Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295659 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #765 on: March 02, 2016, 03:18:47 pm »

((You should have heard me reading this turn. I'm a bit tired right now, so reading those double 5's, then seeing all the monsters die, and your message to not take them on... I was giggling maniacally in a "TEEHEE HEE, TEE HEE HEEEEEEEEE HEEEE...." sound. Oh, and I might just kill them all.))
((I've noticed they don't seem to have mages. Good luck hitting vaporized mana which can drain your life and fling balls of energy at you, dick-bags!))
((You must be tired indeed ! They used various spells during the battle : they are magical-knights !))

((Oh, and because it's the 4th stage, you gain two attributes bonuses. More into power or another stat too ?))
Uh oh.

Oh, all into power.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 02, 2016, 05:24:56 pm »

KILL. KILL. KILL.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 02, 2016, 09:37:19 pm »

Turn 39 : Everyone

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
FLY STRAIGHT UP!!!
[5] You begin elevating in the air despite the threatening presence of the archers, and a sudden upward wind current makes you soar at high speed into the sky ! The humans are completely baffled, it seems like you got a sudden boost of speed out of nowhere.
Far into the sky and above the clouds, you are out of range of arrows and spells.

It's cloudy, you can't see much, except that the sun is soon going to set.

Passive mana regen roll : 1d4
[2] You recover 2MP

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Use fear and illusions to stop humans from escaping. Proceed control-slaughtering them.
[4] For the first time you decide to use your illusion magic. Focusing your mana and imagining the illusion, you skillfully unleash terrifying illusions on the fleeing soldiers and villagers in your line of sight !
You lose 5MP

[1] You then intend to chain the illusions with more mind-control, but the illusions turn out to scare the humans so much that their minds are a bumbling mess instinctive fear impossible to control !
You lose 4MP

Mind-controlled soldiers : 2
[2, 3] They don't break off your mind control, and continue obediently following your orders.
You lose 2MP

[4] They attack nearby villagers and fellow soldiers, taking advantage of the confusion caused by the fear.

Astrosa murder-rampage roll :
[2] The terrified villagers hide inside their houses, slowing down Astrosa.

Fleeing Roll :
[1] Because of the chaos created by your illusions and the innate fear of the humans,

Losses :
1d6 [4] Villagers
1d4 [1] Soldiers

Villagers left : 90
Soldiers/Adventurers left : 12

Snehk the Stalker
Disappear and search for weakest spots.
[Yo, you stink bro][1] You disappear and sneakily approach the monster. At least, you think you did, while in fact you didn't. Moreover, your strong smell is giving away your presence.
The monster turns toward you and stand on its back legs, it is enormous, nearly three time taller than you !

"You think I wouldn't have spotted such an evident smell ?!" he roars menacingly.

Bear-like monster roll :
[6] vs [2] The huge bear charges at you, and claws you with incredible force ! You try to protect yourself but the blow is so strong that you feel your bones shattering and your skin tearing apart. You are projected four meters backward !
But because of the sudden wild attack without proper stretching first, the bear's back stiffen painfully !

"Ow my back !" says the bear.

"You lose 6HP"

Caedan the Vampire
"I never wanted to fight you people, so how about we all stop fighting before I'm forced to do the same to you, eh? Leave his corpse though. I'm taking it as reparations."

Bluff. If they leave me alone, drink the guy once he's safe to drink. If they want to keep fightan, run like a bitch.
[Brave scared peasants]
[2] The peasants totally don't buy your bluff. They believe you wanted to kill them in their sleep, and won't go down without a fight. But they are mere peasants, and the psychological effect of seeing an adventurer suddenly explodes is quite traumatic. They regroup, adopting the defensive formation of "let's group to feel safer".

Thankfully they don't attack you, but are clearly not going to let you take this corpse.

[3] Seeing the odds aren't in your favor, you decide to make a run for it. The peasants don't want to pursue you, they are too scared to do so. You escape safely.

Passive mana regen roll : 1d4
[3] You recover 3MP

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
"Of course, Vagush. We're happy to have you."

Comfort our new friend, then start moving towards the surface. Recover MP on the way, I guess?

((...And here I was thinking that this guy would slaughter me without a thought. I guess you shouldn't judge an insectile abomination by its carapace.))
[Toward new adventures]
You comfort Vagush, who is still sobbing a little. Together, you set toward the surface. Heading where ? You don't know, but you know that many adventures await you...

Finally outside, you look at the sky. The sun is setting, you spent nearly a day in the underground tunnels. It feels nice to smell some fresh air. You are still in the great sand desert.

Vagush tells you what he knows about the surroundings.
"Far to the north, there is a human territory. To the east-north-east, there are the Radasars territories. But I heard they were expanding, that's really weird if you think about it."

Passive mana regen roll : 1d6
[3] You regain 3MP

Vagush, Armored Scarablade has joined you in your adventures !

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
((>:v! egads mode is still on))

Dahak's bones shiver creating a sound akin to an epileptic xylophone, but then he can hear the word echoing in his head

..."1"? Really, 1? Whats this, some sort of otherwordly bingo? Seriously, you come from the plane of pure suck to tell me about the number 1, you geriatric spawn of yog sothot?!

Dahak spurts so many incredible insults that such moment can only be properly represented by this video.

Then a flash of otherwordly realization comes into Dahak's mind, almost a reflex, giving him otherwordly awareness of the situation.

Otherwordly situations require otherwordly measures!

Dahak then tries his hardest to mentalize the number "5" in his mind, repeating in both mentally and verbally at the thing before him.
Then he realizes this is probably really stupid. Anyway, he decides he can't fight this thing directly, and that he can't rely on Delinde, at least not for now.

Try to get more distance between you and the cabin, slap Delinde so she FUCKING SNAPS OUT OF IT JESUS CHRIST AND BECAUSE SHE'S ACTUALY SOMEWHAT HEAVY TO CARRY, tell her to run away back to the cemetary, then do a quick read of the ritual to forcefuly close openings to the corruptor world and the ritual for controlling the link between Dahak and the corruptor world, and see if you can perform them without Delinde's help.
[The Karmic Infernal Spiral]
[6] You slap Delinde with force to snap her out of her terror, and it works with unexpected efficiency.
"Ouch ! she says, and slap you back with at least two time the force of your own slap.

You hurriedly tell her to get the hell out of here while you think of a solution. She refuses to leave, and stays by your side.
Quickly reading through the various rituals Morvad created and thought of, you select the ritual to forcefully close a passage as the most appropriate for this situation.

Reading through the material, you realize some of them are in the basement ! Thankfully Delinde points out at the same moment that there is another entry to the basement, some sort of emergency exit.

Thing from Another Plane roll : [1] ((it's seriously pumping 1s like nothing)) -and in case you didn't realize, rolls are different for the sphere. A 1 is the best for it and worse for you, while a 5 is the worse for it and best for you. A 6 is bad for it and bad for you too-
The fog reaper detects the threat and automatically engages it. But once its scythe tip makes contact with the sphere, the fog reaper instantly vanishes, destroyed. As for the gate, it seems to be stabilizing. If it reaches the point of final stability, it will be impossible to close.

The black sphere then suddenly emits a single pulse. You feel it passing through you and continuing, propagating farther into the world.

You have a terribly bad feeling.

((next turn is gonna be bad. For everyone.))

Gray the Metaldee
Go deliver the message to the Sentinel and say goodbye, then head out to the North, unless anything else comes up that the Sentinel wants help with. Say goodbye to the Metal Guardian on the way out.
[Gray the Postdee]
You leisurely head back to the Vault, meeting the Sentinel again. You pass the message, and the Sentinel reads it.
"A...poem and an invitation ? It's from Dovarus you said ? Hmm. Thank you, and I wish you a good journey."

You leave, passing by the great hall and saluting the Metal Guardian. Oddly, the Metal Guardian waves back. Wasn't it just a machine ?

Brown and you head to the North. Toward the Copper Desert and the Ashafan Kingdom.

[3] Nothing particularly interesting happens during your trek. You eventually reach the limit between the plain and the arid desert. Brown is a bit distressed by the heat.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
He would do something akin to a nod at the prospect.
"The proposal is agreeable, as those that fall in battle will feed our kin. However, we are not entirely reliant on meat for sustenance.
I have a second proposal, as well. You undoubtedly want to know why the attacks are taking place, correct? Our soldiers can attempt to bring their soldiers into the hivemind, and extract whatever knowledge they hold provided the both parties survive. If you are willing to offer us any other food sources you can think of, We can try to help prepare you for the following strikes."

[More alliance and diplomacy]
[4] Amarilys listens to you carefully, and answers when you are all over.
"Your help is a godsend. We effectively lack intelligence on our enemies, and we don't know their motives. We Sylvarians don't own the forest, and we don't need as much sustenance as other creatures. We only feed on the nutrients of the ground and contained in the various plant-life of the forest. We are not hunters, and in these times of war, we can't allow to allocate extra resources to other domains.

"I fear we couldn't offer you any food. But we control a large part of the forest, so these hunting grounds would be safer for your kin."

She looks at you, silently asking you if you have anything else to say.

Squishy the Great Earth Mana Wisp
Name : Squishy?!?
Species : Mana Wisp
Appearance : The amorphous form of the Mana Amorphoid has evaporated into what appears to be a cloud of pure, concentrated mana. It's pwetty!
HP or MP increase : MP up by five, HP up by two. Or something. Whatever happens at this point.
Attributes increased : Power
Traits gained : Ethereal: Physical attacks against this being might not prove so useful, but that also means that it cannot physically attack others. (Basically, strong debuff to any non-magical attacks to it, and no more mashing other people for me :c)
Skills gained : Absorb: The Mana Wisp can quickly drain the life energy of those around it and convert it into pure mana. It works better upon a single individual, but can be done against a crowd at a lower efficiency.
[Transformation]
Transformation Success Roll : [2]

With the sudden accumulated essences, your body undergoes a last-minute transformation. Your whole structure violently explodes, turning yourself into a being of pure mana.

You gained +2 Power, +8MP and +4HP
You lost the trait Sharp Body
You lost the trait Transformative
You acquired the trait Ethereal
You acquired the skill Absorb
You are now a Great Earth Mana Wisp !

The Dikaios Knights are all in front of you, spread out in two rows. They are carefully awaiting orders.

The Tales of Five Dark Wanderers: by Bernardo Yhaes, the Living Book
KILL. KILL. KILL.
[KILL PLEASE]
Inhakat roll :
[2] vs [3] With his injured arm, Inhakat fails to land a proper blow on the Alpha. It only mildly bruises him.

Alpha roll :
[6] vs [3] The Alpha charges again at Inhakat, unleashing a series of claws and bites at the wounded Wendigo. He barely manages to protect himself, and takes heavy damages. But the excessive effort from the Alpha reopened its wounds !
Inhakat loses 6HP

Inhakat roll :
[5] vs [3] In a desperate attempt, Inhakat charges at the Alpha and stabs it in an opened wound with a frost bone spike ! The spike enters the wound and pierce even deeper in the Alpha's body, mortally wounding him.
Inhakat loses 2MP

The Alpha rage mode suddenly wears off, and the terrible strain on its body literally crushes him. All his wounds reopen, and combined with the internal damages, it bleeds to death in an instant.
You gain 2 essences. You can transform.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:52:50 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 02, 2016, 09:38:40 pm »

((I'm a bit sick, so the post is probably riddled with errors and other forgotten things. I will check it out later, after sleeping a little.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 02, 2016, 09:53:56 pm »

((Sorry to hear you're sick. Hopefully you get better soon!))

Go for a walk and see what pops up.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »

Try to heal myself somehow. Failing that, look for some small wildlife. Failing that, look for fresh carrion as a last resort.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 03, 2016, 12:29:50 am »

Too slow. Controlled humans shall take their lives right after attacking - keeping their minds controlled is too tiring. Slash every villager I can with my claws, going for any body part for paralysis to work so that I can concentrate on others.

((Seriously, with 1d6, killing villagers would take forever. So, are we waiting for Astrosa to become really mad? Also, I'm tempted in taking Mana Efficiency - I'm constantly loosing too much for too little effect.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 03, 2016, 12:35:55 am »

((Seriously, with 1d6, killing villagers would take forever. So, are we waiting for Astrosa to become really mad? Also, I'm tempted in taking Mana Efficiency - I'm constantly loosing too much for too little effect.))
((You are making a point here, a d6 will take far too long. Should I do a loop until no villagers are left in the village next turn ? I won't use a d6 of course, it will probably be a base kills+dice modifier.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 03, 2016, 12:44:14 am »

((You are making a point here, a d6 will take far too long. Should I do a loop until no villagers are left in the village next turn ? I won't use a d6 of course, it will probably be a base kills+dice modifier.))
((Yeah, please do. In any case, Ulkas would spend MP on illusions only and, maybe, controlling any 'resistace leaders', if they arise. And villagers are unable to physically challenging either of us.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 03, 2016, 01:17:52 am »

((Hope you get well soon, Nakéen.))

"Wow, it's so different than the castle. And it's hot. Neat! Do you want to keep going, Brown?"

Keep going if Brown can take the heat, or head West along the border if Brown doesn't want to go into the desert right now.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 03, 2016, 06:26:57 am »

Immediately pour about 1/4 of my mana into casting mana shove on the door. With any luck, it'll be blasted off its hinges. Actually, cast mana shove from the OUTSIDE, pushing it inside. There's a chance that the door will come flying in and obliterate them all.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 03, 2016, 06:49:39 am »

Try to drag an archer up here with my telekinesis now that they can't hit me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 03, 2016, 07:41:15 am »

((git better Nakeen :v))

Dahak braces himself as the pulse goes through him and expands into the distance. Something really terrible is happening, and its going to affect everything, literally everything.

Dahak realizes he can't just brute force this thing back into the portal, as cool as the idea of suplexing an otherwordly being may be.

Delinde, you go and get into the basement and bring me the notes, whatever the hell this extra dimensional ball of concentrated suck is, it is attracted to me, so I'll stay here and get its attention. AND DON'T YOU GO BATSHIT INSANE ON ME AGAIN.

He then turns to the spherical thing.

Alright you sphere of concentrated alien unlucky snot, I don't care if I have to literally punch you out of this universe, COME AT ME

Dahak then realizes that punching this isn't probably the best idea ever.

Send Delinde to get the notes, then try to SPOOK whatever this thing is. It probably won't do much, but its better then just punching it, and you managed to scare corruptors before, somehow.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:18:03 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 03, 2016, 09:35:17 am »

Whispers of damned, combined with series of claw and weapon attacks.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 03, 2016, 11:29:39 am »

He would listen respectfully, before replying.
"I see. Then with our meeting concluded, We must return to the hive to organize a detachment of soldiers to guard here. We will return upon having gathered a few soldiers."
Without further hesitation, he would turn and set off, back for the hive. There was work to do, and he knew that it would only be the beginning of a possibly dangerous undertaking.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 146