Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295384 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #975 on: March 24, 2016, 04:35:22 am »

Turn 52 : Everyone

The Ashen the Charred Wraith
Tine to rest and recover. Uncoil myself from the leg, and dig myself into the earth. Time to regain some HP.
Spoiler: Spiritfest continue (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
I Float up towards the celing while attempting to TK the inside of it's mouth and drag it around by it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton and Caedan the Nosferatu
((egads, wat do))

Not only does Dahak feels left out from the conversation, he also feels kinda incapable of affecting the current turn of events. He also wonders about the suspicious cloud of mist hovering in the air not too far from them. I mean, what? Its not even cloudy here, and yet there it is, being all misty and shit.

Uh, guys, the thing is eating the knights while you two share your heartfelt eldritch consolations, also... What :v? You mean Nihil wasn't linked to me at all? What was that whole creepy ~Dahaaaaaak~ deal earlier? Does that mean there's a another, possibly way creepier and more stalker-ish thing that reached out to me during the ritual?

A chill rises up on Dahak's spine as the thought crosses his mind. He decides to not dwell on it for too long.

You know what? Whatever, even with the whole "NANANANAN DELINDE IS MY SOUL ANCHOR NANANANA" stuff, its not like I was going to let you rejoin that thing anyway. Its already a problem being a mindless carnivore blob of snot, it would be a bigger problem if it was a SENTIENT carnivore blob of snot... Wait, you did say you're resonating with it somehow, right?

Dahah feels his inquisitive wizard mind propel him towards a possible experiment. He grabs Nihil by whatever arm analogue he formed out of the gooey mess he used to be, and pulls him close to his face.

Alright, resonance sometimes goes both ways. If that thing can affect you, so can you affect it, probably. So lets do a little experiment.

By the way, sorry for this, you two, this isn't going to be nice.

Dahak removes his two pairs of sunglasses, letting his exposed eyesockets glow brightly on Nihil's analogue of a face.

NOBODY GETS OFF MR. SKELETON'S WILD RIDE

Activate your fear aura, empower it with enough mana to cover up the entire vicinity, including the huge mindless blob. If Nihil being feared to all hell doesn't affect it, then maybe it'll affect the blob directly, since it had an effect on corruptors before, and the thing is basically a huge corruptor
"There is a strange beauty in carnage."

Follow along from a safe distance and watch the events unfold.
Spoiler: Dahak side (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Caedan side (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Of Blood and Fear (click to show/hide)

Snehk the Stalker
See if the bear is alright, then take a better look at the body. Share the essence with companions.

Durst the Rock Seer
Just start walking. I'm sure if I do, something will happen.

Gray the Metaldee
Harden to protect from attacks of the mad humans. Ask the other humans to help me. Give them my "I have a dream" speech.

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Direct all friendliness to the humans who reciprocate. Fill the murderous ones up with venom.

T946 the Secruity Bot Prototype
Wait for my vision to correct itself and therefore my dizziness to disappear

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
"Sharing the spoils of war is surprisingly...sweet. Don't you agree, Astrosa?"

Ulkas paused for a moment, thinking if he should apologize for the dangerous encounter or gloat at twice-thwarted false deity, but chose otherwise.

Spoiler: Transform (click to show/hide)

(If successful)

His transformation went almost unnoticable, as most changes were made to the magical structure of the body, not the physical one. Although dark azure color, compared to the crimson skin of Astrosa, led Ulkas to some interesting thoughts and analogues. He smirked and tried the waters:

"How shall we proceed, my Queen?"
Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

Monsters :

Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caedan the Nosferatu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:35:53 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 24, 2016, 05:05:17 am »

(Hehehe... You're still here, eh, false god? That's quite intriguing. You do understand that new transformation would purge the remains of your influence if you do not lose to me earlier? Anyway, I wish to have a good final round against you, so try your worst. Hehehe...)

Concentrating on situation present and seeing the changes in his body, Ulkas calmed a bit:

"Amusing. Transformation went quite different from what I envisioned, yet it's not bad that way... Also, Astrosa, I now understand your essence hunt. New transformation feels far away and hard to reach. Ahem. So, where should we go... My Queen?"

((1? Really? Still good, but unexpected. It seems you forgot +1 MP, or was it influenced by failed transformation?
I'm teared between wooing Astrosa in spite of false god presence and biding my time, becoming even stronger...))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:07:58 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 24, 2016, 05:10:00 am »

A new host, great. Time for a hug.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 24, 2016, 06:59:28 am »

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

Transform

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 24, 2016, 07:50:29 am »

Dahak feels a stream of essences comming into his being, the feeling is pleasurable, but very odd at the same time, he wasn't expecting this.

:v! What, what is this? I'm ok with this!

Dahak's AW YISS is suddenly interrupted as he then glances at Delinde and Nihil, who are basically paralysed with fear with their extremities quivering.

Uh, woops? :v, sorry you guys uh, I guess my plan didn't work, but hey, I feel a little stronger! Thats something to be glad about, right?

Dahak makes a mental note to try and avoid the inevitable slapping that will ensue when they snap out of the huge terror they're probably feeling right now.

Well, uh, it seems that didn't do anything to the thing. Welp, guess I can't do anything about it at the moment. Lets just forget this happened, 'kay? We're all friends after all :v!

Dahak stuff the quivering mess nihil has become into the coffin and closes it. He then puts delinde's limp self on his shoulders and starts dragging them both away. Dahak feels kinda bad for them, but its kinda funny, plus, he got some essences for it!

Huh, why do I have this feeling there was more essence around then what I got? Weird, maybe the thing ate it? Damn it. It seems to be moving slowly at least. The best thing I can do right now is try to stay ahead of it and scare anyone I find away from its path while trying to get stronger on the way. I need to figure out a way to stop it before things get even uglier.

Calculate the direction the huge thing is heading towards, then move in said direction, making sure to stay far ahead of it. Hope Delinde and Nihil don't slap you to oblivion when they snap out of the fear aura's effects.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:58:07 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 24, 2016, 07:51:15 am »

FLY FOR THE EXIT SLOWBEAMING EVERYTHING THAT FALLS AT ME!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 24, 2016, 10:05:35 am »

Freindlify the nasty ones! If that doesn't work, venom away.

Hope someone tends to Vagush. I'd love to do it, but I'm kind of busy over here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 24, 2016, 11:43:48 am »

"All this blood gets my blood flowing"

"Yet another good side to brutal battles - all the blood. It's not nearly enough though."

Keep following the black mass from a safe distance. Watch for running soldiers. If I see one going away from the rest and not in the direction of the entity (and preferably alone), try to swoop in and drain him. I'm on the edge of becoming even more powerful and it's making me rather thirsty.

((Dammit, Nakeen. Caedan is supposed to be in the "you humans are mostly okay, so why won't we just stop fighting and you give me some blood every now and then, eh?" camp, but I think he might change his stance on humans if you keep showering him in blood. You're corrupting yet another character of mine, although in a different way.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 24, 2016, 12:46:35 pm »

Try to help Vagush.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 24, 2016, 01:39:43 pm »

((1? Really? Still good, but unexpected. It seems you forgot +1 MP, or was it influenced by failed transformation?
I'm teared between wooing Astrosa in spite of false god presence and biding my time, becoming even stronger...))
((Ah right, my mistake ! I corrected the+7 to a +8))

((Dammit, Nakeen. Caedan is supposed to be in the "you humans are mostly okay, so why won't we just stop fighting and you give me some blood every now and then, eh?" camp, but I think he might change his stance on humans if you keep showering him in blood. You're corrupting yet another character of mine, although in a different way.))
((Oh, interesting ? I had this idea of essence acquisition through different means for a moment, but my hints were too small to be of use by the players. This situation was the perfect occasion to make it big and obvious.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 24, 2016, 02:25:00 pm »

Wander off to the mountains. Nothing else to see, after all.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 24, 2016, 03:17:05 pm »

((If by interesting you meant the fact that Caedan thinks that humans are mostly okay, it's only when he can interact with them without having to fight every time he sees one. You know, when he can talk a bit with them, find out what's happening in the world, what cool stuff there is to see next, drain their blood (not all of it, of course) when they stop being cautious and run like hell. Otherwise, he's perfectly okay with killing (or maiming, if they aren't complete scumbags). Basically, he's pragmatic about this 'human coexistence with monsters' thing.))

((Anyway, I'll attempt to include more literal blood baths in the list of what Caedan does. Looks he's going to draw some inspiration from the Blood Countess.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 24, 2016, 03:20:06 pm »

((If by interesting you meant the fact that Caedan thinks that humans are mostly okay, it's only when he can interact with them without having to fight every time he sees one. You know, when he can talk a bit with them, find out what's happening in the world, what cool stuff there is to see next, drain their blood (not all of it, of course) when they stop being cautious and run like hell. Otherwise, he's perfectly okay with killing (or maiming, if they aren't complete scumbags). Basically, he's pragmatic about this 'human coexistence with monsters' thing.))

((Anyway, I'll attempt to include more literal blood baths in the list of what Caedan does. Looks he's going to draw some inspiration from the Blood Countess.))
((Ah by interesting, I thought how I seem to make your characters deviate toward "corruption by power". It's not that much willingly though. I did understood Caedan was decent around humans, and don't force yourself to make him someone in intense need of blood.
This event was just a peculiar and rare occurrence, but if you want to explore this way, feel free to !))

((More addition on what happened. As a vampire, Caedan has a strong affinity to blood, he can even use it naturally to sustain itself and draw energy from it. In normal circumstances, he could convert blood into essences, producing really small amount of it.
Here, this power went awry due to the abnormal situation : over-abundance of blood, atmosphere saturated with new essence and an eldritch abomination.))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:22:14 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 24, 2016, 03:39:00 pm »

((Getting a player or two to go evil isn't bad. We got some heroic (well, as heroic as a monster can get) creatures here, so why not get a few villains (and right now, the only monster that is close to being a villain character is Ulkas. Others are either friendly or just acting like the monsters they are.) to spice things up? And since I plan Caedan to be mostly pragmatic about things - he just found out that he can get a lot of power if he gets a lot of blood in one place. And being more powerful is always good. So if he finds a good opportunity for it later, why not use it?))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 24, 2016, 03:41:29 pm »

((I plan on being more antagonistic this time. I tried to be nice last time >:C))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 146