Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295911 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [8/8]
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2016, 05:57:21 am »

Inspect the Leaf-Thing closely as I follow him out of the forest. Interesting thing, like a human, but more leafy... Ooo! Dig up some clay to fill in my scratches from the first monster I met
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:30:38 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2016, 06:21:27 am »

Keep hacking away at the abomination.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2016, 06:26:14 am »

"I am suggesting that I may be a disruption to the natural order of this colony, and must establish my own a suitable distance away. I humbly request what knowledge you are willing to impart before I undergo self exile."
His tone would be neutral, though his words would clearly show that he believes the queen to still be her superior at this time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:39 am »

Thank Dovarus and go meet the 'Golden' Guard. I already have sone experience at golem-reprogramming, so...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2016, 06:44:14 am »

Absorb those yummy crystals.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2016, 07:02:38 am »

"Ack! Come on now you armored dweebs, fight harder, not smarter! That for me to do!"

Seeing the apparition got pegged by the spear, which has hopefuly slowed it down, Dahak takes the opportunity to dash into a nearby abandoned house, trying to find something useful to use against the peasant ghost coalition.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2016, 09:58:49 am »

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2016, 11:00:48 am »

I'd like to join up, can you add me to wait-list?

Spoiler: Monster Sheet (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2016, 12:47:45 pm »

Snehk the Hidden
I'd like to join up, can you add me to wait-list?

Spoiler: Monster Sheet (click to show/hide)
((If I put you on a wait-list, you will just wait long, very long. So you are in ! Plus, you have a short name :D ))

The golden rays of the sun pierce through the clouds, reaching your dark face. The warmth of the sun awaken you, you slept in a small cave after traveling a little. You know you are in some mountains, west you heard of a forest, and east of a vast plain.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:51:00 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »

We shall divide into three...
The first will Continue Gassing it...
The Second Will Look for a chink in it's armor...
The third will Flee...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2016, 02:07:28 pm »

Turn 15

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
Inspect the Leaf-Thing closely as I follow him out of the forest. Interesting thing, like a human, but more leafy... Ooo! Dig up some clay to fill in my scratches from the first monster I met
The sylvan maze is thick, so thick that the sunlight is getting dimmer, blocked by the canopy. But your guide travel with ease and confidence, he knows the trees, he knows the way. His talkativeness doesn't bother you much, and you closely follow him. You also can't help but gaze at him with curiosity.

"I presume it's the first time you meet a Sylvaran ? I'm honored then, the curiosity is mutual !" he asks.

Once started, he doesn't stop. He talks and talks about himself and his life, and about the forest. A detail catch your attention amidst his long speech.

"...ever heard of life trees ? It's thank to them that our people can grow and reproduce. They contain a powerful energy that seemingly give life to us forest beings.

Encounter roll : [1]
Arbos stops. He block your path with his woody arm. "Oh no. This is bad. Really bad. Hide now !"[/b]

He push his back on a tree, and use his powers to fuse with it.

[2] You try to camouflage yourself, but you are too big for the surrounding trees !

You hear noise, and before you a group of 6 humans appear. Judging from their equipment and gear, they are not just lumberjacks or nature-lovers.... Once they detect you, one of them shout and they arm themselves.
Ferratus the Animated Armor
Keep hacking away at the abomination.
[3] You don't pause between your strikes, switching masterfully between hacking and slashing thank to Kardassus weapon knowledge.
The amalgamate has lost a lot of mass, and it is screaming.
[6] The amalgamate retreat back a little, and shrink for an instant. Then it violently expand, releasing an aura of despair and torment so powerful that it seems like rock and air are trembling in fear. You suddenly can't move an inch, crushed by the memories of the tormented souls. Horrible, horrible deaths. Sorrow. Pain, abandonment.
You lose 4 HP

As you are losing yourself to the souls, you hear a strong and familiar voice within you. Tainted in hatred :
"HOW DARE YOU USE THE MEMORIES OF DEATH OF MY FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES !"

Kardassus rage and hatred overflow, and his intense rage dispel the attack from you ! Your body moves by itself, controlled temporarily by Kardassus, and you charges at the amalgamate !

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
"I am suggesting that I may be a disruption to the natural order of this colony, and must establish my own a suitable distance away. I humbly request what knowledge you are willing to impart before I undergo self exile."
His tone would be neutral, though his words would clearly show that he believes the queen to still be her superior at this time.
[5] You speak with neutrality and humbleness, explaining your thoughts with respect fitting of a servant. You can see understanding looks from your fellows, from all except the Queen. Once you are done, she rises from her throne, and all Aradian Beetles in the room kneel over and tremble in fear.
"You little..."

"Stop right here mother ! You are going to far !" suddenly intervenes the prime Aradian Princess.

"What ! You are taking this miserable traitor side !" the furious Queen shouts.
"His arguments are right. It has been so long since the last split, our vast Hive is losing territory and diversity. Mother. Though I understand your fears, let me handle this matter."
"So be it ! But I am only according this to you out of kindness" ends the Queen.

Eventually, you are brought in a closed room. Before you stand the Aradian Princess and two Elite Aradian Mirage Beetle Warriors.
You bow to her, and she speaks first :
"Please raise your head."

She sighs.
"Mother, our Queen is getting old. It pains me to say this, but she reigned for far too long over the hive. She fears for her place, and by seeing your abnormal appearance, she got scared. You said you wanted to create a new colony ? I fully support this initiative, our Hive won't prosper if we don't seek to expand."

She imparts you with the necessary knowledge to form a new colony. You will need at least a future Queen for your colony, and these can only be chosen from the Princess caste. Then at least about twenty workers to accompany you.

Ulkas the Quasit
Thank Dovarus and go meet the 'Golden' Guard. I already have sone experience at golem-reprogramming, so...
Dovarus stops you :"But the Golden Sentinel isn't some kind of mindless golem. It contains the soul of the first and last Treasure Guardian of the kingdom."

You take note of his remark, and leave to the treasure room. You take this chance to glance around the castle.
It must have been a prosperous nation to have such a huge castle. The emptiness of the place only helps realize its greatness.
Finally you arrive in front of a huge open metallic door. You set a foot past it, when a voice stops you :
"Make one more step intruder, and you will die. I am the Golden Sentinel, eternal guardian of this place."

A beautiful golden glint catches your eye, and you fully see the form of the Sentinel. An towering armored golden being, with a unique golden eye shining through the helmet. Intricate patterns course on the armor, and the blazon of the royal family is etched on its front.

Shiny the Mana Shardling
Absorb those yummy crystals.
You absorb Karalion's crystals. With the first, you feel essence coursing through you.
You gained 1 essence. You can now transform !

But with the second, nothing happens.

"See ? What I did right now was called feeding. By imparting you my flesh, I gave you part of my essence. But eating more of my flesh won't give you anymore essence. Only by killing me would you be able to gain more of my essence. But you wouldn't do that right ?" he laughs heartily at the last question.

"Now transform. I will interfere with your transformation to grant you additional elemental power, if you accept."

Because of the circumstances, you will gain an additional elemental trait/skill whatever the dice result.

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton
"Ack! Come on now you armored dweebs, fight harder, not smarter! That for me to do!"

Seeing the apparition got pegged by the spear, which has hopefuly slowed it down, Dahak takes the opportunity to dash into a nearby abandoned house, trying to find something useful to use against the peasant ghost coalition.
[6] You are caught in the aura of despair, but don't fall to it. You resist without problem and laugh at your strength ! So much that you crack a rib, you silly.
Laughing is difficult
[5] You dash into a nearby house, and find several inanimate skeletons lying on the ground. One is holding a strange dagger, you feel some mystic power emanating from it. Well, you take it. You come back just in time to see the Animated Armor charging furiously at the monster.

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)
Transformation Success Roll : [1] ((aw yis))

Your glassy body crackles and burns. You are undergoing change, you feel it. New power, power you would never have expected.
But suddenly as you begin transforming, the elemental crystal radiates with intense light. This light...you feel it burning at your core !

It's painful. Horribly painful. It's like getting smelted alive, and not dying.
Fire, Ice and Electricity fuse inside of you. Your body crackles with energy, and you barely manage to maintain consciousness.
Then finally, it stops with a final, extreme pain. Your melting body suddenly freeze in an instant, and you collapse on the ground, unconscious.

When you wake up, the three Guardians are watching over you, worried. They say they never saw such a phenomenon before.
Your body is switching wildly between ice and electricity, like if the two elements were somehow fused.

You gained +1 Constitution and +5 HP
You acquired the skill Unstable Breath -Ice and Electricity-
You acquired the trait Elemental Instability Dual -Ice and Electricity-, independently from your own will !
You are now an Unstable Elemental Calcivore

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm
We shall divide into three...
The first will Continue Gassing it...
The Second Will Look for a chink in it's armor...
The third will Flee...
Your swarm split in three. The Royal Guard stays close to the Queen and flee, while the other are assigned different roles (and rolls)
[3] The first swarm keep gassing the beast. Some effects can be seen, such as pain, but apart from this the beast don't seem to stop.
[5] The second swarm find a crack in it's armor on the tail ! A recent wound, like something stepped violently on it. The flesh is visible.
[3] The third manage to flee into safety, but still visible to the Shegarian.
Dragon Roll :
[6] The Shegarian breath again his mighty fire, burning away the gassing swarm ! Then he coughs, and the fire stops. It seems it over-exerted itself, and can't breath anymore.
You lose 2HP

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Hidden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:18:51 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2016, 02:13:42 pm »

"Free your loved ones from their suffering, Kardassus."

Let Kardassus finish this.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:23:36 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2016, 02:15:38 pm »

((I'm wondering, are the posts too long to navigate through or are they fine for you currently ?))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2016, 02:18:32 pm »

((Posts are perfectly fine to me. If you want to save on space though, use spoilers, each labeled with a monster's name.))

"Robobert... NOT AFRAID!"

Dig deep into the earth, and throw it at the Humans. Then walk forward, slamming aside those who get in my way.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2016, 02:21:31 pm »

(( Thanks for adding me up! Post lenght is fine for me. I'll accept any changes you'd want to make. ))

Search for a small creature to devour. If infravision brings nothing, head to the forest.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 146