Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295631 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #675 on: February 26, 2016, 09:28:31 pm »

(judging from the map, I am somewhere at the edge of the southwestern border of the copper desert. correct?)
((Yes, that's right.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 26, 2016, 09:36:49 pm »

(I'd like to put my essence points into my companion. That way, I have a beefy meat-shield while I can go through the process of leveling up from scratch again. If that's okay, I'll get started on my sheet.)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:44:39 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 26, 2016, 09:41:23 pm »

(I'd like to put my essence points into my companion. That way, I have a beefy meat-shield while I can go through the process of leveling up from scratch again. If that's okay, I'll get started on my sheet.)
((That's an interesting idea. I will allow it, let's see how it will go))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 26, 2016, 09:44:50 pm »

(As for my companion he will be a Wendigo, or Cannibal if you want a more Euro-American word. In the original Native American myth, they are evil spirits that possess men who cannibalize. They either look like tall, lean skeletal humans or man-beasts, have talons and fangs, are eternally hungry, and have the ability to manipulate the cold wind. Kind of a cross between were-wolves and vampires, with cold magic thrown in for spice. Sound good for my book bearer companion?)
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 26, 2016, 09:46:59 pm »

(As for my companion he will be a Wendigo, or Cannibal if you want a more Euro-American word. In the original Native American myth, they are evil spirits that possess men who cannibalize. They either look like tall, lean skeletal humans or man-beasts, have talons and fangs, are eternally hungry, and have the ability to manipulate the cold wind. Kind of a cross between were-wolves and vampires, with cold magic thrown in for spice. Sound good for my book bearer companion?)
((Heard of the Wendigo, don't remember when though. Maybe while browing something about a chupacabra.
No problem about it, I may tweak it a bit depending on its traits/skills, etc, but it should stays basically the same.))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 26, 2016, 09:59:01 pm »

((:v! interesting plot dumps there, I'll edit Dahak's turn slightly, if only to fit the context))
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 26, 2016, 10:22:31 pm »

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
(As for the companion, I think I'll leave him to the GM to make. I only wish for him to be a Wendigo, and have negative individuality.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:33:51 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 26, 2016, 10:29:20 pm »

(As for the companion, I think I'll leave him to the GM to make. I only wish for him to be a Wendigo, and have negative individuality.)
((Really interesting monster. I will create the NPC based on what you said about him, and will probably complete it with some personal touch or some properties/abilities found on the internet))

EDIT: Was writing the next turn, but I am really too tired to go on. See you tomorrow !
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:40:16 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 27, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »

(I wonder If I will get my second human encounter..)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 27, 2016, 07:43:06 pm »

Turn 34 : Everyone

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Beep affirmatively and absorb the crystal shard. If it only restores Mana, convert some of that mana into HP. If it restores both, then follow Crear and provide mana-spark based backup for him.
[Da Great Escape]
[6] You absorb the mana crystal shard, and feel your mana coming back. But your body is broken and weary from mana-deprivation. You can't control your mana yet, but you manage to use some to heal your body.
[6] You begin converting your mana into body substance, when you suddenly lose control of your skill !
All your mana is converted into HP
You recover all your HP

"Don't force yourself, your body is still weak because of the mana-deprivation. You should stay in the back for now, we have some able comrades."

You follow Crear, and tell him your name. Outside your cell, you hear a lot of fighting. To humans, the roars sound like mindless roaring. But you distinctly hear the meaning behind them. Some are cursing the humans, some are shouting orders. You never saw so much coordination between monsters before.

And they are all of different species. This is a sight to behold. On one side, humans are fighting monsters, on the other side, the way is free.

[2] Suddenly, numerous metal doors close in the tight corridor, blocking your escape route.

[1] Then from the human side, a full corp of soldiers clad in heavy armors appears. They are holding two handed swords one-handed and shields in the other hand. You can clearly see they are far beyond the scope of the average foot soldier. One human guard fighting with a monster shouts :
"It's the Dikaios Knights, we are saved !"

Snehk the Stalker
(( Looks like I'm out of luck. One more try and I'll escape. ))

Whispers again and claw attacks - first legs, then chest and in the end neck. If it all fails, escape.
[The Fierce Battle]
[5] vs [3] Cornered, you resort to throwing all your remaining power into another whisper attack.
You lose all your remaining MP
It works with great success, the human totally loses himself into the whispers, and drop his dagger.

You finish it swiftly with a claw attack to the neck.
You gain 1 essence

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Ulkas taps his chin in deep thought:

"Well, I was intending to go and slaughter them as well... But after meeting some, I'd say that their essence is quite weak, with powerful individuals rare and far between. Killing a dozen or so strong warriors should be enough for me to reach 4th stage, yet I'm not sure if same amount would give you any progress. On the positive side, humans are numerous and easy to find... We may achieve interesting results if we instill soul-crushing terror into their hearts before going for a kill - it should help with preserving their essences for better consumption."

"On the other hand, monsters living inside these woods are quite tasty and powerful, yet hard to find. Depending on how severe your current limitations are, we may venture to the human lands before returning, or start with hunting now, disregarding weak humans altogether."

Humans or monsters, I have no problems with either. Support my beautiful-crazy demonic overlord!

Multiple opponents: Illusion magic & Aura of Fear.
Several strong ones: Control & In-fighting.

Spoiler: About Demoness (click to show/hide)
[Wings of craziness]
"Ah, you are really smart~ You are right on everything, expect about the humans individual strength. Indeed, if you were to only kill the humans living in the villages not far from there, you would only find weaklings... But the deeper you get into human lands, the more common powerful individuals become."

"And the best about it is that if you want to drag powerful humans to you, you just have to kill other humans ! It's a win-win situation !"

She seems delighted thinking of the possible carnage.

"Let's go. To the west" she says before expanding her beautiful wings and soaring into the sky.

You follow her, and you both fly toward the west, toward the human territories.

"Will you narrate me your story since I last met you ? I'm interested in how you got so much power, despite the weak monsters of the forest. Did you kill a lot of creatures ? Or did you destroyed a lifetree ?"

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
Dahak cannot describe the undescribable, incredibly deep and potentialy awkward feeling of kinship he feels by finally remembering that his master did, in fact, have as much style as he does.

He then immediately puts on his master's sunglasses, over his second pair of eyesockets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He then proceeds to read up the passages in the diary. Most are too painfuly emotionaly charged to be read wihout clanking a few bones in reverence.

Hmmm, apparently the old man's genius didn't fade when I wasn't around, either. If anything he became more obstinate. Seems I've become the anchorpoint of the plane of pure suck or something. This explains why the village has become a twilight zone full of tormented souls and extra dimensional dweeb corruptors, AND MAYBE MY INHERENT ABILITY TO ATTRACT SHITTY SITUATIONS, and also why I can apparently scare even things that technicaly shouldn't be able to feel fear.

He apparently died before he found out anything conclusive on how to undo the whole situation. Obviously it has to do with unlinking my soul from whatever is connecting me to the mind rape dimension, and it clearly had something to do with essence. WELP, I guess this gives us a lead, we need to more essence >:v!

Resquiat in pace, you magnificient bastard..! ;~;7

Dahak swears to scare a small child in his honour, in the nearby future.

Before going on an all out essence hungry rampage though, you mentioned a basement. Can't leave without checking the basement, like my mother used to say!

Dahak's mother never actualy said that.

Dahak adjusts his two pair of sunglasses and then nods at delinde, its time to explore the basement!

Find a way into the basement and search it, surely there might be something useful there.

[Morvad's Basement]
Delinde follows you closely without saying a word. She walks at a slow pace, probably because of the nostalgia of the place.

You enter into the basement. It's a huge piece, far bigger than the small cabin. There are magical tools and books everywhere, and some notes on a desk.

[6] You stumble upon the desk full of notes. Delinde says something at this moment :
"Morvad always said you would understand these notes."

You read them. It's written in the code you both used to hide your discoveries. Fortunately the code knowledge is still etched into your mind as you clearly understand the notes. There is a vast amount of knowledge in there. Some of this knowledge is incredibly dangerous.

Dozen of rituals and processes, all of them extremely complex. Many theories about the corruptor world and the nature of essences.
One ritual could theoretically sever the bond between you and the corruptor world.
Another that could theoretically forcefully close the passage if the previous ritual failed.
Another that could theoretically allow you to harness the power of the corruptor world.
Another that could theoretically allow you to control the bond between you and the corruptor world.
There is even one that is a revised ritual to connect to the spirit world.

And the materials for all of them are here.

Morvad, this crazy bastard. He thought of everything he could.

Then Delinde bring you to a chest. She takes out a key and opens it. There are some strange metallic boxes inside and a note. She gives it to you.
"To Dahak, If you were to rise again.

This is all the essence I could gather during my experiments. There isn't much, but if you come back as an undead, it may be of help to you. May we meet again.

Your brother in glasses, Morvad

Stormslayer the Ardaian Mirage Beetle Hero
He notices the patch of green with interest, and begins heading towards it. This could be a potential hunting ground, though often calm places hold dark secrets.
[The neighbor's lawn always seem greener. Well, especially when you live in a desert.]
You both head toward the green patch of land.

[5] After hours of traveling, you reach the first patches of grass. Exploring further, you discover an abundant presence of unknown lifeforms. You never saw so much potential food in one place. Guard-kin is as amazed as you are.

Yet you both decide to investigate this new environment a little more. With the sand golems incident, you learnt to tread carefully when in unknown lands.

There are trees and vegetation everywhere. Lush and rich, full of life. Far from the harsh conditions of the desert.
You notice strange trees, different from the others. Huge and pulsing with force, guarded by a powerful colossus. They seem to be linked with a people of humanoid monsters made of wood and vines. This is very useful information.

Then you find an isolated Sylvarian, he hasn't noticed you.

Gray the Metaldee
[Transformation]Species : Metaldee
Appearance : Still blob-like in appearance, but now Gray has two oblong arms and feet. In short, he's shiny metal Kirby now. With a hat.
HP or MP increase : HP
Attributes increased : CON
Traits gained : Morphous- Replaces Amorphous, Gray can now take on and hold forms, even though his body retains its liquid-like appearance and consistency.
Skills gained : Engulf- Engulfs all or a portion of the target, restricting it's movements and quickly digesting it

Gray feels satisfied at having found the food he craved, but that satisfaction was soon replaced by surprise as his body started to shift. When it stopped, he waved one of his new appendages in front of his face. He had arms now! And feet! And a face! What a strange and fortunate event.

"That's it! That's what I was craving! But what was it, Guardian? And where can I find more?"

Transforming, hopefully.
[Gray evolved into...]
Transformation Success Roll : [2]
This strange food you ate feels incredibly vivifying. Your body pulse with energy, and you feel it changing !
Four appendages appear on your body. Stubby arms and feet. You are no longer a simple blob ! Your body enlarge a little too, you feel like your stomach is larger than before.

You gained +1 Constitution, 5HP and +2MP
You lost the trait Amorphous
You acquired the trait Morphous
You acquired the skill Engulf
You are now a Metaldee !

You notice that Brown is also changed. He doesn't have arms or feet, but is actually chubbier and bigger than before.
Brown is now a Large Dirt Blob

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
I shall Finish Eating then Sleep....
[Good meal good sleep]
[6] You finish your meal, filling your stomach, and fall asleep. You are so exhausted, you feel like sleeping or days...
You recover 4HP
You recover 10 MP

(something may found you when you wake up...)

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
"Of course you can. Here, hop back on."

Let the child onto my back again, then walk through the tunnels in search of something interesting. If he feels like talking, have a chat. And ask his name. Probably past time I did that.
[His name is...]
Bruce Wayne

You explore the tunnels in search of an exit or something of interest with the child on your back. You begin speaking about your many adventures, the Guardian Trio, the evil humans and the terrible scorpion... The child is amazed, he drinks your stories like legends of a hero.

He then lays on your back face front, and begins speaking of him.

His name is Tirim, his father was Orom. They were the last surviving members of a small tribe of Quartzen, a species of humanoid crystalline beings known for their incredible regenerative properties. But they were wiped out by a tribe of Radasars, a species of reptilian humanoid -his aggressor was one of them- and he and his father fled.
He speaks of their long and harsh journey. Of the Radasar that tracked them for their cores. His father told him their cores were highly sought by other monsters knowledgeable of their properties.

Then he stops talking, and falls asleep on your back, exhausted mentally and physically.

You recover 2MP on the way

[6] After many empty and tortuous tunnels, you find a room with a strange crystal in the middle. But there are two red Radasar seemingly guarding it.

Caedan the Vampire
Caedan the Campire
((Campire? Good idea, I just need to find a sniper rifle.))

The gods have something against me.

They do.

Just stab it then. It's a waste of blood, though.
[6] ((and of course now it works :P))
You reluctantly decide to stab the creature with your sword, knowing the spilled blood will be a waste.
You lunge forward with the skill of a nobleman, and pierce its heart. Blood spills everywhere, and some even stain your clothes.

But suddenly, the blood boils ! It burns at your skin ! Your skill worked, but the creature inner magic negated it, now outside, the blood is fully boiling !

The creature dies of blood loss, but you are running around with boiling blood on your skin. This is as pleasant as it sounds.
You lose 3HP
You acquire 1 essence

The Tales of Fice Dark Wanderers: by Bernado Yhaes, the Living Book < longer name than ZoomochScoomtarto, GM is not amused >:(
[Bernardo Yhaes must have been a great man. Or woman.]
"So hungry...meat..." says Inhakat with a raspy voice.

He looks at the book. His precious book. Then at the plain. The wide plain. He has been walking for days. North, always further north. Far from the frozen forest he lived in. Looking for something, guided by the book.
"Where ?...To go ?..."

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:43:10 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 27, 2016, 07:46:52 pm »

((I may have made mistakes, don't hesitate to point them out if sheets are not updated...))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 27, 2016, 07:49:37 pm »

Kill the fuck out of the humans using.... errr.... uhh.... actually, try to regain some mana. If that fails, then convert some HP into mana... just a bit. Then MANA SPARK THE FUCK OUT OF THEM! They've thoroughly pissed me off now >:C

[5]'s please, cmon RNG-Jesus!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:13:40 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 27, 2016, 07:53:42 pm »

Kill the fuck out of the humans using mana sparks. They've thoroughly pissed me off now >:C

((You are out of mana !))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 27, 2016, 08:05:18 pm »

"Another golem, but this one is made of plants. Perhaps a greeting is in order, rather than a ambush. We should avoid disturbing the big sleeping ones."
He would quietly say to his guard kin before moving forward and revealing himself to the sylvarian, waiting to see how they react before he assumes hostility.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:12:22 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 27, 2016, 08:13:53 pm »

Kill the fuck out of the humans using mana sparks. They've thoroughly pissed me off now >:C

((You are out of mana !))

((Fix'd.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 146