Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295479 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #600 on: February 24, 2016, 05:59:12 pm »

"Ah, such a beautiful night."

Admire the scenery for a while longer and walk to the forest. Look for a creature I could sink my teeth into.
(( That haunted village needs a backstory... ))
((It does have one. While the full backstory isn't known to us yet, there are some things we know. For example, if you'd read through Ferratus' adventure, you'd find out that his soul buddy's family lived there, before their unfortunate demise.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2016, 05:59:45 pm »

Mmmm-urk-ngt!

Answering his question would have been much easier with a functional mouth. Too bad Glint didn't bother with it earlier.

Break free and bite his head (injecting venom, of course). If that doesn't work, try and overload my ice/electricity duality into some sort of aura.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #602 on: February 24, 2016, 06:01:35 pm »

Turn 30a : ZoomochScoomtarto

Make like that tree and LEAF, Looking for humans.
[2] You leave the strange tree, with the Sylv Guardian carefully watching you.

You get kind of lost in this verdure labyrinth. You would like to find humans, but you don't really know where to look for.
It's night time, but you can't even see the sky because of the canopy.

You get a sudden idea. Hey, why not just flying above the trees ? You do so, managing to slide in the thick branches and emerge upward. It's really pretty up there, why didn't you do this earlier ?

You get your answer not soon after. A screech from the sky alarm you, and a large bird-like creature dives toward you !

Spoiler: ZoomochScoomtarto (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:26:59 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 24, 2016, 06:05:45 pm »

Telekinesis That Overgrown Turkey Downwards, If I'm lucky It'll be Impaled on the Branches...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 24, 2016, 06:14:54 pm »

Turn 30b : ZoomochScoomtarto ((actually giving you 3 free turns, so one more counting this one))

Telekinesis That Overgrown Turkey Downwards, If I'm lucky It'll be Impaled on the Branches...
[3] He is far, but you still try to use your telekinesis to bring it down !
You lose 3 MP

Thanks to your intense power, and the bird misses you and slams into some branches ! It emerges from it, flapping angrily and visibly not really hurt. This monster is a large bird with black feathers, it's eyes are as black as the night and its talons are extremely sharps.

Bird roll : [5]
"Such a strange trick for my dinner" he says before flapping with such force that he get back into the sky and the powerful wind send some leaves and splinters in your eye ! It stings, and you are temporarily blinded !

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:27:10 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 24, 2016, 06:21:37 pm »

Fire My SLOW ray Wildly, It's bound to hit and bring that bird down by a good amount of speed Perhaps it will even "Down" it.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 24, 2016, 06:26:27 pm »

Turn 30c : ZoomochScoomtarto

Fire My SLOW ray Wildly, It's bound to hit and bring that bird down by a good amount of speed Perhaps it will even "Down" it.
[2] ((damnit))
Blinded, you fire your slow ray in every possible directions but it completely misses the mark !
You lose 3MP

Bird roll :
[3] The bird is amused by your wild firing. He lacerates you with its powerful talon, but in your blind agitation you accidentally dodge the talons ! You are only grazed by them, but it's enough to slice your thick skin. You are bleeding and in pain !
You lose 3HP

((Pokemon low life music intensifies))

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:27:24 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 24, 2016, 06:27:46 pm »

This is starting to annoy me... MAUL IT, IT WONT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE MY JAWS!!!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 24, 2016, 06:58:05 pm »

"Just wandering to see what I might find. What are you doing?"

Converse. Check alchemical lab for leftover powerful reagents or something, maybe under the tables or behind shelves.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:54:43 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 24, 2016, 07:14:03 pm »

Dahak isn't sure about how he feels about putting bones inside himself.. Well, inside his ribcage, at least.
Dahak is very happy he doesn't have to insert anything up his pelvis, at least.

Anyway, it seems like its a pretty simple way of healing, Dahak is happy to know its so simple. He's also pretty happy that he didn't try to do this while having A GODDAMN HOLY DAGGER inside of him. Storing it there just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bluh, well, this is fine, I'll just gather me some extra bones from these not so undead fellas around here. I'M KEEPING THE DAGGER THOUGH, I kinda got a attached to it. I was even thinking of a name for it! Something cool like... Bartholomew? Wilson? Hank? Jack Slate? GG Allin? Varg Vikernes?

Dahak resolves to find a better way to store his dagger. Having a holy dagger as an undead IS rather dangerous, though, but Dahak just can't let it go. It may come in handy later. Dahak dreams of one day pranking a blind Lich with his dagger, by handing it to her and saying its a toothpick.

I feel better now, thanks for the help shorty, I would prob be bonemeal now if it wasn't for you help. Explain to me whatever monologue you got stuck in your mind.

Dahak pats Delinde on the head like a big brother figure. He then realizes it might hurt a bit to be patted by a large hand consisting of only bones.
He's ok with this.

Grab more bones and continue stuffing them into your ribcage while listening to whatever Delinde has to say. You need to try and recover quickly! Ever since you met that stupid flying demon dweeb, you feel an urgency to get stronger and find out more about yourself.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 24, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »

(writing the turn. It's strange how the dice is clearly trying to kill some specific players. It's probably alive and sentient, beware...)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 24, 2016, 09:30:11 pm »

(writing the turn. It's strange how the dice is clearly trying to kill some specific players. It's probably alive and sentient, beware...)
Knowing my luck?
Spoiler: Uh oh. (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 24, 2016, 11:01:37 pm »

(so just how badly am I screwed?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 24, 2016, 11:03:14 pm »

((Nah, not you. I don't know what you did, but the dice is throwing 5s at you))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2016, 11:58:56 pm »

The dawn rays are breaking through the few clouds.
It is morning, a new day begins.

Turn 31 : Everyone

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
"I am not alive, so I will be fine"

Punch the Tree, then charge the formation
The Sylvarian looks at you surprised :
"You...got a point. But beware, we don't know how the Sylv Guardian will react to you."

He then goes to meet up with the other Sylvarians.

You run toward the tree, passing by the passive plant giant. Arriving right in front of the massive three, you take a second to get a full grasp of its height. Then, you land a powerful punch on the tree.

[1] ((this. is. bad.))
The tree shakes slightly from the impact, and leaves rain down on the ground. For a moment, nothing happens. Then a sound of wood cracking is heard, like if someone was unblocking its stiff articulations. The Sylv Guardian activates, and punches the ground with its four arms.

The golden light of its "head" turns bright purple, and the four-armed colossus turns toward you.

You intended to charge at the formation, but the Sylv Guardian is blocking your path and you can clearly see it is going to charge at you !

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Runrunrunrunrun Float away down the passage until I near the mana crystals. Then, siphon MP from it and convert it into HP. If they follow me regardless, use a mana disruptive wave on them.
You float like a madmorphoid, floating for your life like you never did before. Cursed be those humans ! All you wanted was to be friends, almost. They don't seem to follow you, that's your luck. You arrive at the mana crystals depth, and begin sucking the mana out of them.

[1] But it doesn't quite work, your mana is still completely disturbed by the energized mana attack, and your mana is instead drained by the crystals.
You lose 11 MP
[1] ((the dice ! It wants blood !))
You panic, and decide to use the few mana left you have to regenerate your body. But the crystals absorb your mana at a wild pace, and you fall unconscious from the sudden power drain !
You lose all your remaining MP

You fall unconscious.

When you wake up, you are no longer in the crystal caves. How long have you been knocked out ? You feel empty of all your energy, and extremely weak. Hey, what is this ? There is a strange metal grid around you. Then you realize there are humans surrounding you, they are speaking. You recognize the Magus Captain and the monstrologist from before.

"We were insanely lucky it ended up passing out. I don't know what happened down there, but it was totally emptied of its energy" notes the captain.
"Studying it will represent a huge step forward in our comprehension of what is going on with monsters" says the monstrologist.

You have been caught.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
"Then lets settle this peacefully. We want to pass through your lands to reach the southwest. We are willing to bargin for safe passage. You will act as our Emissary."
He would let go of the core, and wouldn't resist the two that grabbed him.
[5] You let go of the core, and the two golems release their hold on you. Before you rise another golem, this one is visibly sturdier and stronger.
"I am the right hand of our people chief. I understand your position, and offer my sincere apologies for our offense."

He bows to you, and resumes his talk :
"We are extremely wary from other living beings since the recent movements of the humans and monsters. I will act as an Emissary in the place of my comrade. We should have no problem letting your kin pass through our lands as long as you cause us no troubles, a meeting with your leader would assure us of your honesty."

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Meditate for a bit, then search for prey. I really want to bath in fresh blood after meeting this skeleton.
[3] You meditate in this calm place for a while, gathering your forces. Some of your wounds heal, and you recover some energy.
You recover 2HP
You recover 5MP
Feeling better, you decide to hunt for some prey to replenish your forces.

[5] You quickly detect a lone creature nearby. It's a rather large bear-like monster, it's fur is black. You track it, and eventually reach its lair, and wait for it to fall asleep.
You are just above the unsuspecting creature, ready to strike.

Snehk the Stalker
Disappear, if it fails say something like It's dangerous wandering in the night... I still can't find my lair! and run away.
[6] You quickly disappear, leaving the human completely baffled. You can't resist saying something, and drop with a dark and badass voice :
"It's dangerous wandering in the night... I still can't find my lair !"

It scares the hell out of the human, and he runs toward the caravan screaming. The alarmed caravan decides to reevaluate the threat and a blazing line of flames fly toward you !
[4] You dodge the attack, but the heat still hurts you a bit.
You lose 1HP

[6] Gotta go fast ! You run away, leaving the panicked humans behind. You don't know it, but this encounter would double the protection of the various settlements of the surroundings, on account of a terrible invisible monster of the night immune to fire and capable of teleportation...

Caedan the Vampire
"Ah, such a beautiful night."

Admire the scenery for a while longer and walk to the forest. Look for a creature I could sink my teeth into.
[5] Such beauty. You are awed at the grandeur of the sky and the stillness of the night. You walk leisurely toward the forest, feeling no danger around. It feels like a pleasant stroll. The sun begins to set in front of you, it's marvelous. The sun's heat feels good on your pale skin -it's not like you would catch fire that's crazy and impossible-.

You eventually reach the forest, and you luckily find a still asleep monster. Some kind of big herbivore, with beautiful antlers and strange marks on its fur.

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Mmmm-urk-ngt!

Answering his question would have been much easier with a functional mouth. Too bad Glint didn't bother with it earlier.

Break free and bite his head (injecting venom, of course). If that doesn't work, try and overload my ice/electricity duality into some sort of aura.

[3] vs [2] You struggle to break free of its grip, and with much effort you barely manage to break free from the grip !
[5] You immediately bite its head with accuracy and agility, injecting your venom and empowering your bite with ice and electricity !
The combination proves deadly as the reptilian monster slaver from the shock and drops on the ground as his brain is mildly frozen. The venom begins acting, slowly calcifying its head, and the monster dies painlessly.

You gain 2 essences

The yellow crystal humanoid child is still there, unable to move. He seems still frozen in fear despite the death of its aggressor. Maybe he is scared of you.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
This is starting to annoy me... MAUL IT, IT WONT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE MY JAWS!!!
[5] You finally recover your sight, and the bird is going to attack you again. You take the initiative and bite it in the left wing, firmly locking your jaw ! Blood begins spilling, but you are not extremely strong so the wound isn't so deep.
You somehow manage to destabilize it and the bird loses balance and falls !

Bird roll : [1]
The bird tries to recover its balance but totally fail, and fall even further. He slams in the branches, getting many cuts and bruises. Then he falls on the ground directly on solid rock head on, knocking him unconscious !

Gray the Metal Blob
"Just wandering to see what I might find. What are you doing?"

Converse. Check alchemical lab for leftover powerful reagents or something, maybe under the tables or behind shelves.
"You've always been a strange fellow Gray'. I'm doing the usual, consuming the dirt and detritus I can find. You should try it, it tastes great."

[3] You check the lab, but there isn't much left. Empty glass recipients, strange emptied jars... nothing much of interest. You find a small hat, and you decide to wear it. It doesn't look that bad.

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
Dahak isn't sure about how he feels about putting bones inside himself.. Well, inside his ribcage, at least.
Dahak is very happy he doesn't have to insert anything up his pelvis, at least.

Anyway, it seems like its a pretty simple way of healing, Dahak is happy to know its so simple. He's also pretty happy that he didn't try to do this while having A GODDAMN HOLY DAGGER inside of him. Storing it there just seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bluh, well, this is fine, I'll just gather me some extra bones from these not so undead fellas around here. I'M KEEPING THE DAGGER THOUGH, I kinda got a attached to it. I was even thinking of a name for it! Something cool like... Bartholomew? Wilson? Hank? Jack Slate? GG Allin? Varg Vikernes?

Dahak resolves to find a better way to store his dagger. Having a holy dagger as an undead IS rather dangerous, though, but Dahak just can't let it go. It may come in handy later. Dahak dreams of one day pranking a blind Lich with his dagger, by handing it to her and saying its a toothpick.

I feel better now, thanks for the help shorty, I would prob be bonemeal now if it wasn't for you help. Explain to me whatever monologue you got stuck in your mind.

Dahak pats Delinde on the head like a big brother figure. He then realizes it might hurt a bit to be patted by a large hand consisting of only bones.
He's ok with this.

Grab more bones and continue stuffing them into your ribcage while listening to whatever Delinde has to say. You need to try and recover quickly! Ever since you met that stupid flying demon dweeb, you feel an urgency to get stronger and find out more about yourself.
"It's funny, you did the exact same thing when we first met. You didn't realize I was a monster at the time." she says with a hint of nostalgia when you pat her head.

You begin walking around gathering bones and putting them in your chest. She observes your behavior silently for a moment, then says something :
"Efficiency above all then huh, I see. I will begin monologuing then, try to tend your ear. Mmh, where to begin ?..."

She breathes deeply, and begins speaking :
"Let's begin with the very beginning, our encounter. It was...many years ago, you were still a human. You and your master were strange fellows, especially your master, Morvad. You both were some kind of researchers, trying to find a way to communicate with the world of the dead, or what we monsters call the world of spirits."

"After a long journey, you found this village. A far village whose graveyard had a naturally high concentration of unlife force, spawning countless but harmless ghosts. And there was an unusual monster there, looking like a human and speaking like a human, guiding these lost souls in their new unlife. It was me, the Death Fairy.

"I lived there in this crypt. Revered as some kind of small divinity. Villagers thought of me as a spirit protecting their village from "evil undead", but they were still wary and scared of me. Then you and your master appeared before me. It was the first time humans went out of their way to meet me, I was rather curious."

She chuckles a bit.

"Then you patted me on the head, thinking I was a little girl disguised. Your master was so scared that day, he thought I would rip your heads off ! You apologized thoroughly once he told you I was the Death Fairy."

She speaks again with a nostalgic tone :
"I was so surprised. I never met a human not being bothered by the fact that I was a monster. You were so different from the other humans, you didn't feel any ill will toward me or monsters, and even believed that humans and intelligent monsters could live together. Maybe you were a fool or maybe just someone too nice, I didn't really know at the time."

"We quickly became friends. I helped and advised both of you in your quest to connecting with the other world, we talked really often outside. It went on like this for month, those were quiet good times."

She pauses for a whole minute, seemingly mentally preparing herself. As for you, you look rather ridiculous with all those bones protruding from your ribcage, like if you were stacking them in hope of getting suddenly stronger.

"Then one day, Morvad managed to create a ritual to open a gate connecting to the spirit world, thanks to my informations and help. It was a gate that would only allow communicating according to him. I...still don't know why I didn't stop him. Maybe I was too blind ?"

"What happened was the following : on the day of the ritual, I stayed here in case something would went wrong and use my powers to forcefully close the gate. I thought whatever would happen, I could stop it. And in this ritual, you were the "catalyst", the one to serve as connection between both worlds. No danger said Morvad."

"He knew I was attached to you, so counted on this fact to insure that I would close the gate if anything went awry. Morvad was someone very smart and reasonable."

"Then the ritual began. The gate was opened and connected to the other world. But this world, I felt it immediately, it wasn't the spirit world. It was something else I never felt before, an alien world that should never have connected with ours."

You drop a bone you were holding, baffled. This is quite the story, and you don't know what to say. She puts her masked head in her hands and speaks with a trembling voice :
"I don't know what went wrong with the ritual. I checked and double-checked it, it shouldn't have gone wrong. But it connected to this. Once I felt this, I tried to close the portal, to no avail. Something was maintaining the gate open, and an alien force began pouring out of it. You saw them right ? The Corruptors. Neither alive nor dead, closer to a sentient phenomenon. They began appearing everywhere in the village, imprisoning all the villagers souls in less than a hour."

"And you were screaming in pain, something was ripping your very soul."

"So I..."

"...I killed you, severing the connection and closing the gate."

She is sobbing uncontrollably, and her voice is trembling :
"I... I had no choice ! If I didn't, who know what would have happened next ? I felt devastated after this, seeing your lifeless body and your own blood on my mask.

She pauses a moment to calm down, then she resumes with a calmer but sinister voice :
"The lesser Corruptors vanished instantly and the air returned to normal. Morvad who was still alive was as distraught as me, he was blaming himself for this and nearly became mad of pain and sadness. But it wasn't over. When I approached your body, I saw it. Your soul was still connected to the unseen world and wouldn't leave your body."

"So we buried you, and I waited for your eventual return. As for Morvad, he led the rest of his life trying to understand what happened and how to save your soul, in a small house not far from there. He didn't find anything, only that if you were to rise again and that your soul was destroyed, no one could know what would happen. As for the village, it kept a connection with the world and Corruptors still appear there. Fortunately, they disappear if they venture too far."

She then looks at you, and ends with :
"Take your time to digest all this information. If you have any question, feel free to ask me."

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metal Blob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:29:30 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 146