Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pokethaum Dungeons and Dragons [4/4]: And your starter pokemon choices are...  (Read 3371 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Please Note: I will role for your character's stats using a Random Number Generator. I would use a 20 sided die but at present I don't have one at the moment.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pokemon Starters: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evolution Lines (WIP) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:09:29 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokethaum Dungeons and Dragons: Players Wanted [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 06:38:41 pm »

Is it possible to multiclass?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 07:36:18 pm »

Sure but there will probably be an additional debuff involved. (Not sure what stat that would go in)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 08:18:14 pm »

For a 20 sided dice use https://www.random.org/ and set it between 1-20.

Anywho, Charsheet.

Spoiler: Hamond (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 09:12:53 pm »

I want in as a Trainer. Lemme go write up a sheet really quick.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:31:06 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:44:16 pm »

For a 20 sided dice use https://www.random.org/ and set it between 1-20.

((I see you guessed which random number generator I use although I'm tempted to write a program that implements Math.random().))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 01:11:56 pm »

Name: Dave David Davidson XXIII
Race: Dorc
Class: Trainer.
Pokemon: Water (I always loved my Feraligatr. His name was Dave.)
Backstory: Dave came from a long line of Daves. Twenty-third in a proud lineage of trainers dating back to Dave David Davidson the First, one of the first trainers ever and the orc who set the groundwork for the poketific method.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:52:43 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 01:35:02 pm »

Name: Rick Alemeinsterskeinson
Race: Dwarf
Class: Knight
Backstory: A man down on his luck by merely attaining the Gold Medal for Ale Drinking (The best ever gets the Platinum Ale Trophy. He was off by one drink before blacking out), Rick got a summer job as a Pokebouncer to beat out his frustration by beating up guys who "weren't on the list" during those grand tournaments that happen year-round. He hopes that next year, after a bit more practice, he can attain a Platinum Ale Trophy for himself. For now, Themis is an enjoyable enough profession.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Pokemon Starters: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evolution Lines (WIP) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:11:25 pm by star2wars3 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time is a nice pun. Can we get a basic visual description of the starters? Also what's Mythrol?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm hoping it's like a dragon-esque type. Fire-Dragon-Knight would be neat. Think I'll keep it as my starter, unless we get more details about Time. And we're missing Parsley.))

((Edit: And I've got 19 Melee and 20 Ranged and I don't actually do the fighting? Somebody give me rocks to throw.))
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:13:18 pm by Beirus »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Time is a nice pun. Can we get a basic visual description of the starters? Also what's Mythrol?

((I was trying to use various magic references for new Pokemon types. and by Mythrol I meant Mythril. The magic resistant material (I think).))
((I'm hoping it's like a dragon-esque type. Fire-Dragon-Knight would be neat. Think I'll keep it as my starter, unless we get more details about Time. And we're missing Parsley.))

((Edit: And I've got 19 Melee and 20 Ranged and I don't actually do the fighting? Somebody give me rocks to throw.))
((As for Parsley, I would include it but I'm sticking to the 3 pokemon per line of evolution max.))
((As for Time, its a double pun as Time will gain some power over Time. I might create a Pokemon version of Wish to serve this function))
((And finally, as for the throwing rocks, you could chuck Pokeballs at your enemies to deal damage or hit an enemy with a bicycle.))

Better Descriptions:
Magikip: A cross between a Magikarp and Mudkip (Come to think of it. I could've made the water starter Nagacarp (Snake + Magikarp) Oh well.)
Charpage: A mix between a charmander and a page(In training to become a night)
Sage: A plantlike Pokemon which if can be eaten as emergency rations. It is said that once fully evolved this Pokemon can cast Wish. Luckily, this won't ever happen since all of its evolutions are very tasty.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 09:01:23 pm by star2wars3 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man. I've always gone fire or water. But it looks like Grass is the most magical. Oh well.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

((They all will have high level moves/spells In the final evolution.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((They all will have high level moves/spells In the final evolution.
((It'd be funny and disappointing if Time got the move Wish instead of the spell Wish. Also, do Trainers get Prestige Classes like Aura User or whatever Bruno is that let him fight an Onyx?))
Pages: [1] 2