Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295793 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2016, 10:39:58 pm »

(I'll do my own, but after my journey has come to a end. what is the point of writing a chronicle about something that is ongoing?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2016, 10:41:19 pm »

(I'll do my own, but after my journey has come to a end. what is the point of writing a chronicle about something that is ongoing?)
(To generate more views For kick and giggles ?)

EDIT: (I totally forgot to mention. I loved the Lenny TempAcc. Now imagined that you held a Lenny-faced Behelit, hahaha)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:45:15 pm by Nakéen »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 19, 2016, 03:38:46 am »

(( This would be challenging... ))

Use whispers of damned and find good cover. Disoriented dragon might spew fire trying to get rid of whispers and exhaust itself. When it falls from over-exertion, disappearance and weak spot clawing.

If whispers would fail, just mark it, hide and wait until it leads you to it's lair. Then disappearance and surprise weak spot clawing.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 19, 2016, 05:04:48 am »

Turn 22

Shiny the Earth Mana Shard
Float on up til I see a human. When I do, place myself in clear view of it but do not make any moves to go forwards, and do not attack it. Simply remain there until it notices me. If it does not notice me for a little while, make an impatient beep.
[1] You float up through the forbidden passageway. The passage is long and tortuous, you float through it for hours.
You eventually come out to a vast mana crystal field, dense as a forest. You keep on going, comforted by the familiar mana crystals.
You finally arrive in a vast cavern, you notice mine-cart tracks. You float there peacefully, looking for a human.
Suddenly someone shouts :
"Monster alert ! Call the soldiers !"

You notice the lone miner that spotted you. A gong resonates in the cavern, and sounds of steps and metal clattering approach.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
I Try to Blast him with both beams, and drag him towards my maw... I just need to remember to avoid crossing the streams...
[5] You blast the unsuspecting Sylvarian with both your slowing beam and your telekinesis beam.
You lose 8 MP
The Sylvarian movements are instantly stopped by the slow, and you drag it with ease toward your maw.
Your maw violently closes on the helpless wooden man, and the sounds of wood cracking mix with the scream of pain of your victim. You chew him again and again, but he still isn't dead.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
"Strike at the cut in it's belly, brother! We can bring this to a swift end!"
He would say to his guard kin. He would also start moving to strike, wary of the beast's flailing. Hopefully he would be able to wound it further before it could recover.
((I thought you would Mindwipe it as it was heavily under your Distort skill))
You command your Guard companion to aim at the belly cut while the monster is confused. He understands, and you two rush toward the wildly flailing Storm Ravager.
[4] You manage not to get hit by the Ravager, and strike again the injured part. Blood gushes out and the monster roars in pain.
[3] The Guard manages to catch up, and barely land another hit on the belly before the Ravager begins furiously agitating.
Storm Ravager roll :
[5]-1 overruled by [5] : The Ravager coils and uses its wings to wrap its body. Powerful winds begin whirling around it, raising phenomenal quantities of sand.
? and Guard roll : [5] and [4] You both begin to get sucked in by the sand tornado, with the Ravager at its center. Helping each others out, you manage to grab unto something and resist to the suction.

Then suddenly, the Ravager uncoils brusquely, projecting all the gathered sand at high speed in all directions !
? and Guard roll : [1] and [6] Surprised by the sudden blast, you totally lose your grip and are violently projected away by the sand ! It hurts like thousand of tiny bullets crashing on your chitin.
"Brother !" shouts the Guard Beetle as you're thrown at least 20 meters backward.
The Guard manages to maintain its grip, but he is now close of the furious Ravager.
You lose 6 HP

Formation roll : [2] The formation stays closely together, unmoving.

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
"Two knights and a priest? Let us fight like knights. I challenge you to a duel!"

Challenge the knights to fight me one on one. If they refuse - javelin the cleric and fight them off with the zweihander. If the boy's husk still holds some life, be ready to drain it to the last drop should I get wounded. If it's useless, spit it out midfight. Terrify my opponents by giving them a glimpse of their possible fate.
[4] "Don't do it Kyle, you are not going to believe the words of a monster !" protests the priest.
"I heard of those monsters, the Animated Armors. Spirit of knights sealed in a metal prison. I will believe him, I have some honor as a knight too" answers the knight.
The other one nods, and despite the pleas of the priest, they advance toward you weapon in hand.
"Don't interfere."

"I accept the duel !" shouts the knight named Kyle.

He uses a shield and a longsword. Judging from his stance, he has some experience.

Ferratus roll : [2] vs [2] You attack first, charging at him and striking with your darkened zweihander. The knight parries the downward slash, and you found yourself blade-locked together.
Kyle roll : [5] vs [1] You try to apply pressure on your opponent blade, but he uses your own force to make you stumble forward. Succeeding, he passes right by you and executes a powerful u-turn slash that strikes you in a gap of your armor !
You lose 5 HP

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Ah... I've never felt such feeling of accomplishment in my entire existance... My thanks, Dovarus - you allowed me to trick a god!"
Transformation Success Roll : [3]

All this power. It is now yours. How wonderful, magnificent ! So this is what it feels...to feel strong.
Gathering all this energy inside of you, your body skips a beat.

Your skin slowly withers away, like an exuviation. Your body morphs and change shape according to your will, taking a new and strange appearance. It's like a mix between a humanoid and an insect.
More spikes grow on your tail, your wings skin also wither, and they are only left as some kind of old memento.
And finally, you feel magic coursing through your veins.

You have gained +2 Intelligence, +1 Individuality, +6 HP and +13 MP
You lost the trait Evil Wings
You acquired the trait Levitation
You acquired the trait Aura of Fear
You acquired the trait Poisoned Stinger
You acquired the trait Expansive Mind
You acquired the skill Lesser Magic -illusions-
You are now a Lesser Osyluth

"Incredible. You are surging with so much power... Haha, this god got what he deserved ! You deserve all this power" exclaims Dovarus, impressed.
"What will you do with all this power now ? I am curious" he adds.

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
I cock my head. "Yes, I help. Me follow"

Follow the Leaf-friend
"Wonderful !" exclaims Amarilys.

"Before that, you deserved a reward. Come with me to the Lifetree, He will give you force."

You follow her to the great tree where Arbos is healing. As soon as you touch the tree, essence comes flowing through you, filling you with great energy !
You gained 5 essences

"The Lifetree accepted you, and gave you a fraction of his power" claims the Sylvarian.

She turns toward you, looking at you with her pure golden eyes. Her tone is grave :
"I will be honest with you. Our people and whole home is in grave danger. Humans are hunting our people and stealing the force from the lifetrees. They want to steal their power for themselves."

She points at the great tree.
"This is the Great Lifetree, the oldest and strongest of the various lifetrees of the forest. Humans haven't been able to found it yet, but it is only a matter of time before they do. You saw those hunters, they have terrible weapons designed to kill us. Arbos was hit by a poisoned bolt fatal to us Sylvarian, this poison can kill us in a matter of minutes."

"Would you agree to help us ? We are gathering forces to prepare for the inevitable war against the humans, and I'm sure your might will be a great asset. Of course, I don't want to force you. We are already grateful enough to you for chasing these humans, and I for saving my brother."

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
Well, this is just grand. All this did was get me and my new clothes dirty, and no idea of where to go or what to do still. At least I got more of that weird golden a energy stuff.

Dahak's mind wanders as he stares around the village. It seems desolate, but somewhat more peaceful now, maybe humans will move back in now you've apparently cleared out all the pests.
Dahak assumes a very odd heroic pose for some seconds in celebration of this thought. Then he can come back and terrorize them!

He then decides to examine the now withered fleshy thing he forcibly removed from the corruptor. Feeling something stir in his mind as he stares at it, he focuses to try and see if any more strange pieces of memory pop into his mind.

After a few seconds of focusing, he thinks he can see the outline of a face on the surface of the heart!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He then decides this is stupid and throws the useless heart away.
He sheats his dagger and stores it back in his ribcage, just in case, you never know when you'll run into a loli vampire or something.

Pshh, like that will ever happen, loli vampires, heh, right, not even the gods are that stupid.

He then spends several minutes trying to remember what the hell a loli is.
He doesn't. He's ok with this.

Walk out of the village, searching for landmarks or anything of interest. Trying to remember things now will probably only result in more stupid things.
[1] ((STOP ROLLING [1] WHEN YOU LOOK FOR THINGS DAHAK >:( I'm beginning to think you have the hidden trait -Unlucky Aura-))
The village finally free of the evil influence of the Corruptor, you decide to leave. Surely their must be something interesting out of this lonely place. When you finally think you will be able to chill out, you come across an unpleasant situation at the corner of a street.
A whole group of heavily geared humans appears a few meters before you. They number five, and they sport holy insignia on their breastplates. There is even two priests, and a soldier holding a banner with the same holy symbol.

God damnit. You just met an anti-monster expeditionary force, specialized in anti-undead and anti-evil, probably here to clean the village of monsters. The bad day isn't over yet it seems.

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Take a walk in the desert.
The desert ? The forest ? The wasteland ? You choose the desert and its burning hot sand.
[2] You adventure yourself into this whole new place, with golden sand expanding beyond sight. Nothing much is to be seen here, only sand. After a few hours, you realize you are lost.
Then you feel a presence. You turn back, but there is nothing. In the sky neither, there isn't a soul. Strange, you were sure your instinct alarmed you of something close and dangerous...

Suddenly, a Giant Desert Sand Scorpion emerges from under you !
[3] You barely dodge it, the beast still manages to scratch you and dent your glassy body !
You lose 1HP

The huge scorpion is slightly bigger than you, he is bright yellow like the sand, and adopt a menacing stance. His dangerous stinger is reared, ready to strike.

Snehk the Stalker
(( This would be challenging... ))

Use whispers of damned and find good cover. Disoriented dragon might spew fire trying to get rid of whispers and exhaust itself. When it falls from over-exertion, disappearance and weak spot clawing.

If whispers would fail, just mark it, hide and wait until it leads you to it's lair. Then disappearance and surprise weak spot clawing.

[5] vs [6] You use your Whispers of the Damned on the dragon to disorient it. Focusing your mana, you unleash your powers on him.
You lose 5 MP

The dragon is clearly affected by your mental assault, and begins roaring and howling in madness. He is getting angrier and angrier, devastating the whole area around him. He is managing to shake off the Whispers, but is greatly exhausting itself in the process. He doesn't fall over-exerted, but he is clearly really tired.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:04:35 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 19, 2016, 05:06:44 am »

((If this dragon kills another player, I'm giving it a name and backstory))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 19, 2016, 05:16:46 am »

((That would be quite interesting!
Also, Nakéen, you weave a really great story throughout our turn. It's hard to believe you're making everything on a fly. Great work, keep it up!  ;)))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 19, 2016, 05:18:55 am »

((That would be quite interesting!
Also, Nakéen, you weave a really great story throughout our turn. It's hard to believe you're making everything on a fly. Great work, keep it up!  ;)))
((Thanks you a lot ! I must confess it gives me some headaches sometimes, but as they say, you weave a story with the strings of fate of its characters.
I'm having great fun improvising everything, I'm glad to know you are having fun too ! :))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 19, 2016, 05:20:35 am »

They say you need a balanced diet, So I'd best keep chewing on this Stock of Sentient Celery,,,
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 19, 2016, 05:21:01 am »

(( The writing is great! I'll try to carefully kill that dragon... ))

Torment the beast with whispers some more until it finally passes out unconscious. If it won't work, just run at it with claws, brutally slashing it to death.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 19, 2016, 05:26:16 am »

((Killing it would yield enough essence to make you directly jump to Stage 2 with some bonus left. Well, you need to kill it first.))

Also
((Oh right, I've meaning to ask a thing. If stage 0 is a mook, which stage would be a midboss-tier monster? What stage a boss-tier one would have?))
((Midboss-tier would be around 5-6 ? The demoness that nearly killed Ulkas was 4 in my sheet.
A big boss would be 10 or beyond. The thing that is currently chasing Shiny is a 5. The dragon is a 6.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2016, 05:26:25 am »

"Haah... Really, Dovarus, I can't thank you enough both for great idea and it's execution. As for what I will do... You see, not long ago, I have met with a being of great power. Initially, she tried to kill me, which was expected, yet changed her mind halfway through and gave me her arm. As I am now, I'm still feeling slightly inferior, so I'll need to gather a bit more power before returning the favor."

"For now, I'm thinking of visiting human lands to the west, to make myself up to date with surroundings and modern knowledge... And what about you, my friend?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2016, 05:29:51 am »

((Killing it would yield enough essence to make you directly jump to Stage 2 with some bonus left. Well, you need to kill it first.))

Also
((Oh right, I've meaning to ask a thing. If stage 0 is a mook, which stage would be a midboss-tier monster? What stage a boss-tier one would have?))
((Midboss-tier would be around 5-6 ? The demoness that nearly killed Ulkas was 4 in my sheet.
A big boss would be 10 or beyond. The thing that is currently chasing Shiny is a 5. The dragon is a 6.))

(( Risky, really risky but if I'll have good rolls I might do it. Otherwise we'll have a named dragon with back story. ))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2016, 05:33:45 am »

(( Risky, really risky but if I'll have good rolls I might do it. Otherwise we'll have a named dragon with back story. ))
((The greater the risk, the greater the reward ! Let's pray for your success ! go dragon, kill that lowlife))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2016, 05:44:11 am »

((If it's okay, I'm thinking of finishing growing my character at 26 feet/8 meters in size, then begin working on making my character Clayface a shapeshifter, able to compact himself to about a tenth his size, look human (or like a tree, thanks to the tree armor :) ), and grow multiple hammer hands to nail down the opposition, or just a 2 storey hand to smack some sense into them :p. Basically, his final form shall be a Refined Sylvan Clay Shifter. Sound good, and how much of that would use mana?))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:48:32 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2016, 05:48:20 am »

((Basically, his final form shall be a Refined Sylvan Clay Shifter. Sound good, and how much of that would use mana?))

Not so final form

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 146