Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Tower of the Archwizard RTD (Recruiting, Unlimited Players)  (Read 11570 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of the Archwizard RTD (Recruiting, Unlimited Players)
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 12:45:25 pm »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2016, 12:57:48 pm »

Make good use of my dog phobia and assimilate the hornets. Agony-inducing stings are perfect for terrifying people!
[5]
There is something innately terrifying about unknown hounds that will haunt you on moonless nights for the rest of your life. Several ghostly hands grasp at the ladder as if it were solid, slowly dragging your writhing mass into the air. The hornets are predictably incensced and attack you, stingers at the ready. But you were even more ready, and release your spell of assimilation. Sadly you only manage to get a quarter of the swarm, and the rest angrily stab you, pain coursing through ectoplasm and flesh alike. You struggle to control the assimilated wasps, who continue to stab the rest of your form with their stingers.

Undulating in pain you struggle to keep a hold on the ladder, you fear you may fall into the inky abyss if you don't take care.

You appears in what seems to be a crypt, coppers coffins stacked upon each other all the way to the ceiling, forming unstable piles that teeter and threat to fall on you. (You know they're coffins by the corpsy parts sticking out of some of them) You spot three exits, each blocked by coffins. You fear attempting to remove them would cause the rest to collapse on you. You inspect a nearby coffin, noticing the writing. "Ashbur Nortwhittle, an adequate apprentice. Died due to the rooster infestation".

The room seems to be made of ivory, with haunting depictions of suffering and regret engraved onto every inch of it.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 01:04:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 01:04:43 pm »

You appears in what seems to be a crypt, coppers coffins stacked upon each other all the way to the ceiling, forming unstable piles that teeter and threat to fall on you. (You know they're coffins by the corpsy parts sticking out of some of them) You spot three exits, each blocked by coffins. You fear attempting to remove them would cause the rest to collapse on you. You inspect a nearby coffin, noticing the writing. "Ashbur Nortwhittle, an adequate apprentice. Died due to the rooster infestation".

The room seems to be made of ivory, with haunting depictions of suffering and regret engraved onto every inch of it.

Pleco ponders, fascinated "It seems the previous owner of this establishment was a passionate researcher. Maybe I could learn something more in this room."

He inspect the walls, reading the various engravings.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 01:06:46 pm »

Time for a hornet war! The assimilated bugs attack their free brethren. I continue to assimilate any hornets I can, plus some steel from my scrap metal collection. Dog phobia for power, obviously.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2016, 01:27:21 pm »

Continue working.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2016, 01:37:27 pm »

Drink some water from my waterskin, and proceed forward. my shield is still intact, right?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 02:03:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You appear in some sort of cavernous brass kitchen, clockwork grinding everywhere. These are the kitchens that once fed the long-dead apprentices of the apprentices of the apprentices of the archwizard. Of course, with everyone dead (or in some cases undead), no one was buying ingredients, so the kitchen has had to take an aggresive stance on ingredient acquisition. You see several kitchen knives pointing at you threateningly.
Pleco ponders, fascinated "It seems the previous owner of this establishment was a passionate researcher. Maybe I could learn something more in this room."

He inspect the walls, reading the various engravings.

[3]
You pore over images of horror and brutality, hours slipping by as you remain engrossed in insanity, everything you see becoming branded in your memories. When you finally escape from your fugue you are a very different lungfish, your naivety forcibly stripped away be the grim realities of your new life, within the Tower.
Time for a hornet war! The assimilated bugs attack their free brethren. I continue to assimilate any hornets I can, plus some steel from my scrap metal collection. Dog phobia for power, obviously.
[6]
It is simplicity itself to bring the simple insectile minds of the hornets under your control, terrorizing them into submission with sensations of massive canines slobbering all over them, but you suspect the librarians are simply biding their time to stage a coup.

Sadly you only manage to kill one or two enemy hornets with your own stingers, and only assimilate another measly five, the rest seeming to have become wary, retreated from your presence. Your trembling is only growing worse despite your increased mass, and you suspect that it is only your unnatural constitution that is keeping you functional despite the pain-inducing poison.

You don't manage to try and assimilate some of the metal between fighting off the wasps and slowly climbing up the ladder.

Continue working.
[5]
You put your back into it, until you notice that while the stairs aren't yet completed, you can scramble over the back of one of the golems into the stands. You quickly do so, the golems seem not to mind, looking at you with eyes full of disdain, as if they expected as much from a worthless fleshling.

You are now amidst the formican crowds, who fortunately seem too focused on the blood being spilt on the sands to notice you. For now at least. You spot a grand seat which houses what you think might be the ant queen, or you could look for an exit.
Drink some water from my waterskin, and proceed forward. my shield is still intact, right?
[1]
Silly mageling, water is for spellcasting, not drinking! You choke on the water, falling into a coughing fit, which leaves you ill-prepared for the two giant spiders coming around the bend.

A quick check confirms your icemirror shield is still intact.
Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
You find yourself in some geothermal mudpits, shark fins ominously closing in on you.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:09:06 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2016, 02:06:24 pm »

Tap open the Skulls o wha' ever beasties are coming at me With me Club!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2016, 02:09:15 pm »

Unfazed by their pointy ends, I begin swinging at them with my skillet.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2016, 02:10:42 pm »

Look for the exit.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2016, 02:14:40 pm »

[3]
You pore over images of horror and brutality, hours slipping by as you remain engrossed in insanity, everything you see becoming branded in your memories. When you finally escape from your fugue you are a very different lungfish, your naivety forcibly stripped away be the grim realities of your new life, within the Tower.

"Fascinating. Yet so terrifying." mutters Pleco while scribbling his findings in his diary.
"Oh. How long have I been there ? I should move on, let's see..."

He caresses his whisker, thinking. "Let's try the left-most path" he thinks.

He tries to see if he can find a big enough opening. If there isn't any, he tries to push the pile. If not strong enough, he strikes the coffin at the base to make the pile fall.

((RIP Pleco ?))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2016, 02:34:50 pm »

Tap open the Skulls o wha' ever beasties are coming at me With me Club!
[3]
Leprechauns be taking no guff from no mud beasties. You whack away wildly with your club, but only half of your hits manage to connect. You're still not quite sure what you're hitting at, but your best theory is "mudsharks". Strangely they're not attacking you back? Must be the clover at work no doubt! You notice that the mud around you has begun to bubble vigorously. How ominous.
Unfazed by their pointy ends, I begin swinging at them with my skillet.
[1]
The kitchen confiscates your skillet, seeming to think that you stole it from the tool stores. The kitchen knives continue to close in from the front, while you're getting hemmed in by cheese graters from behind.
Look for the exit.
[2]
You fail to find anything, the crush of ant people preventing you from moving around or seeing anything. Also, some of them have begun to wave their antennae around in an agitated manner when you pass them. You knew you should have bought those ant pheromones from that traveling salesman.
"Fascinating. Yet so terrifying." mutters Pleco while scribbling his findings in his diary.
"Oh. How long have I been there ? I should move on, let's see..."

He caresses his whisker, thinking. "Let's try the left-most path" he thinks.

He tries to see if he can find a big enough opening. If there isn't any, he tries to push the pile. If not strong enough, he strikes the coffin at the base to make the pile fall.

((RIP Pleco ?))
[6]
After wasting a few minutes spinning in circles trying to determine which of the exits is the most left, your keen lungfish mind carefully analyzes the makeshift structure of the coffins, locating loadbearers and carefully determining which coffin can be slid out of place to get out of this deathtrap. It takes some doing, and a bit of leveraging from your staff, but you finally manage to get your target out of the way, and through the exit you go. As you move onward, the air steadily becomes damper, a relief to your mudfish skin. You smell mud on the air, and joy surges within you.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:38:02 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2016, 02:38:52 pm »

NO! Get skillet back, bat away knives and graters.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9