Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Overfishing!  (Read 906 times)

Gislamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Overfishing!
« on: December 10, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »

In my first fortresses, I noticed my ponds ran out of fish ater less than a year with a fisherdwarf. Now, I've drained my brook of life with two fisherdwarfs ( several hundred fish got hooked up). I'm wondering: Can I drain streams,minor and major rivers of their fish?

How about Oceans and freshwater lakes? Has anyone tried or succedded?

Might be an intersting challenge... my next fortress is going to be 7 max skill fisherdwarves next to a major river, as soon as I get bored of my current one.

So I'm just trying to discuss if anyone has info on the amount of fish available in water bodies. If there isin't, I'll try to find out in my next fort.

Aspartic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overfishing!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:56:00 pm »

The fish will repopulate after a while.
o matter the cost.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overfishing!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »

I'm currently making a fishing area, which will b a a gigantic pond covered in grates, and a single great leads to it from the river so it will be populated and refilled.

All I do is repeat this pattern.

# = Grate - = floor . = ground

.--------.
.########.
.########.
.--------.
.########.
.########.

Below the grates is water.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.