Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295467 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #900 on: March 12, 2016, 07:17:35 pm »

Turn 47b : Second half

Durst the Rock Seer
Head to the borders of the town and listen to the natural mana in the world. Let it flow and tell me what I must do.
[Mana isn't talkative]
[1] You move away from the center of the town, heading toward the calm wilderness at the border of the town. You meditate and listen to the mana flow of the world.

But you hear nothing. The flow is eerily silent, you feel nothing at all. No word, no intuition, nothing.

"Still trying to listen to the mana voice Durst ? I admire your perseverance, but you know this is useless : we all know that the mana flow fell silent on the day of the Awakening, and it has remained like this ever since."

This is Tourma, a fellow townspeople and good friend. He is a Gem Sage, his humanoid-shaped body is made of tourmaline, and you have known him for centuries. What he said is right, since what everyone call the day of the Awakening, the mana flow fell silent. Before this day, you would spend nights and days communing with the world voice. Mana, essence, life energy...all of them share the same voice. The voice of the World.

All that is known about the sudden silence is that faint whispers from the flow can be heard the further you head toward the barrier enclosing Coridem's crater. That's in part why many expeditions groups where sent to try to reach the outside world, to investigate and hopefully understand what happened and is happening.

Gray the Metaldee
"It doesn't matter if I'm artificial or not. I'm me, and I have a dream. A dream that one day, beings will not be judged by whether they are human or monster, but by their actions and character. Thank you very much for your help and the directions. I'll try to return the favor if I ever pass through again."

Some talky stuff, then head off to the Ashafan territory. Keep an eye out for monsters following me this time. Or monsters and humans around me in general. And for sources of essence.
[Thank you Gray Luther King]
[6] The djinn wishes you good luck, and disappears in a cloud of bright dust. Both you and Brown resumes your journey, traveling through the beautiful sea of silvery sand shining under the moon's gaze.

But this time, you carefully inspect your surroundings, on the lookout for other monsters or humans. Your attitude is borderline paranoid, and in the process, you actually deviate from the shortcut the djinn indicated to you. Brown is too busy being awed at the sand and the moon to notice this. He didn't listen to the djinn anyway.[/size]

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Tend to Vagush. If he's in good shape, try to follow the blobs one again, this time while declaring our peaceful intentions.
[A walk through the desert]
[6] You tend to Vagush, helping him rehydrates himself and surveying the oasis. Thanks to his incredible constitution, his wounds heals quickly and he is back in shape a few hours later. Vagush is sincerely grateful for your care, but you lost a lot of time resting, it will be nigh-impossible to catch up with the blobs.

[4] Vagush reassures you.
"I have lived in the desert forever, and I am a seasoned tracker. Tracking those blobs will be a trivial task."

True to his words, he manages to reconstitute the blobs trail with barely noticeable clues and subtle hints. As you are faster than blobs, you eventually catch up with them after hours of following their tracks. Tirim is peacefully sleeping on your back, exhausted by the harsh day.
"There, I see them." says Vagush.

You see two small shapes moving on the sand.
"But this is strange. Judging from their initial path, I assumed they headed toward the human territory. But after a moment, their path changed and they began heading toward the Radasar territory. I don't know if they are lost or have something on their mind."

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"Hell! I'm making an opening, yet its too different from normal control! It's as if Chosen is controlled by puppeteer and my actions only serve to mange his strands! What should I do?!"

Follow Astrosa orders.
[1] "I am busy, think of something yourself !" she yells angrily, wrestling the blade with the Chosen.
Confused and unsure about what to do, you lose your partial control over the Chosen's body. You decide to distract the enemy with illusions, and cast a spell of Illusions.
You lose 5MP

But Tinzakena manages to throw your spell right back at you, and you begin to see many Astrosa and Chosen fighting together. You are confused, and don't know which one is the right one.

Astrosa roll : [5] vs [4]
Having immobilized the threatening blade, Astrosa goes for a direct strike at her opponent's body, aiming for the heart. Focusing her blood red substance into a large blade, she thrusts the blade with her free hand toward the woman's armor.
The Chosen deviates the thrust with her free hand, but the blade still pierce the armor and tear the flesh of her side torso. Because of the pain, she loses hold of her sword, but managed to avoid critical damages.

Astrosa remains in possession of the mauve sword, and despite having loss a lot of mana and stamina due to the sword effects, she is still going strong.

Chosen roll : [6] vs [3]
With a single finger snap, the mauve sword vanishes and reappear in the Chosen's hand. A blinding purple glow emanates from her body, and a new armor begins to cover her body, along with the sword increasing in size.

You and Astrosa are momentarily blinded by the flash, and the Chosen is undergoing some kind of magic augmentation. The process is longer than she expected though, and she is unexpectedly vulnerable.

Snehk the Stalker
It's a long story. After leaving lair of the sole shegarian dragon of nearby woods, I headed towards Doro village, seeking Fenia. My goal was to talk with her and find a way in which I could live among humans. But I stumbled upon one of the scouts and had to run away back to forest. Then I was attacked by two adventurers, and after defeating them I decided that I need power to transform so I'd look like an ordinary human. Then I stumbled upon you, and you know what happened next. Do you know where I could quickly absorb some power and continue my journey?

Talk with Bargar and his convenient neighbor Barak.
[Yay for Grind Quest ?]
[5] "Ooooooh"say the two bear-monsters in unison, amazed by your strange adventure.

"I heard of the dragon of the Elon Woods, but I thought it was a legend. That's amazing. And this Fenia, I don't know exactly who she is but I heard of something like this from a friend who heard a rumor from his brother who often attack human hunters. There is a monster living a la human around Doro, but not exactly in Doro according to the rumor." explains Bargar.

Then Barak's turn to speak come :
"You want power quickly ? Apart from killing and eating strong monsters, I don't know any other way. If you don't fear some big risks, you could try challenging the strongest monsters of the forest to the South-West. It's a smaller forest than the Elon Woods, but it is the houses of many strong monsters. I think it is because of an underground passage that so many strange monsters lurk there.

Bargar raises his voice :
"Hey ! That gives me an idea. How about hunting together for some strong monsters ? It would be good for our territory don't you think Barak ? In the process you could absorb some power Snehk."[/size]

The Ashen, the Charred Wraith
(Sorry about that, at least I can get my turn in!)

WESTWARD FORTH! OTHER ME, SURVIVE!
[Loss of Contact]
[1] You know your other half can't hear your orders from such a distance, but it's the thought that counts. In the meantime, the half is still wandering aimlessly like a lost puppy. Then the same being as before appears before your half. Before your half can even react, the being lunges at it and eat it whole.

You feel the faint connection severing instantly.
You lose 6HP
You lose 7MP

The intense pain makes you unable to move a lot, and you make few progress westward. Still the same rocky area with some sparse trees. And this atmosphere charged with spiritual presence...

[6] You feel something pulsing on the other side of the hill, it is heading toward your direction, but not at the speed of something hunting. It's probably just a coincidence, but you still feel a bit uneasy.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:27:33 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 12, 2016, 07:18:30 pm »

Damnit ! I got a power surge right as I posted the first half !  >:(

As a result, crazyabe post is sandwiched between them, breaking the heavenly symmetry !  >: ( :/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:29:11 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 12, 2016, 07:23:54 pm »

((It's called "It Looked Complete to me So I Posted.".))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 12, 2016, 07:28:31 pm »

((It's called "It Looked Complete to me So I Posted.".))
((You're not to blame, I'm raging at the heaven and fate for the power surge. Well, don't take this too seriously.))

Nearly forgot ! It's the first time a turn exceeds the character limit. It's in part due to Morvad's speech obnoxiousness free version.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 12, 2016, 07:42:52 pm »

"I will never give up. And you know what? Maybe I intend to find where all the mana has gone. Tell everyone I've died, it'll be easier for them to take. I'm heading towards the barrier."

Durst begins to walk away, before pausing and turning his head.

"You can come if you wish. If you love mana and wish to find out where it has gone, you shall join me."

Head to the barrier and try to pick up on some mana flow.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:48:05 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 12, 2016, 07:51:52 pm »

Lay still. If it gets close enough, leap on and wrap myself around a limb. Begin the process of possession!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 12, 2016, 08:51:45 pm »

"You guys do- *huff* -know you're going into- *puff* -Radasar territory, right?"

Run to catch up to the blobs and say that.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 13, 2016, 12:08:01 am »

Stormslayer would let out a hiss of frustratioun, before nodding to Amarilys.
"Time is now of the essence. We must depart."
And once again they would set off for the hive at top speed. The sooner they returned, the sooner the alliance could be sealed.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 13, 2016, 12:11:23 am »

((PLOT DUMP :V))

Dahak is certainly impressed by Morvad's awareness and ability to formulate accurate theories, though its a bit unfortunate that Morvad messed up the volume on his spiritual transmission because NOW THE ENTIRE WESTERN HEMISPHERE PROBABLY HEARD WHAT HE SAID.

Man, Morvad can still cook up good ideas even if he's dead. Old man still has it, but there's still a few gaps I need to fill..

Dahak says as he turns towards the iron coffin.

Just what am I supposed to do with this thing now, then? If its actualy disconnected from the outer dimension, and having LITERALLY EATEN A WORLD GUARDIAN, then this little coffin here won't do much to hold it, eh. I don't think I could kill it, not by myself at least, and Delinde seems totally out of it now- O hey

Dahak then remembers about Delinde, turning towards her and flailing his arms.

WOMAN WHAT THE HELL WHERE IS YOUR MASK YOU ACTUALY HAVE A FACE??? Wat, your face isn't even weird, you actualy look like some sort of fairy. Why do you even bother with the mask then? Don't tell me your fashion sense actualy sucks that bad.

Despite Dahak's valuable fashion critique, Delinde barely even reacts. Dahak hopes that the hugely obnoxious sound volume abuse extravaganza brought by Morvad's otherwordly voice hasn't completely blown her brains out. Then again, she did seem very potato-ish earlier, too.

Uhhhh, hellooo? Delinde? Uh. You should probably try to rest you know, we can talk later I guess.

Dahak then sits close to the iron coffin, knocking on its side a bit.

Uhhh, hello? You there bud? Listen, we have to talk this out. I think I understand what you meant by the whole ~DAHAAAAAAK~ thing, but we need to come to an agreement here. I miiiight let you out, but you have to promisse to not get hostile on me or the death fairy, plus, quit with the whole ~dahaaaaaaak~ thing, its creeping me the hell out

Tell Delinde to go and try to rest while you negotiate with the creepy thing. Try gain the thing's trust and maybe make it into a useful ally. I mean, its not like you can just kill it yourself, and it doesnt seem outright hostile. Try to rest as well and hope Morvad's shenaningas hasn't awakened the entire cemetery.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 13, 2016, 12:51:40 am »

Continue along unless I get stopped. Hopefully find my way back to the shortcut.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 13, 2016, 03:15:13 am »

Marvelous idea!

Now I'll have companions.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 13, 2016, 03:20:55 am »

Added an official Waitlist ! Currently contains Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER and Lermfish. This is mostly for "good measure", as I honestly don't know when they will be able to join the fray...

I highly doubt being able to handle more than 10 players per turn. So they will probably be able to join when one current player will desist/retire for reasons.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 13, 2016, 04:31:50 am »

"I've been traveling aimlessly for a while now, but I may know some answers to your questions. If you feel like it, ask away."

Should they want to get some information from me and Caedan knows the answers, tell them. Once our conversation is done and they need nothing more of me:

"I shall be taking me leave then. If our paths cross again, I hope it will be a less heart-attack inducing circumstance."

Go and explore the forest a little afterwards. Also, transform.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:04:43 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 13, 2016, 01:31:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(( I think that stuff like minor/lesser bloodsucker/nosferatu could also work for earlier stages. ))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:16:04 pm by Dark One »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 13, 2016, 01:46:49 pm »

(How about Bathory for your transformation? That or maybe Ripper?)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 146