Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294588 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD - Turn 74 [To the Future]
« Reply #2160 on: September 28, 2017, 07:30:36 am »

((I'd rather not know my epilogue. As for final wishes...))

Squelchy would continue to seek slimy friends, creating a community of slimes.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: September 28, 2017, 07:43:27 am »

Roeway would gather his pack and try to lead the forest evacuation helping keep the evacuation safe by scouting ahead for a safe path and hopefully find a safe place to settle
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: September 28, 2017, 08:28:49 am »

((I'm in the same forest as Roeway, right?))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: September 28, 2017, 11:23:38 am »

((If there are the plant people then yes also I think we saw each other at a distance))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: September 28, 2017, 11:47:01 am »

Having investigated Ramas' and Firande's bloodlines, and possibly Vanare's if she agreed to, Caedan bade farewell to the Songstress, wishing her luck in her endeavors and stating that he wouldn't mind their paths crossing once again. The vampire along with his companions headed to uncover more of his past and to figure out just whose inheritor Ramas is.

And yes to the epilogue.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: September 28, 2017, 11:51:46 am »

Gorra would work towards strengthening his powers and knowledge, perhaps later on he would form a small army of undead and capture a town to more conveniently study magic, essence, physics and the forces that govern it all.

Epilogue: Reveal it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: September 28, 2017, 12:28:13 pm »

If memory serves well yes :)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: September 28, 2017, 12:34:04 pm »

((And if I survive I can play as the same character in the continuation, right?))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: September 28, 2017, 12:41:08 pm »

((And if I survive I can play as the same character in the continuation, right?))
Of course!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: September 28, 2017, 12:43:10 pm »

I would like my epilogue revealed then. My wishes are basically to not die and get out of the forest to a safe place.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: September 28, 2017, 09:53:41 pm »

Epilogues
Previous Turn

The Psychic Forest Spider (randomgenericusername)
You may choose to have your "epilogue" revealed now or not. If you have wishes in particular, you may state them. If some seem at the verge of realizable and impossible, a dice will be rolled.
This forest was his home. He would try to gather all the survivors, al the monsters, insects and animals, and organize an evacuation. Help all the monsters leave the forest and then stay behind to win time by distracting the demons until he dies. He and his kin wouldn't leave their home without a fight, and they know they have no chance to cause real damage, but that won't stop them from trying.
(I don't want the sylvarians to die. Also I just realized Ashbloom is still at the forest, so she will die too if I don't do something.)

Those who survive.
« The Spider could not abandon its home. He had lived along the song of the forest for all its time, and he would fight to keep that song alive.

When a draconic voice let out a soul-wrenching roar, before falling silent, all knew no one would be able to stop the demonic advance. Darakion the Shegarian, the draconic protector of the forest had fallen to a mighty demon. All hope was lost in front of this unstoppable force.

Steeling its will, the Spider pushed its telepathic powers to their limits, managing to reach out to the minds of many monsters. Small in presence yet strong in conviction, its voice calmed the panicked souls he came across.

He could not save everyone, for some would never allow their pride to suffer the affront of the exile. So he saved those he could, and with the help of the monsters willing to help him, he gathered the survivors and guided them through a safe passage.

Sylvarians, Beastfolks, Fay Creatures… all were treated equally in this hardship.

The survivors lived, but what about the Spider?... »

That was the last stand. In front of them, prideful and hateful voices raged. Demons and their servants. Behind, the wailing cries of the evacuated. With a small company of brave monsters, the Spider stood strong.

The Spider was exhausted, its mind barely kept together by its willpowers, and its body on the verge of breaking down. No more energy, a sliver of life coursing through its veins… It was a miracle it was still conscious.

Suddenly bolts of purple and crimson emerged from the woods, striking into the last standers. Blasted by fire and magic, outnumbered, exhausted, the valiant guard engaged their enemy. The Spider looked at itself and the others. Bright flames in the night, unshakable… To itsmind came a word : Why ?

Why did I forsake my instinct of survival to save them ? Why did they follow me ? Why did I feel so much greater than any time before ?

The Spider couldn’t put the answer it got into words, but felt satisfied. And with a resolute spirit, it unleashed the last ounce of its strength into a psychic attack.

[6] Sole Survivor.

The Psychic Forest Spider was the only one to survive among the one who stayed behind…
Thanks to their heroic stand, the survivors of the Elon Woods could escape from the demons. They headed toward the southern forests.

Squelchy the Polyslime (Coolrune206)
((I'd rather not know my epilogue. As for final wishes...))

Squelchy would continue to seek slimy friends, creating a community of slimes.

A slimy mystery.
The tale of Squelchy became a tale among many. Though it is rumored a growing community of slimes appeared thanks to it in the Nevak Jungle.

Squelchy: Fate left unknown.
Nevak Jungle: a slime community?...

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound (killerhellhound)
Roeway would gather his pack and try to lead the forest evacuation helping keep the evacuation safe by scouting ahead for a safe path and hopefully find a safe place to settle

For those who fell.
« Bloodied and half its body charred, Roeway managed to reunite with Iverpack and Wrapfur. Roeway didn’t let his kin panic over its terrible state, urging them to come help him evacuate the monsters of the forest. Of course, they were reluctant at first, it was not the monster way to help one of another species.

But Roeway convinced them with words, reaching out to their hate against the demons.
« Out pack is gone because of the demons. If I can undermine the plans of these bastards, I will. This is the first step of our revenge. »

Together, they joined with a group of evacuees, as Roeway had heard the voice of the Spider. The three of them led the first groups, scouting ahead for dangers, and leading them all through safe paths."

While they led the front, other stayed behind to delay the demonic advance. »

They were now far from the Elon Woods. Roeway sniffed the wind, picking no trace of danger ahead. He looked back, toward the inferno that was once the first forest he ever saw. He closed his eyes, inhaling a lungful of fresh air.

That was the taste of life. He thanked in his heart the ones who stayed behind. He would live thanks to them, and he felt grateful for their sacrifice.

Turning forward, he walked toward the south. To a safe place.

Roeway lived, and led the monsters to a safe place.
Ashbloom lives.

Caedan the Bloody Impaler (Hawk132)
Having investigated Ramas' and Firande's bloodlines, and possibly Vanare's if she agreed to, Caedan bade farewell to the Songstress, wishing her luck in her endeavors and stating that he wouldn't mind their paths crossing once again. The vampire along with his companions headed to uncover more of his past and to figure out just whose inheritor Ramas is.

And yes to the epilogue.

The secrets of blood.
« Caedan declined helping Vanare in her efforts to find a weapon against monsters for Fordania. Fortunately, It didn’t put a dent to their cordial exchanges, and he could focus on his objective : uncovering the secrets hidden in the blood of his comrades.

It took many days of relentless work for Caedan to grasp the secrets of the bloodlines. He feared the blood would be too diluted after so many generations, or that the old knowledge wouldn’t apply anymore… But the results proved his fears wrong.

The monstrous blood coursing in these humans veins may have been diluted, for some reason he could not understand, a dominant blood awakened in each of them. Furthermore, each of these bloods had the exact same signature as the ones in the documentation of the Ancients.

An inherited blood, awakened after centuries of slumber. This notion was unnervingly exciting to Caedan.

Ramas awakened the blood of the Vampires, monsters who mastered the art of blood manipulation.
Firande was awakening the blood of the Leviathans, sea serpents who ruled the southern seas.
Vanare took the test too, despite an initial reluctance. Her blood revealed the dormant aspect of the Sirens.

The two women results were interesting on their own, but Ramas ones were much more intriguing. His blood signature matched with a specific clan of Vampires, the Arsang clan, one of the largest represented vampiric clans...

Caedan wondered, what else could be awakened from this blood ?

There were many more hidden knowledge to learn in this repository of ancient times, but the urge to uncover its past was burning inside Caedan. Studying maps, using his vague memories as a thread, he finally determined where to go.

To the place of his memories. The manor he saw, the visage he saw. »

"This is time for farewell, I am glad to have met you Vanare."

The group stood at the edge of the large forest where the Levemite ruins laid dormant. Having slept the night prior in the Songstress house, they felt renewed and ready to tackle any challenge.

"It was an honor, and a generous twist of fate to me. I hope we met again, and that you find your answers."

Caedan noded, and Vanare added something.
"Are you really sure just going to this place you always speak of will awaken your memories?"

The crimson eyed individual smiled, revealing its shining ivory teeth.
"The soul never forget. That is what was written in one of the many books on memory I read. According to my researches, memories will come back if I get there."

There was a short silence, which Caedan anticipated:
"And if they still don't come back, well, I will move on to a next place. Find a new way. I have all my life to remember. And I have this to help."

He took out a curious artifact from his bag. A tablet created by the Sentinels, containing the sum of the research of Caedan. He could power it with his own mana.

"I wish you the best of luck. Be very careful, you are still in Fordania, and I told you of the state of the kingdom. You know what will happen if your nature is revealed."

Caedan's smile widened, and he simply said "We will see to that...", and he turned back toward his destination. As he walked forward, he gave a look to Ramas and Firande saying their farewells to Vanare. These two humans he traveled with... Two broken souls, as lost as himself. They weren't that different, and he felt some self-pity.

He wondered, didn't he become more "humans" by travelling with them? He did grow a bit soft. Probably. This thought amused him.

Laughing at the prospective of the unknown, he set his eyes on the horizon.
There, his answers awaited...

Caedan headed for his destination, which would take weeks with careful treading. In the company of Ramas and Firande, he will eventually find the truth about himself.
Vanare returned to Lagus.

Gorra the Lich (crazyabe)
Gorra would work towards strengthening his powers and knowledge, perhaps later on he would form a small army of undead and capture a town to more conveniently study magic, essence, physics and the forces that govern it all.

Epilogue: Reveal it.

To see and learn of what lies beyond unlife.
« Gorra decided to pursue his thirst for power and knowledge. Scouring the lands he awoke in, he slowly raised a small force of undead followers. Any creature that crossed his path, he killed and raised. With its growing armed force, he settled in the fortified ruins of an old temple.

Starting from his sole knowledge, he studied magic and the many mysteries of the world. Naturally, his mastery of the necromantic arts grew, and he sent his minions to scout the surrounding lands as he accumulated power.

Nothing but a savage land, scarce in life and filled with many horrors. What happened to the world during his last slumber? He could barely remember his previous life himself, so maybe the world was always this way?

Yet as time went on, his scouts brought back news of more ruins, and sometimes even found some old magical tool or relic. The routine of magical research set in, and the passage of time became meaningless to the lichas its power grew slowly, but surely. »

In the depths of the decrepit temple, Gorra the lich studied a new curiosity his minions brought back. For once, it wasn't some trinket randomly picked up on the ground. He glanced at a pile of junk in a corner of the room.

"What a curious magic tool, it seems this one is capable of draining the necromantic energies from a corpse or a body. Interesting, what can be the embedded spell behind it?"

He twisted and turned the device, observing it from all sides. For some reason, he suddenly stopped, and felt like contemplating the silence a bit. How good this silence felt. He took another look at the device, raised his skeletal arm to the skies and shouted:
"Thank you Nepkeros, and whatever disaster befell on you!"

Then he put the tool back on a nearby shelf, and stood there pondering. He learnt recently that the lands surrounding his "domain" were once a country called Nepkeros. Some sort of magically obsessed country, seeing all the artifacts and tools his brainless minions could find.

All for the better though. The dead are calm neighbors, usually.

This little break over, Gorra returned to his studies.

Gorra kept accumulating power, making sure not to attract unwanted attention from the most inconvenient neighbors. He eventually discovered that the lands he settled in where the remnants of a country which had an incredible mastery in the magical arts.

Ulkas the Horned Demon (Sarrak)

The quest that never ends.
« Faced with an incredible challenge, with the threat of death, and an urging curiosity gnawing at them, Astrosa and Ulkas couldn't resist. They stopped flying toward the twin villages of Ilmer and Inmer, and decided to let these humans with an unparalleled strength approach them... The closer the presences got, the stronger the chill in their back became. There was no mistake, these humans were like no others...

Ulkas and Astrosa would remember those names, spoken by their enemies before engaging the two demons into battle. Lamine Prelias and Adenar Prelias, the twin heroes born in Harpelio. Respectively wielding an enchanted sword and shield, and an enchanted spear. The demons decided to strike first. Using Ulkas powers to their advantage, they would disorient their enemies and strike one down, then focus on the second with their combined forces. If the enemy was strong, they had to put everything in their first attack.

With a powerful illusion spell, Ulkas made the opening move. The two human heroes should have been assaulted by illusions so vivid all their senses would be focused on the spell.
At the same time, Astrosa rushed toward the spear wielding hero, flying so fast one could even say she blinked. Pouring all her strength in a single strike, she formed a crimson scythe to behead the human.

But the woman shouted something the very moment you casted your spell, and an invisible barrier surrounded them. Even Astrosa's powerful attack couldn't break through it. A defensive spell to gain time, but Ulkas felt confident in his spell. Both humans were still under it, and should have been completely cut off from each other.

The man thrusted his spear toward the direction of the attack, grazing Astrosa, and immediately followed a succession of increasingly precise attacks. And the more the demoness dodged, the more the spear came closer to stabbing her in a vital organ.

The woman stood unmoving, chanting spells.
There was still a barrier impervious to magic and physical attacks surrounding her, and she was supporting Adenar with her magic.

It was a mirror match.
The demons still had the advantage, they thought. Ulkas used of Translocation magic to physically separate the two humans, thus cutting the supporter from the fighter. All the while, he kept up the Illusion spell, draining through his reserves. And yet Astrosa was still unable to gain the advantage as the exchange of blows was pushing her to the defensive. Ulkas knew time was against them, and he was focusing all his powers into making this fight a quick one. He attempted disrupting the movements of Adenar with his Control powers, to no avail. He could also feel that the human was becoming increasingly more resilient to his magic, as if he was adapting to it.

Suddenly a pillar of energy fell from the skies, right upon Astrosa. Were it not for the bracelet she wore, she would probably have been knocked out by the powerful attack. This spell was casted by Lamine, who shouldn't have been able to know where Astrosa or even Adenar were. Having Ulkas focus barely shaken by the surprise was enough for the two humans to break through the illusion spell. Everything went extremely fast past this point.

Ulkas was skewered, blood running through his face. He attempted to protect Astrosa, first with translocation, then with his body when his mana reserves waned. They would have died, were it not for his last gambit. Burning his lifeforce to find enough power for a last spell, Ulkas created an illusion of clones of himself and Astrosa. He collapsed, and Astrosa grabbed him and flew away, far, far, far from there as fast as she could.

And they escaped.

(...)

It took days for Ulkas to recover. And this one sided battle brought Ulkas back to reality: himself and Astrosa were strong, but there were vastly stronger beings in the world. And they would die would they fall again to their hubris. After a long discussion, they came to the realization that running amok in human lands would no longer be an option. They had to look out for safer, more efficient means of accumulating strength.

Taking example on the two heroes who defeated them, they sought to acquire enchanted equipment. Investigating many possibilities using Ulkas mind reading powers, they realized after not long that stealing such rarities from the humans would be a next to impossible task. But there was another way, ruins of the Ancients.

There were tales of buried ruins containing many powerful artifacts, having been made by many civilizations across the ages. From the mythical Ancients, to the many countries that disappeared in the flames of war or catastrophe. Astrosa remembered that such ruins existed even in the infernal realm too. That in itself was a huge clue into deciding their next move.

The duo of demons headed for the ruined kingdom of Valern first, as Ulkas always felt there was more to discover in this place. Here, they would uncover the past of Valern, and maybe more. »

It was a cool night. The full moon was shining bright in the sky, dwarfing all the stars with her radiance. To you who barely remembered the infernal realm, you wondered how one would feel this beautiful astral orb for the first time. You reached your hand toward the ivory astral body. Your quest felt like trying to reach the moon.

Then you imagined the life of a young demon dreaming of seeing the surface. The young demon would struggle, face many hardships and extend its hand toward the false sky of the infernal realm, like you right now. Then one day, he would reach the surface. Having become strong, he would attain his goal.

And then he would see it, the moon.

Beautiful in her radiance, graceful in her profile. He would then extend his hand toward it, and attempt to grasp it. For that, he would need more strength.

And then? When he would reach the moon, would there be another moon? It could be the sun. Or something you couldn't imagine. In the end, the young demon would forever chase after something greater.

You and that young demon were alike, for the quest for power is a quest that never ends.

Ulkas and Astrosa lost against the twin heroes of Harpelio. Managing to escape, they changed course and set off to Valern as a first step to uncover artifacts to strengthen themselves.

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster(Beirus)
Great. If possible, I'd like Gray's goals to be: Learning from the monks and developing his own method of fighting to take advantage of his abilities and elements, and maybe developing some sort of environmental essence absorption ability through meditation.

To be a part of the world:
« For Gray and Brown, the rest of the journey wasn't without hardships. Though many, none managed to stop them, and they eventually reached their destination. In the rocky highlands known as the Ta Simal Plateau lived the famous master of Barag and Kokaun. Simply known as Masen, the sage of Ta Simal.

There he honed the martial art he created, observing monsters and incorporating their characteristics into his art. After years of observing, imitating, and even challenging many creatures, he came to understand the potential they possessed as monsters, which himself as a human had not. With time, he grew envious of them, and decided to follow legends and myths to find monsters with who he would be able to reach understanding and make them draw out their potential...

The monsters his disciple Barag brought to him were warmly welcomed. They all easily started getting along, as these individuals found themselves in his dream. To draw out the potential of their monstrous bodies, and attain a new form of strength.

Under the guidance of Masen, the three monsters started training. This human saw and felt things neither humans nor monsters could understand, finding flaws in one move, and potential in another. Despite being human, he seemed to understand monstrous bodies better than their owners.

And in time, Gray developed his style. An incredible style, testimony to its very nature, symbolized by a chaotic river that seemed to follow the whims of its unstable elements. With unpredictable jabs and dodges taking advantage of its constitution, always in motion like in a mad dance, Gray would alter the flow of its movements to better suit the situation. It was a style with strong offense and defense, whose main drawback was the sheer amount of stamina used which made it unsuitable to prolonged engagements. Gray hadn't mastered and refined his control of energy expenditure yet.

Masen taught Gray the art of meditation, specifically the skill to commune with what he called "the song of the land". When he meditated and forwent what he called the sense of self, one could be able to hear a soothing whispering choir. Initially, Gray only used this skill to learn peace of mind and hone his focus. But he realized that if he were to clear his mind and focus on attuning with the "song", he would slowly absorb essence.

The days went by, simple and undisturbed in the company of his new friends. Peaceful days, which surely changed the outlook Gray had on the world. »

The scorching sun blazed across the plateau. At the edge of a bottomless cliff, Gray stood motionless, having perfectly distributed his mass across his body in a symmetric fashion. Here, only him, the sun, and silence. No wind, no sound. Not a single disturbance.

In a half state of consciousness, Gray mind was wandering in what master Masen called the Song of the Land. When Gray communed with it, he felt he was on the verge of grasping the secrets of the world.

"I am to the world but like one of the many "me" that composes my self. I am part of the world, yet I am myself too."

He often had such thoughts while meditating. He felt at peace like never before. The past earthly struggles were no longer heavy memories, but cogs and gears forming an incredible machine together. He became a grain of sand in the desert, a drop of water in an ocean.

He had come to understand some truth about essence. Living beings released their essence upon dying, other living beings could absorb this essence, and there was this essence he could feel all throughout the world when he meditated. There was a cycle at hand. Did it have a purpose? Was it just the way the world was meant to be? The world was so amazing, and he felt that the more he discovered about it, the more this belief strengthened.

Finally Gray slowly sank deeper and deeper into its meditation, for who know how many hours or days...

Gray developed his personal martial art with Masen, the master of Barag. Spending these days peacefully honing its body and mind taught him much, especially the ability to absorb essence through meditation.

Nox the Vampire Bat
A bit late, here are Nox's goals for the future : Strive to become more powerful than ever, hunting man, beast and "evolved" monsters alike, using of both deceit and power to achieve his goals.
I'd also like to have my epilogue revealed please :3
« Faced with the threat of its own mortality, Nox made a vow to acquire more power, again and again. He would surpass all that would cross his path, no matter the cost.

Any mean at his disposal was a suitable one if it fueled his quest for power. Especially in the world he lived in, for he quickly realized the lands he roamed were not welcoming of weakness. Was it the nature of these lands? Did some terrible event cursed them? For reasons unknown to him, the creatures he fought were all twisted, ravenous and merciless. All of them shaped by an abominable hunger and hate for living and unliving beings alike...

He found no man in these lands. Only nightmarish creatures, some whose heart already stopped beating a long time ago...

Death came whispering at his ear so often he became numb to its cold touch. And the stronger he became, the more distant the embrace felt... »

[5]: Unfettered Survivor.
Nox fought, killed, betrayed. And evolved. Becoming stronger, he walked on the way to becoming a terror among horrors.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:34:10 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:27 pm »

Haha I felt rusty writing all this.

I can't wait for the next game to start :)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues
« Reply #2172 on: September 28, 2017, 10:10:56 pm »

Same I can't wait either. Do I just import it? Or are you doing the importing of people or whatever?

Your writing style also feels very meaningful and dramtic/Epic which I really like.

Here is my sheet since it never got put on the waitlist and is probably hard to find lol.

((room for another?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any improvements to reccomend for the new game?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:16:20 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: September 28, 2017, 10:20:17 pm »

Thanks Abstract! I will take characters in when the game starts properly, as I am still pondering if I go through some changes or not.

Your place is already "reserved" so there won't be a need to hurry.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: September 28, 2017, 11:11:33 pm »

Many thanks, epilogue was perfect! Pity we did not quite kick heroes ass tho  ;D
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146