Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295964 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [7/7]
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »

Try to gather more information about the world before finishing and eating the human, as I have no immediate use for him. Move out accordingly to the information acquired - I still need more victims to fuel my growing powers.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2016, 03:04:07 pm »

Greet the Pyrolith and have a chat. At some point, crank mesmerizing up to full. Maybe ask it what the crystal is if I get a chance?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2016, 03:05:21 pm »

Smash the tree into pieces as I try to free Gord
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2016, 03:12:41 pm »

Approach the village.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2016, 03:15:07 pm »

Ack, humans are dangerous, but animals may not be so easily scared by a dancing pile of bones. I prey on fear! I head to the abandoned village, hoping to find weak indigent humans to prey upon.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »

"Greetings. I am Shiny, a Mana Shardling. My goal is to pass through and feed on mana. What is this place, what are these crystals? They feel similar to the mana crystals I know from the upper caves, yet they are certainly different."

As we speak, use the increase of mana in the air due to the mana crystals to send out mana in almost a sonar pulse. Use this to examine my surroundings.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2016, 03:45:57 pm »

Turn 10

The sun rays shine upon the vast land. This is dawn, a new day begin.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle
Take it back to our queen after having our own fill.
[4] You feed on the dead biped, and unknowingly absorb a golden energy. The meat is scarce, but tasty. Your wounds heal.
You feel closer to the next stage.
You recovered all your remaining HP
You keep the best parts for the Queen, and head back toward the nest.

Ulkas the Quasit
Try to gather more information about the world before finishing and eating the human, as I have no immediate use for him. Move out accordingly to the information acquired - I still need more victims to fuel my growing powers.
[2+1] You focus to keep control of the being.
You lost 2 MP
"Tell me more about the world" you ask.

The human answers with a monotone voice :
"I don't know much about the world. I never strayed far from home. Here is what I know :
-the Elon woods is in the center of the map I know of.
-West of it there is an abandoned castle and villages. Further is my home. Further west is the kingdom of Fordania.
-North is the Copper Desert. No one knows what lie there.
-South are the Hau Steppes.
-East is the Evil Mountains. Evil creatures are rumored to live there.

You chuckles when he mentions the "Evil Mountains". If he knew.

Glint the Calcivore
Greet the Pyrolith and have a chat. At some point, crank mesmerizing up to full. Maybe ask it what the crystal is if I get a chance?
[4] ((Haha, the Pyrolith would have melted your face if your roll had been negative))
You greet the Pyrolith with respect, speaking in the crystal tongue. He greets you, surprised.
"Uncanny. Monsters usually avoid this place. Don't you know we are its guardian ?"

"We" ? As you wonder why he said "we", two more crystalline beings appear. A bright blue bulky bipedal one, and a bright yellow levitating being with four arms. Those are respectively a Cryolith and an Electrolith.

"Greeting courageous being. You don't seem to harbor hostile intentions. Why did you come here ?" his tone is calm.

You ask about the strange crystal in the middle.

"This ! This is the very reason we guard this place ! This is an elemental crystal, a powerful device that can radically transform crystalline beings !" he yells with an electric voice.

"It seems to interest you. I got an idea. Would you like to pass a test ? If you pass it, we could let you access the elemental crystal."

Robobert the Clay Giant
Smash the tree into pieces as I try to free Gord
[5] "YOU LEAVE FRIEND !" you shout with a powerful voice. You violently smash the tree, and it is cloven asunder !
As it lays withering, another golden stream like with the Vorg Bear comes toward you.

"THIS ! THIS ESSENCE ! YOU ABSORB AND GET STRONG !" exclaims the Golem, still on the ground.

"You have gathered enough essence to reach the next stage. You can transform."

Ferratus the Animated Armor
Approach the village.
[2] You approach the abandoned village. There is nothing alive here. Then you feel something chilly, right behind you.
You turn back, and a spectral wraith screeches at you ! It's body seems gaseous, like smoke. But you know they can be hurt, if you strike them when they are using their solid form.

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton
Ack, humans are dangerous, but animals may not be so easily scared by a dancing pile of bones. I prey on fear! I head to the abandoned village, hoping to find weak indigent humans to prey upon.
You head toward the abandoned village. Suddenly a piercing shriek resonates ! A wraith here ?
[6] The noise disturbs a far greater menace. You see appearing from a small street a cloaked figure. A pale glow escapes from its hood. The figure raises the head and open its cloak.
A tormented oversoul. An amalgam of forsaken souls bent on hatred and destruction. Twisted visages and screams run through this weird mass of ectoplasmic matter. You feel uneasy.

Shiny the Mana Shardling
"Greetings. I am Shiny, a Mana Shardling. My goal is to pass through and feed on mana. What is this place, what are these crystals? They feel similar to the mana crystals I know from the upper caves, yet they are certainly different."

As we speak, use the increase of mana in the air due to the mana crystals to send out mana in almost a sonar pulse. Use this to examine my surroundings.
[4] Karalion the snake listens to you closely.
"Ah I see. You are a youngling in a quest of growth. And you decided to come to the deeps for this ? Your bravery is commendable."

He stops you when he notices you are trying to send a sonar pulse. "Don't do this" he says, and then explains something :
"Those colored crystals are elemental crystals. They contain some mana, but also elemental energy. If you disturb them with mana, they at best only resonate and at worst expel all their energy in a violent burst. It's a good thing you met me."

He inspects you closely.
"Interesting. You seem to have already awakened to your essence. But you are still colorless. Gather more essence, and come back to me when you will be on the brink of your next stage. I will teach you the way of the elemental crystals then."

"Oh, and a piece of advice. Stronger crystalline beings are drawn to bigger crystals. Don't fret near big crystals if you value your life."

BroodQueen J9622-5 the Xenotrath Swarm
Finish slaying that Toad.
[3] vs [6] The swarm keep tearing at the Toad flesh, but the Toad counterattack with even more gas !
You lose 3 HP
Nearly all Xenotraths are dead, only the Queen and some elder Warriors are standing. Then, the Toad suddenly belch and retch. It vomits blood, and it falls dead on the side. It seems like its own poison killed it.

[6] You need meat, but the Toad flesh may be poisoned. Carefully selecting the pieces, you feed the remaining swarm and rest. The golden energy is again absorbed by the Queen.
You accumulated enough essence to transform to the next stage.
You recover 4HP

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glint the Calcivore (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:56:56 am by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2016, 03:49:24 pm »

Go forth into the cave area and find something to squish. Then fling some mana sparks at it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [8/8]
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2016, 03:57:17 pm »

Ferratus will wield his axe and lance at the same time. He'll stab with the lance or use the axe, depending on the range between him and the wraith. Try to attack it in the moment it becomes corporeal.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2016, 04:01:51 pm »

Kill, eat & travel west, to the castle.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 04:06:03 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 04:13:46 pm »

((added this to the main turn and updated your sheet.))

BroodQueen J9622-5 the Xenotrath Swarm
[3] vs [6] The swarm keep tearing at the Toad flesh, but the Toad counterattack with even more gas !
You lose 3 HP
Nearly all Xenotraths are dead, only the Queen and some elder Warriors are standing. Then, the Toad suddenly belch and retch. It vomits blood, and it falls dead on the side. It seems like its own poison killed it.

[6] You need meat, but the Toad flesh may be poisoned. Carefully selecting the pieces, you feed the remaining swarm and rest. The golden energy is again absorbed by the Queen.
You accumulated enough essence to transform to the next stage.
You recover 4HP

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:15:48 pm by Nakéen »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:40:40 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2016, 04:26:49 pm »

Depositing the remains for the queen to pick through at her leisure, I would set out again to bring more food to my current hive. The more successful hunts I can do, the better.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2016, 04:39:17 pm »

Spoiler: Evolve! (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 146