Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295787 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2016, 04:19:56 pm »

( I am going to guess English is not your first language. still, fairly accurate view if it was not documentary style.
Juust waitin on the updop.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2016, 04:31:01 pm »

Thats prob what god does with his spare time :v

Except there's way more WTF involved.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2016, 05:22:59 pm »

( I am going to guess English is not your first language. still, fairly accurate view if it was not documentary style.
(English indeed isn't my first language ! I struggle when it comes to, well, appear "natural". You see what I mean
=>French is my first language, the secret is broken)

EDIT: Next turn is going to take a while to write. Load and load of blooming story lines...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:53:41 pm by Nakéen »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2016, 06:41:44 pm »

(Take your time, I can't even begin to imagine what masterpiece you've got this time)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2016, 06:47:27 pm »

(English indeed isn't my first language ! I struggle when it comes to, well, appear "natural". You see what I mean
=>French is my first language, the secret is broken)

EDIT: Next turn is going to take a while to write. Load and load of blooming story lines...
(you do a pretty good job, though there are a few grammatical errors... or are you using a translator?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2016, 06:51:20 pm »

(you do a pretty good job, though there are a few grammatical errors... or are you using a translator?)
(Ah thanks, I would love if you could point future errors, I hate doing grammatical errors :/
And no, no translator. Just a good old dictionary for obscure words.)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2016, 06:51:45 pm »

The mistakes are minor enough that it doesn't interfere with the syntax too much. Its def not a translator. I've seen native english speakers do much worse, tbh. I'm not a native speaker either :v
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:55:36 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2016, 07:01:51 pm »

Some teaser TempAcc. Dahak luck is really, really weird. I'm now forced to believe he is an Unluck Catalyst, this is glorious.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2016, 07:05:53 pm »

>:v
I knew creating a character based on a fusion of papyrus (undertale) and morte (planescape torment) would result in really odd things.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2016, 07:28:49 pm »

Turn 23

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
They say you need a balanced diet, So I'd best keep chewing on this Stock of Sentient Celery,,,
[6] You chew intensively the helpless wood-man, when suddenly splinter sting your tongue ! Ouch !
Because of this you also bite your tongue really hard, you are bleeding !
You lose 1 HP

The Sylvarian is dead though, thanks for the meal.
You gain 1 essence

You notice the passage from which your prey came from. It seems to lead somewhere.

Snehk the Hidden
(( The writing is great! I'll try to carefully kill that dragon... ))

Torment the beast with whispers some more until it finally passes out unconscious. If it won't work, just run at it with claws, brutally slashing it to death.
[1] You decide to use your Whispers of the Damned once more, set on emptying the dragon of its energy. You focus again, but suddenly lose control at the last second.
You hear the Whispers in your head, incessant and tormenting.
You lose 4 MP
[6] You manage to resist the Whispers, but shout in the process ! The dragon suddenly turns toward your direction, hearing the shout.

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"Haah... Really, Dovarus, I can't thank you enough both for great idea and it's execution. As for what I will do... You see, not long ago, I have met with a being of great power. Initially, she tried to kill me, which was expected, yet changed her mind halfway through and gave me her arm. As I am now, I'm still feeling slightly inferior, so I'll need to gather a bit more power before returning the favor."

"For now, I'm thinking of visiting human lands to the west, to make myself up to date with surroundings and modern knowledge... And what about you, my friend?"
[Ulkas and Dovarus -text and text-]
"As always, I will stand forth and watch the Throne Room." he answers.

Before you leave, he stops you :
"I have something to tell you before you leave. My reason for staying here, and my reason of helping you."

You listen closely.
"I was once known as Dovarus the Loyal, Knight Lord of the kingdom of Valern. I first served under the reign of the king Arenus, it was a long time ago. Arenus...my friend... he was a good king. But in the end, he got assassinated by his brother. A classic case of fratricide among royalty."

His tone begins to become riddled with sadness.
"Arenus was a close friend. On his death bed, he told me the following : Sorry for not being a strong enough king. I failed you all, my subjects, and my friends. Dovarus. I beg of you, protect the people, save the kingdom. Find for them a suitable king.

He pauses for a moment, like if he was mourning. He speaks again, now with a voice filled with regrets.
"I couldn't honor his promise. The kingdom crumbled, the tyrannic king became mad, and the people died. And I couldn't do anything. So, filled with regrets over my life, my soul stayed there, bound to my armor and waiting for a king."

He takes a resolute tone :
"And I found this king. You. On the moment I set my eyes on you, I saw something different. A strong will, a strong potential. I could be wrong, but this what I thought : you have the eyes of a king."

He then bids you good luck, telling you that he would always be there if needed.

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
"Yes, Leaf-Friend, I help. I work because of will, not without. If I say no, I mean no. I say yes, so mean yes. Will not allow dying of Tree-Things, I fight. Now, me follow."

Follow the Leaf-Friend
[Robobert and the Sylvarian]
"Thank you ! Thank you so much !" she bows overly, you find it weird.

"I will lead you to the chief of our forces. He is Ako, one of the strongest Sylvarians."

She leads you to a large tree, a Sylvarian emerges from it. He is clearly different from the regular Sylvarian. He is taller and bulkier than the others, and the glow in his eyes shine with a green glow. This is Ako, Sylvarian Military Chief.
"Amarilys ? He accepted ?" says Ako.

She nods, and bow respectfully.
"Please, stop with the etiquette. Is your brother fine ?"
"Yes, thanks to Robobert"
"I see, Robobert then... It's an honor meeting you."

He bows, Amarilys frown upon seeing this.
"Etiquette huh ?"

Ako doesn't pay attention to the snarky Amarilys, and addresses you :
"Anyway, let's get down to business. Our scouts detected humans movements in the forest. They are heading to one of our Lifetrees, in the West side of the Deep Forest. We will send a force to defend the tree, your force might be of use in this operation. Are you up for it ?"

Shiny the Earth Mana Shard
Lazily float around and make no effort to attack the military. If THEY, attack me, start beeping like a fucking time bomb and get outta there. Errrr... back down to Karalion's cave, not up to the humans.
[2] You try your best to appear peaceful and harmless. But the humans don't care about what you are doing. If you don't move, all for the better then. Three armored humans with large shields and war-sledgehammers appear first, followed by two lightly armored men : they are magi.

Human rolls :
[3, 5] vs [5] ((interesting))
The two magi chants in a strange tongue, and you see mana gathering around them. Then from the first, a bolt of pure mana flies at you. And over the second appears a huge ball of flames, the huge orb big enough to engulf you flies toward you at high speed.
Reflectively, you activate and magnify your Manastatic Field.
The bolt of mana vanishes before hitting you, its coherence disturbed.
The orb of flames engulfs you, but break down prematurely. The flames are burning at you, its painful.
You lose 3HP

"What is this creature !..." shouts the magus who used a mana bolt spell, surprised.

[3] You immediately float away at full speed, beeping like crazy. Suffice to say that the soldiers are a bit confused at your reaction. You arrive at the crystal field, when suddenly, a familiar figure appear.

(encounter roll) : [1] It's the Forar Crystaloid of before. He somehow managed to find your trail and followed you all the way here.

The humans arrive behind soon thereafter, and freeze in fear when they see the Forar.
"FORAR CRYSTALOID !" shouts alarmingly. A sudden alarm resonates loudly in the mine.

"This monster was fleeing from the Crystaloid ! What a mistake !" exclaims the second magus.

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
((JESUS CHRIST))

JESUS CHRIST

Dahak would question himself about where he learned this expletive from, but there's no time for it!

Look, ye gods, if you have something against me, we should probably talk this out.
I'd rather have a loli vampire instead.

Judging from the gods' general disposition and the expressions on the faces of these humans, Dahak recons he's either actualy cursed, the gods hate him, or he just has a really poor sense of direction. All three are likely possibilities.

Not only are they late for the party, but they'll probably want to smash the only decent participant, I hope this village gets cursed again!

Having no choice, wrap yourself in your new cloak and try to sneak away. If they give chase, turn on the Fear Aura and empower it with every last bit of mana to try and spook them off, then run away as fast as possible towards the forest.
[1] ((fate is out to get your ass it seems))
You dramatically wrap yourself in the cloak, imitating something you saw in a vague memory, and run away.
They immediately give chase, shouting "Monster !", "Spooky !" and the like. You try to use your Fear Aura, but a beam of holy light instantly strikes you. It burns at your undeadness !
You lose 8 HP

Humans roll :
[1] "Good job lord Jonas !" A knight says smiling.
"Finish this monster !" he adds.

You see them charging at you in this small street. You are helplessly lying on the ground, in a bad shape.
All hope seems lost, when suddenly...

You feel the chill. Its chill.

A sudden strand of black ichor emerges from the ground and catch the priest. The black ichor engulfs him, and from the ground emerge a Corruptor. But this one is different from the other. It has an extremely slender body, like a twisted trunk of a dead tree, and numerous tentacles flaying wildly in all directions. But its faceless head is still the same as the other.

"AAAARGH !" scream the priest.

The knights suddenly turn around, and one of them can't help but say : "What...what is this thing ?..."

You see this terrible scene unfolding in front of you. An occasion of escaping !

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Get back and breath-weapon it.
[6] You rear, and prepare to unleash your elemental breath. Suddenly you feel your energy uncontrollably stir up in your body !
You open your mouth, and an insane blast of ice and electricity engulfs the scorpion. But the elemental energy is too much for you.
Your body crackles, your skin breaks apart. From your eyes, from your wounds, from every orifice possible the unstable energy pour wildly.

You lose consciousness.
You gained 1 essence
You lose 7 HP
You lose all your MP

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
"Well done. But let us see if you can land another strike."

If the boy's husk can still be drained, do so. If not - spit him out. The sight of this should at least distract the knight for second or so. If I can try to drain the knight, do so. Otherwise, keep fighting normally.
[2] You try to drain some energy from the boy's husk, but there is nothing left.
"Weakling" you think.
[4] You instead spit it out unceremoniously, in front of the horrified knight.
"What...what is this ! What are you !" shouts Kyle.
"KYLE ! FALL BACK, THIS IS NOT AN ANIMATED ARMOR !" shouts the priest.

You smirks maliciously in your mind. Taking advantage of his shock, you charge at him with your sword.
[5] ((*clap*))
You impale him directly in the heart, and after taking your sword out, you follow with plunging your tendrils in his body.
"It will be quick" you says with your dark tone.

You suck at his life with thirst, drinking every last bit of it. Finally someone strong, it feels so sating ! Kyle's body fall on the ground, empty like a lifeless husk.
You recover 5HP
You gain 2 essence

"KYLE, NO !" screams the other knight.
"Revick ! We must absolutely kill this abomination !" says the priest.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
(It's a bit too large to capture, and mindwiping states that it must be captured. Obviously brainwashing is not going to work if the enemy can just toss you around or retreat anyway. On the same note, wouldn't it be unfair if I managed to mind control a tier 10?)
quickly getting to his feet, he would attempt to Distort the senses of the ravager again in a attempt to keep it from striking at his kin. This beast was too large to control at the moment, and weakening it seemed the only way.
"I am fine, just protect yourself brother!"
[2] You quickly get back on your feet, but still stunned by the impact you don't manage to focus enough. You stumble.
Guard roll [1] The Guard charges at the Ravager, intending to strike it again. But he doesn't see the Ravager tail coming from behind, and he is brutally swept away by the force of the blow ! He falls somewhere far, unconscious.

Ravager Roll :
[1] ((hahaha, seriously)) The Ravager roars menacingly, and charges at you. You may be still stunned, you manage with insane luck to dodge the attack and strikes again on its belly ! The wound widen so much that streams of blood gush out from it, and it innards begin to spill out slowly.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:20:01 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 19, 2016, 07:29:41 pm »

((Behold Dahak's crazy unluck, and plots popping everywhere !))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 19, 2016, 07:33:55 pm »

Hmm... Looks Like I could find Good eating that way... Whelp, Id best see what Is down there.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 19, 2016, 07:37:31 pm »

Ulkas bids farewell to Dovarus and heads into human lands...

((Poor humans, really. Sooner or later, all players would rampage there.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 19, 2016, 07:38:37 pm »

Fling some mana sparks at the Forar Crystalloid before running BACK the other direction, towards the humans, all the while making the same beeping noises.

((Fucking rock and a hard place, anyone? I have to trust in humanity's sympathy. In other words, I'm fucked.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 19, 2016, 07:39:22 pm »

(SHIT. You remind me I forgot to write the human turn ! Coming soon as a sub-turn xD)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 146