly lurk, but decided to log in to say thanks for the entertaining as hell read and jaw dropping fort. Ive been playing DF for about 7-8 years, and I've never gotten a fort over 25 years old.

Keep it up, its amazing.
Quick! Someone say something funny. I need a good sig line!

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 10, 2018, 10:39:07 am »

Thanks! Right now trying to get some more marriages happening, and getting children conceived in the new version is a little tougher. The population has fallen to 132, so we need more babies!!!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 20, 2018, 07:06:06 pm »

Wait a minute, you successfully bred hydras? How did you keep your dwarves from trying to kill them?

IIRC, if the hydras never attacked (that is, went into combat with) a member of your civ then they won't be hostile when you train them.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

EDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 20, 2018, 08:39:55 pm »

IIRC, if the hydras never attacked (that is, went into combat with) a member of your civ then they won't be hostile when you train them.

There's currently a bug that makes military dwarfs always hostile to megabeasts. It's possible to work around it if you're careful, but very difficult. Not like that's ever bothered Sethatos :P

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 23, 2018, 05:19:55 pm »

I guess I'll have to be a little more careful around managing their stress now...

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 23, 2018, 08:26:21 pm »

Make them a gladiator pit!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

EDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 25, 2018, 08:12:42 am »

You updated. I didn't think you would. Armok help you, you've unleashed something far more destructive than any fiendish monster from the darkness.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56