Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294823 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Turn 70
« Reply #1755 on: September 09, 2016, 02:52:59 pm »

(( oh man im so dead right now))
RUN!!!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 09, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »

Get into tree cover and find a safe place for Wrapfur to rest while I investigate the smoke

Come on lets find somewhere to rest. Iverpack keep watch over him, I'm going to take a look at that smoke.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 09, 2016, 09:18:34 pm »

Fire pieces into weak spots of the scorpion, like its mouth or gaps in its chitin. Have the pieces devour it from the inside.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: September 10, 2016, 12:11:22 am »

"...Whew... This was the closest one, I think."

Ulkas touched his neck several times, just to make sure it is still in one piece. Somewhat relieved, he signed heavily:

"We'll have to do something with your rampart emotions, Astrosa. It gets too dangerous to rely purely on them..."

Carefully, he picked up her injured body, trying not to make the situation worse, and flew to the small forest close by. Returning to the spirit hills meant uncertain dangers, staying in the open or exploring further was unwise, so forest remained the only semi-safe option for now.

Fly to the forest. Try to ease Astrosa pain and internal suffering by projecting peaceful and relaxing emotions on her sleeping mind.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 10, 2016, 05:18:18 pm »

Turn 70.03

Squelchy the Polyslime
Squelchy burbles worriedly. He hops away, into some deep underbrush, seeking shelter in any possible areas.

[3] Invigorated by your meal, you hop away quickly in some green hideout. You feel the hostile presences getting away from your position.

Then you smell distress pheromones coming from some slime. They found a victim, and are in the process of hunting it.

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
Attack the Cyclops my spirit!!

You command your minion to attack the Cyclops.

Ghost: [4]
Osuro: [2]
Cyclops: [2]
The spiritual undead flies toward the giant, and phase through it as it focuses its unlife energy in the front.

The Cyclops screams in pain from the attack, and flails wildly toward Osuro.
The great skeleton takes his distance to avoid getting hit, but in return don't manage to land a blow on the Cyclops.

Enemy :
-Cyclops : lost hand / left foot unusable / Weakened

Allies :
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro Injured
> Worn battle axe
-Mindless Ghost

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
((I wonder if Vanare picked up on my previous subtle hint that I'm actually a monster, back when we met.))

"I shall try to meet your expectations."

Let's do this.

The songstress positions herself in front of the entrance, stopping in front of the invisible barrier. You ready yourself too, taking the heavy device with you and waiting for her to open a path.

"—"

[6] The song started gentle and slow paced, charging slowly the air with power.
Then as the opening verse ended, her voice became stronger and the tone of the song turned powerful.
Letters from the ancient language stormed around her, vanishing in thin air like the embers of a bonfire.

A ripple shook the invisible barrier, which turned visible as space became distorted around it.
Then a violent crackling sound was heard right in front of her, and a gap opened in the forcefield.

She showed signs of extreme exhaustion, as her face dripped with sweat and her whole body shook progressively stronger.

[2] You darted through the unstable passage and set the device on the ground.
You poured all the mana you could inside it to trigger the device. The symbols on its surface lit up brightly and a spell activated.

An invisible force began holding up the gap, seemingly keeping it open... But you realized it wasn't working. The forcefield was stronger, and closing slowly despite the device and Vanare's song.

Ramas: [2]
Ramas stepped forward, intending to rush to your aid. But Firande stopped him :
"Don't !"

She pointed at the gap, it was so unstable it could close at any moment.
The young man bit his lip and shouted to you :
"Caedan, get away from here ! Vanare is about to collapse !"

Allies :
-Vanaremalia, short Vanare. Songstress.
> Extreme exhaustion

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem

Oran simply stares for a little bit, then responds in the same tongue, raising his right palm to the sky and flowing his water into the basin within as he looks down at it

I have only awoken very recently, However, I know my purpose is to protect others first, I bring life, not death. When I saw the humans being attacked, I went to protect. I do not understand myself, nor this place, and if I, one who originated of this place, did not know, then they surely did not either, what have they done other then enter this tower, in which they may not have known they did not belong?

With a hostile and furious voice, he said :
"Ψου φοργοτ ψουρ πυρποσε... Τηεσε ιντρυδερς αρε τηιεϝες, ηερε το δεφιλε τηε λεγαξψ οφ ουρ μαστερς ! Τηεψ αρε νοτ ιννοξεντ, μανψ οτηερ σιτες φελλ πρεψ το τηεσε ραιδερς."

Which you understood as :"You forgot your purpose... These intruders are thieves, here to defile the legacy of our masters ! They are not innocent, many other sites fell prey to these raiders."

And he then warned you :
"Ιφ ψου υνδερστανδ, ηελπ με ορ στανδ ασιδε. Ονλψ ουρ μαστερς αρε αλλοωεδ το τρεαδ ιν τηεσε γρουνδς, τηεψ δο νοτ βελονγ ηερε."

You think he said :"If you understand, help me or stand aside. Only our masters are allowed to tread in these grounds, they do not belong here."

Enemy ? Ally ?
-Mysterious being

Non-hostiles :
-Cloaked Humans
> One fighting
> One unconscious

Spoiler: Oran's Status (click to show/hide)

Nox the Vampire Bat
Sink your claws into the crowshifter's neck so he can't get you off and keep sucking blood.

[6] You sunk your claws in the transformed crow, firmly holding and sucking more blood.
"Graaaah ! GET. OFF !"

Crowshifter: [4]
The crowshifter flew a few meter upward with you still holding on. Then he dove straight on the ground, intending to crush you under his weight.
Realizing this you began to try to get off, but your claws were too firmly sunk in its flesh, and you couldn't get off in time.

[3] The impact on the ground combined with the weight of the crow nearly made you puke all the blood you just ingested. Stunned and hurt, you released your bite and your grasp weakened.
-4HP

Crowshifter: [6]
Getting up and shaking wildly around, the crow managed to get you off him. But in the process he opened the wound even more, and fell to his knees. His vision began to blur and he felt as if weight were strapped on his limbs.
"Arh... Crah... Gwah !.." he rasped, exhausted.

Enemy :
-Crowshifter Severe Volume of Blood drained / Limbs heavy vision blurred

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
(( oh man im so dead right now))
RUN!!!

Gaunt Husk: [1]
Mud Devourer: [5]
The Mud Devourer encircled the struggling husk, until it fully covered it. As if drowning, the Husk tried to fight back, to no avail...

You ran away, and looking behind the Mud behemoth wasn't moving at all, busy killing the husk.
Eventually you got far enough you couldn't see the river. Hiding behind a huge boulder, you rested, panting heavily.

You still had the guts slashed open, spilling out of the wound. Would it heal ? Would you die ?
These lands were much more dangerous than you expected them to be...

Enemy:
-Gaunt Husk of Pestilence ?
-Blood-Eye Mud Devourer ?

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
Get into tree cover and find a safe place for Wrapfur to rest while I investigate the smoke

Come on lets find somewhere to rest. Iverpack keep watch over him, I'm going to take a look at that smoke.

You managed to find a seemingly safe place where Wrapfur could rest undisturbed.
"I will watch over him, be careful scouting out there. Don't do anything reckless, we know nothing of these lands."

You left toward the nearest source of black smoke.

[5] You felt a familiar and dreaded smell. Demons.

You carefully progressed toward the smell of burning wood, using the dense vegetation as a cover. You got a proper visual assessment of the situation once closer.

Many trees were burning, but among them a gigantic tree was covered in flames.
There were corpses of humanoids made of vines and wood everywhere around, inert and charred.

And a large number of demons of all origins were gathered here, fighting the few last alive humanoids. One different demon was standing before the tree, though you couldn't see what he was doing.

He had a charred appearance, as if its whole body -wings, tail, everything- was burned to the crisp. It had a standard set of two horns.

Enemies :
-Many demons, more than the map show

Code: [Select]
-----------------------
l sd      OOOO  d     l
l d   s    OO         l
l    s d    D     d   l
l   ddd               l
l s                   l
l                     l
l  : : : :@: : : : :  l
-----------------------
d: Demons
D: Bigger and meaner than the rest demon
s: wood humanoids
O: the great tree
: heavy grass

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger
Fire pieces into weak spots of the scorpion, like its mouth or gaps in its chitin. Have the pieces devour it from the inside.

[3] You fire four pieces of yourself at the scorpion, aiming for what seem like gaps in its chitin and in its mouth.
-4HP
Three pieces land on its chitin, and begin moving in through gaps.
The last piece land in its mouth.

Pieces: [3, 4, 4, 3]
One piece has difficulties getting in through the very tight gap, and is still struggling.
The two other pieces manage to reach the flesh and begin attempting to quickly digest it, creating holes under its chitin.
The piece in the mouth does the same.

The scorpion roars as it feels an intense sensation of burn in its body, flailing his pincer around and Kokaun at the same time.

Suddenly you sensed warning signal from your parts.
Pieces: [1, 3, 5, 1]
You lost contact with three pieces.

Bronzeking Scorpions were very dangerous predators.
Their venom was one of the strongest neurotoxin of the desert, and a strong acidic substance coursed in their blood and saliva. As such, their saliva and blood could melt flesh in an instant, and of course they were immune to all of these natural weapons.

The only left piece managed to resist the acid, and is still devouring the scorpion

Barag: [6]
Brown: [6]
Barag had already started jumping forward even before you fired your parts. He threw swift stabs at the beast, moving nimbly to avoid getting the acidic blood in his face. He aimed at the arm holding Kokaun, managing to make the scorpion soften its grasp.
Brown helped Barag by hardening its body and morphing to form a shield of some sort, fending off strikes that would hit the human. But he got some scorpion blood spattered on his surface, melting a portion of himself.

"Aaah ! It burns !"

But when the beast suddenly flailed, they both got taken by surprise and were hit by a sweep of the tail. Barely protecting themselves, they rolled in the sand, getting bruises and cuts all over the body.

Kokaun: [3]
Thanks to everyone's help, Kokaun managed to summon enough force to open the pincer and get free. Jumping out of the way, he rolled on the ground and stood up, breathing heavily.

Scorpion: [2]
The scorpion turned, facing you three. Charging toward you, it attempted to snatch another victim, to no avail.

Enemy :
- Gigantic Sand Scorpion "Bronzeking Scorpion" Spots digested

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Wounded
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounded

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
"...Whew... This was the closest one, I think."

Ulkas touched his neck several times, just to make sure it is still in one piece. Somewhat relieved, he signed heavily:

"We'll have to do something with your rampart emotions, Astrosa. It gets too dangerous to rely purely on them..."

Carefully, he picked up her injured body, trying not to make the situation worse, and flew to the small forest close by. Returning to the spirit hills meant uncertain dangers, staying in the open or exploring further was unwise, so forest remained the only semi-safe option for now.

Fly to the forest. Try to ease Astrosa pain and internal suffering by projecting peaceful and relaxing emotions on her sleeping mind.

Carefully lifting her up, you headed off for the forest.

Emotions Control: [5]
Your constant projection of calm and soothing emotions on her mind eventually won over the pain and chaotic hate, and she fell asleep soundly.
And probably because of her pacified mind, her regeneration powers accelerated a little. Superficial wounds began to close, making you feel a sense of relief.

Once in a safer place, you let her lying on the ground. In time, she would recover thanks to her regenerative powers. But how long would it take ? For some reason, you had the feeling the damage she suffered were more serious than you expected.

Expansive Mind: [5]
In the idle time you had, you thought a lot about the battle with these old humans.

They displayed skills and power you never saw before, and their full power wasn't immediately visible to Astrosa. Maybe there was a way to control one's power, one's energy ?
From the vague feeling you had when you took control of the human body, each of the skills he used seemed to greatly weaken him.
Mana was used, you were sure of that as you could absorb some residual mana.

"Lifeforce". This word echoed in your mind. Burning one's lifeforce and mana to create powerful attacks ?...

Could humans be this strong ? Weren't they a weak race ? Or was it just some inconvenient coincidence ? First the Chosen, though in this case it wasn't the human itself. But then this...

You began hoping it was just a coincidence, then suddenly words and images flashed in your mind.

(...)
A crimson land in a dark place, dimly lit by many faint lights in the sky. No, it wasn't the sky, it was a ceiling... What was this place ?

Ah right... The demonic lands. How nostalgic...

Hmm ? There was battle ahead... Humans ? What were humans doing in there ? What...

But even more strange... A human army was fighting an army of demons... and humans. Demons and Humans fighting together against Humans ? And this coat of arms... you saw it recently.

In the Ruined Castle of Valern.
(...)
Another place. A gigantic purple crystal resting in a magenta pool in the depths of earth. You knew what it was.

"Nexus". "The Heart of Hell". "The Demon's Stone"... The source of... power of... demons ?

A lone human stood before the crystal, leaving in his wake hundreds -or maybe thousands- of demons corpses.

"Hero". You fell a terrible sense of dread when this word appeared in your mind. Humans having transcended all the others, holding a power beyond common sense. In a way, they felt closer to monsters than humans...

The crystal shattered in a bright explosion of energy, and everything faded to black.
(...)

You emerged from these sudden visions. Confused and the heart beating extremely fast.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:50:17 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 10, 2016, 05:19:04 pm »

-reserved-

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 10, 2016, 06:43:59 pm »

Back off a little, wait until he either tries to escape or attack, or faints from blood loss.

If he tries to escape, follow him, if he attacks attempt to dodge and if he faints, suck his blood.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 10, 2016, 06:48:29 pm »

... damnit.

Squelchy rushes to the aid of the panicking slime.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 10, 2016, 07:07:09 pm »

"..."

Ulkas held clawed hand before his eyes, looking at it absent-mindedly. The visions he saw were those of the past, that is assured. Yet... Whose past it was? Valern Coat of arms, Hero, Nexus... He saw it as clearly as his hand right now. Too detailed and complex to be fantasies. Memories. His own memories. Or, maybe, the memories he has stolen from another mind? Memories implanted into his mind?

Taking a moment to observe surroundings, Ulkas continued pondering on this problem. Firstly, as he was an imp at the moment of regaining sense of self, it was improbable that he either stolen or received those memories... Maybe, as a random messenger? Interesting opportunity, which explained much... Yet left him strangely unsatisfied. As if he wanted those memories to belong his own mind. Heh.

"So... Let's presume those memories were mine. Overseeing the battle was a strange one. I probably should concentrate on it more to relieve it and point out my own place in demonic ranks. And Hero... How could I - or another being from which I possibly got this memory - survived the assault? How could one human be so powerful as to stand against the strongest demons and secure absolute victory?"

Noticing he said the last part loud, Ulkas signed. For the first time in ages, he did not have an answer ready. Any answer. Those memories were from another life. Life he has completely forgotten... If he would be alone, he'd tap into them right now, trying to decipher the past. Yet he was Astrosa only guardian now... He couldn't be so careless. Still, the temptation was great.

Make Astrosa more comfortable. Then, while remaining vigilant, try to remember battle with humans in more detail. Position of an observer, ranks and notable figures from both sides.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:10:31 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 10, 2016, 07:17:47 pm »

Fire a few more pieces at weak spots to do the same thing. As much internal damage as possible, preferably to important looking structures like nerves as they work their way further in. The lone piece should try to get to the heart or brain, or other vital organs, and devour them.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:12:48 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 10, 2016, 07:54:05 pm »

continue observing the demons if nothing interesting happens or I am seen flee going in a roundabout route to avoid leading them to the pack
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 11, 2016, 02:07:02 am »

We Can kill that Mindless, Mon-eyed Man!
Encourage Osuro
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: September 11, 2016, 09:04:33 am »

If I can strengthen the device's output with my blood, try that.

If I can't, I'll get away from the unstable gap and explore this place by myself. There's probably an exit somewhere inside, right? Right?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 11, 2016, 09:29:22 am »

Keep going north and search for a safe place to rest
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 12, 2016, 03:07:06 am »

Turn 70.04

Nox the Vampire Bat
Back off a little, wait until he either tries to escape or attack, or faints from blood loss.

If he tries to escape, follow him, if he attacks attempt to dodge and if he faints, suck his blood.

Crowshifter: [4] [6]
In an impressive display of willpower, the Crowshifter managed to retain his consciousness.
He flew away as fast as he could, but over-estimated his own stamina.

Only flying a few meters away, he collapsed and fell on the ground, barely moving. His body felt too heavy to stand up, and he attempted to crawl away.

Enemy :
-Crowshifter Severe Volume of Blood drained / Limbs heavy vision blurred / On the ground

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy the Polyslime
... damnit.

Squelchy rushes to the aid of the panicking slime.

You rushed toward the direction of the pheromones, hopping on roots and rocks as fast as you could. Would you make it in time ? Predatorous slimes made their job very fast, you had to hurry.

[4] Thankfully you made it. An apple green slime with many tentacles was cornered by three ink-black mass of ooze with menacing tendrils expanding on the ground toward the slime.

An assessment of the situation made you understand that alone, you couldn't take them on. You knew their caustic ooze was far stronger than the usual fruit and humus eating slime. And they were of course more resilient than the usual slime.

The following options first appeared in your mind :
- Go all in and hope for success
- Save the slime and flee
- Call for help and stall for time

Enemies :
- 3 Caustic Omniphages

Ally :
- 1 light green tentacled slime

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
"..."

Ulkas held clawed hand before his eyes, looking at it absent-mindedly. The visions he saw were those of the past, that is assured. Yet... Whose past it was? Valern Coat of arms, Hero, Nexus... He saw it as clearly as his hand right now. Too detailed and complex to be fantasies. Memories. His own memories. Or, maybe, the memories he has stolen from another mind? Memories implanted into his mind?

Taking a moment to observe surroundings, Ulkas continued pondering on this problem. Firstly, as he was an imp at the moment of regaining sense of self, it was improbable that he either stolen or received those memories... Maybe, as a random messenger? Interesting opportunity, which explained much... Yet left him strangely unsatisfied. As if he wanted those memories to belong his own mind. Heh.

"So... Let's presume those memories were mine. Overseeing the battle was a strange one. I probably should concentrate on it more to relieve it and point out my own place in demonic ranks. And Hero... How could I - or another being from which I possibly got this memory - survived the assault? How could one human be so powerful as to stand against the strongest demons and secure absolute victory?"

Noticing he said the last part loud, Ulkas signed. For the first time in ages, he did not have an answer ready. Any answer. Those memories were from another life. Life he has completely forgotten... If he would be alone, he'd tap into them right now, trying to decipher the past. Yet he was Astrosa only guardian now... He couldn't be so careless. Still, the temptation was great.

Make Astrosa more comfortable. Then, while remaining vigilant, try to remember battle with humans in more detail. Position of an observer, ranks and notable figures from both sides.

You moved Astrosa on a bed of soft leaves, and still watchful, you reflected on the vivid vision you just had.

[2] Despite its vividness, details were pretty blurry and the battle itself was incredibly messy. There were figures standing beside the "you" who oversaw the battlefield from a distance. All of them stood behind you, except one. Tall, imposing, you felt a strange warmth in your heart focusing on this figure.

Explosions of magical energy detonated on both sides of the army. Humans fought Demons and Humans. But it remained so blurry... How frustrating.

Expansive Mind: [2]
Despite focusing as much as you could on it, no answer appeared in your mind. The mysteries remained as veiled as ever.

Valern... Did Dovarus and the Sentinel knew something ? You thought of the Mad King and the Cursed Crown. Of the hate toward the gods... In a way, you felt something linked the whole, but you couldn't see those links.

Time passed, and you didn't made progress. +6MP Astrosa seemed to recover quickly, and she soon recovered her pristine external appearance.

And she awoke in an unusually calm manner. Opening her eyes and staring into space, she said :
"I had a dream Ulkas. A vivid dream of another life."

There was a strange glint in her eyes, showcasing an emotion you never saw before in her. You couldn't tell what was that emotion either. Her voice was collected, almost in a resigned tone :
"A dream filled with nonsense and nostalgia. It felt so wrong, but from the deepest of my soul I knew it was true... I knew you in this other life, I was stronger in this other life. But above all I remembered that..."

She sighed a long, liberating sigh :
"Malderuine... is my brother."

This single sentence fell like a heavy sword of Damocles.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger
Fire a few more pieces at weak spots to do the same thing. As much internal damage as possible, preferably to important looking structures like nerves as they work their way further in. The lone piece should try to get to the heart or brain, or other vital organs, and devour them.

Keeping your distance, you fired four more of your pieces at the Scorpion.

[5] A perfect shot ! Your parts landed straight in the scorpions eyes, blinding it. They promptly began to devour its eyes, further progressing inside its huge body. -4 HP

Scorpion: [2]
Kokaun: [3]
Barag: [6]
Brown: [3]
Parts: [2, 1, 2, 6, 4]

Blinded, the scorpion let out a shriek and only managed to pulverize a nearby dune, creating a rain of falling sand.
Kokaun empowered himself using a tatoo spell, and unleashed a claw-shaped wave of energy at the scorpion. The attack managed to make a cut in the chitin.
Barag dodged the raging scorpion that came charging at him blindly, but a jet of caustic blood sprayed on his side. He screamed as clothes and flesh melted alike.
Brown positioned himself to protect you.

You lost contact with three of your parts that landed in the eyes. Apart from devouring the eyes, they didn't make much more progress.
The last part in the eye made a lot of progress, but attempted to digest too much too fast. It is unable to digest anymore for the time being.

The part that managed to resist the acid dug further in, devouring some nerves of its left side in the process. A leg stopped moving, disturbing its balance.

Enemy :
- Gigantic Sand Scorpion "Bronzeking Scorpion" Spots digested / Vision Lost / 1 Left leg paralyzed / Chitin dented

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Side melting
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounded

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
continue observing the demons if nothing interesting happens or I am seen flee going in a roundabout route to avoid leading them to the pack

You continued observing the demons.
[2] You couldn't see exactly what was doing the peculiar demon, but he seemed to have an important business. The demons quickly overpowered the tree beings, and they eventually all fell to their attacks.

As such, you left, making sure to take another route just in case.

[1] Taking another route ended up being a terrible idea. You just fell face first with another group of demons.
One of them said :
"Would you see that ? We are always looking for steeds for our troops ! Let's get him guys !"

Enemies :
-Three demons
> Massive arms
> Flying, small body and long claws
> Wingless, bones spike sticking out from articulations

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
We Can kill that Mindless, Mon-eyed Man!
Encourage Osuro

Osuro's eyeless sockets brightened, and he said :
"I won't disappoint you Master !"

Osuro: [5]
Ghost: [4]
Cyclops: [2]
Probably boosted by your words, Osuro charged at the Cyclops with renewed strength, despite his injuries. And as the Ghost distracted the Cyclops, Osuro jumped on the giant's back and struck his axe downward in his opponent's neck.

The Cyclops vainly attempted to make the Skeleton falls before it was too late, and the worn blade lodged half way in its neck.

With a gargle, the humanoid monster fell to the ground, blood gushing out from the back of its neck. Essence began to fly away, attracted by the nearest monster : Osuro. (basically asking you if you share the spoils or not)

The Ghost will vanish in around a hour.

[A note on necromancy and corpse rising :
- Corpse rising manipulates the unlife energy of a corpse to control it like a puppet. It has no will on its own, and will return to corpse state once the spell ends or is broken.

- Undead rising is different. It requires stabilizing the Unlife energy of a corpse and joining a Soul or part of Soul to this corpse. The undead created will be able to move and act independently, with varying degree of intelligence depending on the strength of its Soul. Controlling an Undead monster will cost mana. An uncontrolled Undead could backfire on you, so beware...]

Enemy :
-Cyclops : Deceased

Allies :
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro Injured
> Worn battle axe
-Mindless Ghost

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
If I can strengthen the device's output with my blood, try that.

If I can't, I'll get away from the unstable gap and explore this place by myself. There's probably an exit somewhere inside, right? Right?

(I forgot to point out you lost 10MP last turn)

It was all or nothing.

[2] Biting your finger to make yourself bleed, you attempted one more time to empower the device. -1HP

But before you could pour more mana into it, the gap violently closed, pushing you back with brutal force. You slammed on the tall doors of the structure, but didn't suffer any major injury thankfully.
-4HP

Once the barrier closed off, the scenery outside of the building changed. Where once stood your companions, there was now only a white fog. The barrier was fully visible, and looked like a blue web carved with magical symbols. You couldn't hear them anymore...

Spoiler: Outside (click to show/hide)

This was bad. Where had they gone ? The barrier was solid and unmoving, so you were trapped in there. After thinking a little, you concluded exploring was the best option. You could only wait for Vanare to recover her strength to re attempt to break the barrier, so it wouldn't be now. You hoped it wouldn't be too long before she could pull off another spell.

You pushed the heavy doors of the structure. The loud opening sound resonated in the wide and tall hall you just entered into.

Spiraling pillars of blue cobalt color held the magically lit ceiling.
On it was pictured a magnificent picture of many creatures of monstrous origins in various scenes.
A statue stood in a pond right in the middle of the hall. Carved by a master sculptor in marble, it represented monsters and some humans holding scrolls and books. They seemed like scholars.

[5] This fascinating place... wasn't foreign. You knew its name... the Levemite Library. You could also read the strange words carved on the walls. Some were insignificant, others were names of unknown persons... until you read on a slab your name.

"Caedan". Your full name. [What is your full name ? I will invent one if you don't feel like choosing one.]

"Benefactors of the Levemite Library, without whom this edifice of knowledge could have never been accomplished.
May these paragons of erudition be remembered through ages and time.
"

You began remembering the layout of the place. Especially, there was a place dedicated to the historical archives...

Truth. The truth about yourself was so close.

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
Keep going north and search for a safe place to rest

You headed northward, weak and tired. You felt your life waning away, slowly. This wound was no joke, you had to do something about it.
-1 HP

[6] You found some ruined structures, probably what was once a human village. It was the only place that seemed remotely safe, so you went there, having no other choice.

You found refuge in a ruined temple dedicated to some human deity, and prepared to rest... when you heard a monstrous voice :
"Ah ! Who are you ?!"

A Minotaur emerged from the shadow of a pillar.

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 146