Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295126 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [12/12]
« Reply #1170 on: May 01, 2016, 03:45:08 am »

"Get her out of there and run!"

Use the rest of my mana on more spikes. This time - don't bother hitting the Armor, just make it hard or impossible for it to attack. Retreat afterwards.
By the way, couldn't you form one big-ass spike with this skill instead of many smaller ones ?
((Maybe? But considering how my luck works during bad situations, I'd rather not try it right now. Staying alive is a priority.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 01, 2016, 03:50:29 am »

((Maybe? But considering how my luck works during bad situations, I'd rather not try it right now. Staying alive is a priority.))
((Yes, you are right. I hope you won't die, I got some plans for Caedan.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 01, 2016, 03:54:44 am »

((Yes, you are right. I hope you won't die, I got some plans for Caedan.))
((I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
« Reply #1173 on: May 01, 2016, 05:00:04 am »

Taser the giant desert scorpion

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 01, 2016, 06:56:32 am »

"Then our targets are known. Gather together all of the captives. Remove their second skins, and wear them if you can. They may be uncomfortable, but it will aid us. Gather their tools and weapons as well. Leave this one untouched, I have plans for him."
He would continue wiping the otherwise rebellious soldier into a humble servant of him and the Sylvarians. He would need to ensure the loyalty of his key soldier before he attempted his plan.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 01, 2016, 06:59:35 am »

(You stole my witty moss joke!

Curses!)

Durst weeps for his lost companion, and slowly makes his way towards the smoke.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 01, 2016, 08:53:15 am »

"That went south much more quickly than I anticipated."

Get as many allies as I can onto my back, then fly out of melee range. Overload mesmerizing and get the humans to start attacking each other instead of us. While that's going on, get slightly farther away from the Scar and assess how many humans there are.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 01, 2016, 09:40:33 am »

While Dahak is sure Delinde can handle it, it would be shameful to stay on the cart. Not only because he's completely capable of helping, but because the sight of a huge skeleton thing sitting on a vegetable cart pulled by a single mule is kind of an awkward sight. Plus he's kind of bored.

Awwwwright, I wanna stretch my new bones.

Dahak jumps out of the cart, putting his feet on the ground with a loud thud. After walking a few steps foward, he looks back at the cart. The sight of Nihil sitting on the vegetable cart is almost picturesque, one a particulary morbid artist would love to paint. "Suspicious black jelly man farmer" it would be called.

Uh, keep watch over the cart, try to eat some veggies or something.

Dahak walks towards the spectral being. Iits rather big, but hey, you're pretty big now too. You hope Delinde doesn't mind you test your new powers on it.
Actualy, you didn't have much opportunity to test your feral aura before, so why not now?

Use your Feral Otherwordly Aura on the ghost thing.

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 01, 2016, 11:20:08 am »

Now to blow a hole in the roof of this firey hell hole before Fluffy can kill me!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 03, 2016, 04:21:19 am »

Small update to turn proceeding and how day/night time goes. Read below :)

Turn 65:
DAY -Early Morning-

The sun is rising.
The scarce clouds turns orange under daybreak.
This is morning.

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"Get her out of there and run!"

Use the rest of my mana on more spikes. This time - don't bother hitting the Armor, just make it hard or impossible for it to attack. Retreat afterwards.
Spoiler: Strategic Retreat (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas faltered for a moment. Even with his sharp mind, it was difficult to proceed the sudden change that turned the whole situation upside-down. Using all his mental power, he tried to understand it while the equilibrium of power stood.

Temple. Active? Yes, it did not look abandoned. Living figure? Priestess? Most possible. Why to retreat? Invitation? Courtesy of welcoming travelers to the Temple? Eyes of the Mighty. Sudden madness. Was there some outside intervention? Probably not. Astrosa has great defenses against it... But not against her own psyche. Aha... Priestess. Strange looks. Some religion, tied to spirits of the dead? Arms hidden - monstrous origin? Seems like that.

Ulkas signed, exhausted by intense thinking process. So, if his guess is right (above 60%), Astrosa finally, for the first time, met her perfect match. Which immediately activated her thirst for power and revenge against Lords of the East. Considering the probable power of this "perfect match", this would be really bad news. If Astrosa couldn't calm in moments, they would have to battle inside enemy territory, in the very middle of magical net, against a very powerful opponent!

He tried his best to intone the important parts of the speech for his companion as to affect Astosa or at very least, stall confrontation a bit:

"Ahm... We would be demons, traveling on the quest of power. Mine name is Ulkas and hers - Astrosa. Seems like your power affected her reason somewhat, as she constantly looks for the strong opponents... Astrosa... We're inside the Temple, you know?"
Spoiler: Voice of Reason (click to show/hide)

Snehk the Unseen
- I haven't. As soon as I left your lair, I was was spotted by travelling humans and had to retreat to forest, where I was attacked by two adventurers. After defeating them I came to conclusion that I must change my appearance, transform into a more human-alike form. I moved on, looking for more opponents so I could take their power. By a riverside I met a black bear with strange rune-like marking on it's body. I attacked him. After a while of battle I was seriously wounded and the bear fallen into river. I helped him get out of this, and talked for a while. His name was Bargar, he was quite surprised that first I attacked and then helped him. Looking for a safe spot to rest, I got into his lair! He appeared there with his cousin, Barak. After short conversation, we decided to hunt for stronger monsters together. Shortly after we left the lair, we met a strange monster that exploded upon death. Bargar was knocked out by explosion, and with Barak we took him back to lair. But we were followed, I tried to hide the lair with illusion, but it didn't fooled monsters and they attacked us, talking about law of the hunt. Four quadrupedal monsters, with gray or brown fur, maw full of sharp teeth and three tails. I killed their leader and tried to chase them when they escaped, but one of them managed to kill Barak. I left mourning Bargar, as he wanted to be alone with his dead cousin. And so I am back...

Could you tell me more about these bears and monsters that attacked us? I also need to know where I can get some better clothes than this bloodied cloak, as heading into human territory in it is not a wisest idea.

Tell Darakion what happened since I left, ask additional questions.
Spoiler: Information gathering (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
Taser the giant desert scorpion
Spoiler: NPC battle (click to show/hide)

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
"Then our targets are known. Gather together all of the captives. Remove their second skins, and wear them if you can. They may be uncomfortable, but it will aid us. Gather their tools and weapons as well. Leave this one untouched, I have plans for him."
He would continue wiping the otherwise rebellious soldier into a humble servant of him and the Sylvarians. He would need to ensure the loyalty of his key soldier before he attempted his plan.
Spoiler: Disbelief (click to show/hide)

Durst the Rock Seer
(You stole my witty moss joke!

Curses!)

Durst weeps for his lost companion, and slowly makes his way towards the smoke.
Spoiler: I saw something moving (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Fear Lord
While Dahak is sure Delinde can handle it, it would be shameful to stay on the cart. Not only because he's completely capable of helping, but because the sight of a huge skeleton thing sitting on a vegetable cart pulled by a single mule is kind of an awkward sight. Plus he's kind of bored.

Awwwwright, I wanna stretch my new bones.

Dahak jumps out of the cart, putting his feet on the ground with a loud thud. After walking a few steps foward, he looks back at the cart. The sight of Nihil sitting on the vegetable cart is almost picturesque, one a particulary morbid artist would love to paint. "Suspicious black jelly man farmer" it would be called.

Uh, keep watch over the cart, try to eat some veggies or something.

Dahak walks towards the spectral being. Iits rather big, but hey, you're pretty big now too. You hope Delinde doesn't mind you test your new powers on it.
Actualy, you didn't have much opportunity to test your feral aura before, so why not now?

Use your Feral Otherwordly Aura on the ghost thing.

Spoiler: A touch of Death (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
Now to blow a hole in the roof of this firey hell hole before Fluffy can kill me!
Spoiler: Always wear a helmet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:02:08 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 03, 2016, 04:21:57 am »

Turn 65 annex
Monsters :

Spoiler: Dahak the Fear Lord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Unseen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:00:19 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 03, 2016, 04:24:34 am »

I decided to properly indicate what time of the day it is.

Furthermore, each main turn will add around 6 hours to the counter. If you are doing immediate actions, you will stay in your previous time, and your time will be updated when you will do a "timeskip" action (generally traveling or resting).

Also, I will increase the number of sub-turns/sub-actions for more dynamism !

EDIT: Also, I'm waiting for Gray action before doing Glint's. Sorry :/

EDIT2: Poor ZoomochScoomtarto feels like such a butt monkey. I don't know why, but I always imagine him comically hurting himself accidentally.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:31:17 am by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 03, 2016, 04:51:00 am »

((You've forgot to add bracket in Ashbloom entry, and Coptic got "consumed". Also, how about moving Ashen into retirement until Salsacookies resurfaces? It was more than ten turns since he went missing.

You may want to add which day/night it is, it'll help somewhat.

I'm really glad Astrosa came to her senses, it would be a bloodbath otherwise.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:35 am »

((You've forgot to add bracket in Ashbloom entry, and Coptic got "consumed". Also, how about moving Ashen into retirement until Salsacookies resurfaces? It was more than ten turns since he went missing.

You may want to add which day/night it is, it'll help somewhat.

I'm really glad Astrosa came to her senses, it would be a bloodbath otherwise.))
((Oops, thanks for pointing that out.

If it helps for clarity, okay. But I thought having the "main time" at the beginning of the turn would be clear enough.

I'm glad Astrosa came to her senses too. It would have been a bloodbath on both sides, and it would have screwed my scripted event. I don't need two scripted events down damnit ! :P))

EDIT: Also, next main update coming Thursday at best. Going to get busy until Wednesday.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:03:06 am by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 03, 2016, 05:16:34 am »

((It might happen so that player gets consumed by RL, effectively freezing him in the past, and even if everyone plays each turn, +/-12 hours could happen (Previous Night - This Day - Next Night).

Also, when you said 'main update', you meant that you'll do some sub-turns if time allows it?))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 146