Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295228 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #1320 on: May 19, 2016, 04:49:19 am »

Sub-turn 67.01 :

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
((To the closest guard post or adventurer guild post? Please lead me to the guards, dice. Something tells me going inside any building related to adventurers will be bad.))

"Very well." Caedan turns to the one they call Hark. "Lead on."

Be led.

Snehk the Unseen
- Say soldier, would you mind helping an old man prepare for caravan to Eastarm?

Prepare for a caravan and then leave.
Spoiler: Evening Departure (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Fear Lord
((hoh boy, I was actualy expecting Nihil to be useful this time. Muh expectations >:U))

Dahak suddenly feels good, and not just because he landed in a very cool way. He feels as if a weight was taken off his shoulder.

Dahak glances at delinde, now nailed to a rock by her own fog scythe. The sight is rather distressing, he never saw Delinde actualy get hurt in such a way, he starts yelling at her direction.

HOLY CRAP WOMAN, HANG IN THERE

He realizes he just made an accidental joke. This only serves to further increase his feeling of responsibility over all this.

ERM, SORRY

Dahak then turns to Nihil. He's... Doing something, Dahak assumes, though not anything useful.

COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE ANY MORE USELESS? SNAP OUT OF IT AND HELP DELINDE

Dahak then realizes something's up with the corruptor. It seems a fair bit different then before, maybe the white thing that got into Nihil and was later removed by Delinde had something to do with it? Regardless, it seems to be really scared of Dahak, and it should be. Dahak decides he has to destroy it before anything worse happens.

Make the damn thing FEEL THE FEAR, then try to help Delinde in some way

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas tapped his chin in thought. For such places of power to go unnoticed for so long... There must be some caveat. To think, Fenia said she guarded them, yet she was powerful to begin with, else she would not be able to do so in the first place. On the other hand, she was strictly against their help. So, it might be possible to gather power? Or not? Is this power too thinned out for physical entities to consume, so that only spirits may do so? An interesting thought...

"Balask, you said that power comes from nodus... Yet how come no one aside from spirits used it for so long? Did Fenia even use the nodus she protected from you? If it is possible for us to gather some of its power in a timely manner, as a victory spoils, could we do so? This won't hinder your progress much, since you'll remain here to grow, yet would benefit us greatly."

Inquire about means to get this power to ourselves. Wake Astrosa up if it's possible, else let her sleep and decide on course of action afterwards.

((Nakéen, you're giving Ulkas more and more incentive to kill good-aligned NPC so that evil ones would show up later, grateful for help and much more open to conversation.))

Durst the Rock Seer
".... uhhh....

That way, I believe, young one.
"

Durst points in the direction he THINKS Coridem should be.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
He would give instructions to his puppet soldier to run out and yell for them to open the gates, and then pass out or feign passing out.
"Be ready to attack when the gate opens, we will spring our trap preferably when try to retrieve him. if we can get inside their fort, even better."
He would turn his attention to a loud thump off to his left, spotting a scouting human.
(Note: Cross game interaction in progress.)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
I will Help you Look for your friend.
I Say still talking to the Mindeater

Gray the Metalslinger and Glint the True Arcanivore
Cover up the vein we found with loose dirt, then overload mesmerizing to make the Radasars run into one of the chasms. Or, failing that, just away.
((This is sadly how my luck works. Next roll should be a 5, hopefully.))

Split myself in two. One should start eating through the vein to absorb the essence to the fullest extent I can, leaving a fair share for Glint and Brown, while the other goes to watch in case Glint needs help. Not watching Glint, though. Don't want to get mesmerized.

Roeway the Hell Wolf
Roeway eats his full of the buffet he came across then continues on his way to the surface
Spoiler: Purple Hoverer (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
That is possible that this was once my home but I never the less cannot conclude that this is the case because of the lack of evidence.Evidently, the humans has abandoned this place and the constructs for reasons that are unknown.

Say that while searching the contents of the papers, maybe I find something like an history of the place or list of magical constructs
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:56:15 am by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 19, 2016, 05:07:15 am »

"Phoenix, eh? Well, it starts to make sence... She could have set the temple on fire in the attempt to make us retreat... Yet I doubt that she survived, especially while retaining her previous power, since her essence was torn out from the ruined body and consumed by us. I doubt humans would do this. So, at best, she would be half as strong when born anew... Which might be good or bad news for the spirits of this place, depending on whenever they'll manage to guard nodus from another balancing attempt."

Ulkas chuckled eerily:

"You gave me some hope to meet Fenia again... Her essence was very tasty, after all... Ahm. Do you know how or where she could be reborn, Balask?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 19, 2016, 05:13:55 am »

[If anyone meet Fenia again... I'm torn between giving her a normal elegant appearance or turning her into a loli because of the Essence lost.
Dilemma, dilemma...]

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 19, 2016, 05:21:17 am »

[If anyone meet Fenia again... I'm torn between giving her a normal elegant appearance or turning her into a loli because of the Essence lost.
Dilemma, dilemma...]
((Small phoenix chick with regal bearing? This would be hilarious, indeed. Also, please, do not let her met the demons again, since they would 'farm' her for tasty essence  :())
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 19, 2016, 05:50:20 am »

Rather than risk being skewered by a flying stick, Stormslayer tries to sidestep the attack, before charging at and attempting to pin the fighting human.
"Why are you here alone, human?"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:15:48 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 19, 2016, 05:58:13 am »

"I agree to these terms."

Durst accompanies the humans, listening idly to the fantastic Dr. Hertomal.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 19, 2016, 06:00:09 am »

Taking a surprise hit and seeing a much larger and more dangurous monster Roeway takes the smart option and

FLEE towards the Surface
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 19, 2016, 08:22:57 am »

((snotbrain is the most appropriate nickname ever))

While Dahak regrets sucking at handling fog based apparatus, he's glad Delinde is more or less stabilized.

Keep you mana for an emergency, I'll deal with this with Nihil, that is, when he stops emulating the behavior of a headless chicken.

Dahak glances back at the fight and sees Nihil apparently being drained by the corruptor.

I'M AFRAID HEADLESS CHICKEN BEHAVIOR IS GOING TO PERSIST FOR A WHILE

Dahak wonders if Nihil is some sort of double agent, but that makes no sense. What use is a double agent that happens to be completely useless to both sides?

He then has a stroke of genius.

Wait, they're connected. Maybe this also means their minds are interacting directly, plus Nihil is anchored to Delinde. This means that if I put some fear on everyone in here, the corruptor will end up tripple spooked! Probably :v

Dahak looks back at Delinde.

Uh, try to think happy thoughts for a minute, ok?

Use your fear aura to encompass everyone around you. Watch the effects on the corruptor and make it feel the fear again if it works >:v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 19, 2016, 08:31:04 am »

Follow that trail!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 19, 2016, 09:10:10 am »

Continue onward.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 19, 2016, 10:39:04 am »

"I was wandering during the night and saw a rather large glow in the distance. Knowing that just torches cannot produce such a light, I rushed over and found a burning village, mutilated corpses strewn across the ground. I didn't see whoever cause of the fire, so I tried to find survivors. I managed to find Ramas, who was stuck in one of the buildings. I dragged him out and woke him up. We then looked around some more, hoping to find anyone else. And we did find something. It was a monster Armor that slaughtered the village, looking for more prey. We managed to keep ourselves out of its sight and found Firande with these strange injuries. Considering that she was near a pile of bodies, it looks like the Armor had left her there to bleed out for its amusement. We didn't dare risk getting seen looking for anyone else and took her and ran as fast as we could. That's about it."

Engage bullshitting-just-a-little-bit mode.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 19, 2016, 11:48:06 am »

((Small phoenix chick with regal bearing? This would be hilarious, indeed. Also, please, do not let her met the demons again, since they would 'farm' her for tasty essence  :())
((Oh, even if the rolls end up with you encountering her again, she would have nearly no essence left. I specifically calculated your essence gain and Astrosa's so that she would have 1 essence left))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 19, 2016, 12:06:03 pm »

((Oh, even if the rolls end up with you encountering her again, she would have nearly no essence left. I specifically calculated your essence gain and Astrosa's so that she would have 1 essence left))
((This said, how do you count essence gains? Simply essence_gain = creature_stage*eater_modifiers?

Fenia was at 5th stage, which means ~63 essence to get there. From eating, I got 11, and Astrosa - from 7 to 11 (can't be sure if her gains were smaller). You also said that those gains were actually quadrupled (due to higher essence concentration?). So, from 1/3 to 1/13 of Fenia essence pool was consumed, while the rest was already used in transformations or went back to the World?))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 19, 2016, 12:12:24 pm »

"OK, let's out of here. Much as I'd love to explode again, the Radasars are coming back, and I'm not exactly at my best right now."

Grab everyone, go elsewhere. We can come back later if we need elemental power, but it isn't exactly in our best interest to stay right now.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 19, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »

((This said, how do you count essence gains? Simply essence_gain = creature_stage*eater_modifiers?

Fenia was at 5th stage, which means ~63 essence to get there. From eating, I got 11, and Astrosa - from 7 to 11 (can't be sure if her gains were smaller). You also said that those gains were actually quadrupled (due to higher essence concentration?). So, from 1/3 to 1/13 of Fenia essence pool was consumed, while the rest was already used in transformations or went back to the World?))
((When a monster absorbs essence, it melds into its own essence and the "invisible bar" increase.

Now formula, yes, that is basically the formula I'm using since very recently. (CreatureStage*StageModifier*EaterModifier)

The essence gained has been very inconsistent since the beginning. At first I just gave essence equal to the killed monster stage.

But it raised the problem of weak reward/risk ratio at higher stages, so I added some modifier. Also to "nerf" high-stage farming on lower ones, I arbitrarily added a "no essence gain/essence reduction" once your stage reaches a certain point.

With Fenia, who was the only high-stage monster since a while, I tried deciding that quadrupling (and maybe more) essence gained from beings over 5th stage would be nice.

I am still not so sure about the way StageModifier work. For now I have a :
1 from Stage 0 to 2
2 from Stage 3 to 4
4 from Stage 5 to 6 ?
? from Stage 7 to 8 ?

It is probably going to be subject to change, as the overall goal of Essence is for it to feel rewarding to beat a strong opponent.
And if I realize the current system doesn't satisfy me, I will probably throw more free essence into the deal with in-universe made-up justifications...[Like I always seem to do]))
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 146