Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62675 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose(Day 3) LOOKING FOR REPLACEMENT
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2016, 11:53:02 am »

Also, I resent being prodded :P 'tis weekend and I posted yesterday! I shouldn't get a prod 'til Monday :P :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 30, 2016, 12:13:08 pm »

I note you haven't said anything about the little back and forth between doomchild and myself, yet when a new player comes in you're right on them to claim.
Well, there are two possibilities, disregarding stupid gambits:
  • Doomchild is actually the jailor
  • pisskop is either the jailor or the cop, making Doomchild a mafioso
Once pisskop claims, I'll know if doomchild is lying, full stop. I don't see much of a point in speculating.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 30, 2016, 12:19:12 pm »

Also, I resent being prodded :P 'tis weekend and I posted yesterday! I shouldn't get a prod 'til Monday :P :))
Oh fuck not again.

Apologies @ all prodees, finals are fucking my brain. I don't know what day I thought it was.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 30, 2016, 12:35:33 pm »

It's no issue really. Probably better to do too much than too little ;)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 30, 2016, 12:57:24 pm »

It's no issue really. Probably better to do too much than too little ;)
Well in that case, from now on I think I'll send hourly reminders to all players. :P
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 30, 2016, 01:14:02 pm »

Hi

o/ 

Mod confirmed me as town
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2016, 01:14:21 pm »

I havent read a single post, and I dont really much care to.  Why am I scum?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 30, 2016, 01:19:18 pm »

You don't need to post your action PMs or anything like that, you just need to explain how it's damning evidence.

The cop's motivation is to investigate other players to find scum.  Failing to do so is out of character for a cop, so it seems far less likely to me that the cop would fail to act on the same night I decided to jail/protect her.

But you forgot who you jailed N1, twice. I could say if you have a power role, you're not going to forget who you target. It's not damning in any capacity.

As I mentioned previously, she may have said she forgot to post an action in an effort to protect a jailor when she was blocked, but you seem content to ignore that tidbit and damn her. Do you understand why that makes you look like scum?

I can see how, from an outside perspective (that is, not my own), it looks like I'm jumping to conclusions.  But coupling this whole gambit thing with the fact that we haven't lynched a single scum yet (meaning that there is a 40% chance that any one of us is scum) makes me immediately more suspicious of everybody.  And yeah, I fucked up.  If I could go back and write it correctly the first time, I absolutely would, but I didn't.  All I know to do now is own my mistake and move on.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2016, 01:21:30 pm »

Mod confirmed me as town
What?

Uh, I think you're going to need to at least skim the game, if you want to be of help.

Also, I don't think anyone ever said you were scum? And again, you need to state your role.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2016, 01:21:59 pm »

Nope.  Tell me why i do
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 30, 2016, 01:22:31 pm »

Like thats not a hard request.

I can only read so fast, and its quicker for you to tell me why instead of demand it.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 30, 2016, 01:29:26 pm »

Not engaging in the game would be the biggest thing there. Seems a bit pointless to replace in and not do that.

PPE:
You don't need to post your action PMs or anything like that, you just need to explain how it's damning evidence.

The cop's motivation is to investigate other players to find scum.  Failing to do so is out of character for a cop, so it seems far less likely to me that the cop would fail to act on the same night I decided to jail/protect her.

But you forgot who you jailed N1, twice. I could say if you have a power role, you're not going to forget who you target. It's not damning in any capacity.

As I mentioned previously, she may have said she forgot to post an action in an effort to protect a jailor when she was blocked, but you seem content to ignore that tidbit and damn her. Do you understand why that makes you look like scum?

I can see how, from an outside perspective (that is, not my own), it looks like I'm jumping to conclusions.  But coupling this whole gambit thing with the fact that we haven't lynched a single scum yet (meaning that there is a 40% chance that any one of us is scum) makes me immediately more suspicious of everybody.  And yeah, I fucked up.  If I could go back and write it correctly the first time, I absolutely would, but I didn't.  All I know to do now is own my mistake and move on.

How do you know it's a gambit? It was a poorly timed claim, which no-one has countered. This doesn't mean it's an honest claim, but it's circumstantial that you happened to jail Silthuri N2 when she claims she forgot to act.

One Another thing you don't seem to consider is that there was an NK on N2. This means that Silthuri neither performed or was targeted by the attack. Again, this doesn't clear her from being scum.

You're being very single-minded about this. That bothers me more than Silthuri's claim at the moment. It seems like you're chainsawing Silthuri in an effort to protect your scum partner.

PPE2:
Mod confirmed me as town
What?

Uh, I think you're going to need to at least skim the game, if you want to be of help.

Also, I don't think anyone ever said you were scum? And again, you need to state your role.

No, pisskop does not need to do this. I think you need them to claim, so you and doomchild don't look so scummy.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 30, 2016, 01:30:47 pm »

IC Advice:
If you're replacing in, its your responsibility to catch up on what's going. Especially since who gets lynched today determines who wins the game.

Like thats not a hard request.

I can only read so fast, and its quicker for you to tell me why instead of demand it.
Actually it is a hard request, because it means that other people have to go back and read through the game again and then explain it to you. Cut out the middle men (who may be scum and thus untrustworthy) and just read the thread. Or just the last day of it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 30, 2016, 01:33:45 pm »

So I read day 03.

slytherin claimed cop, and copped EP?
Doomguy claimed jailer, and that he jailered slither.

With 4 alive, its mylo.  But-  a nolynch today only kills off a townier member or a lurker.  Which is tiruin.

So with that, Im guessing I should be massclaiming.  meh :-\

Im a citizen.  no powahs
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 30, 2016, 01:35:17 pm »

I merely asked why I was asked to roleclaim upon entrance.  I asked for an opinion on the gamestate.  At best I get a player's view, and others get more info on said player.  At worst, I get chastized     :(     and have to do my own homework and risk not fully grasping the gamestate.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40