Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295735 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #435 on: February 20, 2016, 01:04:51 pm »

Traits gained : Transformative: The Mana Amorphoid can take on whatever shape it pleases (Although it will always be the same size). During the transformation phase, its outer layer becomes gelid like a slime's. But when the transformation is complete, it once again crystallizes. (- Constitution while transforming)...
ROLL [1] TO BECOME A SLIME GIRL YIS

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 20, 2016, 01:31:19 pm »

((NU))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 20, 2016, 01:34:15 pm »

(By the way Dustan, you can transform too. And you will die if you don't transform.)

((NU))
D:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:45:19 pm by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 20, 2016, 02:12:58 pm »

(What exactly would he evolve into though? He might subtly shift to being a bit more free-willed, but for the most part he does not understand how or why he transformed.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 20, 2016, 02:18:56 pm »

(What exactly would he evolve into though? He might subtly shift to being a bit more free-willed, but for the most part he does not understand how or why he transformed.)
((He doesn't understand how it happens, but what is sure is that it inevitably happens when possible. You can slow down the process by focusing, but overall it still happens.
If you don't have any idea, let's brainstorm a little. Worst case scenario, I will force a transformation upon him))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 20, 2016, 02:23:43 pm »

((You lack battle traits and abilities, so maybe you could evolve into a more combat capable form?))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 20, 2016, 02:25:41 pm »

((He doesn't understand how it happens, but what is sure is that it inevitably happens when possible. You can slow down the process by focusing, but overall it still happens.
If you don't have any idea, let's brainstorm a little. Worst case scenario, I will force a transformation upon him))
(For the most part, I intended for him to have it stutter, evolving every other level. The rest of the time, he does not do more than regain health, with new abilities being learned rather than gained with evolution.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 20, 2016, 02:28:13 pm »

((You could go with the "free-will" route. Having a Beetle evolving out of the Hive, and progressively being able to either form its own Hive network, or just completely cut tie with the Hive.
Or you could keep going with the "hive" route, and just get stronger and acquire more abilities. By the way, note that your current Queen is a stage 5 monster, acquired through her long life.))

(For the most part, I intended for him to have it stutter, evolving every other level. The rest of the time, he does not do more than regain health, with new abilities being learned rather than gained with evolution.)
((You don't have to radically change its appearance if you don't feel like it. Feel free to do anything you want))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 20, 2016, 02:38:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 20, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »

((As you only used 1 slot, I will create a skill for you, is that okay ?
If I understand well the traits "Learning", it means it can learn things outside of the Hive control right ?))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 20, 2016, 02:43:06 pm »

((As you only used 1 slot, I will create a skill for you, is that okay ?
If I understand well the traits "Learning", it means it can learn things outside of the Hive control right ?))
(Correct, with skills learned from outside of the hive suffering a slight penalty. So if for some reason a storm ravager wanted to teach him how to create a sandstorm, he COULD, but it would pale in comparison. I am balancing this out by skipping the second skill. It would result in a faster skill gain than others, which may be unfair.)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 20, 2016, 02:46:01 pm »

(What's the level cap in this game? It seems that stage 5-6 is fairly common. Why I ask is because your chart ends at stage 6, and I'm fairly sure there will be a point where you characters stop growing, and at that point, some will decide to retire their character and make a new one.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 20, 2016, 02:50:44 pm »

(What's the level cap in this game? It seems that stage 5-6 is fairly common. Why I ask is because your chart ends at stage 6, and I'm fairly sure there will be a point where you characters stop growing, and at that point, some will decide to retire their character and make a new one.)
(I'm arbitrarily fixing the cap at 10. But evolving in further stages will become increasingly harder and longer. Past stage 4, the essence needed goes up a lot and you suffer a penalty when gathering it.
5-6 are fairly common in the scope of the story, it wouldn't be fun to constantly throw mooks at you :/)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 20, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »

(Set it to 11, because metal, and I like stupid numbers.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 20, 2016, 02:54:19 pm »

(Set it to 11, because metal, and I like stupid numbers.)
(I am fairly sure that 11 is reserved for deites, with 10 being demigod like)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 146