Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295582 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2016, 08:33:08 pm »

Beat down the Fire Magi
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 22, 2016, 09:05:46 pm »

((Looks like the dice are trying to kill Ferratus again. D:))

Crush this barrier. Rush the priest. Crush the priest. I've had enough of these motherf- priests in this motherf- village.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 22, 2016, 09:12:02 pm »

You know, I'm not sure what kind of relationship we had when I was still alive, but it seems a bit creepy :v

Dahak ponders to himself. Really? A tiny death fairy? Suddenly Dahak doesn't feel like knowing more about his pre-death self. I mean, you got fetishes, then you got death fairies. Dahak covers his face with his bony hand, wondering what kind of deviant he used to me. THE SHAME!

Then he snaps out of it because she suddenly conjured a big foggy ghost thing and the thing that was following him found them both. Dahak thinks thats pretty cool. Whatever was following you seems to have found you two, and she can kind of feel its presence.

Oh, hey :v! You know, that whole fear wave thing was really needed at the time. How often do you cross paths with a monster hunting party, hmmm? I mean, what did you expect me to do?! I'm undead, they had two freaking priests with them, the goddamn zealots! I may be a skeleton, but I'm not fond of getting boned!

Dahak realizes this is a terrible situation to be making skeleton jokes.
Then he changes his mind, any situation is appropriate for skeleton jokes. Anyway, this presence kind of makes him think of that one flying dweeb that tried to mind control him back them. What the hell was that, anyway? It was like like an emaciated corpse demon thing. Looked like an enlarged imp that got hit too many times by the ugly stick. Seemed rather powerful, but what does power mean if you have no style?
Dahak feels good being the most stylish skeleton around.

He also feels he should probably do something constructive about this whole situation.

Alas, you have no magic left, but you're still spooky as all hell, and you can't just abandon your ex-girlfriend the death fairy person thing. Prepare to Spook the hell out of anything that decides to show up.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:24:55 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 22, 2016, 09:37:07 pm »

Quickly send mana waves to the heads of the mages, signifying that I am an ally. If this fails and they open fire, dodge like a mad amorphoid, take on the shape of a human, and put out my hands in a peaceful gesture.

((Knowing my recent luck, I'll probably just mind-rape them :l))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2016, 09:50:29 pm »

As they retreated to the main group, he would try to intercept and strike at any that were in reach of his kin, trying to aid the survival of the others before they could be run down.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 22, 2016, 09:53:12 pm »

-lovely snip-
((Love your RP posts, as always))

((The "Death Fairy" isn't some Tinkerbell sized girl. More like, one head smaller than you ? She doesn't appear to have wings, or does she ? Why the hell is it called a fairy anyway ?))

((Your story has basically been : Squishy/Shiny walks around, big meany thingy finds him. Run away/Survive somehow. Explore again. Another threat out for blood. Rinse and repeat.))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:54:52 pm by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 22, 2016, 10:01:29 pm »

((Run away/Survive? I've practically accidentally and brutally murdered EVERYTHING I'VE COME ACROSS.... Minus that red guy. I want to recruit him into my merry band of horrid murder some day. Maybe I'll do that after this.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 22, 2016, 10:02:56 pm »

Ulkas grins and levitates himself into the open.

"Ah, I knew it was beneficial to follow such an unusual undead... Now, I fully understand the Demoness. It's quite rare meeting such interesting beings..."

"Sorry, my thoughts got sucked into the matters of the past. I am Ulkas, the controller. And your companion, oh death fairy, was the first being to surprise me by tearing control in the most unusual way. Now, I'm quite torn at what to do, since I both want to erase his existence into nothingness and consider such action extremely wasteful."

Start peacefully diplomatically. It's always possible to try mind-controlling fairy and ordering her to cease actions, as well as fleeing.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2016, 10:04:46 pm »

((Run away/Survive? I've practically accidentally and brutally murdered EVERYTHING I'VE COME ACROSS.... Minus that red guy. I want to recruit him into my merry band of horrid murder some day. Maybe I'll do that after this.))
((Well, they managed to get an epic fail roll when the whole zone was exploding :x Had you been in their place, you would have ended a fried crystal/slime puddle. But yeah, you did murder them !))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2016, 10:06:25 pm »

((And to think that before us entire populations of monsters coexisted somewhat peacefully in their secluded territories, some of them never venturing outside...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2016, 10:07:38 pm »

((And to think that before us entire populations of monsters coexisted somewhat peacefully in their secluded territories, some of them never venturing outside...))
((It's more like they died when they set foot outside. But because of the transformations power, things are moving.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2016, 11:52:53 pm »

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

((If overload is too powerful, I'd be fine with it requiring a lot of MP or becoming very difficult to target properly.))

Get a move on and see what's after his son. If it looks reasonably weak, blast it with elemental breath. Otherwise, follow it from behind.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 23, 2016, 12:55:30 am »

((If overload is too powerful, I'd be fine with it requiring a lot of MP or becoming very difficult to target properly.))

Get a move on and see what's after his son. If it looks reasonably weak, blast it with elemental breath. Otherwise, follow it from behind.
Seems pretty fine to me. Overloading will also inflict you some weak to medium damage to counter balance the powerful effect.

edit: writing the turn. Currently on Ferratus turn, he is getting his ass handed :/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:23:46 am by Nakéen »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 23, 2016, 03:36:26 am »

Well... To be honest I don't want to work for them. As you said, they are a bunch of fools. One of your tales was really interesting - the one about monsters living among humans. These times should be back! This would be my new goal, I'm breaking my bonds with demons and alike, to serve a better cause! - Snehk says. After a while he asks - May I rest in your lair this night?

Talk and then rest of he agrees.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 23, 2016, 05:08:36 am »

Turn 29 :

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
Beat down the Fire Magi
[5] Rushing at the helpless magus, you turn him into some fine magus paste. As simple as this.
You gather 2 essences

Ako roll :
[1] Another arrow flies toward Ako. He doesn't manage to dodge it, and is directly hit in the head by the poisonous arrow. His whole body begins to wither, starting with his head. He falls, unconscious and slowly dying.

General battle rolls :
Sylvarian : 3d6 + 3 [terrain bonus] = 9 + 3 = 12 (-1 d6 because of loss of leader)
Human : 4d6 - 1 [fire magus dead]= 11 - 1 = 10 (-1 d6 because of loss of leader)
=> -1 in each camp and -2 in Human camp (not counting Robobert and Ako battle result -Robobert fruit support included-)
Sylvarian numbers : 9 + Robobert
Human numbers : 15

You look around you, there are only knights and archers left, and less than ten Sylvarians able to fight. Ako is on the ground, withering, and the battle rages.

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
((Looks like the dice are trying to kill Ferratus again. D:))

Crush this barrier. Rush the priest. Crush the priest. I've had enough of these motherf- priests in this motherf- village.
[3] You brutally strike at the barrier, denting it. But you are still trapped !

"Impossible...we killed it ! Animated Armors can't come back to life once their soul shatter !" says Revick the knight.

"We will think about this later Revick ! Protect me, he will break the barrier soon !" shouts Torim the priest.

Priest Roll :
[4] ((this priest is really good))
"Holy Binding !"

The light threads emerge from the ground and lock you up again. This familiar burn inflicts you great pain.
You lose 5HP

Ferratus Roll :
[2] ((holy wat))
You rage and struggle against the light threads, but can't move !

Priest Roll :
[6] ((Like really really good))
"Now...Damao's Light !"

A burning light shines on you from the sky, and you feel yourself weakening further !
"You lose 5HP"
But the barrier break because of the powerful light ! You are free, but greatly weakened.

((Seriously, you will need insane luck to survive the next turn...))

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
You know, I'm not sure what kind of relationship we had when I was still alive, but it seems a bit creepy :v

Dahak ponders to himself. Really? A tiny death fairy? Suddenly Dahak doesn't feel like knowing more about his pre-death self. I mean, you got fetishes, then you got death fairies. Dahak covers his face with his bony hand, wondering what kind of deviant he used to me. THE SHAME!

Then he snaps out of it because she suddenly conjured a big foggy ghost thing and the thing that was following him found them both. Dahak thinks thats pretty cool. Whatever was following you seems to have found you two, and she can kind of feel its presence.

Oh, hey :v! You know, that whole fear wave thing was really needed at the time. How often do you cross paths with a monster hunting party, hmmm? I mean, what did you expect me to do?! I'm undead, they had two freaking priests with them, the goddamn zealots! I may be a skeleton, but I'm not fond of getting boned!

Dahak realizes this is a terrible situation to be making skeleton jokes.
Then he changes his mind, any situation is appropriate for skeleton jokes. Anyway, this presence kind of makes him think of that one flying dweeb that tried to mind control him back them. What the hell was that, anyway? It was like like an emaciated corpse demon thing. Looked like an enlarged imp that got hit too many times by the ugly stick. Seemed rather powerful, but what does power mean if you have no style?
Dahak feels good being the most stylish skeleton around.

He also feels he should probably do something constructive about this whole situation.

Alas, you have no magic left, but you're still spooky as all hell, and you can't just abandon your ex-girlfriend the death fairy person thing. Prepare to Spook the hell out of anything that decides to show up.
[5] ((I'm beginning to have so much theories about your luck that it may become canon  :o))
With no mana left, you still look at the strange winged demon in front of you, and look him deep into his eyes... You look at him. Fix him into the very soul with the spookiest face ever.

And it spooks him. His thoughts totally thrown into disarray by your spooky face, he can't help but back away and loses focus.

((next part in Ulkas turn))

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Quickly send mana waves to the heads of the mages, signifying that I am an ally. If this fails and they open fire, dodge like a mad amorphoid, take on the shape of a human, and put out my hands in a peaceful gesture.

[6] You try to send mana waves to the heads of the mages, to send "ally signal". There is a problem though. This communication method works wonder between mana-using monsters, but with humans, not so much.
All it does is emit a powerful mana wave that surprises the magic squads. They prepare to cast their spells on you when suddenly...

"Stop !" someone shouts.

It's the Magus Captain of the Magic Squads.

"This monster...is not normal. Stand ground and wait for the monstrologist !" he orders.
"But sir...didn't you feel this powerful mana wave ? Such power, this monster can only be extremely dangerous ! He may be ranked stage 4 or 5 !"
"I know the risk. But I think we should try to capture it and study it. I would like the monstrologist thoughts on this first." answers the Magus Captain.

A scrawny and messy woman suddenly appears next to the Magus Captain. She then takes a look at you, and open her mouth wide.
"Wh-wh-what is this monster !"
"What is it Dr. Vatinsla ?! Is it dangerous ?" asks the Magus Captain, worried.
"I don't know ! This species is an unknown one ! It may...it may be a rumored "Evolving Monster" !"
"This...we should kill it right now if this is true. The directives are firm."
"But this is a one of a kind occasion ! Maybe we could capture it and study it !"

To you, it seems the humans are hesitating. Maybe your friendship wave worked you wonder ?

Stormslayer the Aradian Night Beetle Hero
As they retreated to the main group, he would try to intercept and strike at any that were in reach of his kin, trying to aid the survival of the others before they could be run down.
[4] You run toward the main group, helping your kin long the way.
Aradian numbers : 3
Sand golems numbers : now 9 with more appearing at each minute

General battle rolls :
Aradians (fleeing) : [5+1, 2+1, 5+1]

Two of your scouts successfully reach the main group ! One of them is falling behind, but you help him get back into the course. You are both running toward the main group, and are soon going to reach the safe zone.

The Sand Golems suddenly stop pursuing you, not going further than the last dune you passed. 

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Ulkas grins and levitates himself into the open.

"Ah, I knew it was beneficial to follow such an unusual undead... Now, I fully understand the Demoness. It's quite rare meeting such interesting beings..."

"Sorry, my thoughts got sucked into the matters of the past. I am Ulkas, the controller. And your companion, oh death fairy, was the first being to surprise me by tearing control in the most unusual way. Now, I'm quite torn at what to do, since I both want to erase his existence into nothingness and consider such action extremely wasteful."

Start peacefully diplomatically. It's always possible to try mind-controlling fairy and ordering her to cease actions, as well as fleeing.

[1] ((wow. I can't even apply Dahak spook malus to you. It confirms further my hypothesis about his luck...))
You try to appease the hostile fairy with an honest speech. But she doesn't seem to be buying what you are saying, despite you being perfectly honest. A powerful murderous intent can be feel emanating from her.

Fearing she may attack, you attempt to mind control her to make her stop. But you make the terrible error of glancing at the Spooky Skeleton. And hot damn is he spooky. So spooky that you lose your composure, and totally fail your mind control attempt ! She notices your attempt. You step back brusquely, and combined with the precedent failure, she takes this as some kind of battle stance. The strange fog being attacks you !
You lose 4MP

[1] ((No comment))
The fog being charges at you with so much speed that it feels like it blinked ! Thanks to your reflexes, you dodge the scythe slash and retaliate with your tail, sending it slamming on a gravestone.

"Wait ! We can speak about this peacefully !" you shouts.

[3] Delinde seems to hesitate. She takes a quick glance at Dahak, just to make sure he is safe. The fog being is slowly standing back up.

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore

Transformation Success Roll : [4] ((Just perfect. I wanted this to happen))

You dash faster than the wind, heading toward the child location. Your body is morphing as you sprint.
You feel your elements acting strangely inside your body. Originally, they were always conflicting and vying for control. But now you feel peace, harmony. This is the first time you felt so good since your first transformation.
Electricity and Ice now meld together, appearing on your body as beautiful cyan and golden glassy scales. A chaotic harmony of pure beauty.
But then, an alien power invites itself in your body. Something you know shouldn't be here, but somehow is. Then, a golden core-like jewel appear on your torso.

You gained +1 Power, +5 MP and +2 HP
You lost the adjective Unstable
You acquired the trait Homeostasis
You acquired the skill Overload
You acquired the trait Regenerative Core, independently from your will !
You are now an Elemental Arcanivore

[6] You arrive in a cave. You notice a small yellow crystal humanoid the size of a little boy cornered by a large monster. This monster is an humanoid red reptile with an oversized left arm that ends with a pounder. The creature is two time taller than you.

"Finally, I caught you little brat. Once I will have eaten your core, your father's will be next."

Snehk the Stalker
Well... To be honest I don't want to work for them. As you said, they are a bunch of fools. One of your tales was really interesting - the one about monsters living among humans. These times should be back! This would be my new goal, I'm breaking my bonds with demons and alike, to serve a better cause! - Snehk says. After a while he asks - May I rest in your lair this night?

Talk and then rest of he agrees.
[Darakion, the exposition device]"You..."

Darakion says with a serious tone. Then he suddenly explodes in laughter :
"BWAHAHAHAHA ! HAHA *cough* Haha, aaargh, sorry. You, you are an interesting one ! Sorry if I laughed out loud, what you said was so...surprising. Never in my life have I met a monster thinking like this ! Even the pacifist Sylvarians would rather have the humans disappear."

He is still wheezing.

"Ah, it feels so good to have a good laugh."

Again, he tries to talk seriously, but the wheezing is making his voice funny.

"I wonder if that would even be possible. Since the dawn of times, humans and monsters have been killing and hating each others. Furthermore, there is another problem : monsters are always killing each others too, such that no "monster country" exists."

He is pensive.

"A peaceful world for humans and monsters ?... I wonder how it would look like."

"If you are really serious about your goal, then there is one thing you will need. A human friend."
[/glow]

He pauses a moment, and resumes speaking :

"Woah, can't believe I said it. It even sounds crazy to me actually. I know someone who could help you on that, she is a monster I once met years ago that managed to blend into human society and live within it. Maybe meeting her would be a good start as she also traveled a lot. Her name is Fenia, she lived not far from the village of Doro I think. It's easy to recognize her : long crimson hairs, and always wearing a robe she calls a kimono. Oh, and she has wings instead of arms. I don't know her species though, forgot to ask her."

"You can stay for the night here, as long as you don't try to kill me in my sleep, bwahahaha !"

He laughs, and then finishes with a serious tone :
"Not that you could anyway."

You thus stay for the night with Darakion, speaking and debating all night long.

You both speak of the possibility of monster nations, a peaceful human-monster world, what could monsters and humans achieve together and many more. You feel that both of you are actually visionaries.

You recover all your MP

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:28:47 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 146