Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62678 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose(Day 3) LOOKING FOR REPLACEMENT
« Reply #495 on: April 30, 2016, 01:39:09 pm »

'Tis LYLO. We must lynch scum today. You replaced Tiruin :P

We have no deadline, so you can read through the thread at your leisure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 30, 2016, 02:25:23 pm »

off gut alone Id say youre scum :o
Your reactions in this phase look busy enough to appear active but useless enough to keep your options open.

1. 1 Mafioso, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Jailkeeper.
2. 1 Mafioso, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop.
3. 1 Mafioso, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper.

^^ this is the potential setups.  We have a claimed jailor.  Ive got to get the order of claims down.  Somebody could point me off in that way so I can trace this.  But meh.

This quote a a little of everything, including its own share of shade.

Im mostly interested in sorting out the triangle above though.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 30, 2016, 02:47:07 pm »

Welp.

I dont think anyone has yet asked for crumbs to the claims.  So did anyone crumb their claim?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 30, 2016, 02:48:19 pm »

If anything I'm being open-minded. I don't know who is scum or town for sure, so I'm leaving room to change my mind based on new data, particularly since we've heard nothing from your spot since mid-D2 and especially all this claiming stuff. I also can't rule out bussing, particularly since the scum IC is OSG, who did that in the last BM.

If you want something concrete though, I'm comfortable saying I think it's a doomchild/EP scum team just now. You've claimed a VT, which means one of Silthuri and doomchild are lying - if you're telling the truth - and I'm literally voting that that's doomchild.

Anyway, order of claims as I remember: (PFP, no links)

Silthuri claimed cop, investigated EP as scum

EP claimed town, though not really a role

doomchild claimed Jailer, claimed jailing Persus13 N1 and Vector/Silthuri N2. After pressure, said they actually targeted Webadict/Tiruin/pisskop N1

I claimed VT

pisskop claimed VT

PPE: does crumbling make a claim more true? Obviously scum can't breadcrumb ::)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 30, 2016, 02:57:13 pm »

No, but an early solid crumb before scum realized the setup or w.e. is.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2016, 02:57:33 pm »

Why are you discrediting attempts to get as much information as possible, I wonder?
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2016, 03:00:56 pm »

No, but an early solid crumb before scum realized the setup or w.e. is.

As I said, scum obviously can't breadcrumb, so I see no problems in basing a case in this, nosireejimbobjoe.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose (Day 3)
« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2016, 03:03:03 pm »

Also didn't notice your second post.

What information are you going to get by someone saying they left breadcrumbs? That they foresaw the need to make a claim later in the game. Is this exclusive to a town mentality? No, it is not. I want more information, but I want useful information, not null tells like that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 30, 2016, 03:03:23 pm »

I'm a vanilla townie. I guess I should've made that explicit, though I thought it was kind of obvious--maybe it wasn't?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2016, 03:04:07 pm »

I've made assumptions in Mafia before that spelled downfall.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »

What information are you going to get by someone saying they left breadcrumbs? That they foresaw the need to make a claim later in the game. Is this exclusive to a town mentality? No, it is not. I want more information, but I want useful information, not null tells like that.
I suspect you are scum.  Were it not lylo with a case of impossible claims Id be all over you.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 30, 2016, 03:06:42 pm »

I suspect you are scum.  Were it not lylo with a case of impossible claims Id be all over you.
We have no deadline, and I fully intend to lynch scum today. Interrogate away, please. All the town need to be in agreement over who to lynch.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 30, 2016, 03:12:00 pm »

Also, how are the claims impossible?

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 30, 2016, 11:40:51 pm »

You don't need to post your action PMs or anything like that, you just need to explain how it's damning evidence.

The cop's motivation is to investigate other players to find scum.  Failing to do so is out of character for a cop, so it seems far less likely to me that the cop would fail to act on the same night I decided to jail/protect her.

But you forgot who you jailed N1, twice. I could say if you have a power role, you're not going to forget who you target. It's not damning in any capacity.

As I mentioned previously, she may have said she forgot to post an action in an effort to protect a jailor when she was blocked, but you seem content to ignore that tidbit and damn her. Do you understand why that makes you look like scum?

I can see how, from an outside perspective (that is, not my own), it looks like I'm jumping to conclusions.  But coupling this whole gambit thing with the fact that we haven't lynched a single scum yet (meaning that there is a 40% chance that any one of us is scum) makes me immediately more suspicious of everybody.  And yeah, I fucked up.  If I could go back and write it correctly the first time, I absolutely would, but I didn't.  All I know to do now is own my mistake and move on.

How do you know it's a gambit? It was a poorly timed claim, which no-one has countered. This doesn't mean it's an honest claim, but it's circumstantial that you happened to jail Silthuri N2 when she claims she forgot to act.

You're right, it's circumstantial.  That doesn't mean it isn't evidence, just that I shouldn't use it as my only evidence.

One Another thing you don't seem to consider is that there was an NK on N2. This means that Silthuri neither performed or was targeted by the attack. Again, this doesn't clear her from being scum.

There are two scum, so jailing one of them wouldn't prevent the NK (as far as I can discern from the role definitions).  There's really no information to be gathered from the fact that night 2 had an NK.

You're being very single-minded about this. That bothers me more than Silthuri's claim at the moment. It seems like you're chainsawing Silthuri in an effort to protect your scum partner.

You're right, I'm being significantly more single-minded than I have been the rest of the game, because we're down to the wire, and I see something that looks really scummy to me.  The other lynches this whole game have gone poorly for us, largely because most of us aren't good at discerning what is and isn't scummy about what people say.  Now I see someone make a claim that seems to dovetail with my night actions, and they wait until what would be a particularly opportune moment for scum (waiting until LYLO makes the WIFOM so much worse).  That seems significantly more concrete to me, and so I guess I innately give it more credence as evidence.

I get that my higher level of certainty makes me look scummy to you, but I don't know how to combat that.  I'm supposed to hunt scum and lynch them, and now that I've found something that looks and feels extremely scummy to me, I'm having trouble understanding why you're defending it.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 01, 2016, 07:12:36 am »

so no crumbs.

Not that this next part is incredibly IoA, but has anyone thought about why IC is still alive?
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40