Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How become Master of a goblin civilization?  (Read 4440 times)

Conradine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How become Master of a goblin civilization?
« on: February 15, 2016, 02:30:40 pm »

It's enough to kill the master demon and claim the capital?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: How become Master of a goblin civilization?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 03:18:01 pm »

I would probably say bound the demon then retire at the site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 03:25:01 pm »

As far as I know, you can't. See issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8001
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:29:50 pm »

from what I see it's that elven, dwarven, and goblin sites have a raw leadership, where Humans have None, and it's hard coded.
so you're trying to claim a site in a Humany manner than goblin or dwarven or elven way.
sadly there is no way to take over goblin or elven sites by giving them the Human leadership roles.
that said dwarven get an excuse as you could... migrate an adventurer to a player fort and assign them leadership, if you mod them such.
it might be possible to do so with goblin, elves and humans to a degree if you make them fort playable but I guess the power you get in doing so is only in getting access to Talk options where everyone would more likely turn down the option to join a fort or become a High order of Military.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 08:34:13 pm »

You can't become Lawgiver or King/Queen. Killing them doesn't grant you their title, rights and privileges. You can't even get their daughter's hands in marriage for slaying hundreds of megabeasts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:46:24 pm »

You can't become Lawgiver or King/Queen. Killing them doesn't grant you their title, rights and privileges. You can't even get their daughter's hands in marriage for slaying hundreds of megabeasts.
to be fair I was thinking of setting it up in Fort mode and assigning that role to your character like a mayor or hammerer role.
which is loads of modding to get access to stuff like that. that daughter hands in marriage bit going to be tricky I guess either stuffing her in a locker with the adventurer until that works.
or do SCIENCE on how the hell did that dwarf lady marry a FireImp and have a baby with one. then see if you can get a NPC to push the marriage than the adventurer.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 08:49:18 pm »

It probably isn't all that tricky, just having a daughter's hand is probably how babby is formed in DF.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 09:46:43 pm »

@Rumrusher-

Wierd, I'm fairly certain I've successfully claimed a dwarven hillocks. I even had drunkards become my hearths persons before killing the leader and claiming the site. I later came back and died to fighting my adventurer lord whom I previously retired.

Dark fortresses and Necromancer towers I've had no luck though.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 02:19:16 pm »

from what I see it's that elven, dwarven, and goblin sites have a raw leadership, where Humans have None, and it's hard coded.
so you're trying to claim a site in a Humany manner than goblin or dwarven or elven way.
sadly there is no way to take over goblin or elven sites by giving them the Human leadership roles.
that said dwarven get an excuse as you could... migrate an adventurer to a player fort and assign them leadership, if you mod them such.
it might be possible to do so with goblin, elves and humans to a degree if you make them fort playable but I guess the power you get in doing so is only in getting access to Talk options where everyone would more likely turn down the option to join a fort or become a High order of Military.

I gave myself high social stats and after secretly dispatching the mayor in the night I was elected mayor of a hillock, I didn't know however until after I checked legends it didn't notify me ingame.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 05:09:04 am »

Just to clarify. I am quite sure that if you play as a localised goblin adventurer (nothing to be squinted at, given that all it requires is controllable pop's entity tag and some additional nobles that dont override the monarch to make the fortresses functional) you can lead a inssurection against your demon lord and claim the dark tower for yourself using the regular mechanics.

Right now between being a bit of a noob at adventure mode in general, im working on building my very own ginyu force to become famous, influencial and powerful enough to overthrow my master and take armies that threaten the tower and pits head on (as of 0.43.05). Developments of this kind of play will only get more complex when future arcs get involved (magic particularly is hyped because goblins will get access to particular types, typically listed under destructive magic but we'll see.)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 07:39:11 am »

As far as I know, you can't. See issue: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8001

Started the game in a hamlet, there was a dragon posing as a deity there burning everyone, said dragon had claimed the title of master at some point, the lord melted, I killed the dragon, ate the heart, carved up some sweet dragon bone armor and went around finding more beasties. Then I asked this guy about myself since they yielded and I was busy bragging.

"You are a legendary hero, blah blah, legendary hunter, blah blah, you are master."

wut

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 07:50:13 am »

Might makes right. Besides asking nicely to concede, goblins directly inherit by who's the biggest and the baddest of them all.

You killed the former generic law giver master and inherited the title, the dragon took it up because of the variable positions and if i remember correctly the [POWER] tag.

Quote from: Flaaaaavour!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:53:02 am by FantasticDorf »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 07:55:22 am »

Yeah, and I was a hearthperson of the lord who had also been killed (through no fault of my own) so there were no issues with me becoming an enemy or something.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 12:09:25 pm »

Yeah, I think all you did was take advanatage of the fact that mead halls and keeps permit you to take the place over. However, last I checked you couldn't claim nation-level positions like that, so master must've been the generated name for the dragon-owned town's lord-equivalent, not a PROPER master like with goblin civilizations.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:44 pm »

I wasn't the lady of that site though, and I didn't take it over or make any announcement.

There was a lord in the site, and it lists the dragon "creating the position of master through threats of violence" or whatnot.

I snipped out the butchering/crafting shit from the dragon, and then beating up the bandits outside except for the last one, who died right before the game decided I was now a Militia Commayorander Master!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:41:20 pm by Max™ »
Pages: [1] 2