Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}  (Read 1911 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:18:13 pm »

Age of Strife RTD Discussion thread

What kind of setting does the AOS rtd have?
The RTD will be mostly medieval-fantasy, though there are some thing like revolvers albeit limited. The world is in upheaval after another gate leading to the demon world opened, from that gate demons poured into the lands, causing a lot of destruction and sowing death wherever they are. Humanity had faced this threat once before, and the successfully repelled it at a great cost.

Sign-up sheet
Here's a link to the sign-up sheet.
SIGN-UP sheet

or the code for the lazy ones, though you most probably will still have to take a look at the documents.
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Character creation sheet]

[b]Name:[/b] No explanation
[b]Age:[/b] Minimum of 20 years, younger under special circumstances after consultation.
[b]Skin color:[/b] Keep within realism, so things like African, Caucasian, Asian, whatever.
[b]Facial characteristics[/b]: Things like hair length, hair color (Strange hair colors allowed, E.G: white,red, blue,green), eye color ( Maybe 2 different eye colors), mustaches. Some facial characteristics are overwritten by class characteristics.
The more information you provide, the better i can write. You can use pictures as well, but please put them in spoilers.

[b]Bio:[/b] This part has to be fleshed out properly, describe your character as much as you can since it gives you a higher chance to enter the RTD. I value good bio’s

Note: Every character is a human.[/spoiler]

Ruleset

Spoiler: General Game mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells/moves mechanic (click to show/hide)
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: [Age of Strife]{OOC and Discussion thread}
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 08:18:48 pm »

Lore

Faction Lore

Spoiler: Slayers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Church/Order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Circle Wizards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spirit Sages (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reapers (click to show/hide)
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:53:27 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:19:35 pm »

The map

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Map explained.

Brehonia
One of the 4 major kingdoms, once a part of the great empire of Brehonia alongside with Brufia and Bremia. Brehonia is full of open fields and forests with occasional hills. The great capital resides in Brehonia, build on the only real mountain range in Brehonia. Brehonia is considered a green zone and thus a minimal to no war-zone.

Brufia
One of the 4 major kingdoms, once a part of the great empire of Brehonia. Internal conflicts and disagreements led to the split of Brehonia. They are masters of horse combat and the knight order was created there. The terrain is flat, tundra-esque with lots of snow in the north, bordering Brehonia there are some forests and grasslands. Brufia is considered a green zone and thus a minimal to no war-zone.

Bremia
One of the 4 major kingdoms, once a part of the great empire of Brehonia. Internal conflicts and disagreements led to the split of Brehonia. They are highly skilled in the arcane arts and crafts because the Circle is located near the capital. Bremia is considered a green zone and thus a minimal to no war-zone.

Maran Kingdom
One of the 4 major kingdoms, an self-claimed kingdom by the men of the south. Many years of conflict between Old brehonia and the Maran, led to an uneasy truce which eventually became a friendly truce. Maran kingdom is famed for their tough as nails warriors and the ability to survive in the toughest of winters because of their origins. Maran Kingdom is considered an Yellow zone and thus a semi warzone.

Tavnonnis
A bufferzone between the warzones. The land is split by a great lake, perfect to withhold any demons from crossing over. Around the shores, marches are found further decreasing and quick attempts in crossing the lake. North of Tavnonnis are mountains which make it even more difficult to cross over. Tavnonnis is considered an Yellow zone around the human side and an orange warzone around the demon side.

Terjan Wilds
A neutral zone. Lands are owned by the spirit sages and the creatures that inhibit it. Lands are primarlily deepwoods, darkwoods, regular forests and magical forests with a lot of hidden caves spread around the mountains. Many creatures with a taste for human and demon live here, as such they are both fearful of going trough it and prefer to avoid it if possible. Terjan Wilds is considered an Yellow zone around the borders edging the demons and neutral elsewhere.

Tarkan Steppes
An extension of Brufia, though not officially claimed. The terrain is like that of Brufia but even more random with rivers and steep drops hindering the movement of whoever passes trough. Wildlife over there is also quite ferocious considering the demand for food is high and the potential targets being low. Most of the battles are fought around the rivers by the Brufian Impasse. Tarkan Steppes is considered an Yellow zone and thus a semi warzone.

Harathi & Harashi Deserts
A massive sea of sand spanning almost the entire left side of the continent, this now barren land once was the home of many animals and plants. The first and now second great demon war were fought there and these lands are considered demon lands. Anything there will attempt to kill you and if nothing kills you the blazing sun or the lack of water will.
The Deserts are considered red zones, meaning they are under demon control. Expect heavy resistance there, should you head there.

The Icefields
Frozen tundra's spanning the entire north and south of the continents. Barely anything lives here, however from the Southern wastes the people of the Maran kingdom did manage to somehow thrive despite the harsh climate. Battles are generally fought between man and beast for survival, demons rarely go there as they heavily dislike the cold.
The ice lands are considered neutral zones.
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:28:51 pm »

Reserved post
Durrr..

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 08:28:55 pm »

You've clearly put a lot of work into this...
I wish you the best of luck in running it.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 08:33:41 pm »

You've clearly put a lot of work into this...
I wish you the best of luck in running it.

It's the start-up that is hard, it gets easier after that. But it was either this, or restarting my old monster hunter rtd with more stuff.
Durrr..

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 08:36:07 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 10:03:50 pm »

Name: Ronald Bones
Stats:
Strength/8
Dexterity/7
Intelligence/8
Constitution/10
Perception/7
Charisma/3

Appearance: A tall, well built man, his most noticeable feature is his Albinism, which makes his skin and hair snow white, and his piercing blue eyes. He has a rugged, stern face, saddled atop a well-muscled body, trained through years of coffin-making, corpse-burying, and grave-keeping. He has a weary look on his face, barely fazed by all but the most surprising and terrifying of circumstances. His face has mutton chop sideburns, and he dons a short Mohawk under his hat. He holds many scars from accidents at work and run-ins with grave-robbers and the undead, his most noticeable being a scared gash across his throat, which makes his voice gravelly and causing him to cough often.

Biography: An outcast due to his skin and his father's profession, the local townsfolk always steered clear of him, unnerved by what they believed to be a walking ghost, and some particularly bold townsfolk would taunt and tease him, in an attempt to get the beast to react to them or cause him to leave, and bid good riddance to the walking dead man. He once was saddened and angered by this treatment, but has now become resistant to this abuse, preferring to work with his mortician father than deal with that petty nonsense. He would ride along with his father, picking up those without graves to properly put them to rest, as all should be, no matter who it was.

The day he became a Witch Hunter was when the vengeful dead rose and reeked havoc on his town and grave. The angry dead all rose at once, and destroyed and maimed all they came across in an attempt to make right their own death. It was complete chaos, houses were burning, men were ripped to pieces and driven mad, and the mortician and son were caught in the crossfire, helpless to make the situation any better. They barred themselves in their workshop, in an attempt to ride through the storm, but the dead eventually found them, and drug them out to stand in front of their own made graves. While there, an odd thing happened. Unlike with the others, they hesitated, and bickered over how they should deal with these two. Some argued they were living, so they should die due to their affiliation with those who killed them. Others said they should live, because they were the only two to properly lay them to rest. Yet still, others said the mortician should die, but the son should live, because they believe he was one of them.

The bickering grew and grew, until violence broke out, and they began to fight and murder themselves over there fate. While this occurred, the mortician and son snuck away, and they almost escaped, if it weren't for one of the dead noticing them running away, and rallying his kind to chase after them and take them captive once again. The two went far, but in a twist of fate, a wild knife lodged itself in the mortician's leg, causing him to trip and fall. Before the son could register this, the dead quickly got to the two, and began to beat and slice into the two, overcome with rage.

It was then that the mercenaries came and laid waste to the horde, and it was a terrific war indeed. In the end, the undead were decimated, and the stragglers were taken to be executed individually. Ronald was mistaken as an undead, and the father, in his last bit of strength, pleaded to the mercenaries to spare him, spare his only son. They then learned he was living, and they casted him out, bruised and battered, and left him and his father to themselves. His father died from his wounds, with his strength sapped though the ordeal, leaving Ronald alone.

Ronald, after mourning, buried his father, and began to wander amidst the plains, dazed and disoriented, and losing blood quickly. He was on the verge of collapse, when he then met his savior. An old Witchhunter walked to the gravely wounded Ronald, and pointed his gun at his forehead, and began to think, should he kill this man, put him out of his mercy? "Who are you?" Said the Witchhunter. Ronald replied "I am Ronald, I have been wandering for hours, trying to find help, I am hurt". "Hours? The way you are now? Damn, you one tough wretch, that you are. How old are you?" "... I am 30. I worked with my father in a graveyard. I made the coffins and buried the men. They then rose, and I" "Shut up you. ... 30? That's a bit old. You may work, though, have the potential, anyway. Let's get ya fixed up, and let's see what you can do."

2 years, and much training later, Ronald has been tasked with a hunt. This is to be his final test. Should he pass, he gains the title Witchhunter, and the he truly begins his new calling. Hunt and slay monsters, so that no other man may have to go through the massacre he went through.

Class: Witchhunter
Perk: Stat Affinity (Constitution)
Skills: Competent
-Intimidation
-Carpentry
Novice
-Marksmanship
Gear:
•Scale [Hard Leather, Cloth, Scale] (Armor)
•Revolver, Short Blade [1h guns, 2h guns, blade weapons.](Weapon)
•Demonica Encyclopedia [](Rest)
•Bullet container[](Rest)
•5 magic bullets[Magic bullets](Ammunition)
-2 Golden Hollow point Sanctified Bullets
-1 Wooden Hollow point Putrid Bullet
-1 Steel armor penetrationg Incapacitation Bullet
--1 Vomit-Inducing Bullet
-1 Steel Hollow point Hellfire Bullet
•1 magic grenade[Grenades](Ammunition)
-1 Wooden Hellfire Grenade
•20 steel bullets[Bullets](Ammunition)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:48:49 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 01:42:56 am »

Having trouble coming up with a character. I'll get something up there...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 05:42:09 pm »

Bump.
Come on friends, get those sheets out. I do A-synchronic turns, so when your character looks fine and you want to spawn alone. You can already be on your way in liberating the world of the demon scourge. If you need any help whatsoever regarding lore, shoot me a pm and i'll gladly fill you in on what you want to know.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:47:03 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 09:43:28 pm »

This again eh?

Any major changes to anything from last time?

Oh fug it has been over a year since last time hasn't it?

Time to dig out old sheets, get embarrassed by old sheets, and then do overhaul edits.

Fuck that it's shit, time for a do-over.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:53:11 pm by blazing glory »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 05:11:19 am »

Snip

Character looks fine since I've already approved it in the past. Basically I need to know the following now.
1. Do you wish to start out alone or with others (I know that so far you are the only one with a pc, but maybe it's something you want).
2. What will your conversation color be? just a single color please, no underline or shadow crap.
3. Applicable if you want to start alone. PM me this one, would you like to start out in a village, city, capital, wilderness, on a hunt somewhere and in which region? Green or yellow zones max.

This again eh?

Any major changes to anything from last time?

Oh fug it has been over a year since last time hasn't it?

Time to dig out old sheets, get embarrassed by old sheets, and then do overhaul edits.

Fuck that it's shit, time for a do-over.

Dunno, not much. It's a reboot I suppose? Reason is simple, because I have many old(er) RTD's with their templates still fine and me not having run them properly.
Durrr..

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:55 am »

I'll start up when blazing glory gets his character made.

My Color is Gold

And I vote for a village start
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »

I'll start up when blazing glory gets his character made.

Speaking of which, Teal colors and character sheets.

On a side-note, my browser does not display Tinypic for whatever reason, I'd appreciate it if someone could re-upload the map to imgur or such for me to look at.

Spoiler: Char sheet (click to show/hide)

because I have many old(er) RTD's with their templates still fine and me not having run them properly.
All's good, reboots are cool.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:56:57 am by blazing glory »
Pages: [1] 2