Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295616 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #795 on: March 06, 2016, 03:27:43 am »

(Just want to say I haven't forgotten about this, I was busy Friday, and I didn't feel like writing today. I may be busy tomorrow mowing the yard (It's a massive 2 acre yard, that is in a valley, and is not flat in the least.), but I'll see about writing a turn on Monday, if I don't have a job. Otherwise, I guess I'll drop out. This is a great game, hope it runs for a while. Keep up the good work.)
((I wish you good luck ! Thank you for warning us beforehand, I hope everything will work out for you. And thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.))

((I think nakeen himself is taking a break since he said he was sick, so no worries, game is prob on a standstill now due to that)

((He's finishing up his other RTD, actually. Updates will probably go back to normal once that's done, most likely in the next day or two.))
((You are both right, I'm finishing my other RTD and I was resting because of my mild sickness. I'm back on track though, so the update will come out on Sunday))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 06, 2016, 04:44:18 pm »

The moon is rising in the cloudy sky. The few stars visible are shining brightly.
It is night time. The world's flow of Fate seems back to normal.

Turn 41 : Everyone bar The Tales...

Gray the Metaldee
Attack that form in the desert. Engulf it and Harden so it can't get out. Get Brown to help, hopefully.
[Swallow !]
[5] You react swiftly and rush at the flickering form. The illusion breaks just before you reach it, revealing a small burning sun-like monster. You engulf it without thought and harden to prevent it from breaking out. You feel your body temperature rising, your body is on the verge of melting.
You lose 2HP

Then the temperature stops increasing. All the oxygen in your mouth has been consumed, and the sun creature stopped burning. It seems to still be alive though.

Brown is still confused, but seems better now.

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"So, a god of Truth and Lies resorts to mere violence to get revenge? Low, so low... A party of chess would be better."

Ulkas coughs while observing kneeled humans.

"Astrosa, should we flee from here? Whatever comes is better met alone, not while surrounded by possible pawns and materials. Speaking of that... You won't mind if I consume essences this time? It should be nearly enough for the next stage."

Quickly consume essences around. I NEED power to go against the god Chosen. Then flee or prepare a defensive formation.

Spoiler: Transform (click to show/hide)
[Apparition of the Chosen of Tinzakena]
[3] "Fighting it now is a good opportunity, he seems to be alone. As for the essences, go ahead. These weak ones are useless to me anyway."

You focus yourself to absorb the essences of the killed humans, but the spell is restricting your movements. Furthermore, some of them are still quite far from you. You don't manage to gather all the essence of the slain humans.
You gather 4 essences

A woman wearing a religious armor appears on the other side of the square. The title Chosen is given to humans blessed with the power of their god. Despite the incredible increase in power, they are still limited by their natural limits, so the power of a Chosen depends largely on the host natural potential. A Chosen One is far weaker than a Hero.

You hear the telepathic voice again :
"Considering you knew of the technique to break a pact, you probably heard a god's title doesn't mean anything. Your puny taunting is useless. Now prepare to die."

It seems like the Chosen's mind has been completely overrun by Tinzakena. You deduce this is how gods interact with this world, remembering what Dovarus told you.

Squishy the Great Earth Mana Wisp
((Shitshitshitshitshit))

Ah hell, follow the Dikaios knights! They probably have the best way out...
[Unit 0]
[6] You see the Dikaios Knights leaving in a panic, and feeling the oppressive force getting closer, you decide to follow them discretely.

Mana regeneration roll : 1d10
[9] Fortunately for you, you manage to absorb the residual mana of the dead monsters and humans.
You recover 9MP

Still following the knights, you pass through huge corridors with open cells like yours. Dead monsters and humans are paving the way, their essences long gone.
And suddenly, you hear the Dikaios Knights shouting. You never heard them shout in terror despite the previous fight. Then the knights come out of the corner, quickly walking backward in formation. Sounds of fight and detonations are heard.

"DON'T FALTER KNIGHTS ! WE WILL KILL IT OR DIE TRYING !" yells what seems to be the captain of the squad.

Then it emerges from the corner. From the situation, you understand this is the "Unit-0".

It is an eerie, but terribly beautiful being. In some state between pure energy and matter, its body seems to be made of some sort of mana plasma with a soft and liquid appearance. It has many blue tentacles like appendages floating gracefully along its big body. There are many ruby red spots on its body, closing and opening slowly like eyes.

An overwhelming power is emanating from it. A strange sound is emitted by the being, like if you were under the sea and something large was moving. There is also a "breathing" sound, like breathing through a gas mask.

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
((:v! EGADS, caused the entire world to slip and fall onto its face)

Dahak is paralyzed. The damn thing has gotten hold of Dahak's mind in a strange way. Its certainly not controlling it, but its emitting a flood of alien thoughts(?) that are too absurd to endure for much longer.

JeessUUUUSS CHRist wHAt THEeee FuCkkkk-k-k

i hAVe a STrange FeElING tHat tElls mE I mAY have JUssst inDIREctly PuNCHed EVEryone eVER in thE FACe, inclUUUDing mYselF.

WAAAiiiiiiiiiiiTT, THats iT! INdireCT puNCHIng!

Dahak's disturbed mind flares with an idea, and new skeleton jokes!

I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH YOUthis is a link

Summon your Feral Otherwordly Aura against the sphere! Even if it ends up not doing much, the extra confusion will probably be enough to break contact between you and the sphere. Make sure to adjust your sunglasses.
[Balance]
[3] You manage to activate your Feral Otherworldly Aura with the sliver of control left over yourself.
You lose 4MP
You lose 2HP
The dark aura takes the form of two huge independently moving clawed hands, and they immediately lashes at the sphere. But like with the Fog Reaper, the two hands instantly vanish when they hit the sphere. But it is not useless as you feel this small window temporarily diverted the sphere gaze from you. You manage to slowly break the contact, but you are only half-way through it.

[5] "Dahak !"

This is Delinde, she made as quick as she could and is already back with a bag full of necessary material. Seeing you in difficulty, she pushes you away, totally breaking the link with the sphere. You feel a heavy burden disappearing from your soul.

"Are you okay ?" she says panicked.

You grumble something sounding like "As fine as after puking", and a wave of relief appears on her hidden face.

"I got all the necessary materials for various rituals, we can begin right now ! If we cut the gate now, the sphere won't be able to maintain itself in this world and instantly vanish ! We must hurry !"

Thing from Another Plane roll : [1] ((oh come on))
The fluctuations in the portal stops. At the same time, your whole surroundings fall silent.

"Daaahaaaaak...Finally...We Meet."

The portal is fully stabilized. The orb is levitating idly above the round spatial opening, giving off an enigmatic feeling.
From the underside of the portal, a mass of black ichor drip out, falling on the ground and producing strange bubbling sounds.

The mass shrinks and takes an humanoid form. A being emerges, it has the same size as you. It walks toward the portal and plunge its hands into the portal from the upside, like trying to pull something out.

World Equilibrium Roll : [6]
You don't have time to feel fear or comprehend what is happening, when a sudden surge of power is felt above the cottage. This power. It is essence.
Coming out of the earth, from the surrounding air and from the skies, golden streams of essence are gathering in a single point. This concentration is growing to huge proportion, and the golden globe begins changing shape.

A body as pure as the sun. Four wings made of pure energy. Dozen of long arms with fingered hands. Its head has three different colored eyes moving freely across its head.

Immediately after incarnating, the strange being fire a burning stream of energy at the sphere. A forcefield blocks the attack and a violent explosion result from it. The shockwave blasts you apart and you are thrown at least five meters backward with Delinde.

You are unharmed thankfully.

"What is this ?... Dahak, should we still try to close the portal ? I got materials for other rituals if needed."

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
"Unnatural creatures. Hardly a-He would stop midsentence as he loses his remaining connection to the hivemind, severed by the pulse of sinister corruption. he would briefly seem panicked as his mind is submerged in loneliness, and become painfully aware of his mortality in the situation. He would then quickly attempt to Distort every living creature in the nearby area so as to escape in the confusion.
[Loss of will]
[1] It seems that because of the disturbance in your psyche, you are unable to focus yourself and use your Distort ability. Sensing your weakened mental state, the four demons in front of you immediately attack you while the other two attack Guard-Kin.
[6, 5, 1] The first demon sweeps its clawed tail at you, slashing you in the face. But in its momentum, the tail also slashes the third demon who falls on the ground. The second demon stabs you with its long clawed hands, severely injuring you !
You lose 8HP (3+5)

Guard-Kin Roll :
[3] Guard-Kin is also mentally weakened, but he still manages to partially activate his Armor Mode.
[3, 3] The two demons claw at Guard-Kin, not managing to inflict serious damage but still denting the hardened chitin of the guard.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
One final try at dragging a human up here
[Patience is of the essence]
[4] You wait into the clouds for the night to come, resting in hidden in the clouds.
You recover 4HP
You recover 3MP

Once it is dark and cloudy enough, you slowly float downward, being careful not to tread to close to the camp. You wait in the outskirt for an occasion, and finally you spot a patrol of four men. One of them is lagging behind, probably a recruit.

When the occasion is good, you get closer and fire your telekinetic ray. The human doesn't realize immediately that he is being lifted up, and when he cries for help it is too late, he is already two meters in the air.
You lose 4MP

Snehk the Stalker
Save the bear!
[Extend your hand to the enemy]
[4] Despite your internal wounds, you stand back up and run toward the riverside where the bear monster fell !
You extend your hand toward him, shouting him to grab your hand. He manages to grab it, but he is heavy !
[2] You don't manage to pull him back up, and you are both awkwardly locked in this position !

Caedan the Vampire
((Dammit, TempAcc. At least it's going to be night beginning from the next turn.))

"... seriously?"

Get out of its line of sight. Gauge its hostility. If it looks like its hostile, use up all of my mana on boiling it and bravely run away. If it doesn't seem hostile, tend to my wounds and bravely run away. In both cases, try to lose it in the darkness of the forest.
[Safe haven]
[2] Because of the intense light emitted by the moth-like monster, there is no way it can't see you. You are the only other life form here, and the monster turns toward you.
[4] The monster doesn't seem hostile, but its very presence is slowly hurting you. It doesn't seem to be moving since the sun set down, so you take your distance and tend to your wounds. It seems the creature presence is making the surrounding safer.
You recover 5HP
You recover 3MP

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Time to run.
[Trap]
[2] You intend to run away, but the monolithic monster send pillar of rock to block your way. A wall of rock in crescent alignment is standing up before you. [2] The monster seems hostile and ready to attack you.
[4] It launches several more rocks in your direction !
[6, 6] You and Vagush manage to dodge the projectiles, but end up separated. By a makeshift rocky wall. You can't see you but can still communicate.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:59:19 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 06, 2016, 04:46:41 pm »

Now for dinner!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 06, 2016, 04:59:45 pm »

((Fuck this shit. I'm killing it.))

Drain the hell out of that mana based being. At the same time, fling a concentrated mana disruptive wave at it.

((IT. WILL. DIE.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 06, 2016, 05:09:38 pm »

Keep running!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 06, 2016, 05:22:38 pm »

(I wish to make a different monster. Will I still keep my stages if I make something else?)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 06, 2016, 05:23:31 pm »

(Yeah sure, you didn't have much of a story influence yet so I don't mind as no retcon is needed.)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 06, 2016, 05:33:05 pm »

I'd like to be host-less please.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stage 2 Upgrades (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:10:38 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 06, 2016, 05:39:56 pm »

Digest it. Digest it now! Or crush it. Whichever works faster.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 06, 2016, 05:45:18 pm »

Unnerved and unbalanced, Stormslayer would reel back into the midst of his guard-kin's battle, flailing wildly to try and repel the attackers  while he recovers his senses. it was difficult to co-ordinate with his kin when his mind could not touch the others, but fortune may on his side this time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 06, 2016, 06:20:57 pm »

((I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE A WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY))

Dahak slowly gets up as he tries to disgest the situation in his mind. The otherwordly thing knows him, and now some other third party has come up and decided to fight the avatar of suck Dahak seems to have accidentaly summoned.

IS THIS THE TWILIGHT ZONE OR SOMETHING? DID THE GODS COLLECTIVELY DECIDE TO PUNCH ME IN THE FACE? Bloody abyss, woman.

Dahak then glances at Delinde, being glad she's ok, but even more glad that she actualy managed to bring all necessary equipment for pretty much any of the rituals. Then Dahak glances at the two odd beings which now seem to be fighting eachother, staring like a scared skeletal cat, and then like a hungry skeletal hyena. A light glow emits from his four eyesockets.

Dahak is very creative with his ideas about skeletal fauna.

Whatever the ball of snot may be, it knows me, that thing was there when I died, I can see that now. That thing is what connected me to the other world. Which means I really DO have a bone to pick with it.

Also, he just had a devious idea.

Delinde doesn't seem very impressed.

STEALTHLY perform the ritual to weaken the portal's link with this world. If there's any chance of harm to you or Delinde, just close the portal right away and RUN THE INFINITE HELL AWAY.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:23:51 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 06, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »

-wraith-
((A new parasite-type monster. I like it.))

"We cool? Well, you're obviously not, since you're on fire. It's figure of speech, dammit. I'll just take care of my wounds and I'm getting out of here. If I won't get lost in this forest again, that is."

Try to get that last 3 HP back. If the flaming moth turns hostile, run like hell. Get out of the forest afterwards.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 06, 2016, 06:27:45 pm »

-snip-
((You got right on the other party, I thought of explaining it later when you would contact Morvad. It is some kind of defensive mechanism of the world to counter the abnormal imbalance.))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 06, 2016, 06:38:17 pm »

-snip-
((You got right on the other party, I thought of explaining it later when you would contact Morvad. It is some kind of defensive mechanism of the world to counter the abnormal imbalance.))
((I thought the situation was too dire to try to contact him right away, but ye, I figured it would be ok for Dahak to have some knowledge of it, since he was also a wizard, as long as he doesn't know everything. He's kind of doing a gambit at the moment, hopefuly he won't mess up and turn the world into jelly or something :v))
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 07, 2016, 01:45:38 am »

Keep trying until he's out of the river.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 146