Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294922 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1635 on: September 01, 2016, 04:27:52 pm »

"I'm in no hurry, so why not? Besides, it's been a long while since the last time I drank tea."

Teatime. Find out what this 'ruin-related task' is. And ask how song magic works, out of curiosity.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 01, 2016, 04:50:51 pm »

((Its been way too long Overall Since the Last time you updated, so Could I "Retire" and Create a new Character?))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 01, 2016, 04:55:15 pm »

((Its been way too long Overall Since the Last time you updated, so Could I "Retire" and Create a new Character?))
Of course ! :)

It will follow the "death rule", your accumulated essence will be halved.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 01, 2016, 05:25:59 pm »

((And Where would that put me? because I have no clue how much essence that is.))
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 01, 2016, 05:27:39 pm »

To 5, according to your sheet. Which means you will start Stage 1 with 3/5.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 01, 2016, 05:31:08 pm »

((I have close to no time now for, presumably, eternity, but I have updated Docs with new characters and moved two - Snehk and Zoomoch - into (presumably) dead category. They both "retired" in a fight, after all.

Can't say if I'll be able to finish the original goal I created the Doc for (character stories), but man can hope...))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:45:05 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 01, 2016, 05:43:17 pm »

((I have close to no time now for, presumably, eternity, but I have updated Docs with new characters and moved two - Snehk and Zoomoch - into (presumably) dead category. They both "retired" in a fight, after all.

Can't say if I'll be able to finish the original goal I created the Doc for (character stories), but man can hope...))
((Don't worry, finishing the doc is far from a priority. What you did was already great enough :D
Man can hope and dream, one day maybe !))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 01, 2016, 05:59:13 pm »

“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 01, 2016, 06:23:04 pm »

((You only decreased one stat. Also, you start at stage 1, giving you an additional stat point. Unless you counted that in already. You also have to specify whether you want your HP or MP to increase.))

((The phylactery seems a bit iffy to me. It pretty much makes you immortal if no one knows how to kill you properly. If it were me, I'd replace it with some other trait. Or a attack magic skill.))

((On Mana Draw - If memory serves right, everyone regenerates mana without a skill. So you could simply write something like 'Gorra passively draws ambient mana from the environment, improving the rate at which he recovers magical force.' or something like that. Nakeen would balance it himself. Or herself. I actually don't know.))

((Feel free to ignore all of this though. Also, the way you randomly capitalize words gave me an urge to edit your whole sheet into a less irksome form, but I managed to control myself.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 01, 2016, 06:29:03 pm »

Do you think this is any better?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:32:07 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 01, 2016, 06:30:27 pm »

((You only decreased one stat. Also, you start at stage 1, giving you an additional stat point. Unless you counted that in already. You also have to specify whether you want your HP or MP to increase.))

((The phylactery seems a bit iffy to me. It pretty much makes you immortal if no one knows how to kill you properly. If it were me, I'd replace it with some other trait. Or a attack magic skill.))

((On Mana Draw - If memory serves right, everyone regenerates mana without a skill. So you could simply write something like 'Gorra passively draws ambient mana from the environment, improving the rate at which he recovers magical force.' or something like that. Nakeen would balance it himself. Or herself. I actually don't know.))

((Feel free to ignore all of this though. Also, the way you randomly capitalize words gave me an urge to edit your whole sheet into a less irksome form, but I managed to control myself.))
You are spot on about everything Hawk132, especially about the Magic Draw. I don't like giving raw numbers to traits/skills, it kind of limit me and break some of the immersion.

Apart from the HP/MP (15/12 in whichever order) boosts missing, everything is fine.

Also, it's a he, although it was funny to keep it secret.

edit:
Do you think this is any better?
Yes better !

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 01, 2016, 06:33:14 pm »

A slight correction to meaning made.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 01, 2016, 06:36:06 pm »

Sub-Turn 69.07

Roeway the Hell Wolf
Roeway

Kill the spider I'm in position to kill. Then if possible go save my friend. Blood for the Blood God

Thanks to your advantageous situation, the weaver doesn't have time to react.
Roeway: [3]
In true Hell Wolf fashion, you execute the spider with a strong twisting bite at the cephalothorax. Your attack isn't as strong as it would be if you weren't so weakened, but it is enough to completely incapacitate your opponent.

Your fangs plunge in the hard chitin, and with a twisting motion you partially snap the creature's head. Some hemolymph gushes out from the wound, as the Weaver falls unconscious, slowly dying.

Roeway: [2]
Wrapfur: [1]
You end up being too slow to follow up immediately by helping the other wolves.
The tangled Wrapfur panics, and strangles himself with the strong webs. He is starting to suffocate.

Weaver#2: [3]
Iverpack: [4]
Relentless, the Weaver eventually manages to fatally wound Gaverstep : with a precise bite, its fangs penetrate the skull and reach the brain.
Iverpack, not giving up, bite the arachnid's soft thorax's underside. The creature shivers from the pain and hemolymph loss, clearly affected.

Poison rolls :
Gaverstep: [4]
Wrapfur: [5]
The two poisoned wolves manage to resist the poison effects, thanks to a good immunity.
Though in Gaverstep's case, resisting the poison won't save her.

Enemies:
-Invisible Cave Weavers [2]
Weaver#1: Fatally Wounded (cephalothorax) / 3 left legs and 1 right leg lost /Dying Slowly
Weaver#2: Thorax Underside Badly Wounded

Allies:
-Hell Wolves Pack : 3 (Iverpack, Gaverstep and Wrapfur)
>Iverpack (M): Freed / Wounded
>Gaverstep (F): Unconscious / Fatally Wounded (brain) / Poisoned / Unconscious
>Wrapfur (M): Very Badly Wounded / Poisoned / Tangled / Suffocating

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas nodded in agreement, then proceeded to sum up gathered information up:

"Interesting... Judging by their appearance, reactions and your observation, they might be local mages, assigned to guard this village or members of some kind of monastic order, tapping into psychic powers along with physical ones. I'm quite confident that we can surprise them at this moment, but not so sure about finishing the battle with one strike. Shall we attack when they gather and come closer, or wait a bit for better chance while studying them? Hm... I'm more for the first variant, but it might be risky..."

He spent a few moments pondering before coming to decision:

"Alright, be ready to strike at the first notice. I'll probe them once more when they get closer - use the following confusion for your advantage. But if my control fails again - wait, we might gather some information about their abilities."

Ambush monk-mages by controlling one of the two newer arrivals and commanding him to backstab. Let Astrosa handle others in the following confusion. If control fails and mages recognize the danger - hold attack to see their reaction. If they are obvious/delusional about my attack - try for the third time.

"Understood." your companion says, in a disturbingly obedient tone.

Mind Control: -4 MP
[3] You target one of the two approaching humans. Once more, probing in a human's mind sneakily, this time more carefully.
It felt as walking along a twisted road covered by fog, with many traps lying hidden. A rush of excitement came to you as you realized brute mind-alteration would surely give you off, or even harm you...

Eventually, you managed to insert an impulse screaming "backstab" in the old man. A partial success, as you were not manipulating the old man directly, this option didn't give you full control, but was more than enough to generate confusion.

(...)

The old man you manipulated could be differentiated from the other from his bald head.
His companion on the opposite bore long white hairs tied in a braid, and a nice thick mustache.

Bald old man: [1]
Suddenly the bald man lunged at his friend, intending to put him down and administrate him a strong beating. You heard a furious scream coming from him as he threw a powerful punch toward the face of his friend.
But in an incredible mix of luck and reflexes, the punch barely missed the braided man, who unconsciously stepped sideway. Then because of the momentum, the bald man fell and rolled on the dirt ground.

You heard a strange sound of disappointment coming from Astrosa, something along the lines of "Eeeh".

Braided old man: [2]
Strawhat old man: [3]
The braided old man was visibly confused by the sudden attitude of his friend, and attempted to reason him to no avail.
The isolated elder on the other hand, felt something was off but decided to focus on his friends, running toward them to help them.

Bald old man: [4]
Braided old man: [3]
Getting up, the bald elder unleashed a flurry of powerful blows at his opponent. But having not recovered from his fall, he didn't manage to land a proper strike on the braided elder, who showed an impressive defense. Judging from the exchange, they knew martial arts, and knew them well.

At this moment, Astrosa decided to come out and strike the elder with a hat.

Astrosa: [3]
Bolting out of her hiding spot, she flew toward the man, forming a crimson lance. With the accumulated momentum, she thrusted with all her might toward the torso of her target.

He didn't see the attack coming, and the crimson lance pierced him from back to front.

Surprisingly though, only a small portion of the lance managed to penetrate, not the effect you would expect from stabbing a man made of flesh.

Blood gushed out, and the man screamed in pain and rage.

Enemies :
-Bald elder: Berserk
-Braided elder: okay
-Hat elder: "Critically Wounded"

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"I'm in no hurry, so why not? Besides, it's been a long while since the last time I drank tea."

Teatime. Find out what this 'ruin-related task' is. And ask how song magic works, out of curiosity.

She invited you to seat in her living room, on a nice set of wooden furniture. You complied and waited, until she brought cups and a lightly steaming porcelain teapot.

[3] You drank the clear brown beverage. A sweet flowery fragrance, sliding on the tongue perfectly, with the faint bitterness sharpening your palate.
"Not bad, but not incredible either. Not as good as fresh blood in the morning" you thought to yourself. It made you wonder what kind of drink you had in the manor of your memories.

Firande and Ramas also drank, but their faces were clearly showing some delight. They thanked Vanare and just enjoyed some due rest in their stressful lives.

She then took a seat and a cup, sipped a bit of tea and she began speaking with you.
"It's an actually pretty simple task. You are a mage aren't you ? A blood mage moreover, it's a rare specialization nowadays with elemental magic being all the rage. It so happens that I need a fellow mage to open some path in a ruin I found recently. Aaand, it also so happens that some knowledge I found was related to blood, so maybe you could enlighten me."

She took another sip and hummed satisfied. You then asked about song-magic, and she happily obliged :
"Not surprising you wouldn't know about song-magic, it's a rather unconventional magic after all. But it is also very simple, you know how arcane magic use magic formulae to cast some spells ? Well, Song Magic is a step above.

When one pronounce a magic formulae by focusing its mana, a result occurs. More complex vocal spells will require you to adjust the mana level at different words, which is why complex spells can take time.

In Song Magic, the voice is used to control the mana current. What is attractive in Sung Spells is that the way they are casted feel natural. Furthermore, Sung Spell are cast faster and can be stronger than a normal spell if the voice is synchronized well enough."

She then chuckles and finishes with :
"The main drawback is that if you are silenced or have a sore throat, you are completely useless.

Enough talking about me, what about you mister amnesiac ? Why did your memories brought you here ? And could you tell me a bit about blood magic ?"
[GM: don't be scared of creating a system if you feel like it, depending on circumstances it could be canonized !]

Allies :
-Vanaremalia, short Vanare. Songstress.

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich (Newcomer)

You wake up in a large dark room.

Your head feels foggy, do you remember everything from before ? Or did you lost your memory ?

There are four entrances, one for each cardinal direction, and each with stairs leading upward.
The room is filled with decrepit furniture.

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin (Newcomer)
Please put me in the waitlist

Name: (unnamed, there arent many in existence and most are primitive)
Species: Ettin
Appearance: A two-headed giant, its heads tends to start arguing with himself a lot
Attributes:
HP 10
MP 10
STR 2
CON 0
POW 0
RES 0
INT -2
IND 0

Traits : Giant strength: Can wield or carry almost anything as a weapon

Skills : Charge: Sprints against his opponent and uses his weight as a weapon, tackling it (uses STR instead of POW, high damage but will hurt himself)

Preys have become scarce in the mountains you live in. For that reason, you decided to seek sustenance in lands unknown to you.

Right now, you are on the border of a cliff, gazing further ahead.
You see an immense wasteland, some small woods of charcoal-black trees and hills further in the horizon.
Behind you is the treacherous mountain you lived in, home to many monsters.

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:56:26 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 01, 2016, 06:36:29 pm »

Turn 69.07 Annex:

Spoiler: Roeway the Hell Wolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gorra the Lich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Unnamed Ettin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:16:48 am by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 01, 2016, 06:50:31 pm »

Ah screw it; I just can't stay away, but Durst just wasn't working for me.

Name: Squelchy
Species: Slime
Appearance: Green amorphous organism
Are you a green slime? (Oh. Just realized my idea wasn't original.)
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP 10
MP 10
STR 1 -Strength : increase physical damage-
CON 1 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
POW 0 -Power : increase special/magical damage-
RES 0 -Resistance : increase special/magical resilience-
INT -1 -Intelligence : increase your ability to submit others to your will-
IND -1 -Individuality : increase your ability to resist to others will-
note : attributes are just some kind of "indicative" property, their are no specific formulas or calculation behind them. (yet?)

Traits : Reformative: Slimes naturally slowly regenerate HP whilst in sunlight, or in a hot enough environment.

Skills : Pounce: The slime flings itself into the air and lands upon its opponent.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 146