Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294630 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: (on indefinite hiatus due to RL) You are a Monster RTD - Turn 73
« Reply #2115 on: July 27, 2017, 06:39:30 am »

Take your time nakeen, we're not going anywhere too terribly soon, though you might have to start over with how long a hiatus it's been. Just make sure your brother is okay, family should always come first.
With the situation in-game world is in, I think it would be possible to fast-forvard events a bit & begin a second game stage, letting new players start at higher stage. More action, massive combat and all other fun things. But thats up to Nakeen to decide, when he returns.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 27, 2017, 07:57:54 am »

But what about the sylvarians :( they were under attack and I was trying to protect them and now they will die in the fast foward and the forest will be destroyed if we fast foward.

also i know your brother is more important than this i understand sorry i hope everything is solved also this rtd was awesome i loved all the characters and creatures so im kind of sand but i understand that family is more important
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 27, 2017, 10:10:24 am »

Family is definitely important, and don't worry about people losing interest in the game.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 02, 2017, 01:53:37 am »

Hey all! Great news, all the problems that had been weighing on me are gone. My brother is all well and good, and he is actually coming back home in roughly a week from now. All the financial stuff was solved, and he is ready to start anew.

So am I, as with that burden lifted, I truly feel born anew. Being stressed for others is no joke, especially family. Lesson learnt, I won't let such a situation go on for that long ever again.

Anyway, my new laptop is going to come in the mail soon, in roughly a week if nothing goes wrong. And with that, I will be able to properly resume this game, and very probably more.

Wish you all great health, see you soon!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (scheduled to come back soon) You are a Monster RTD - Turn 73
« Reply #2119 on: September 02, 2017, 02:53:05 am »

I'm expecting great thing from you!  ;D
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 02, 2017, 03:02:37 am »

Cool this thread has always been cool to watch and it will be nice to have it back. maybe I will get to play at somepoint as wel. But anyway nice to hear good news.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 02, 2017, 11:29:52 am »

Awesome!  :D
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 09, 2017, 04:43:59 pm »

Alright, still on mobile so this isn't an update yet.

With the long hiatus, the game flow was completely messed. I intend to do a timeskip, which would be good to help the game story start anew.

But there are unfinished storylines, so either we could quickly wrap them up, or leave it to the unknown and discover their conclusions later.

My priority is to create an organized info dump on the world we crafted together beforehand ! There are many things out there, that most of you probably missed.

Lastly, and more importantly.

Do you prefer to continue the game in this thread or create a new thread ? I for one think a new thread would be better for navigation, but my word is far from absolute.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 09, 2017, 04:51:33 pm »

I think a New Thread, and Leaving the conclusions mostly unknown would be best.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 09, 2017, 05:26:17 pm »

A new thread would be nice, perhaps with a parallel history To go along with our soon-to-be abridged original.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: September 09, 2017, 06:18:19 pm »

A new thread would be fine, and those with unfinished storylines could get some big updates with multiple actions or something similar.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: September 09, 2017, 06:43:20 pm »

yeah I say new thread is for the best. My main problem is deciding what sheet to use(when I can play). The Herald adds the most to the lore, but the Maccaos and new idea I thought of have more potential.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: September 09, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »

If you start a new thread can the people playing before get priority places I never really achieved anything except lots of running
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: September 09, 2017, 11:51:01 pm »

I'd say:
1) New thread
2) Unfinished stories should receive an update in either of ways:
- Unseen (revealed in new game with time), but mostly positive - good as we have many people missing
- Rolled for, but not too bad (i.e. bad roll = no achievements, new obstacles) - personally prefer this, as it is RtD  :D
- Perfectly clear and logical - not so great when I think of it =/
3) Timeskip is good, but do not make it too long - from week to several months. Else we will miss too much FUN

Most important question (to me): we continue with old characters, or?

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: September 10, 2017, 09:10:56 am »

Having just finished a brief stint in Roll to Magic, which has over 500 pages right now, I would say only make a new thread if continuing in this one would cause confusion. As for a timeskip, Sure? As for unfinished stories... Depends on if continuing players could logically find out what was happening about them or not. Which I guess also relies on us keeping our old characters during the transition.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:41:56 pm by Rautherdir »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 146