Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294991 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #1485 on: June 04, 2016, 12:45:36 pm »

(humans seem to be really lucky when it comes to battles. I hate it.)
(Come to think of it, only Snehk's humans got curbstomped. :/)
((I mean... what about those around when Squishy died? They got nommed as well.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 04, 2016, 12:47:42 pm »

((I mean... what about those around when Squishy died? They got nommed as well.))
((Aaah, forgot them. Ugh, sorry Dikaios Knights, you will be missed.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: June 04, 2016, 01:14:01 pm »

(true, but that was not a battle. I am talking group vs group engagements. On the same note before squishy died they had a omnicidal megabeast break out, and the knights and such SLAUGHTERED the monsters trying to escape.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 04, 2016, 01:38:15 pm »

(true, but that was not a battle. I am talking group vs group engagements. On the same note before squishy died they had a omnicidal megabeast break out, and the knights and such SLAUGHTERED the monsters trying to escape.)
((Humans are obviously weaker than monsters 1 vs 1 or in small group combat. I can safely bet that Knights would be a piece of tasty essence if met alone by stage 3. Yet, in big groups, humans work really well. When it comes to army actions, they can and will get their shit together. On other hand, monsters normally can't  gather in great numbers without something going wrong.

I have a feeling that we will meet Unit-0 sometime later. When it destroys an army or two.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 06, 2016, 12:27:58 pm »

(Not an update, but just saying I added the google doc link in the OP !)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 07, 2016, 09:06:18 am »

((I have a feeling that we will meet Unit-0 sometime later. When it destroys an army or two.))
((I hope that someone will meet the Armor at some point. Especially after it burns down a town or two.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1491 on: June 08, 2016, 01:19:35 am »

I do not like where this battle is going because of the fact that you are not in any condition to fight properly. This means that you can surrender here or you can continue fighting, it is your choice

Offer the golem a chance to surrender
If the answer is negative or the armored golem attacks, Use the taser on it

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 08, 2016, 02:46:45 am »

Sub-Turn 68.08: Question to all, what is your gender if you have one ? [Better late than never haha]

Gray the Metalslinger and Glint the True Arcanivore
"You two wanted to ally with humans, right? This looks like a second chance to me."

Grey looks human-ish, right? Ask him to approach and attempt contact with the humans. Assuming he agrees, stand by and mesmerize anyone who starts getting rowdy.
((But I want all of them! I was already thinking of an Elemental Body trait, was gonna name it like Sunsteel Body or Cold Iron Body or something depending on the elements I got, but with that I could do Prismetal Body. If I could only choose two, I guess I'd stick with Shadow/Light, since those seem unique somewhat. Maybe Twilight Mythril. I could be like Yin and Yang. But my associated skill would be easy, just adding on effects or properties/abilities to the bullets Gray shoots. Or I could go with Earth to make another skill that relies on STR instead of POW. Was gonna go with Adamantine body if I chose Earth.))

"Zzz...huh? More humans? Oh, a human and monster? Maybe this one will be easier since they seem to be getting along. And maybe his monster buddy could translate. I feel like the humans from earlier didn't quite understand us."

Go greet the human/monster pair. Call out to them as I approach.

"Hi human, and monster I don't know! I'm Gray. I'm friendly. Can we please not fight? Maybe we could even be friends! You want to join us at the oasis over there? They won't eat you, I promise."
Spoiler: Hello Strangers ! (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Hell Wolf
Greet the Hell Wolves and hope they are recruiting rather then hunting
Spoiler: Hello Fellows ! (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas glanced once more on the tree, tapped it in farewell gesture and flew back to Astrosa:

"Well, sort of. This tree is a cocoon with spirit inside it, tapping into power of the nodus. It might be possible for non-spiritual beings to use similar method to do this, yet it would be a lengthy process, which betrays the means in our case... All in all, those nodi are currently useless to us. Spirits have yet to gain notable strength, and powers of nodi can only serve to quickly regenerete magical reserves. Let us depart."

Fly elsewhere, since spiritual hills have some interesting information, but close to no ways to power.
Spoiler: Goodbye Tree ! (click to show/hide)

Snehk the Unseen
Find some place to recover.

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"I've no idea how to prove that. It's simply the most likely explanation. There's also the possibility that there are some humans that can absorb essence, but I've never heard of such a thing occuring."

Let them rest for a bit. Once they feel better, we continue west. Search the bandits first. Maybe they have something interesting on them (like a map).

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
(humans seem to be really lucky when it comes to battles. I hate it.)
Snatching up garm while he is still semi submissive, I prepare to use my adrenaline rush to escape with my new captive, and once again attempt to absorb any essence nearby.
Spoiler: Bad Streak of Rolls (click to show/hide)

Durst the Rock Seer
Durst pats the little mole again and utters words of kindness, hope, and cooperation with humans.
Spoiler: Mole is crazy (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Fear Lord
Dahak just kinda... Stares at the thing. I mean, lots of weird things have been happening for a while now, but... Really? Giant transparent thing RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD FOR NO REASON?

As much as Dahak would love to use Nihil's "head" as a battering ram against this thing, he feels too lazy to do it. The thing isn't doing anything special, either, its just... There, being huge and annoying.

I didn't think I'd ever exist long enough to have a snorlax moment.

Dahak wonders what a snorlax might me. Whatever it is, it sounds very annoying.

I had enough of huge walls of strange semi transparent substance for a lifetime, thanks

Change course. Once you're far enough, try to throw a cabbage at the damn transparent thing.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
Now I think I'll float upwards for a bit and sleep away from everything else.
Spoiler: Hello demons ? (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
I do not like where this battle is going because of the fact that you are not in any condition to fight properly. This means that you can surrender here or you can continue fighting, it is your choice

Offer the golem a chance to surrender
If the answer is negative or the armored golem attacks, Use the taser on it

Spoiler: A taser goes two ways (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 08, 2016, 04:34:20 am »

(I want to call bs on those perfect rolls for the humans. I even took out their leader and they shredded everything! The chances that my side would get mostly negative rolls and the enemy gets positive are very slim. I mean seriously, 6 bad rolls in a single turn, what the actual hell?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 08, 2016, 04:44:18 am »

(I want to call bs on those perfect rolls for the humans. I even took out their leader and they shredded everything! The chances that my side would get mostly negative rolls and the enemy gets positive are very slim. I mean seriously, 6 bad rolls in a single turn, what the actual hell?)
(To be fair I'm calling bullshit too, the rolls were incredibly uneven. But I go by the policy "roll with it", if rolls happen I take them and interpret them. So you should really be prepared to die or end up captured depending on the next turn rolls :/)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:10 am »

"This is not the end! I Will have vengeance!"
Stormslayer would drop Garm, and take a quick blow at their head to try and knock them out before he throws himself into combat with the remainder of the human army, knowing that even though he is outmatched that he will not let the sacrifice of the sylvarians go to waste. He would eliminate the fortress, even if it meant meeting his end as well. Once again, he would try to absorb any essence that is released during combat. He would be especially watchful of the remaining mages.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 08, 2016, 06:46:56 am »

((Humans may pose a great obstacle in a way of advancing Neodemonium armies. If demons roll even remotedly as badly as Sylvarians did, Ulkas and Astrosa may need to resurrect Malderuine before killing him (once again).

I had a sad laugh over Ako and Fica fate rolls. At very least, they died together, leading their brethren to the bitter end.

As for gender question... Do you really need to ask? :P ))

"Interesting. Initially, I thought that power level directly correlates with the essence absorbed, yet it seems untrue in case of spirits. You're right, we'll get nothing from them. Let's move onwards. We'll find something more suitable for our taste soon, I am sure."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:57:19 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 08, 2016, 06:53:47 am »

I Silently float downwards somewhat and try to sleep, hoping they don't spot me...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 08, 2016, 07:23:21 am »

Unlife grasp at the man.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 08, 2016, 07:33:44 am »

((I am a male minor deity of furniture integrity))

I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD ACTUALY HIT HIM WHAT THE HELL

Dahak realizes he probably shouldn't have taunted his own luck, it didn't go well in the past.

ITS HIS FAULT FOR BEING IN THE WAY ANYWAY. STEP ON IT, FARMGIRL

Dahak decides its time to bail out. He screams at the giant as they move away, trying to apologize.

LOOK I DIDN'T WANT TO HIT YOU, AND MAYBE IF YOU ATE MORE CABBAGE YOU WOULD BE ALIVE INSTEAD OF A BIG SPIRIT JERK RIGHT NOW

GET AWAY. Hopefuly the cart mule is feeling inspired.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 146