Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295883 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #270 on: February 18, 2016, 06:36:06 am »

Hide!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 18, 2016, 06:39:54 am »

(Yeah, adding a bestiary and map would be great. I have a feeling this became much more involved than you expected. )
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:57:46 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 18, 2016, 06:59:05 am »

Dahak stares down the corruptor... Even though he doens't have eyes to stare with.

Looks like I found the original culprit behind that mass of angry ghost peasants.

He then glances over his shoulder and finds that Ferratus is truly gone.

Welp, can't rely on meatshields forever, I guess.

Dahak reaches into his ribcage and pulls out his new dagger while adjusting his poise.

I feel good, though, you just walked into the wrong neighborhood, bud. Because I'M AN ALL SKELETAL BADASS

Turn on the fear aura just to see how it affects the thing, then draw the holy dagger and lunge at the corruptor
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 18, 2016, 07:34:24 am »

((Getting a bestiary and map would be awesome.))

Ferratus lets loose a slightly maniacal laugh. "This is great. It feels like I'm alive again. More. I need more. I have to devour more."

The boy's mule. It doesn't need its life anymore. Impale it on my tendrils and drain it. Then hide the signs of my corruption and continue further down the road. Perhaps make a visit to the closest village.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:33:38 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2016, 07:35:39 am »

"Golden Sentinel asked me to greet you in his stead, as you're both bound to your respective places. He spoke quite highly of you.

I'm still thinking about what you've said about tricking a god... See, I was born as a trickster, so such prospect holds double value for me. Both power and satisfaction of a job well done... Yet, I'm not well-versed in a realm of gods. Could you tell me more about them?"

Relay greetings of Golden Sentinel to Dovarus. Ask him of the current era gods he's knowledgeable about.

((I'll try my hand at retelling each character adventures in short form for the historical purposes.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2016, 07:38:19 am »

Finish him! With venom if need be.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2016, 08:20:57 am »

((... I ended up making Ferratus' new evolution sheet already. I can't tell if I'm being overly confident in his survival or if I'm just excited at the prospect of seeing him getting upgraded again. Did I mention that I like upgrades?))

Spoiler: Ferratus' next step. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:11:27 pm by Hawk132 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2016, 10:13:20 am »

We begin our march to the southwest, queen in the center of our group and me at the front. I occasionally move ahead of the group to scout for threats.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2016, 11:36:11 am »

((... I ended up making Ferratus' new evolution sheet already. I can't tell if I'm being overly confident in his survival or if I'm just excited at the prospect of seeing him getting upgraded again. Did I mention that I like upgrades?))

(Come to think of it, your "Corruption" reminds me of Prototype. And your current powers already heals you, I just didn't mention it because you were already at full-hp)

(I have a feeling this became much more involved than you expected. )
(I actually expected it to take such proportions, but the unfolding events went rather unexpectedly. I made everything on the fly, haha.)

((I'll try my hand at retelling each character adventures in short form for the historical purposes.))
(That would be great ! Even though I really want to do them myself, it will take some time with the updates on my hands)

All right for the map and bestiary then ! The map will have to wait though, I have zero drawing skills.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2016, 11:40:39 am »

All right for the map and bestiary then ! The map will have to wait though, I have zero drawing skills.
(I have drawing skills that border on being anti-skilled. I'll do it for you, if you give me a rough outline of where everything is.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2016, 11:45:34 am »

(Come to think of it, your "Corruption" reminds me of Prototype. And your current powers already heals you, I just didn't mention it because you were already at full-hp)
((Oh, I thought it was a temporary boost to strength and such. I'll be changing that then.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2016, 11:48:33 am »

(I have drawing skills that border on being anti-skilled. I'll do it for you, if you give me a rough outline of where everything is.)
(I think it would be best if I did the map. I will draw something crude, and if someone feel inspired to upgrade it we will do with it. Thank though !)

((Oh, I thought it was a temporary boost to strength and such. I'll be changing that then.))
(It also boost your strength a little, if you have good rolls)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 18, 2016, 12:10:06 pm »

((I replaced Devour with a different skill.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2016, 01:06:15 pm »

Turn 19

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Spoiler: EVOLUTION COMPLETE (click to show/hide)
Transformation Success Roll : [3]

Ah, sweet sweet power ! You feel a new force surging through your body. It's growing, it's coming!

*plop* A new eye pops out of a new tentacle ! Wait, that's it ? ((Bad, lazy GM !  >:()

You gained +5MP and +1 Power
You acquired the skill Thick Skinned
You acquired the skill [Eye#2:Slow]
You are now a Three-Eyed Beholder

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
(Wow. That makes me feel real awful now. I shouldn't have made him chase the guy. Screw you RNG, screw you very much.)

"My friend... Hurt? No. No! NOOOOO!"

Destroy all of these hunters. Make them pay for their cruelty and bloodthirstiness
*BANG* A powerful sound blast resonates throughout the forest, but you don't pay much attention to it in your rage.

[3] vs [1] Crying in rage, you clench your hands at the sight of your fallen friend. Not even bothering to look behind you, you give a powerful backhand strike to the last human. He begins to move to avoid it, but a root makes him trip toward the big hand.
Taking the full force of the impact, he goes flying like a ragdoll and crashing further away, dead and broken.
The last man is already dead, his spine was broken by the impact of your tornado attack.

[5] You rush toward Arbos, who is still withering slowly. In the meantime, the two essence of the last men flies toward you.

"ARBOS !" you call, kneeling over him, glowing with the golden light of the essence.

His withering head turns toward you, a dim glowing light in his eyes sockets. He faintly smiles :
"First...time...you...say...my...name. You...beautiful..."

"I HELP YOU !"

You take your withering friend with you, and run around aimlessly for a moment. Suddenly a voice comes from a tree, a woman-like Sylvarian emerges :
"You fended off the hunters ?! Amazing ! Quick, bring Arbos here !"

You execute your self. The womanly Sylvarian uses roots and vines to lift up Arbos, and form some sort of wood coffin around him.
"We must bring him to the Lifetree if we want to save him. Quick, follow me."

You can now transform

Snehk the Hidden
(( Missed a few turns. Time zones are !!FUN!! Such a bestiary or geographical index would be great. ))

Claw the weak spot viciously - kill and devour.
[4] vs [2] You claw at the air vent with intense viciousness, tearing apart the flesh and delving deeper into its body. The Rock Eater tries to shake you away, to no avail. He bleeds and bleeds, he is weakening.
[6] Eventually, the monster falls dead, drained of its blood. You get crushed under the weight of it, heavily damaging you.
You lose 4HP
Under this massive mass of flesh, you can't move. But suddenly you feel something glowing, and filling you. An enormous power is pulsing in your body.
You can now transform !

Shiny the Earth Mana Shard
Hide!
[6] You follow Karalion closely into the secret passage, tunneling into the caverns.
The passage is rather narrow, both of you barely fit into it. Furthermore, the walls and ground are riddled with sharp mana crystals, denting you a little all over.
Eventually, both of you reach the exit. Karalion nods to you, and you both hide inside a big empty crystal "My secret hide-out for emergencies" he says.

You both wait. The chiseling is still heard, but distant. It roars. Eventually, the chiseling go away. You beep in relief.

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
Dahak stares down the corruptor... Even though he doens't have eyes to stare with.

Looks like I found the original culprit behind that mass of angry ghost peasants.

He then glances over his shoulder and finds that Ferratus is truly gone.

Welp, can't rely on meatshields forever, I guess.

Dahak reaches into his ribcage and pulls out his new dagger while adjusting his poise.

I feel good, though, you just walked into the wrong neighborhood, bud. Because I'M AN ALL SKELETAL BADASS

Turn on the fear aura just to see how it affects the thing, then draw the holy dagger and lunge at the corruptor
You pull out your dagger and take a ready stance with it. You hear something communicating with you in your mind :
"Why aren't you corrupted ? The other was. Why weren't you ?"

It's a disgusting, cold voice.

[6] You activate your fear aura. The air around you suddenly changes. The cold of loneliness, the fear of the unknown. It goes pouring all over the place, invading everything. You realize your fear aura went a little awry, as you begin to feel intense fear. Your bones begin to make a clacking sound.
But the Corruptor in front of you isn't unaffected, far from it. His fat body suddenly twitch noiselessly, and his faceless head move around erratically. In your mind, you hear an incomprehensible, terrible scream.
You lose 5MP
[4+1] (Fear bonus)
The Corruptor seems completely stunned by the overwhelming fear. You lunge at it and stab your trustworthy dagger into its mass, piercing it easily. You feel like you did damage with this hit. But you realize with confusion that the mass is still here.

The Corruptor is unaffected by the power of the dagger. Which can only means one thing, you deduce with horror. This "thing" is not an undead. And nor is it alive, as you feel no life from it. What is it ?

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
((Getting a bestiary and map would be awesome.))

Ferratus lets loose a slightly maniacal laugh. "This is great. It feels like I'm alive again. More. I need more. I have to devour more."

The boy's mule. It doesn't need its life anymore. Impale it on my tendrils and drain it. Then hide the signs of my corruption and continue further down the road. Perhaps make a visit to the closest village.
[2] Terrified, the mule neighs loudly, and run away at top speed with the carriage.

You continue along the road, walking at least two hours, not meeting a soul. Eventually, you reach some vast golden wheat fields, glittering like gold. You sight the village not too far.

Ulkas the Quasit
"Golden Sentinel asked me to greet you in his stead, as you're both bound to your respective places. He spoke quite highly of you.

I'm still thinking about what you've said about tricking a god... See, I was born as a trickster, so such prospect holds double value for me. Both power and satisfaction of a job well done... Yet, I'm not well-versed in a realm of gods. Could you tell me more about them?"

Relay greetings of Golden Sentinel to Dovarus. Ask him of the current era gods he's knowledgeable about.

Dovarus stays silent a moment. He then mutters :
"This old guardian..."

He seems happy. Raising his helmet, he speaks to you :
[5] "Thank you Ulkas, and congratulations, you completed my test with brio. Let me tell you what I know about the so called gods."

He takes a deep inspiration -not like he needs it-, and begins laying explanation to you :
"Deities are powerful beings living in a realm outside of our. But they are not god in the true sense of the term, they are powerful indeed, but they can't interact directly with our world. And that's why they make pact and gather servants, to compensate for their limitations."

Anger begins to taint his usual calm tone :
"They will search for the power-hungry and the fool, bending them to their own will. Some of these gods aren't bad per se, but most of them are. Evil, rotten to the core, uncaring for this world creatures. They lie, and will lie to get what they want. Our world is but a playground to these all-mighty idiots."

"I know of five "important" gods in my era, I imagine they are still as relevant as before.
Sard, the God of War and Peace.
Tinzakena, the God of Lies and Truth.
Omyu Lon, the God of Moon and Magic.
Monea, the Goddess of Death and Fire.
Damao, the God of the Life and Sun.
But you should know, all of these are just titles. The truth is that these beings have little link with their so-called sphere."

"We may begin the ritual today, I...already have everything ready. Why you ask ? Because of revenge. I want to pay back those Gods that ruined my country. All of them are guilty."

He pauses for a moment, and finishes with a calmer voice :
"We may begin when you want"

Glint the Calcivore
Finish him! With venom if need be.
[6] vs [2] You roar, shrugging of the pain and lunge at the helpless human ! You bite him in the arm, injecting your venom.
The hunter struggles helplessly as his already numb and electrified body is quickly calcifying. Eventually, he gives in to pain and die of blood loss. You actually used a lot of venom, it may take hours before you get enough back.

[6] You feed on the corpses, and absorb their essence.
You recover 4HP
You gain 3 essences
But the death of those humans didn't go unnoticed, you spot something shining in the distance. Another rider ? This somehow can see you from afar, as he suddenly turn back and ride at full speed. Let's hope he won't get reinforcements.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
We begin our march to the southwest, queen in the center of our group and me at the front. I occasionally move ahead of the group to scout for threats.
[1] "To the southwest we shall go" you claim.
But the desert is unforgiving and cruel. As you head toward your destination, a world of lush and abundant food you heard of, a sandstorm appears on the horizon. It is coming at you in full force, and there seems to be a shadow in the sandstorm...

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Hidden (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:59:16 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2016, 01:17:05 pm »

(Somehow, turns are taking longer to write with intrigues and plots appearing everywhere. And I like it.)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 146