Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How become Master of a goblin civilization?  (Read 4437 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: How become Master of a goblin civilization?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »

Well that is...odd. I blame your "dragon conqueror" sorcery having unintended consequences. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 10:13:49 am »

I wasn't the lady of that site though, and I didn't take it over or make any announcement.

There was a lord in the site, and it lists the dragon "creating the position of master through threats of violence" or whatnot.

I snipped out the butchering/crafting shit from the dragon, and then beating up the bandits outside except for the last one, who died right before the game decided I was now a Militia Commayorander Master!
MAX! Respected true-dwarf, I wish  your beard lengthened forever!
I had been going to ask you to tell the public the recipe owing to which you find yourself in such a delightful adventures.
Undoubtedly, Your stories most instant, crazy, dwarfy and delightful from what I've seen on the bay, at least among of which was associated with Adventure Mode.
Probadly you can record some streams in your adventures?
Periodically watch over your stories already(in WH in ur adventure thread) about a year.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 02:28:27 pm »

Just a mod tuned to let crazy stuff happen more often, and the most important part: having dwarf and human civs building towns instead of fortresses. World-gen forts are tiny comparitively and nothing really happens there.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2016, 12:43:57 am »

Just a mod tuned to let crazy stuff happen more often, and the most important part: having dwarf and human civs building towns instead of fortresses. World-gen forts are tiny comparitively and nothing really happens there.
Were human civs building fortresses previously?
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2016, 02:21:05 am »

Nope, but dwarves were.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 03:05:07 am »

Nope, but dwarves were.
Yar, that's what I meant, that I made it so dwarves AND humans build hamlets/towns, as they're much more interesting and fleshed out than world-gen forts, less laggy too.

I miss the bugginess of randomly finding a fort with the central ramp sunk in a volcano, but I don't miss all the lag.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 04:11:53 pm »

You can't become Lawgiver or King/Queen. Killing them doesn't grant you their title, rights and privileges. You can't even get their daughter's hands in marriage for slaying hundreds of megabeasts.

You can get the hand itself, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 04:48:20 pm »

Lets go chop off some girl's hand and then go to the parents to state that you got her hand, they'd then just assume that it was marriage, its FOOLPROOF!
Just make sure you cut out her tongue too or something, otherwise she might say something she'd regret....

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 05:37:53 pm »

You slash the hand with your +iron short sword+ and the eternal matrimony sails off in an arc! You are married.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 05:45:25 pm »

You slash the hand with your +iron short sword+ and the eternal matrimony sails off in an arc! You are married.

You may now kiss the bride.

You latch onto XUrist McBridle's Decapitated headX's cheek!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 05:55:47 pm »

Romance is a thing that's planned for the future, though :3

Codyrex123

• Bay Watcher
  • The Core shall be ours!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 08:49:40 pm »

Hmm.... I edit some of the traits of my character and he could try luring unsuspecting people into giving him wealth, and then murdering in the night...
I'm excited for the romance update now! :D

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 03:58:16 am »

I wasn't the lady of that site though, and I didn't take it over or make any announcement.

There was a lord in the site, and it lists the dragon "creating the position of master through threats of violence" or whatnot.

I snipped out the butchering/crafting shit from the dragon, and then beating up the bandits outside except for the last one, who died right before the game decided I was now a Militia Commayorander Master!

Since you are a member of the civ you may have inherited the title, probably due to the fact that the lord was dead.

You can inherit a bandit leaders position aswell if you are a lieutenant and kill the bandit leader. (it wont notify you, but you will notice you can now appoint lieutenants, and it will show up in legends), toady should really make it notify you when you get a position that isnt lord.(no matter how mundane) If you have high social stats, as shown earlier, you can also be elected mayor if you are a dwarf in a hillocks. There is 0 indication of it until you check legends mode/ ask people about yourself. Its very strange.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 10:01:25 am »

It wasn't a hillock btw, which is part of the weirdness, dwarf hamlets work fine with some nobles snipped out, the landholder ones all screw with town building so I clipped them.
Pages: 1 [2]