Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295914 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [8/8]
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2016, 02:30:00 pm »

With the knowledge given by the princess, I have my work cut out for me. The queen will undoubtably oppose my actions, but perhaps I can convince a few of my kin to come with me. At the very least, I must court one of the princesses into coming with me, as I do not know if there are other hives out there.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2016, 02:36:18 pm »

Name : Unchanged
Species : Mana Shard
Appearance : The floating crystals have all come together to form one large jagged crystal.
HP or MP increase : HP increase
Attributes increased : Constitution
Traits gained : Manastatic field: The area around the shard pulses with magical energy. Nearing the shard drains the mana of creatures.
Skills gained : Mana Shove: Uses magical energy to push a being around. The push can be very weak or very strong. Pushing an enemy into an inanimate object would obviously cause damage.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2016, 02:43:33 pm »

((I've decided to go with the Parasite Armor path for Ferratus, should he survive this. I'm writing up his new skills and traits, along with the appearance right now. He's getting a bit body horrory. Hope you guys don't mind seeing tentacles under people's skin. And it's just the beginning.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2016, 02:47:18 pm »

Now, wo will invade the beast, we shall Enter through the wound!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2016, 02:53:29 pm »

((I've decided to go with the Parasite Armor path for Ferratus, should he survive this. I'm writing up his new skills and traits, along with the appearance right now. He's getting a bit body horrory. Hope you guys don't mind seeing tentacles under people's skin. And it's just the beginning.))
((You should survive, granted Dahak doesn't stab you with this dagger, hehe))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:13:32 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2016, 03:10:13 pm »

With the knowledge given by the princess, I have my work cut out for me. The queen will undoubtably oppose my actions, but perhaps I can convince a few of my kin to come with me. At the very least, I must court one of the princesses into coming with me, as I do not know if there are other hives out there.
((By the way, I feel like your side of the story is going to turn into a dating-sim minigame hahaha))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2016, 03:13:21 pm »

Dahak examines the suspicious dagger in his hand, feeling some sort of power from it. However, his lore skill is rather low, so Dahak is unable to tell what kind of power it may have, altough it certainly is shiny. And pointy.

Dahak grips the dagger firmly in his bony hand, charging out of the house, cocking his arm backwards, readying a deadly strike at the core of the phantasmal being while shouting madly

"Sorry, BUT YOU CAN'T GET OFF MR. BONES' WILD RIDE!"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2016, 03:15:33 pm »

((By the way, I feel like your side of the story is going to turn into a dating-sim minigame hahaha))
(I have mixed feelings about that. On one side, I wanna imagine what it would be like for two large, intelligent beetles to be going on a honeymoon. On the other, I sorta want to continue on my path of empire building.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2016, 03:16:09 pm »

((I've added Ferratus' upgrade sheet to my action. Feel free to give it a read, Nakéen. Tell me if I should change something.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2016, 03:37:59 pm »

((I read it as I'm typing the next turn. Nothing to say, it's a great sheet))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2016, 04:19:17 pm »

Turn 16

Ferratus the Animated Armor
"Free your loved ones from their suffering, Kardassus."

Let Kardassus finish this.
[1] ((Kardassus you klutz >:( !)
You let Kardassus in control, to let him enact his vengeance against the abomination. But blinded in rage, he misses it and fall into the agglomerate. Close to the source of the evil, you can't bear the intense pain and torment !
You lose 6 HP

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Golem
((Posts are perfectly fine to me. If you want to save on space though, use spoilers, each labeled with a monster's name.))

"Robobert... NOT AFRAID!"

Dig deep into the earth, and throw it at the Humans. Then walk forward, slamming aside those who get in my way.

[3] You manage to dig up a medium sized boulder and throw it at the humans : [3] They are surprised by the attack, and two of them get hit by the boulder and fall on the ground. They stumble back up, not seriously injured.

"What are you doing friend ! These people are dangerous, you will die !" shouts Arbos.

[2] You then walk forward and try to slam aside the feeble humans. But they are agile, and you miss them.
Humans turn :
6d6 : [5, 2, 6, 2, 2, 6]
What seems to be the leader, a bearded man of sizable build shouts :"Circle it ! Watch out for its arms !" The human group slowly but surely encircles the lone Giant.
Three of them can't get close because of the wild giant strikes.
But from behind in a dead-angle, two humans armed with spears attack you ! You feel the metal damaging your clay. But they lodge firmly into the wooden armor, and the humans can't take them out !
You lose 4HP

Snehk the Hidden
(( Thanks for adding me up! Post lenght is fine for me. I'll accept any changes you'd want to make. ))

Search for a small creature to devour. If infravision brings nothing, head to the forest.
[4] You trek in the mountain, hungry. Quickly enough you manage to find and catch a small rabbit-like mammalian animal.
The meat is tasty and soft. What a delightful meal !
You feel a tiny bit of energy flowing through you
[1] "Ah, it's time to go" you think to yourself. Onward to the forest you go, carefully walking down the mountain.
Then the ground shakes ((like a feeling of déjà-vu)). [4] You jump just in time to avoid being gobbled by a Rock Eater !
An armored worm-like monster with a maw full of sharp teeth.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
"I will pray for your success." says the Aradian Princess before leaving.
[3] There is no time to lose, you immediately begin searching for prospecting settlers. You manage to convince a decent number of your kin, numbering 15.
For the next step, you enter in the royal section of the Hive with the Prime Princess blessing. Hear, Princess-caste Aradian Mirage Beetle lives and waits for the time they will become a future Queen. But it has been so long since the last Princess became a Queen.
[2] You try to begin courting with some of the princesses, to no avail. You are only greeted by scornful and fearful looks. It seems the Queen has a hand in these reactions.
Encounter roll : [6]
"Hey, come over here" says to you a guard. "A princess would like to meet you, but not here in plain sight. The Queen's guard are watching, and you should know that any princess siding with you will probably end up as the Queen's next meal."

Shiny, the Earth Mana Shard
Name : Unchanged
Species : Mana Shard
Appearance : The floating crystals have all come together to form one large jagged crystal.
HP or MP increase : HP increase
Attributes increased : Constitution
Traits gained : Manastatic field: The area around the shard pulses with magical energy. Nearing the shard drains the mana of creatures.
Skills gained : Mana Shove: Uses magical energy to push a being around. The push can be very weak or very strong. Pushing an enemy into an inanimate object would obviously cause damage.
Transformation Success Roll : [4] ((again ? Neat for you))
Elemental Type Roll : (Fire/Ice/Electricity/Air/Water/Earth) [6] - Earth
As you begin your next transformation, the light of the elemental crystals enshrouds your body.
Mana gather and twirl around you, energy crackling and rising.
Under the influence of Karalion, the earth rises, sticks and fuses with your crystalline body, strengthening it.
And then an unexpected phenomenon occurs and interferes with the transformation. Crystals resonates and tremble, generating a powerful sound. But they don't detonate. You feel like they speak to you, you understand the frequency and the energy of the crystals.

You have gained +1 Constitution and +5 HP
You acquired the trait Manastatic Field
You acquired the skill Mana Shove
You acquired the trait Earth Elemental
You acquired the skill Elemental Crystal Resonance, independently of your own will !
You are now an Earth Mana Shard

Elemental Crystal Resonance : allow you to manipulate elemental crystals state to make them detonate, or stop them from detonating.
Earth Elemental : you can absorb the elemental energy of earth-aligned crystals to supply you in mana

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm
Now, wo will invade the beast, we shall Enter through the wound!
[1] The second swarm rushes to the wounded zone and try to invade the beast ! But the Shegarian notice the small cloud of Xenotraths, and crushes in its jaw, burning them.
You lose 3 HP

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton
Dahak examines the suspicious dagger in his hand, feeling some sort of power from it. However, his lore skill is rather low, so Dahak is unable to tell what kind of power it may have, altough it certainly is shiny. And pointy.

Dahak grips the dagger firmly in his bony hand, charging out of the house, cocking his arm backwards, readying a deadly strike at the core of the phantasmal being while shouting madly

"Sorry, BUT YOU CAN'T GET OFF MR. BONES' WILD RIDE!"
[5] Hysterically shouting and charging toward the agglomerate, you stab the mysterious dagger in the very core of the twisted being ! Instantly, it screams and its ectoplasmic mass dissolves and disappears. One by one the imprisoned souls rise up into the air, the visage no longer twisted by pain. They look relieved, and grateful.
The atmosphere feels so much lighter without the pressure of the horrible undead gone, and you sigh relieved. Looking at the weird dagger, you understand it was probably a blessed holy dagger, specialized in killing the undead. You feel a bit uneasy holding this.

Ferratus fall heavily on the ground, unconscious. Deep within as the souls depart to the afterlife, he hear their familiar voices.
"Thank you", "This was not your fault, you did your best" and "Finally free..."
If Kardassus could weep, he knows he would.

At the same time, a massive stream of the same previous golden energy flows throughout both of you. You feel incredible, this is crazy.
Both of you can now transform !

((will do your transformations at the same time))

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Hidden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:25:17 am by Nakéen »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2016, 04:22:57 pm »

They surround me, so I hold out my hands and spin in a whirlwind of hurt!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2016, 04:25:05 pm »

((Dammit, Kard. I ain't letting you drive anymore. D:<))

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:31:38 pm by Hawk132 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2016, 04:30:16 pm »

Acknowledging the guard, he would listen for any further instructions. With little else he can do to try and start the colony, he would then follow the guard's instructions to try and contact the princess in question.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2016, 04:31:09 pm »

Thank the fire-crystal snake, then head back off deeper into the cave. It's murdering time!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 146