Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295125 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [12/12]
« Reply #1185 on: May 03, 2016, 05:19:21 am »

- Thank you my friend. It was good to meet you again. Before I bid farewell, can you tell me which way can I go to Sylvarians and which to battlefield?

Ask for directions.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 03, 2016, 05:22:53 am »

((It might happen so that player gets consumed by RL, effectively freezing him in the past, and even if everyone plays each turn, +/-12 hours could happen (Previous Night - This Day - Next Night).

Also, when you said 'main update', you meant that you'll do some sub-turns if time allows it?))
((Yes, I will have more free time soon, so I would like to make use of it to make more sub-turns.
The main goal is to prevent battles from taking too much turns. And also to allow more freedom when conversing with NPCs, as of now because of the fact speaking take a whole turn, dialogue is limited.

Good point about time-locked players. I honestly didn't think about it. But it should be fine as long as a player doesn't miss 10 or more turns. And worse case scenario, we can do a flashback turn for him if he was in the middle of an action, followed by a larger timeskip like with Dustan Hache's Stormslayer))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 03, 2016, 05:25:22 am »

Sub-turn 65.01 :
- Thank you my friend. It was good to meet you again. Before I bid farewell, can you tell me which way can I go to Sylvarians and which to battlefield?

Ask for directions.
"Sylvarians live a bit further north of my domain. The battlefield is north-west, near the forest outskirt. There were also some skirmishes in the forest, but I don't know where exactly."

Turn 65
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:27:12 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 03, 2016, 05:28:54 am »

((going to bed. See you tomorrow !))
« Reply #1189 on: May 03, 2016, 05:40:37 am »

Shoot a -Paralyzing Bolt- at the holes in the Armour of the scorpion from the legs being taken off

((I got 2 questions))
((1. Why did I not lose mana despite the fact that I have used a mana using attack (Low powered taser)?))
((2. Why did I not restore some of my hp despite the fact that I have a trait that restores hp every turn?))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 03, 2016, 05:55:43 am »

Durst approaches the humans, palms out and speaking in their tongue.

"Greetings, wise ones. I am a friend of nature and a friend of humanity.

Who are you?
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 03, 2016, 05:57:18 am »

Ulkas tapped his chin, thinking for a bit about the situation back at the mountains. Sure, he fled them first moment he could, yet his experienced mind let him easily deduce which course evolution took in the demonic society.

"Are you aware of the recent events of the world? Many monstrous species began to rapidly evolve and demons were among them. As you might know, demon realm has a strict hierarchy of power, and those events brought chaos, strife, infighting, cannibalism and much more heinous acts..."

Ulkas paused, glancing at Astrosa.

"As I came to my senses for the first time, I was immediately captivated by a vast, interesting world that lied beneath the mountains, thus avoiding a very possible death. My companion... Prefers not to talk much about her past, but you have seen her subconscious reaction to your power. Please, excuse her, she was not in full control of herself that time."

He signed heavily, contemplating situation in the world before coming to a few conclusions:

"This whole world enters the Age of Strife. And those without power to hold against its tidal waves, would be scattered on the wind, their souls destroyed and bodies consumed. Thus this quest for power I spoke about before. We must become stronger for various reasons, yet survival is top amongst them."

"All this said, I still haven't heard your name, and now you know much more about us than we - about you. I'd also be grateful if you would describe this place to us, as we've never seen something like that in our travels."

((Whew. Let the s wordplay begin! Priestess, en garde!))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:06:50 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 03, 2016, 06:05:50 am »

- Goodbye Darakion! I'm sure we'll meet again in the future!

Look for battlefields, find something to devour on the way.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 03, 2016, 07:09:29 am »

((Looks like I don't have to create a new character (who is a blind samurai dullahan) just yet.))

Regroup with the former human whose name I really should finally ask for. Take utmost care to remain unseen by the Armor. Once we get a fair distance away from the ruined village, take some time to rest.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 03, 2016, 07:20:34 am »

Plink a few humans with Metal Barrage as we retreat, hard shots. If any get embedded in the bandits, Engulf and devour them from within, preferably starting with any vital bits, and absorb the essence. Try to ride on Glint's back if I can, but stick near Brown.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 03, 2016, 07:38:25 am »

"You misunderstand my reasoning. We are not going for stealth. The humans use their second skins for protection, and even if it does not fit well, it can protect us too. We will use their strange devices against them, along with our own powers. Do you understand now?"
Simply put, Stormslayer tries to make them wear armor to protect themselves better, not to disguise them. He would also begin thinking of a way to make use of his new puppet.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:06:01 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 03, 2016, 08:19:47 am »

Up Up and outta here I go!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 03, 2016, 09:31:38 am »

NNNNGGHHH

I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO GET RID OF THIS CORRUPTION BUSINESS

Dahak would raise an eyebrow if he had one. What does Delinde mean "it should distract it enough for me to land a strong blow"? What the hell does she think you just did? You just tore a chunk out of the damn thing with a huge claw for pantokrator's sake! Who does that jailbait think she is?

But then she offers him the finishing blow. Eh, thats ok I guess, but how exactly does one finish off a ghost? You're not exactly sure if you can just step on its head or something.

You would use your aura again, but you decide its too strong of an attack to just use it carelessly like that. You resolve to dust off your holy dagger, since you haven't used it in a while.

During this moment, Dahak's mind flashes with a strange alien vision.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, time to smoochshank a ghost

Dahak draws his dagger from his makeshift scabbard. Its a bit awkward holding it, now that his hands are much larger. What was once normal sized dagger now looks more like a fruit knife from his perspective.

Stab the ghost to...Death? Life? Undeath?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:49:15 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 03, 2016, 12:21:05 pm »

((I got 2 questions))
((1. Why did I not lose mana despite the fact that I have used a mana using attack (Low powered taser)?))
((2. Why did I not restore some of my hp despite the fact that I have a trait that restores hp every turn?))
((1. Wild interpretation from my part. I imagined your taser as a conductor projectile that discharged energy/mana coming from your "battery". As your projectile bounced off, I didn't make it cost mana.
2. I don't initiate HP recovery during battle, except special case or strong trait/skills. I want HP to feel somewhat hard to recover))
Tell me if any of the above bother you.

((Looks like I don't have to create a new character (who is a blind samurai dullahan) just yet.))
((Blind samurai dullahan. Haha.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 03, 2016, 02:05:33 pm »

Sub-turn 65.02

Gray the Metalslinger and Glint the True Arcanivore
"That went south much more quickly than I anticipated."

Get as many allies as I can onto my back, then fly out of melee range. Overload mesmerizing and get the humans to start attacking each other instead of us. While that's going on, get slightly farther away from the Scar and assess how many humans there are.
Plink a few humans with Metal Barrage as we retreat, hard shots. If any get embedded in the bandits, Engulf and devour them from within, preferably starting with any vital bits, and absorb the essence. Try to ride on Glint's back if I can, but stick near Brown.
Spoiler: Making a run for it (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
Shoot a -Paralyzing Bolt- at the holes in the Armour of the scorpion from the legs being taken off

Spoiler: An Opening (click to show/hide)

Durst the Rock Seer
Durst approaches the humans, palms out and speaking in their tongue.

"Greetings, wise ones. I am a friend of nature and a friend of humanity.

Who are you?
"
Spoiler: Crazy Wacky Hobo (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas tapped his chin, thinking for a bit about the situation back at the mountains. Sure, he fled them first moment he could, yet his experienced mind let him easily deduce which course evolution took in the demonic society.

"Are you aware of the recent events of the world? Many monstrous species began to rapidly evolve and demons were among them. As you might know, demon realm has a strict hierarchy of power, and those events brought chaos, strife, infighting, cannibalism and much more heinous acts..."

Ulkas paused, glancing at Astrosa.

"As I came to my senses for the first time, I was immediately captivated by a vast, interesting world that lied beneath the mountains, thus avoiding a very possible death. My companion... Prefers not to talk much about her past, but you have seen her subconscious reaction to your power. Please, excuse her, she was not in full control of herself that time."

He signed heavily, contemplating situation in the world before coming to a few conclusions:

"This whole world enters the Age of Strife. And those without power to hold against its tidal waves, would be scattered on the wind, their souls destroyed and bodies consumed. Thus this quest for power I spoke about before. We must become stronger for various reasons, yet survival is top amongst them."

"All this said, I still haven't heard your name, and now you know much more about us than we - about you. I'd also be grateful if you would describe this place to us, as we've never seen something like that in our travels."

((Whew. Let the s wordplay begin! Priestess, en garde!))
Spoiler: Fenia (click to show/hide)

Snehk the Unseen
- Goodbye Darakion! I'm sure we'll meet again in the future!

Look for battlefields, find something to devour on the way.
Spoiler: Wandering (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler

Regroup with the former human whose name I really should finally ask for. Take utmost care to remain unseen by the Armor. Once we get a fair distance away from the ruined village, take some time to rest.
Spoiler: Safe and Sound (click to show/hide)

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
"You misunderstand my reasoning. We are not going for stealth. The humans use their second skins for protection, and even if it does not fit well, it can protect us too. We will use their strange devices against them, along with our own powers. Do you understand now?"
Simply put, Stormslayer tries to make them wear armor to protect themselves better, not to disguise them. He would also begin thinking of a way to make use of his new puppet.

Spoiler: Ako comeback (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
Up Up and outta here I go!
Spoiler: A howl (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Fear Lord
NNNNGGHHH

I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO GET RID OF THIS CORRUPTION BUSINESS

Dahak would raise an eyebrow if he had one. What does Delinde mean "it should distract it enough for me to land a strong blow"? What the hell does she think you just did? You just tore a chunk out of the damn thing with a huge claw for pantokrator's sake! Who does that jailbait think she is?

But then she offers him the finishing blow. Eh, thats ok I guess, but how exactly does one finish off a ghost? You're not exactly sure if you can just step on its head or something.

You would use your aura again, but you decide its too strong of an attack to just use it carelessly like that. You resolve to dust off your holy dagger, since you haven't used it in a while.

During this moment, Dahak's mind flashes with a strange alien vision.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, time to smoochshank a ghost

Dahak draws his dagger from his makeshift scabbard. Its a bit awkward holding it, now that his hands are much larger. What was once normal sized dagger now looks more like a fruit knife from his perspective.

Stab the ghost to...Death? Life? Undeath?

Turn 65

Spoiler: For next Turn Annex: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:27:12 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 146