Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295932 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [8/8]
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2016, 09:49:57 pm »

Turn 14

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
Yes. I decide to go the opposite way of the monster
[6] You go in the opposite way, not going to mess with this thing. The thick vegetation blocks out the sunlight as you dwell deeper in the forest. You can't see the ground anymore, only roots and grasses entangled all over. You hear a deep, grave voice.
"What a strange being. You are not from the forest are you ?"

A humanoid made of wood and vines is standing up in front of you. Leaves seem to form a hair and a barb, giving it a wise air. His eye sockets glows bright yellow.

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm
we shall Attack whatever large creature is makeing all that noise.
You order the swarm to stand ground and wait for the source of the noise to come here. Workers feel uneasy.
You wait.

Then suddenly, the trees in front of you are crushed and thrown on the side by a humongous reptilian creature. Its emerald spiky scales reflect the sunlight back at your swarm.
This is an adult Shegarian, a variant of terrestrial dragon, and it is rampaging toward your swarm.
[4] Your swarm manages to dodge the rampaging dragon and latches onto its scales. But they are too hard, even your fangs can't pierce them.

The dragon doesn't even stop and keep destroying the forest.

Ulkas the Quasit
Now, with my presence properly secured, begin with the hunt!
[6] You begin looking for preys in the vicinity. But the castle is devoid of life, protected by the dutiful Metal Guardian. Still, you keep looking for something here.
You enter what was once a great hall. An armored being the size of a man stands in the middle of it. Without turning toward you, he says in a cold and metallic voice :
"You managed to pass the Metal Guardian ? Who are you to disturb this place ? State your intent."

Shiny the Mana Shardling
Absorb the residual mana in the air from the explosion and heal myself.
[1] You try to absorb the residual mana in the air, but you fail too. Even worse, the explosion created a mana vacuum phenomenon, and your whole remaining mana is drained by the air !
You lost all your remaining mana

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton
Dahak flails his arms around in a chorus of bones clattering.

"THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA I SHOULD NEVER HAVE DOUBTED THAT DWEEBS LIKE YOURSELVES WOULD ACTUALY CHALLENGE THIS THING"

Dahak recomposes himself, resolving to actualy fight the damn thing

"Alright, you go on and try to flank it, I'm going try something, and even if it fails, it should distract it long enough to give you guys a clean shot. ITS TIME TO SMOOCHSPOOK A GHOST"

Dahak then slowly quiets himself, then seems to open his jaw in a very disturbing way, it looks like its almost unhinging itself from his skull. The glow inside his skull seems to brighten into a deep red, and suddenly a terrible shriek blares out, filling the air with something scary enough to make a lich flinch, while at the same time performing an unhearthly dance attempting to spook the ghost.

[2] You unleash a soul-crushing shriek, strong enough to stun any normal human. But the amalgamate don't even bulge.
[4] vs [3] You managed to gather its attention though, and tendrils of ectoplasm lash at you ! You manage to dodge some of them, but the rest strikes you in the body. You feel your ribs cracking.
You lose 4 HP

Ferratus the Animated Armor
"Sadness? Is this the woman from your memories, Kardassus? I shall put her out her misery for you, my friend."

Shield and axe combo, with the lance also drawn. Flank it and throw the lance like a javelin, once my skeletal companion distracts the abomination. Then proceed to charge.
"Valiane... Roderick..." mutters Kardassus. "My friend. I knew them. Put them to rest for me."
[3+1]You throw the lance at the busy undead. It lands cleanly in its side, lodging firmly.
[3] You follow with a charge with your shield risen and the axe ready. Hacking at it, you manage to tear some of its mass.

Glint the Calcivore
Is it dead? If so, eat it, rest, and recover. If not, more biting should do the trick.
[5] The Louse lies on its back, the weak underbelly exposed. Thoroughly pissed, you bite it savagely enough to kill it at least three times. A small glowing energy flies toward you.
You fill feel a bit closer to the next stage.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle
If I am safe for now, I tend to my wounds. Otherwise, I attempt to climb to safety and THEN tend to my wounds.
I also watch to see if the beast dies. Perhaps with some care I could salvage flesh from it.

[1] You walk to what you judge is a safe place and begin tending to your wounds, but a corpse suddenly fall on top of you !
You lose 2 HP
[4] After that event, you wait for the rain to stop, and you go watch the beast. It doesn't move. It's dead.
You feel extremely relieved, having somehow survived. You lost your initial loot, but with such a feat, the Queen will surely be very grateful ! You walk into the gaping mouth once you double-checked the creature state.

There is so much flesh and meat. It wasn't an adult one, but it's still really big ! You will never be able to bring all of it to the hive. Still you cut a big portion to prove your feat to the hive. And as you rip away the fleshy bit, a golden stream of energy course through you.
You have enough energy to reach the next stage. You can transform !

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glint the Calcivore (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:19:44 am by Nakéen »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2016, 09:55:54 pm »

"No, I am lost. Hello Leaf-Thing, I am Robobert."

I wave hello at Leaf-Thing
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »

Eat it, rest, and recover. If that works out, go back and speak with the guardians.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2016, 10:02:11 pm »

Return to the red crystal snake-thing and whine for help and guidance.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2016, 10:26:49 pm »

We shall Climb on the Beast and use "Venom Shot" near it's head.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2016, 10:54:58 pm »

"I'm Ulkas and I search for power ever since I was lended some a few hours ago."

If it attacks - flee... As usual.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2016, 11:33:14 pm »

As the stream of golden energy is absorbed, a subtle shift could be noted. It's size grew slightly, and anyone who looked upon it might see a glimmer of greater-than-normal intelligence in it's eyes along with an almost lordly bearing to it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(calling it now, I roll a 1 on my transformation.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:36:02 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2016, 12:05:30 am »

Turn 14a

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
"No, I am lost. Hello Leaf-Thing, I am Robobert."

I wave hello at Leaf-Thing
"My, such a polite behavior for an outsider. I am Arbos, a Sylvarian."
[3] The Sylvarian looks closely at you. Like captivated.

"Pardon my closeness, but I am naturally curious and your...condition interest me. You are one of those monsters that can absorb the essences right ? I can feel it from you, no need to say anything."

You follow his incessant rambling, not really caring about essence-this monster-that. You just want to get out of this maze.

"Am I perhaps too talkative ? Sorry sorry. You said you were lost. The forest is treacherous to outsiders, you will need a guide. Will you accept my help ? Of course I am not acting purely out of disinterest, this is the first time I meet a being able to absorb the essences."

You understand that he will help you get out of here. Okay then. You follow the overly talkative wood-man.

Glint the Calcivore
Eat it, rest, and recover. If that works out, go back and speak with the guardians.
[6] You decide to eat it and rest a little before returning to the crystal shrine. You sleep for a while, too long actually. When you come to your senses, the sun is on the other side of the sky. You overslept !
You recovered 2HP

You then hurriedly set off to meet back the Crystal Guardians. Once you arrive, they greet you with a big laugh :
"What took you so long ? Don't tell me you had a problem killing those harmless creatures, hahaha !"
"Enough. At least, he passed the test. He has a good affinity with the essence, you were right brother."
"Then then then ! The next test, now !"

They look at you, and the Pyrolith explains the last test to you :
"The last test will be really simple. We will try to determine toward which element you have the strongest affinity. For this, we will blast you with different elemental attacks. You may die. You can still back off if you want."

Shiny the Mana Shardling
Return to the red crystal snake-thing and whine for help and guidance.
[5] You return without a hitch to the cavern of Karalion. When he sees you in such a state, he says :
"So this sudden explosion was your doing ? Can't say I'm not surprised, but I'm glad you are okay."

You explain him the events, and he appear impressed.
"I didn't expect you to survive an encounter with a Crystaloid, you have some tough luck. Anyway, I see you are on the brink of evolving. I will begin explaining many things, try to keep up."

He begins explaining :
"You possess the power to absorb the essence of those you kill or consume. With sufficient essence, a monster can evolve. A normal monster accumulates essence slowly during his whole life. But not the essence absorbers, these monsters can gather the essence of other beings, and grow impossibly fast. Like you."

"And there we come to the elemental crystals. With this power of yours, you could possibly modify your body to harness their power and use the energy hidden within them. Now, time for some practice."

He suddenly breaks apart two huge pieces from his body and put them in front of you.

"Now, consume them. You will understand my lesson."

We shall Climb on the Beast and use "Venom Shot" near it's head.
[5] Your swarm climbs on the raging beast head and use the Venom Shot near its respiratory orifice. The effect is immediate.
The Shegarian immediately stops his rampage, and begin violently expelling air. But the poison is already here, it hurts him. It pisses him.
The dragon turns his attention toward your swarm.
[4] vs [2] After locating you on his head, he lower his head close to the ground and inspires deeply.
Then, he breathes a magical fire of emerald flames, engulfing himself. Your swarm is caught in the magical flames, and the Xenotraths unfortunate enough to get hit burn away immediately !
You lose 8HP

Ulkas the Quasit
"I'm Ulkas and I search for power ever since I was lended some a few hours ago."

If it attacks - flee... As usual.
[4]"Power is the quest of every man" he states. "You didn't try to hide your feelings. Good for you. I would have cut you down if you tried to lie to me. You see, my death was betrayal and lying-related. Even in my unlife, I still keep a bitter enmity toward liars and traitors."

He turns toward you, revealing an empty suit of armor with some kind of spirit inhabiting it.
"I'm Dovarus. Last knight lord of this ruined castle. I am the last soul that still vividly remember my past life here. What kind of power do you seek ? Control over others ? Raw might ? I will hear you out."

He is actually a pretty decent guy when you think of it.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
As the stream of golden energy is absorbed, a subtle shift could be noted. It's size grew slightly, and anyone who looked upon it might see a glimmer of greater-than-normal intelligence in it's eyes along with an almost lordly bearing to it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(calling it now, I roll a 1 on my transformation.)
((you stated two attributes instead of one. Increasing INT for now, tell me if you rather have CON))

Transformation Success Roll : [3]
You shine brightly. Your body grow. What is this marvelous feeling of power ?
As you ponder this question, your appearance change.

Intricate patterns draw themselves on your chitin. They have this noble feeling of royalty.
Your body grow, and your mind sharpens.
You feel new possibilities within you, like if your powers increased.

You gained +1 Intelligence
You acquired the trait Noble
You acquired the skill Distort
You are now an Aradian Mirage Beetle-Lord

Monsters :

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:29:35 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2016, 12:07:37 am »

(INT is fine, it goes with my mind control build.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2016, 12:18:12 am »

Ask If I could rest and heal first. When I'm at full HP, give them the go-ahead.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2016, 12:22:21 am »

"Greetings, Dovarus. As for power that I seek... It's the power to be myself, not bending knee and neck to every whim of others. As such, I think I'd need all kinds of power, in some proportion, of course. Raw might, precise control, physical and mental stability... They seem like a pieces of one puzzle to me."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2016, 12:24:55 am »

((When I'm at it, since no one landed a [1] yet on a transformation roll, let me tell you what will happen :
your transformation will go wildly, and you could end up close to far from what you initially had in mind.
Your chosen attributes won't be affected, but your traits and skills will.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2016, 01:03:51 am »

Returning to the queen with their prize, they would ask for any knowledge that might aid them in establishing a new colony. It was time to strike out and create a new hive to ensure diversity.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2016, 01:11:43 am »

We shall Fill the beast's lungs with poison (Hopefully the Explosively flammable kind).
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2016, 02:28:46 am »

Turn 14b

Glint the Calcivore
Ask If I could rest and heal first. When I'm at full HP, give them the go-ahead.
"Huh ? You don't actually seem to need to rest. Furthermore, we are a bit impatient." says the Pyrolith.

((You are already at full health))
You nod to tell them you are ready. The Pyrolith asks you to stand at a certain place and you execute yourself.

[3] "First will be Fire." he says as a burst of flames engulfs you.
You resist barely, you lose 2 HP
[5] "Second is Ice."
The temperature of the surrounding air suddenly drops. You end up encased in ice, but you don't take any damage. You feel...great. The Cryolith nod at his fellows.
[6] "Third is Electricity !"
A bolt strikes you in the body, and you take the attack rather well. Too well. The bolt is partially deflected and strike the Pyrolith !

"Ow. That was very interesting, you pass without fail. It seems your latent elemental affinity is really strong, but tend more toward ice and electricity. This is incredible, really."
"You can touch the elemental crystal now. Go."
"I'm eager to see the result, haha !"

You approach the crystal. On closer look, it constantly changes color. A mysterious aura emanates from it.

You touch it, and you feel filled with energy !

You can now transform !
Because of the circumstances, you are allowed an elemental trait and skill, the GM will choose one for you if you don't

Ulkas the Quasit
"Greetings, Dovarus. As for power that I seek... It's the power to be myself, not bending knee and neck to every whim of others. As such, I think I'd need all kinds of power, in some proportion, of course. Raw might, precise control, physical and mental stability... They seem like a pieces of one puzzle to me."
[3] Dovarus thinks. "I see. A noble answer indeed. I am sure you are bound to a strong destiny. Let me think... I may have an idea suiting you. As a soul with a long life and unlife, I came to understand the source of power of what humans call monsters. Oh I was one, a human. That was long ago. But I digress."

He keeps talking :
"You must already know of the simplest method. Kill, consume and absorb their lifeforce. But their are actually other means of gathering power. Means unknowns to the generic "monster". This is the first one. The second one is by finding special lifeforce container, I heard of crystals, trees, even clouds. But finding a natural lifeforce container is a rare occurrence."

"Then for the third method, creating lifeforce from an other energy source. This one is a bit tricky, as it seems to require some pre-requisites and necessitate a lot of energy. Said energy can be pure mana, elemental energy or even emotions like fear or happiness."

He seems to hesitate a little, as if he were unsure of whether or not continue explaining you all this.
"And for the last method I heard of. This one is...risky. Have you heard of "feeding" ? It's basically when a strong monster give a part of himself to a weaker one, thus giving him lifeforce. Well, the last method is close to this. But it doesn't involve two monsters. It involves a deity. By making a pact with a willing god, one can gain a lot of power. But no pact goes without a price. Gods are greedy and malicious beings, never get fooled. Once you become linked to one, you are forever their slave."

He chuckles.
"You must be thinking, why would I talk about this if this was so risky ? Well simple my guest, I know of a way to "trick a god". But be warned. It is still risky, and will probably never work a second time : gods communicates between each other, whatever the deity's cult says. You will sadly need one thing : a suitable empty lifeforce container. They are extremely hard to find so good luck. Then, contact a deity to make a pact with her. And use the container as an intermediate between the deity and you, it's extremely important. Before the pact is complete, you will have to break the container to sever the link with the deity."

"And remember. Never let the deity have the slightest doubt, make them think they are in control."

Still carried away in his long speech, he doesn't stop. Not needing to breath is helping him never break his speech.
"You remember I said liferforce containers were hard to come upon ? Well, fortunately for you, there happens to be a lifeforce container in the treasure room. It's the ancient crown of the ruler of this place. Watch out though. There is an artificial being guarding the treasure, we called it the Gold Sentinel back in the days. But don't get fooled. It's golden color is only plating, it's actually made of steel."

"If you have any question, just comes to me. I will be here, I'm always here."

He said the last sentence with a touch of loneliness.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
Returning to the queen with their prize, they would ask for any knowledge that might aid them in establishing a new colony. It was time to strike out and create a new hive to ensure diversity.
You return to the hive with your prize and the tale of your feat. The Queen is greatly pleased by your actions, and agreeably surprised at your change in form.
[1] But when you speak of your plan of a new colony and diversity, her tone changes abruptly.
"What do you dare suggesting ?" she says with a hostile tone.

We shall Fill the beast's lungs with poison (Hopefully the Explosively flammable kind).
[3] vs [4] You order your brave Warriors to enter into its mouth and poison its lungs. They rushes through the throat, but they soon realize magical fire is burning constantly in the back of its mouth and prevents further progress ! The first Xenotraths are burned to death.
You lose 1 HP

Shegarian dragon turn :
[3] The dragon use his powerful tail to sweep at the cloud of Xenotraths ! He manages to catch the slowest ones.
You lose 3 HP

Monsters :

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:29:51 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 146