Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295159 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #1380 on: May 23, 2016, 03:53:03 pm »

Durst attempts to calm the monsters, and tend to the wounds of the weakened or dying moles.

Durst begins speaking in mole-tongue.

"Now why did this all happen, you silly, cute animals?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 23, 2016, 04:01:50 pm »

"I helped you <input mind eater's name here> but now I must be off...
I say before looking for somewhere high to rest.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 23, 2016, 04:08:46 pm »

((How many more crystals do I need to eat to guarantee an extra skill or trait?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 23, 2016, 04:15:11 pm »

Ulkas bit his own tongue in mild surprise, finally understanding the graveness of their ultimate task. Defeating a mighty Demon Lord alone could be said to be nearly impossible, yet defeating one of the most powerful generals of the current Demon King, fully supported by his legions (as demons always revered strength that far surpassed their own)... It was outright suicidal. Of course, he could think of a several tactics to use in such situation, yet he doubted that any would work, as they either required defeating Malderuine in direct confrontation, backstabbing him after being in service for some time, or inciting full-scale rebellion...

Still, no one could be said to be unbeatable. There should be a key even for such monster as Malderuine. It just was very, very difficult to see from their current place in power hierarchy of this world.

"I see it now... You said you could not perceive any weakness in Malderuine. Then, we should choose a method that bypasses his powers altogether. An artifact of terrible power. A ritualistic curse made by circle of masters. A spell that ignores or uses his defenses against him... The worst part is that Neodemonium may be waging war on surface world the very moment we speak. This is an unfortunate situation for us, yet we may be able to use it to our advantage. In the war, Demonic Lords would use collected weak essences to empower their troops, growing in power through fools that challenge them and other means. But this could not last long. Either Neodemonium armies would suffer a defeat somewhere, or several Lords gather too much power... They will descend onto each other with time. Depending on persona of Demon King, this problem could be resolved in several ways. Yet the chaos would undoubtedly ensue, allowing us an opportunity to strike."

"Before this moment, however, we must gather as much power in our hands as possible, be it essence, artifacts, allies or - most important - knowledge. As of now, we're poorly prepared for the revenge, knowing only basic things about Neodemonium and this world. We may also want to continue massacring weak humans and other numerous sentient races, allowing them to prepare somewhat against inevitable Neodemonium assault. This would win us some time and cost Neodemonium. Ahm... Sorry, Astrosa, I got a bit carried off. You wanted to add something?"

((Basically, Nakéen, you gave me and Astrosa a quest to save the surface world and destroy Neodemonic society, to stand on top of the Infernal Realms uncontested. Even with positive predictions, this could take us from two to three real years (considering the game pace doesn't change radically). Uh... I applaud your optimism?  :P))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:17:54 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 23, 2016, 04:30:08 pm »

((Basically, Nakéen, you gave me and Astrosa a quest to save the surface world and destroy Neodemonic society, to stand on top of the Infernal Realms uncontested. Even with positive predictions, this could take us from two to three real years (considering the game pace doesn't change radically). Uh... I applaud your optimism?  :P))
((You are not the only one with a possible very long storyline. See Dustan Hache's Stormslayer, who protect a royal larva. I am envisaging a possible timeskip at one point in the future. Not sure when, but one will come one day.))

edit: Also, telling the story of the "Neodemonium" was great fun.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 23, 2016, 04:45:23 pm »

((>:v must devise plan for stealthy travel))

Dahak is surprisingly pleased both Delinde and Nihil are healed for reasons that fly right over his big cracked skull. He commemorates this by throwing Nihil off his shoulders and slowly lowering Delinde to the ground.

Well now, thats all fine and dandy, but be more careful when picking your targets >:v, that thing nearly trashed us. But I guess it was my time to accidentaly summon a super smoky thing of doom that could've eaten you alive, so we're even. Even if I had to babysit your headless chicken of a snotbrain boyfriend over here.

Dahak ponders to himself. Alas, it seems as if he's the only one of the group that is actualy hurt now. What the hell, they oughta carry him, and not the other way around!

Then he glances at them and realizes this isn't exactly feasible. Despite her combat abilities, Delinde looks like one of those noble girls that have never seen a glint of manual labor in their life. Similary, Nihil looks about as physically capable as a drunk anemic hobo.

After thinking for a bit, he remembers something. The cart!

COME WITH ME YOU TWO.

Approaching the cart, Dahak inspects it for a bit, then gets in the back and tries to cover himself with the produce. He's not exactly very well hidden, but a pile of produce with large bits of wraith cloth poking out is less suspicious then a giant skeleton.

Ok, here's the plan: Delinde, pretend to be some farmgirl who's taking the produce to your dad's farm. Nihil here can pretend to be your brother or something. If anyone asks, just say he has a really weird skin disease.

They're not entirely convinced Dahak is serious.
He is.
Dead serious.

Become one with the vegetables. Have Delinde drive the cart along the road, towards anywhere that IS NOT HERE
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
« Reply #1386 on: May 23, 2016, 05:51:11 pm »

I wonder why it is protecting that passage despite of the fact that the humans no long live in this place?

Talky talk
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:01:31 am by Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 23, 2016, 08:33:22 pm »

Durst swaps the focus of his speaking to Hermotal. He initially speaks to Hermotal in mole-tongue, but quickly swaps back to human.

"Talented professor, you are a self-proclaimed monstrologist. Can you heal these suffering animals? They are a family.

If you do it not for the sake of research, do it for me; I've already seen too many innocent monsters die in the last day, let alone a lifetime.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 24, 2016, 12:54:34 am »

((How many more crystals do I need to eat to guarantee an extra skill or trait?))
((Not a lot, you already absorbed extremely concentrated energy crystals. Around three more would be enough.))

PLAN
Best plan ever

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 24, 2016, 01:04:21 am »

Rest until my other half gets back. Put three crystals aside for myself, then give the rest to Glint and Brown. Then remerge and eat the crystsls I set aside.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 24, 2016, 01:57:50 am »

Roeway streches out his stiff limb then continues on a journey to a (hopefully) safer surface
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:13 am »

Turn 68:
NIGHT -Midnight-

Durst the Rock Seer
Durst attempts to calm the monsters, and tend to the wounds of the weakened or dying moles.

Durst begins speaking in mole-tongue.

"Now why did this all happen, you silly, cute animals?"
Durst swaps the focus of his speaking to Hermotal. He initially speaks to Hermotal in mole-tongue, but quickly swaps back to human.

"Talented professor, you are a self-proclaimed monstrologist. Can you heal these suffering animals? They are a family.

If you do it not for the sake of research, do it for me; I've already seen too many innocent monsters die in the last day, let alone a lifetime.
"

Snehk the Unseen
Get up and continue fighting.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
~Soul Wars~
Struggling to get back up, he uses mirage storm to create a few "allies" and hopefully draw some fire off him and the Sylvarians. He then continues moving for the fortress as soon as he is back up,going for the watchtower.
Spoiler: War is Hell (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"I won't stop you from coming. And having you two lovebirds around should bring me much amusement. But remember, out in the wide world, death lurks behind every corner. Prepare yourself."

Westwards!
Spoiler: To the West ! (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
"I helped you <input mind eater's name here> but now I must be off...
I say before looking for somewhere high to rest.
Spoiler: I must leave (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas bit his own tongue in mild surprise, finally understanding the graveness of their ultimate task. Defeating a mighty Demon Lord alone could be said to be nearly impossible, yet defeating one of the most powerful generals of the current Demon King, fully supported by his legions (as demons always revered strength that far surpassed their own)... It was outright suicidal. Of course, he could think of a several tactics to use in such situation, yet he doubted that any would work, as they either required defeating Malderuine in direct confrontation, backstabbing him after being in service for some time, or inciting full-scale rebellion...

Still, no one could be said to be unbeatable. There should be a key even for such monster as Malderuine. It just was very, very difficult to see from their current place in power hierarchy of this world.

"I see it now... You said you could not perceive any weakness in Malderuine. Then, we should choose a method that bypasses his powers altogether. An artifact of terrible power. A ritualistic curse made by circle of masters. A spell that ignores or uses his defenses against him... The worst part is that Neodemonium may be waging war on surface world the very moment we speak. This is an unfortunate situation for us, yet we may be able to use it to our advantage. In the war, Demonic Lords would use collected weak essences to empower their troops, growing in power through fools that challenge them and other means. But this could not last long. Either Neodemonium armies would suffer a defeat somewhere, or several Lords gather too much power... They will descend onto each other with time. Depending on persona of Demon King, this problem could be resolved in several ways. Yet the chaos would undoubtedly ensue, allowing us an opportunity to strike."

"Before this moment, however, we must gather as much power in our hands as possible, be it essence, artifacts, allies or - most important - knowledge. As of now, we're poorly prepared for the revenge, knowing only basic things about Neodemonium and this world. We may also want to continue massacring weak humans and other numerous sentient races, allowing them to prepare somewhat against inevitable Neodemonium assault. This would win us some time and cost Neodemonium. Ahm... Sorry, Astrosa, I got a bit carried off. You wanted to add something?"

Spoiler: Astrosa's "Crime" (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Fear Lord

Dahak is surprisingly pleased both Delinde and Nihil are healed for reasons that fly right over his big cracked skull. He commemorates this by throwing Nihil off his shoulders and slowly lowering Delinde to the ground.

Well now, thats all fine and dandy, but be more careful when picking your targets >:v, that thing nearly trashed us. But I guess it was my time to accidentaly summon a super smoky thing of doom that could've eaten you alive, so we're even. Even if I had to babysit your headless chicken of a snotbrain boyfriend over here.

Dahak ponders to himself. Alas, it seems as if he's the only one of the group that is actualy hurt now. What the hell, they oughta carry him, and not the other way around!

Then he glances at them and realizes this isn't exactly feasible. Despite her combat abilities, Delinde looks like one of those noble girls that have never seen a glint of manual labor in their life. Similary, Nihil looks about as physically capable as a drunk anemic hobo.

After thinking for a bit, he remembers something. The cart!

COME WITH ME YOU TWO.

Approaching the cart, Dahak inspects it for a bit, then gets in the back and tries to cover himself with the produce. He's not exactly very well hidden, but a pile of produce with large bits of wraith cloth poking out is less suspicious then a giant skeleton.

Ok, here's the plan: Delinde, pretend to be some farmgirl who's taking the produce to your dad's farm. Nihil here can pretend to be your brother or something. If anyone asks, just say he has a really weird skin disease.

They're not entirely convinced Dahak is serious.
He is.
Dead serious.

Become one with the vegetables. Have Delinde drive the cart along the road, towards anywhere that IS NOT HERE
Spoiler: The Greatest Plan (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
I wonder why it is protecting that passage despite of the fact that the humans no long live in this place

Talky talk
Spoiler: Chit Chat (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger and Glint the True Arcanivore
Rest until my other half gets back. Put three crystals aside for myself, then give the rest to Glint and Brown. Then remerge and eat the crystsls I set aside.
Spoiler: Dangerous Meal (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Hell Wolf
Roeway streches out his stiff limb then continues on a journey to a (hopefully) safer surface
Spoiler: Runtrip to the Surface (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:36:54 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:42 am »

Turn 68 annex
Monsters :

Spoiler: Dahak the Fear Lord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Unseen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roeway the Hell Wolf (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:37:30 am by Nakéen »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 25, 2016, 05:49:29 am »

Transform, use new skills to fight off undead.

Spoiler:  Transformation sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:27:26 am by Dark One »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 25, 2016, 05:50:30 am »

Ulkas chuckled at her reaction before nodding:

"Yes, let's continue."

Fly, search, gain power.

((Demons compete to outcraze one another, war is brewing in human lands... And Gray has worst sort of luck, involuntary trying to kill his companions.

Also, we have a pretty decent chance to meet Dahak or Caedan/Snehk (bit unsure of the latter two). All stage 3. Hehehe...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 146