Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295958 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [8/8]
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2016, 05:03:55 pm »

"Ack! While not exactly the most stuffed skull in the graveyard, being undead myself, I know a big fiend when I see one! He must've formed out of the tormented souls of the people that used to live here. He's probably been haunting this for a good while now. The bastard is prob some jerksome territorial haunt. I should prob get my femurs moving and get out of there" Attempt to slowly back away from the aparition and run to the forest. Being undead myself, I will probably not attract the apparition's attention further if I don't mess with the village anymore.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:05:32 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2016, 05:13:49 pm »

Listen to what they have to say about the test, and agree to take it.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2016, 06:11:17 pm »

Turn 11

Shiny the Mana Sparkling :
Go forth into the cave area and find something to squish. Then fling some mana sparks at it.
You leave to explore the caverns, looking for some weak being to kill.
[3] Around a corner, a strange mass of wiggling tentacles stumbles upon you. It instantly tries to attack you, but you are faster.
[6] Focusing your mana, you launch a powerful mana spark on your aggressor.
You lose 5 MP.
The cyan bolt of energy light the whole cavern and fry neatly the tentacle mass, which explodes violently.

But the flash of light didn't go unnoticed, and as you gather the dead creature's essence, you feel something coming closer.

You have gained 1 essence.

Ferratus the Animated Armor
Ferratus will wield his axe and lance at the same time. He'll stab with the lance or use the axe, depending on the range between him and the wraith. Try to attack it in the moment it becomes corporeal.
[1] You arm yourself with the axe in the left gauntlet and the lance in the right one. And as you prepare to strike, you feel a sudden chill : a burst of negative energy explodes at your feet ! You lose hold of the axe and the lance, and are sent flinging in a wall.
You lose 5 HP

You realize you underestimated the opponent. This is not a simple wraith, this one seem to be able to use negative energy.

"Are you okay Ferratus ?" asks Kardassus worriedly.

Ulkas the Quasit
Kill, eat & travel west, to the castle.
[4] You mercilessly kill the weak man, and feed on it. You can feel the essence flowing into you.
You have gained 1 essence
You have recovered 1 MP
[5] Thanks to this newfound information, you take a shortcut and arrive quickly to the ruined castle. The gray stone structure is still standing, built to last for decades. But the abundant vegetation give away the decrepit state of the castle.

Robobert, the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Transformation Success Roll : [4] ((a '4' again ?!))

Your clay moves by itself. Changing. Molding. It feels weird, like when you were molded into life by your master. It was so long ago, you feel nostalgic.

Your size increase as the clay somehow multiplies itself.
Your clay skin changes color, turning from the pink to a light beige. Even the consistence of your skin morph, you now have some excess clay balls.
Then suddenly, wood burst out of your clay and form an armor around you ! It feels invasive, but once it is done, it doesn't feel that bad anymore.

You gained +1 Strength and +5 HP
You lost the trait Big
You acquired the trait Very Big
You acquired the trait Clay Balls
You acquired the trait Wood Armor, independently from your will !
You are now a Beige Clay-Wood Giant

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle
Depositing the remains for the queen to pick through at her leisure, I would set out again to bring more food to my current hive. The more successful hunts I can do, the better.
[1] Eager to offer the Queen your prize, you pay less attention then usual to your surroundings.
On the way back to the hive, you walk in a vast sandy zone. Then without a warning, the sandy ground crumbles under your feet, and sink deeper ! Then like a whirlpool of sand, the sand whirl toward and around a single point : a big toothy maw.

It's a trap ! You walked right into a Sarlac nest !

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm
Spoiler: Evolve! (click to show/hide)
Transformation Success Roll : [4] ((seriously whaaaat xD))

The more you feed on this flesh, the stronger you feel. The Queen is pulsing with an unseen force. Change is coming.

The chitin of the Xenotraths thicken and harden. Spikes emerges from the new chitinous armor.
Poison courses through their system, accumulating in a poisonous sack on their back.
Then in the plan of the Queen, a wrench disturbs the whole machinery.
Some warriors twitch and fidget. Suddenly they morph, becoming a whole new Xenotrath caste. Bulkier and stronger than usual warriors, the Royal Guard caste is born.

You have gained +1 Constitution and +5 HP
You acquired the trait Spiky Chitin
You acquired the skill Venom Shot
You acquired the trait Caste: Royal Guard, independently from your will !
You are now a Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton
"Ack! While not exactly the most stuffed skull in the graveyard, being undead myself, I know a big fiend when I see one! He must've formed out of the tormented souls of the people that used to live here. He's probably been haunting this for a good while now. The bastard is prob some jerksome territorial haunt. I should prob get my femurs moving and get out of there" Attempt to slowly back away from the aparition and run to the forest. Being undead myself, I will probably not attract the apparition's attention further if I don't mess with the village anymore.
[4] You quickly decide to not mess with such a monster. It must at least be a stage 1 creature, and you will not mess with it.
You rush through the village, heading toward the forest. The tormented souls amalgam don't follow you.
But suddenly, you come across another fight : an Animated Armor is fighting what seem to be a Wraith. They haven't seen you, and nothing stands in your way toward the forest. What will you do ?

Glint the Calcivore
Listen to what they have to say about the test, and agree to take it.
You accept his offer. The Pyrolith nods positively, and explains the test :
"It's actually a really simple test, don't worry. We need to see if you have the required potential to benefit from the crystal. To determine this, we will have you "kill" something."

He points at a nearby quartz formation.
"There should be easy targets up there. Just kill something and come back. This will be the first part of the test. Try to keep some strengths for the second, it's the hardest."

The Electrolith chuckles.
[3] You do as he said, and head toward the quartz formation. You see a Quartz Louse, it should do the trick.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glint the Calcivore (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:57:04 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2016, 06:12:28 pm »

((seriously, all those '4' on transformation rolls are crazy.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2016, 06:16:02 pm »

Now We shall resume the Hunt...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2016, 06:17:56 pm »

Perfect. This would be my hunting grounds for now.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2016, 06:19:30 pm »

Get the Quartz Louse to look at me long enough to mesmerize it, then give it a quick bite. If I manage to inject my venom, stand back and wait for it to do its work.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2016, 06:22:13 pm »

"I can still fight. But we'll need to settle this quickly, lest we be forced to retreat. Or worse."

Charge! Throw the shield at it as I close the distance and follow up with my zweihander.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2016, 06:44:29 pm »

(wow. talk about a impossible situation. I'm basically dead cause I can't fly, and can't crawl out. your usage of star wars amuses me though.
I also seem to be acting as a luck siphon for other players transforming. I have almost always gotten a 1 during someone else's transformation and they have always gotten a 4.)
Scrabbling  quickly for the edge of the sand, I would quickly try to climb back out before the maw gets too close. This looks like a very grim situation.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:50:37 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2016, 06:59:46 pm »

"I'll get revenge for this blunder you collective ghostly dweeb!" screams Dahak in his inherently spooky voice, then he stumbles into the altercation between a knight that has seemingly hilariously miscasted an invisibility spell and made only his body invisible, leaving his armor completely unaffected, and a wraith, altough this one seems to be significantly weaker then the huge amalgamation of otherwordly agressiveness witnessed before.

"Ack! Maybe that mass of peasant souls sent one of his cronies after me after all! Altough I didn't notice any other presences.. The stupid knight seems to be having trouble with it, but he's at least keeping it busy. I should probably strike the damn thing down, or else it might follow me after eating the armored idiot!"

Dahak charges like a skeletal bat out of the nine hells at the wraith, swiping his pointy fingerbones like an angry apparation!
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2016, 07:06:41 pm »

Turn 12

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm
Now We shall resume the Hunt...
[2] You decide to resume hunting. You scour the plain, but in daylight your deadly swarm is easily visible. You don't really manage to catch anything, apart from small animals for sustenance.
Your swarm wandered a lot. The forest is still north, and the plains extend West and end East by a mountain range.

Ulkas the Quasit
Perfect. This would be my hunting grounds for now.
[1] You wander into the castle, determined to find a living being to kill. A rumble is heard, something heavy is coming your way.
Then the wall blow up and an immense humanoid figure emerge ! It's a Metal Guardian, an artificial being crafted to protect places from intruders !
[4] You manage to roll away from the debris path.

Glint the Calcivore
Get the Quartz Louse to look at me long enough to mesmerize it, then give it a quick bite. If I manage to inject my venom, stand back and wait for it to do its work.
[2] You try to mesmerize the Louse, but it doesn't even dare looking at you. It just roll into a ball of quartz.
[4] Thankfully, you are knowledgeable of your prey. Quartz Louses weakness lie in the small interstice in its armor. You bite in a specific place, and wait.
[1] You wait, and wait. And nothing happens. This Louse seems immune to your venom, and its calcifying properties to strengthen its gaps !

Ferratus the Animated Armor
"I can still fight. But we'll need to settle this quickly, lest we be forced to retreat. Or worse."

Charge! Throw the shield at it as I close the distance and follow up with my zweihander.
[6] You charge and throw your shield Cpt. America style like a disk, the spinning shield violently strikes the Wraith. Somehow the shield bounces and fly into a wall. It then ricochets back to you !
[3] You barely manage to dodge the flying shield.
[6] vs [2] You slash the monster downward with your zweihander, inflicting it heavy damages ! But your sword locks firmly into the ground.

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton
"I'll get revenge for this blunder you collective ghostly dweeb!" screams Dahak in his inherently spooky voice, then he stumbles into the altercation between a knight that has seemingly hilariously miscasted an invisibility spell and made only his body invisible, leaving his armor completely unaffected, and a wraith, altough this one seems to be significantly weaker then the huge amalgamation of otherwordly agressiveness witnessed before.

"Ack! Maybe that mass of peasant souls sent one of his cronies after me after all! Altough I didn't notice any other presences.. The stupid knight seems to be having trouble with it, but he's at least keeping it busy. I should probably strike the damn thing down, or else it might follow me after eating the armored idiot!"

Dahak charges like a skeletal bat out of the nine hells at the wraith, swiping his pointy fingerbones like an angry apparation!
[4] Flaying wildly like a crazy spooky skeleton, Dahak stab the Wraith from behind and sink its bony hand into the Wraith corporeal body ! The monster screeches in pain and slowly fades away, leaving only a piece of ragged clothes.
A golden thread of energy begin to head toward Ferratus, but it is suddenly torn into two ! One part goes into Ferratus and the other into Dahak.
Dahak feels a bit closer to the next stage
Ferratus feels a bit closer to the next stage

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle
(wow. talk about a impossible situation. I'm basically dead cause I can't fly, and can't crawl out. your usage of star wars amuses me though.
I also seem to be acting as a luck siphon for other players transforming. I have almost always gotten a 1 during someone else's transformation and they have always gotten a 4.)
Scrabbling  quickly for the edge of the sand, I would quickly try to climb back out before the maw gets too close. This looks like a very grim situation.
((well, the "Sarlac" is so popular in the monster culture that it's found everywhere now :D ))
[6] You scrabble at the edge of the sand, managing to get closer to the safe zone ! You grab something hard and pull on it, but it triggers a massive sandslide which makes you fall even further toward your death.
You still have the object in your grasp : a large pointy tusk of unknown origin.
[4] You fall into the creature mouth, and prepare yourself to die. But the mouth doesn't close ! Instead, it seems something is obstructing its throat, maybe your accidental landslide is responsible.
[emphasis]You have a big, pointy thingy with you. What will you do ?[/emphasis][/i]

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
"Friend, me feel strong! Is Gord okay?"
Help Gord up. Find rocks to heal himself self
You help Gord sits down.
[2] You try to find some rocks, but you don't find any. When you come back your friend is still in a pitiful state, but he reassures you :
"Me will recover. No worry. And see ? Now you stronger. What you do next now ?"

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glint the Calcivore (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:16:09 am by Nakéen »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »

"Friend, me feel strong! Is Gord okay?"
Help Gord up. Find rocks to heal himself self
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2016, 07:09:40 pm »

((updated with your action Salsa))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2016, 07:17:40 pm »

Crush it in my jaws!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2016, 07:22:13 pm »

Try to subtly control it and making me a 'guest' instead of 'intruder'.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 146