Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295332 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [12/12]
« Reply #1230 on: May 03, 2016, 05:26:27 pm »

((depends on how you look at my abilitys, I can float in place even when asleep and my desintagrate beam can technckly be fired off until I'm out off mana...))
[sorry if my spelling is bad, Im writing this on an Xboxone.]
((Yes of course, but it will require you to fire. Sleep. Fire. Sleep. Repeat until you make a breach. And depending on the rolls, there could be a large layer of rock/ground before the surface. Worse, if you actually are under a mountain...))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 04, 2016, 01:22:27 am »

Ulkas grinned darkly at the development, racking his brain once more, trying to find the most profitable way out of this situation. Astrosa held herself quite well throughout conversation, so it was slightly unexpected, if not predictable end... He silently put mental notes on Astrosa beliefs and dwindling patience.

Now, on Fenia. Seems like great power complimented by contact with weak humans spoiled her, as she was viewing two of them with arrogance befitting a demonic lord even before last confrontation. Humans... Seems like these weak-willed, easy to kill creatures were at the root of most problems monstrous races encountered in their life. He did not hate them for that, no. Instead, he sensed a sense of deep despise towards those without strength of the soul... Words resonated and he smiled, remembering Astrosa saying that. All while suppressing an immediate urge to murder Priestess for going against his...partner? Or...

Ahem. Lack of patience and blood-proven beliefs against arrogance coupled with ignorance - he told Fenia about situation in the world and, in her place, he would not provoke such 'guests' without a very good reason... Which posed a different problem. What if Crimson Priestess tries to lure them into a trap? Her initial showing to Astrosa, that sent her into berserk rage, her wording this whole time and, of course, her not so subtle poking at their weak points seem very suspicious.

Temple should give her power, yet there is no power that could not be sidestepped, evaded or smashed with force. Winning this fight should also give them access to the spirit-rich grounds, which would be a great boon for him and possibly for Astrosa too. Damn, what a temptation...

"Heh. Fenia, do you have no sense of tact, infuriating her so? This might end..."

He grinned a malicious smile, all while stealthily connecting to the body mind of Fenia, ready to strike at moments notice.

"...bloody."

Subtly use body control on Fenia, trying to feel if the connection succeeds before acting. Make her gouge her own eyes out. And go for the kill.

If control seems unsuccessful, analyze the ongoing confrontation before deciding on a best course of action - either rush melee with paralyzing claws and fear aura, take to the air while creating a couple of my own illusions, or retreat, following Astrosa.

In any case, absorb mana from Fenia spells, weakening them.

((Killing important NPC since time immemorial... Sorry, Nakéen, this felt like a right thing to do, after all. Wish me good luck!))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:38:30 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:32 am »

((Killing important NPC since time immemorial... Sorry, Nakéen, this felt like a right thing to do, after all. Wish me good luck!))
((May you be damned you...you demon ! D:
Eager to write the turn and see what the Dice decides, mwahaha.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 04, 2016, 01:46:03 am »

Have my split parts attack any bandits they can while we retreat.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 04, 2016, 01:46:19 am »

- Greetings! I seem to be lost in the woods, escaping from monsters. Which way to nearest village?

Act like a lost wanderer.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 04, 2016, 11:45:42 am »

"Then let us not delay. The sooner we have a plan of action, the sooner we can drive these invaders from your lands."
Go with Ako and speak to Fica.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 05, 2016, 10:04:25 pm »

((Began writing the next turn, currently two players turn done.
Expect the whole deal tomorrow, unless I somehow find the will to type-rush the turn :P))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 07, 2016, 04:17:54 am »

Turn 66
DAY -Noon-

Durst the Rock Seer
"Many of my kind, and other monsters, originate in that crater.

It was called....

.... ummm....

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't quite remember the name.
"

T946 the Security Bot
Take the shot at the scorpion with the crossbow
Spoiler: Bullseye (click to show/hide)

Gray the Metalslinger and Glint the True Arcanivore
Well... If I can't aura them, make like a dragon and use my elemental breath. Start Devouring them as soon as they get into range, though.
Have my split parts attack any bandits they can while we retreat.
Spoiler: Breath of destruction (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"You could say that I am a traveler, yes. Though it appears that you still do not understand what I am. Very well then, allow me to tell you. I am what you people call a Monster. A vampire, to be precise. Now that I've sated your curiosity, come and help me pull this sword out. Actually, wait for a moment."

Get that blade out of me (Try removing it by turning into mist first. Should that fail, get Ramas to help me) and get moving away from these ruins. We can rest more once we're further away.
Spoiler: Blood Inheritor (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Fear Lord
Well, uh, hm... Thats fine, I guess.

Delinde seems happy that Dahak has helped. Dahak tries to pretend this all went just as planned as he covertly sticks the dagger back on its scabbard. Its been such a long time since he has used it last, though, he feels he hasn't used it as much as he could have. Maybe its time to think on alternative uses for it, like garlic peeling.

He turns to Delinde, a bit disappointed.

I guess this is fine and all, but is this all we've come to do? Stab fat ghosts to death, eh, life, undeath, thing? I mean, if it helps you, I'm ok with it, its just that lately I've been having these weird flashes of images in my mind... Sometimes they show me things that make zero sense, but other times I get to see slutsweird succubus-y women stabbing armored people alongside some emaciated demon thing, huge beetles trying to wear human armor, vampires getting manhandled by a rather suspiciously familiar knight thing, a weird critter talking to bears, a beholder sleeping on its tongue...

Dahak scratches his skull for a moment. Nothing about these visions seem in any way less absurd then the other visions he's been having, when he thinks about it.

NYEH, I just have this feeling that there's a whole ton of things going on in the world right now, and don't even get me started on the fact that A ENTIRE DIMENSION OF VERY UNCOUT SNOT-LIKE THINGS IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER OUR WORLD.
But I'm cool with this, I have a feeling this ghostbusting business has a purpose to it, so get to finding more ghost dweebs.

I can't really complain either, since you haven't ACCIDENTALY RELEASED A FOG JERK ON ME this time. At least you seem to be more in control of your powers, and you seem generally stronger too! You're still far more useful then snotbrain over there.

Dahak then looks back at the cart. Nihil is still calmly sitting on it, observing the vegetables and the surroundings, looking like the most picturesque otherwordly horror the world has ever seen. Dahak is convinced he didn't quite miss the mark when he called Nihil "snotbrain".

Continue following Delinde
Spoiler: The Target (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
Now to see about blasting a hole back to the serface...
Spoiler: The Digger (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas grinned darkly at the development, racking his brain once more, trying to find the most profitable way out of this situation. Astrosa held herself quite well throughout conversation, so it was slightly unexpected, if not predictable end... He silently put mental notes on Astrosa beliefs and dwindling patience.

Now, on Fenia. Seems like great power complimented by contact with weak humans spoiled her, as she was viewing two of them with arrogance befitting a demonic lord even before last confrontation. Humans... Seems like these weak-willed, easy to kill creatures were at the root of most problems monstrous races encountered in their life. He did not hate them for that, no. Instead, he sensed a sense of deep despise towards those without strength of the soul... Words resonated and he smiled, remembering Astrosa saying that. All while suppressing an immediate urge to murder Priestess for going against his...partner? Or...

Ahem. Lack of patience and blood-proven beliefs against arrogance coupled with ignorance - he told Fenia about situation in the world and, in her place, he would not provoke such 'guests' without a very good reason... Which posed a different problem. What if Crimson Priestess tries to lure them into a trap? Her initial showing to Astrosa, that sent her into berserk rage, her wording this whole time and, of course, her not so subtle poking at their weak points seem very suspicious.

Temple should give her power, yet there is no power that could not be sidestepped, evaded or smashed with force. Winning this fight should also give them access to the spirit-rich grounds, which would be a great boon for him and possibly for Astrosa too. Damn, what a temptation...

"Heh. Fenia, do you have no sense of tact, infuriating her so? This might end..."

He grinned a malicious smile, all while stealthily connecting to the body mind of Fenia, ready to strike at moments notice.

"...bloody."

Subtly use body control on Fenia, trying to feel if the connection succeeds before acting. Make her gouge her own eyes out. And go for the kill.

If control seems unsuccessful, analyze the ongoing confrontation before deciding on a best course of action - either rush melee with paralyzing claws and fear aura, take to the air while creating a couple of my own illusions, or retreat, following Astrosa.

In any case, absorb mana from Fenia spells, weakening them.

Spoiler: Backstabbing (click to show/hide)

Snehk the Unseen
- Greetings! I seem to be lost in the woods, escaping from monsters. Which way to nearest village?

Act like a lost wanderer.
Spoiler: Failed a spot check (click to show/hide)

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
"Then let us not delay. The sooner we have a plan of action, the sooner we can drive these invaders from your lands."
Go with Ako and speak to Fica.
Spoiler: Fica, genius Sylvarian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:47:07 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 07, 2016, 04:18:22 am »

Turn 66 annex
Monsters :

Spoiler: Dahak the Fear Lord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Unseen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 06:31:15 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 07, 2016, 04:36:46 am »

((In one word, epic. A truly rewarded wait. Oh, and congrats, Nakéen, on rolling 5/6 practically non-stop. I think this turn might be the most successful for the players ever.

Now, I need to think of a plan to save my berserking companion before she melts and transforms into something horrible. I'm not sure her basic instincts ("KILL! EAT! SURVIVE!") won't activate with me as a valid target. BUT! It's reasonable to think that essence from Fenia would heal her enough to get reason back.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:38:17 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 07, 2016, 06:54:57 am »

"The minds of our kin act as a relay to help convey orders from our queen or from the leader of the party to one another. We can inspire a weaker version of this mental trait into creatures we have control over, though the further from an aradian the message goes, the more fragmented it will become. It is why the hives have overseers in areas worked by our captives."
He seems curious about the bow, though he remains silent after explaining the mental link.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 07, 2016, 09:41:10 am »

I Might as well take a quick look around while I'm here besides I can always get back to digging whenever I finish looking.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 07, 2016, 10:10:52 am »

- I'm... not even sure myself. I think that I've been called Snehk before... Surrounding area seems very unfamiliar to me. Where am I?

Feign amnesia.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 07, 2016, 11:50:24 am »

"You've piqued my interest. You're a living proof that coexistence between humans and monsters was and is a possibility."

Try to probe my memories for any places related to vampires. Preferably one that isn't overly far away. I kinda want to remember my past now. And Ramas will get to learn of his heritage. It's a win-win.

Rest for now. Answer any questions Ramas might have about vampires in general. Then begin testing out what vampiric abilities Ramas possesses, if any. If he has vampiric abilities, help him master them. In other words, give Ramas a training montage.

((Woo, my first companion. Well, one that isn't part of me. Also, looks like Caedan is going to drift towards neutrality now. Dammit, Ramas. You're ruining my plans.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 07, 2016, 12:09:17 pm »

((Note: I totally had no clue how to justify Ramas strange transformation. I just had the idea last night haha.
Also, sneakily throwing possible future relevant plot information for Caedan...))
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 146