Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295541 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #825 on: March 08, 2016, 06:19:09 am »

((This is -BAD-...))

Uh oh. Absorb it quickly, then ping off more mana disruptive waves! Hell if I'm helping these knights again, they're pitiful.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 08, 2016, 06:44:42 am »

Welp, get out of there pronto. If at any point the monster can see me, hope he hasn't got much resistance to mind shenanigans and crank mesmerizing up to full, powerful mind control with overload.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 08, 2016, 06:53:44 am »

I Keep looking!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 08, 2016, 07:35:27 am »

"... nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope"

Try to drain the Moth's essence from where I am and then immediately NOPE THE HELL AWAY!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:47:29 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 08, 2016, 07:39:56 am »

Dahak feels a chill running down his spine. He can feel it close, just like before. Somehow the thing is still here, even after closing the gate, which is pretty bad, he thinks.

Er, lets hurry up and try to contact Morvad, I have a feeling we'll be needing his input really, really soon. Delinde, try to find his presence, we need to ask him about what the hell we're supposed to do if whatever that thing was has managed to survive the closing of the gate...Because... Reasons.

Dahak grabs a stray bone and sticks it inside his ribcage, while sitting down and trying to recover his mana.  He has a feeling he'll need the extra energy soon. Then he glances back at Delinde, it seems she has noticed it too.

There is something different in the air, though. The thing's presence isn't nearly as terrifying or feels as absurd as it did back at the cabin. This does nothing to calm him.

Try to contact Morvad while Delinde's defenses occupy the thing. Explain and ask about how to deal with the current situation, there's no time for fraternal reunions >:v!
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 08, 2016, 07:52:02 am »

Stop moving. When it gets closer, spring on it, and wrap myself around the thing following me
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 08, 2016, 09:52:38 am »

Leave the bear and look for a resting spot.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 08, 2016, 05:12:02 pm »

((:v! so, on a quite accurate resume of our current storylines:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:16:04 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 08, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »

Squishy is magic-wrestling the fantasy equivalent of something out of the SCP foundation and and the spirit of John Cena, and, with the help of some pitiful humans, is managing to injure the beast albeit slightly. However, the beast kinda kicked the humans' shit, and Squishy is probably next.

FTFY
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 08, 2016, 07:12:12 pm »

Rearing up on his hind legs, he would attempt one last time to Distort the demons into disarray, possibly making them attack eachother. he would also throw his meatshield into the group to try and get them to stop attacking his guard-kin.
"Fall back to the hive brother! Inform them of what has happened before they're caught off guard!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 08, 2016, 07:39:57 pm »

((:v! so, on a quite accurate resume of our current storylines:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I was wondering if I somehow accidentally posted the next turn because it was strangely on point for many things. Turn coming soon !))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 08, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

Turn 44 : Everyone bar Ulkas

Gray the Metaldee
"Thanks for the help back there, Brown. Sorry I got us in to that situation. But I'm sure not everywhere will be like that."

Onwards again to the north!
[Wonder of the night]
"Heh, don't worry. We are friends after all, it's normal to help each other." says Brown happily.

You are so proud of having such a nice and loyal friend with you. You both leave the cave and progress further north. It's the first time you see the night sky, this is beautiful. Innumerable glittering spots on an endless black veil. A larger and enigmatic white orb dwarfing the other small lights. So this is the moon and the stars...

[5] As you are strolling on a high plateau, you notice movement in the distance. You see some kind of floating monolith launching rocks everywhere around and a quadrupedal shiny monster running away from it. This is clearly a fight.
On the other side, Brown calls you :
"Hey, did you see that ? There is something bright on the other side, like some kind of small fire or something."

You take a look, and notice some kind of lone flame. It is moving erratically, you have the feeling it is calling you.

Squishy the Great Earth Mana Wisp
((This is -BAD-...))

Uh oh. Absorb it quickly, then ping off more mana disruptive waves! Hell if I'm helping these knights again, they're pitiful.
[Mana ping pong]
[6] vs [2] You feel an immense breach in the defenses of the Unit 0. A torrent of mana is leaking, and it is easily accessible to you ! Focusing your power, you make this pouring mana yours and absorb it avidly. Feeling its mana is absorbed, the being panics and tries to absorb it back. To no avail, as the huge wound caused by the magical lance is wide open and more mana is leaking than mana is being absorbed.
But for you this is so much power, too much ! You feel like you are going to implode because of the enormous mana intake.
You recover all your MP

You are unable to produce disruptive waves, as you struggle not to explode because of the overload of mana. As a last ditch measure, you convert mana into body structure. It is still too much, you are so full this is bad news !
You recover all your HP

Dikaios Knights roll :
[3] The two conscious knights finally notice you trying to confront the Unit 0.
"What can we do ?... We have to gain more time for the remaining knights to come..."

They stand back up, shambling.

Unit 0 roll :
[5] vs [1] The Unit 0 calms down and stop panicking. Assessing the situation, it uses its inner mana to close the gaping wound and stop the mana leak. All its wounds now healed, it focus on the last obstacle present. You.
Taking advantage of your unstable mana state, the being rushes at you and circles you with its tentacles, glaring at you with his opened eyes.
Then you feel a sharp pain all around your body, like you were savagely opened and torn apart by thousand blades. Your mana storm out of yourself in a cyan torrent and is absorbed by the tentacles and the eyes.
You lose all your remaining MP

And when your mana is depleted you feel your very lifeforce being sapped at. This is a terrible feeling, a torpor is slowly swallowing you against your will. Your surroundings are getting darker, and only the glowing ruby eyes are left in your vision.

One by one, they close, until the central and biggest one is left. Like a blood sun in a dark world. Beautiful and dreadful.
You lose 15HP

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Welp, get out of there pronto. If at any point the monster can see me, hope he hasn't got much resistance to mind shenanigans and crank mesmerizing up to full, powerful mind control with overload.
[Saved by moonlight]
[3] You get out of here at full speed, increasing the distance between you and the monster. As you begin thinking you are safe, a moon ray brush your glassy body, creating a small but noticeable glint.

[6] The monster notices it, and head further toward your direction. Then you arrive in a place where the rock surfaces are smooth and shiny, a bit like obsidian. The moonlight reflects on them, confusing the monolithic monster. It judges this may be the wrong direction, and stop going your direction. It makes a u-turn and head somewhere else.

ZoomochScoomtarto The Three-Eyed Beholder
I Keep looking!
[Keep looking, end up finding !]
[4] You keep looking, going back on your tracks all the while carefully avoiding the spots where you had an altercation. Eventually, you arrive to your depart point ! The cave entrance hidden by roots and bushes.

You enter in the Underground. Sweet moistness and coldness. Soothing darkness, calming silence. You feel at home, and rest for a while.
You recover 8HP
You recover 3MP

((What will you do when you wake up ? As a reminder, you know locations in the Underground and the Surface.))

Caedan the Vampire
"... nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope"

NOPE THE HELL AWAY!
[Classic Twig]
[1] "WhatthehellisthisWhatthehellisthisWhatthehellisthis" you repeat totally panicking. You step back, and step on a stupid twig laying here. You never thought a stupid breaking twig could make so much noise.

The human quickly notices the sound, and shouts :
"Who or what is here ?!"

You freeze in terror.

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
Dahak feels a chill running down his spine. He can feel it close, just like before. Somehow the thing is still here, even after closing the gate, which is pretty bad, he thinks.

Er, lets hurry up and try to contact Morvad, I have a feeling we'll be needing his input really, really soon. Delinde, try to find his presence, we need to ask him about what the hell we're supposed to do if whatever that thing was has managed to survive the closing of the gate...Because... Reasons.

Dahak grabs a stray bone and sticks it inside his ribcage, while sitting down and trying to recover his mana.  He has a feeling he'll need the extra energy soon. Then he glances back at Delinde, it seems she has noticed it too.

There is something different in the air, though. The thing's presence isn't nearly as terrifying or feels as absurd as it did back at the cabin. This does nothing to calm him.

Try to contact Morvad while Delinde's defenses occupy the thing. Explain and ask about how to deal with the current situation, there's no time for fraternal reunions >:v!
[Radio noise]
[1] Suddenly the image flickers wildly and you lose the connection with Morvad. The presence you just felt is creating interferences, what a piece of unluck ! Furthermore you can't move out of the magical figure, or the ritual will stop. Delinde nods at you :
"Stay here, I will take care of it. If something happens to me, all the candles in the crypt should light up."

Delinde then leaves, not before manifesting another Fog Reaper.

"I'm exhausted...I won't be able to create another one for the day..." she mutters before leaving.

You are alone in the crypt, with a pointy bone in your ribcage, just in case.

Humanoid ? roll : [3]
In the meantime, the black ichor humanoid managed to get on its knees despite the ruthless attack. The mysterious fog dissipated, and Delinde appeared before the humanoid. It raised its faceless head, and a mouth appears on it. Extending its hand toward Delinde, he said :

"Dahak..."

Delinde roll : [4]
Delinde felt something different about this strange thing. It emitted the same cold and terrifying feeling of Corruptors, but there wasn't only that. There was something else... but what ? She shrugged her thoughts away, and steeled her resolve.

"Whatever you are, you don't belong to our world. I will destroy you here and now."

The Fog Reaper flashed right in front of the kneeled humanoid and stroke its scythe down.

[4] With a never seen before agility, the humanoid moved its body away from the down slash, dodging the strike from an inch. Then grabbing the scythe handle, it maintained it into the ground, showcasing an incredible physical strength.

"You leave me no choice..."

Said Delinde just before taking her mask off.

The Ashen the Crimson Wraith
Stop moving. When it gets closer, spring on it, and wrap myself around the thing following me
[Trap the reverse-traper]
[1] You stop moving. The presence keeps getting closer, and you prepare yourself to make it regret following you.
Once the presence is one meter behind you, you quickly turn back and spring on it before it can react. Or that's what you thought.

In a flash the presence moves back, timely dodging you. Still in your momentum, you get a glimpse at the being. It's appearance seems intangible, its body doesn't look like it can be physically touched, but at the same time it seems to be able to interact physically with the world.

It is a large and tall transparent creature with strange night-blue markings all along its body. It has no arms nor legs, only a single body with two blue glowing eyes. It seems to have a huge mouth on its body, from which a strange glow comes out.

[4] The creature is agile, and moving freely like a cloud. It passes next to you, staring at you. Then with its huge mouth it quickly bites a big part of your still smoky body.
You lose 5HP

Snehk the Stalker
Leave the bear and look for a resting spot.
[Snehk the Squatter]
[6] You leave the ungrateful bear unceremoniously. Wandering around, you eventually find a big burrow with some dead tree trunks over it. A perfect hideout and resting spot, and it doesn't look like there is a creature living here.

You make yourself comfortable, and rest for a while.
You recover 9HP

You are suddenly woken up by a familiar voice :
"What the hell are you doing in my lair ?"

It's Bargar the Unfriendly Bear.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
Rearing up on his hind legs, he would attempt one last time to Distort the demons into disarray, possibly making them attack eachother. he would also throw his meatshield into the group to try and get them to stop attacking his guard-kin.
"Fall back to the hive brother! Inform them of what has happened before they're caught off guard!"

[Demons VS Insects, the weird battle]
[1] ((Fool ! They are already attacking each other without outside interference :P))
You rear up on your legs, still holding the ranged demon, and attempt to Distort their senses ! You don't know if it is because of the Hive disconnection or the demons peculiar mind, but it doesn't work : they somehow look more focused than before.

Ranged Demon Roll :
[4] Taking advantage of your focus, the ranged demon skin becomes slippery all of a sudden and it escapes from your grasp !

Guard-Kin roll :
[4] vs [2] Guard-Kin manages to gather his last remaining forces, and charges at the ranged demon. He gores him with his horn and throws him away !

Demons roll :
[6, 4] The two other demons attack Guard-Kin, this time without accidentally hitting each other. The tailed demon's tail strikes a crackled point in Guard-Kin chitin, and the tail pierce him and exit from the other side. His tail is stuck in Guard-Kin body.
The second demon claws mercilessly at Guard-Kin, opening even more wounds and making it bleed even more.

Guard-Kin is not going to last long.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:08:15 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 08, 2016, 08:58:35 pm »

there's two of them, and two of us. I strike at the tailed demon, trying to bit off it's tail and free guard-kin up to strike at the clawed one. If I can, I also try to pin the tailed demon and Mindwipe them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 08, 2016, 09:03:53 pm »

Hah, the fool. He touched me. I can now use my ability to transfer mana to transfer all of his mana to me quickly, at the same time using absorb to quickly drain his HP. I will then attempt to transfer a small amount of mana to the Dikaios knights, in hopes that they use their magical "Get a 5 against monsters every round" ability that they seemed to use when I was trying to break out.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 08, 2016, 09:06:11 pm »

when I waken, I think I will take a trip to the local Dwarven Fortress; If I recall correctly it was known as ShieldDawn... Now if I only knew how dwarves came up with names like that.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 146