Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295927 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [8/8]
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2016, 07:23:10 pm »

Prepare to fight my foe. When it rounds the corner, zap it with more mana sparks.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2016, 07:23:42 pm »

we shall go Onwards to the forest.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2016, 07:24:20 pm »

Friend say he be fine, I believe friend. Wave goodbye, and venture off into the wilderness
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2016, 07:33:25 pm »

"I am grateful for your help, fellow undead. Well met."

Gather my gear and rest for a while. Try to gather some of the ambient mana, or whatever is left of the wraith to heal/repair myself.

((Also, a question to you folks: I am currently torn between two evolutionary paths for Ferratus and I'm curious which one you would like to see more. One is the kind you'd expect from a animated armor - tanky and will smash you into the ground if you let it (aka Wraith Knight). The other one is giving Ferratus the ability to 'possess' humanoids and will end with him being Soul Edge in armor form (aka Parasite Armor))).
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2016, 07:34:32 pm »

Wedge the tusk as best I can into the mouth to keep it open while I climb out. This might prove difficult since it's basically a gigantic mouth and stomach. Failing that, I can try to carve chunks out of it's innards should I fall back in.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »

Quote from: Hawk132
((Also, a question to you folks: I am currently torn between two evolutionary paths for Ferratus and I'm curious which one you would like to see more. One is the kind you'd expect from a animated armor - tanky and will smash you into the ground if you let it (aka Wraith Knight). The other one is giving Ferratus the ability to 'possess' humanoids and will end with him being Soul Edge in armor form (aka Parasite Armor))).
(Parasite Armour sounds awesome, go for it. Be The One Armour to Rule Them All!)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »

Dahak pounds the remains of the wraith into the ground in an odd display that seems to be 50% hatred for the fallen enemy and 50% victory dance, not hearing what the knight just told him. He then turns his skull to face the knight now awkwardly trying to pull his oversized sword from the ground.

"Look, I dont know what in the abyss you're doing here, or how you managed to miscast an invisibility spell that bad, but this is wraith country! Be thankful you aren't a cleric or I'd be chewing on your invisible face now! But you don't seem like the sort."

Dahak backs away slightly and recomposes himself, pointing to the abandoned village with his thumb bone.

"Here's a piece of advice for the ocasional help, Sir Visible, don't go into that dilapitated village over there, unless you want to bump into this thing's grandparent" He says while rubbing his foot bones onto the rags.

Dahak pauses for a moment, carefuly rubbing his jawbone

"Actualy.. After your hilarious attempt at boomerang shield practice, that sword strike wasn't too bad, and for all I know, this thing may have been some sort of envoy from the boss wraith back there. We may be on the same boat! How about it, feel like teaming up for a bit, Sir Blunder?"

Dahak inquires the suspiciously visible knight about the possibility of temporary jolly cooperation. He also notices whatever the knight seems to be doing, and tries to cooperate by... Sticking the wraith's rags into the knight's armor.

Dahak tries to sport a grin, then remembers he doesn't have lips, so his only expression consists of a very wide toothy grin anyway.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:52:51 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2016, 07:49:22 pm »

"... Sir Visible? I'll take you up on this offer. Jolly cooperation is always welcome. Allow me to introduce myself then. I am Ferratus. There's also Kardassus, who's sharing this vessel with me."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2016, 07:53:38 pm »

(changed Dahak's action a bit)

"That sounds... Uh, crowded, but I guess we're a trio for now, then!"

Dahak now concludes the armor is populated by a pair of gnome illusionists who seem to be operating the same armor. The things you see in undeath.

"You guys lead the way for now, I'm kind of lost here, revenge on that huge ghost would be a decent thing to have, but I'm not sure if the three of us could punch it out of existence, unless you two are feeling brave/suicidal"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:58:08 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2016, 07:57:32 pm »

"I am grateful for your help, fellow undead. Well met."

Gather my gear and rest for a while. Try to gather some of the ambient mana, or whatever is left of the wraith to heal/repair myself.

(wraith knight sounds awesome yet practical, and you could probably get away with disguising yourself as normal armor and then animating to use your skills should your host fail.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2016, 08:03:22 pm »

-snip-
(wraith knight sounds awesome yet practical, and you could probably get away with disguising yourself as normal armor and then animating to use your skills should your host fail.)
((I'm assuming you mixed up Parasite Armor with Wraith Knight there.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2016, 08:06:31 pm »

((currently writing a bit fat post as always. Coming soon. Great ideas for your evolution Hawk132, feel free to use your imagination !))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2016, 08:11:49 pm »

-snip-
((I'm assuming you mixed up Parasite Armor with Wraith Knight there.))
(no. I am mixing them together. Be a heavy hitter, but don't actually possess people. just have them wear you and fight on if they die.)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2016, 08:25:02 pm »

((Parasite Armor kinda does that. It supercharges his host by draining their lifeforce. He can also decide to masquerade as an enchanted suit of armor and just nudge the host to do what he wants, being symbiotic in a way.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2016, 08:26:38 pm »

Turn 13

Glint the Calcivore
Crush it in my jaws!
[2] It's too hard.
[4] The louse excretes a liquid, it's corrosive ! It burns at your glass scales, hurting you.
You lose 2 HP

Ulkas the Quasit
Try to subtly control it and making me a 'guest' instead of 'intruder'.
[5] ((damn. I can't overrule that !))
You initially think of using your powers to manipulate the guest. But you quickly find out the Metal Guardian has no soul or mind. It's just a magical machine following orders blindly. Well, could be worth a try.
You lose 5 MP

You focus hard on the metal behemoth. There is still nothing you can modify inside, damn !

Then suddenly, the Metal Guardian ceases all hostility against you. It seems your magical effort modified the old magic circuits of the Guardian. It passes by you, continuing it's eternal patrol.

Shiny the Mana Shardling
Prepare to fight my foe. When it rounds the corner, zap it with more mana sparks.
[6] Lying in ambush, you wait. Then a big something appear around the corner, and you zap it wildly like the now-fried tentacle mass !
You lose 5 MP

And again, your mana spark goes awry. An impressive electrified mana arc bolts on the unsuspecting creature, reacting with its crystalline body and generating a mana pulse ! The intense light reveals your opponent to you : dozen of arms ending in a sharp claw, a slender body protruding with crystal spikes, a huge gaped maw emitting a chiseling sound. You stumbled upon a Young Ravenous Forar Crystaloid, an extremely dangerous creature hungry of crystalline beings.

What Karalion said was right. First of all, dangerous creatures lurked the deep. Secondly, mana pulses where extremely dangerous in this environment. And you were going to witness it.

Everywhere around you and the Forar Crystaloid, colored crystals began to shake and resonate. At first, small cracking noise could be heard, like a firecracker. Then the noises became more and more numerous, and then, it happened.

Simultaneously, all surrounding crystals detonated, releasing their stored energy in an extremely destructive blast.
[3] Understanding quickly what was going to happen, you searched frantically a cover. But you only managed to partially hide yourself and got caught in the powerful blast.
You lose 8 HP.
[1] The Forar Crystalloid wasn't as lucky as you. To big to take cover and leave the place, it was fully caught in the blast and its own ingested crystals exploded inside its stomach, ripping its body open.

Still stunned by the incredible blast, you lied here semi-conscious, as a massive stream of essence flew toward you from the Crystaloid remains.

You gained 3 essences in one go ! One more essence before being able to transform ! 

Brood Queen J9622-5 the Poisonous Xenotrath Swarm the overly long name that the GM can't remember
we shall go Onwards to the forest.
[1] You head toward the forest. Fascinating, such greenery, such life. Surely the swarm will grow strong here.
And then the roar. The terrible roar. What is it ?
You see animals, insects, monsters rushing toward you. They are fleeing something. Trees fall. Earth tremble.

It is coming.

Robobert the Beige Clay-Wood Giant
Friend say he be fine, I believe friend. Wave goodbye, and venture off into the wilderness
Goodbye friend. waves a bit tearfully the Golem.

[6] You keep venturing into the wilderness, you eventually reach some sort of lair under a large tree. Curious, you look into it and walk on something.
Suddenly, something moves wildly and a deafening roar rips the air around you ! You see a massive figure, bigger than anything you have ever seen rushing outward. It doesn't seem to have realized you were here, maybe your clay-wood skin camouflaged you ?

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle
Wedge the tusk as best I can into the mouth to keep it open while I climb out. This might prove difficult since it's basically a gigantic mouth and stomach. Failing that, I can try to carve chunks out of it's innards should I fall back in.
[4] You wedge the tusk successfully into the mouth and begin to climb out.
[1] ((actually not what you think))
The humongous monster suddenly roar painfully, and you feel the mouth twitching. You hear a strange rumble coming from the deep.
[2] A huge stream of blood, vomit, digestive enzymes and last-meal remains suddenly rise from the deep like a disgusting geyser ! Totally surprised, you are caught into the mixture and hurled upward. You fall outside the pit with force, hurting you in the process.
You lose 3 HP

You hear a painful wail and see streams of blood gushing out of the Sarlak mouth.

Dahak the Spooky Skeleton & Ferratus the Animated Armor cooperation
lot of snip
[3] Ferratus asks first for a small break. He is hurt and would prefer to be in top form before a dangerous fight. Thank to the unlife force concentration in here, he manages to recuperate.
[2] Dahak sticks the wraith rag into Ferratus armor. But without surprise, nothing happens.
You recover 3 HP
Dahak and Ferratus, as fellow not murderous undead quickly decide to team up. Maybe they could take on the abomination lurking in the village ?
They walk together in the ruined street, Dahak cracking jokes and Ferratus not always understanding the strange thought process of the Skeleton.

"Watch out. It's here" warns Dahak.

At this moment emerges from the same street the agglomeration of tormented souls that Dahak fled from. Ferratus feel Kardassus memories emerging. This twisted face is familiar. This wailing, he has heard it before in the form of another voice. He feels sadness.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Glint the Calcivore (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:16:23 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 146