Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: Katawa Shoujo v2 OOC Thread  (Read 43199 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Katawa Shoujo v2 Interest Check
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16:46 pm »

Well, there's actually a really cool study about "sick buildings" (basically a building full of nasty gas and stuff you don't want in your lungs from lack of fresh air, ozone excess, etc.) so it could be "super shitty immune system slash lungs require me to Not be in this building or I will Die" but then there would probably be health concerns for the other students.
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2016, 09:35:59 pm »

At that point why would such telepresence student need to go to Yamaku in the first place? The advantage of Yamaku comes from the fact that its campuses are designed to cater to students who may have difficulty functioning on normal ones... but if you're not even at the campus what is the point?

Plus the problem with a telepresence student is that the student would be way harder for everyone else to RP with when they're simply not present.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2016, 09:45:21 pm »

Exactly. How are you supposed to dramatically fall into someone's boobs if you're a screen with wheels
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2016, 10:14:04 pm »

Exactly. How are you supposed to dramatically fall into someone's boobs if you're a screen with wheels
It's possible.
*hydroplanes over puddle*

@Powder Miner:You have a point.  To which my counterpoint is a ping button/them wanting to stick around enough because socializing to not just shut off the 'bot.
Also, if you can't get a decent education from wherever you're stuck at...School for the disabled is more likely to have stuff that's not, y'know, inimical to wheeled conveyances.

@Earlier SB:'Super shitty immune system requires me to be in Thus Particular Building or I have debilitating allergic reactions.'?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:20:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2016, 10:18:31 pm »

yeah i guess
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2016, 10:21:34 pm »

I dunno, it's just a weird idea I had.  If it gets noped I'm okay with it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2016, 11:14:46 pm »

*swings by*
Might sheet up later.
Extreme nearsightedness to legally blinditude?

A character with that kind of disability was accepted before, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be accepted now. I know this because I played said character in an earlier thread.

Anyways... I guess I'll be joining this eventually. Someone throw disabilities/character archtypes at me so that I can get inspired. I'm drawing a blank for ideas here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2016, 11:17:59 pm »

USEC, we figured that out too. Because there was literally the same character in the source material.

Although whether a telepresence robot student is feasible is a question left unanswered.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2016, 11:23:24 pm »

Anyways... I guess I'll be joining this eventually. Someone throw disabilities/character archtypes at me so that I can get inspired. I'm drawing a blank for ideas here.
Ultracompetetive "I'LL FIGHT A FUCKING BEAR" kind of person with severe asthma slash breathing issues (as in, climbing stairs too fast literally winds them)?
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 11:38:02 pm »

-snip-
Random Ideas that are compatible with Sentient's suggestion:
  • Person with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis who has decided to do as much physical activity as possible before their condition paralyzes them fully who maintains a cheerful demeanor despite being secretly terrified at the prospect of the aforementioned paralysis.
  • Basically Ahab. Someone who has lost part of a limb to some sort of wild animal and now has a phantom pains along with an irrational, burning desire for vengeance. Because let's face it, half the characters will probably be partial copies of animu-characters, so obviously the best way to counteract that is to rip off literary classics.
  • A paraplegic who lost use of their legs after a suicide attempt. Though needless to say they got over the problems that made them want to do that in the first place. As a result, they regard most of the usual teen angst/drama as being hilariously sissy in comparison.
  • Someone who was crippled in a freak accident on an archery range that resulted in them taking an arrow to the heel and chest.

I know I'm late to the "let's textually gank Abstract" train, but just a reminder that opiates usually aren't prescribed to people who have mostly recovered from their burns.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:45:51 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 12:27:51 am »

Intresting.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 01:41:33 am »

To ATH:
nope

Also, a reminder that edgy people, while fun, aren't always the best for RP.
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 01:43:55 am »

>ADRAGIS029
>SUGGESTING EDGY ISN'T BEST
Black lives matter.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2016, 01:44:47 am »

But edgy people are just people who spring up to face adversity and don't lose hope....
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2016, 01:51:11 am »

But edgy people are just people who spring up to face adversity and don't lose hope....
They are mopey and whine about their page-long backstory. Not that that's bad, but more than one is a bit much.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38