Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62573 times)

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose(Day 3) LOOKING FOR REPLACEMENT
« Reply #465 on: April 29, 2016, 01:09:47 am »

Quote from: 'Jailkeeper' Town
You're the new sheriff of Geronimo. At least you will be if you make it there alive. You've got a pair of handcuffs you can use to keep someone from moving around the train at night, but only at night. Try it during the day, and you might have a revolt on your hands. Or the Pinkertons could get the wrong idea about you.

You are town. Each night, you can guard another player to prevent them from acting or being acted upon.

Win condition: You win when all of the mafia are eliminated.

Persus13 has been killed. He was vanilla town.

Looks like someone made a boo-boo.

The scum did go after Persus13 N1; he was the first NK.

Perhaps you'd like to try again?

Well, that'll teach me to post based solely on my memory.  I remember planning to jail Persus13 the first night, then when webadict replaced TinFoilTopHat, I switched to him, thinking that he'd be a huge target for the mafia.  I had to go back and look at my PMs to remind myself.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 29, 2016, 01:17:49 am »

How were you convinced?

If Silthuri was so sure that EP was scum, why didn't she try to get him lynched on an earlier day?  She didn't really go after him at all.  Instead of going for known (to her) scum, she allowed town lynches.  That makes zero sense to me, so I am convinced that she's scum claiming cop at LYLO to try and hedge her bets against getting lynched.  This just feels like a huge lump of WIFOM was dropped on top of us, so my reaction is to suspect the person that dropped it.

How was she supposed to know ATH was town, if she had investigated someone else on the only night to that point?

Why should we believe your argument that you were forgetful over Silthuri's argument that she was forgetful?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 29, 2016, 01:21:36 am »

How were you convinced?

If Silthuri was so sure that EP was scum, why didn't she try to get him lynched on an earlier day?  She didn't really go after him at all.  Instead of going for known (to her) scum, she allowed town lynches.  That makes zero sense to me, so I am convinced that she's scum claiming cop at LYLO to try and hedge her bets against getting lynched.  This just feels like a huge lump of WIFOM was dropped on top of us, so my reaction is to suspect the person that dropped it.

How was she supposed to know ATH was town, if she had investigated someone else on the only night to that point?

She wasn't.  She didn't know whether ATH was town or scum.  But that's not the point.  If she did know that EP was scum, she should have gone after him, and she should have pressed the rest of us to do the same.  But she didn't.

Why should we believe your argument that you were forgetful over Silthuri's argument that she was forgetful?

There's not a concrete answer for that.  I feel like a dumbass for forgetting and doing that, and I'm sure that if she had forgotten, she'd feel the same way.  But I know she didn't forget; I blocked her.  So the only thing I know to do is to be as honest and open as I can be about it, and hope that the truth shows through.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:30 am »

How were you convinced?

She wasn't.  She didn't know whether ATH was town or scum.  But that's not the point.  If she did know that EP was scum, she should have gone after him, and she should have pressed the rest of us to do the same.  But she didn't.

There are a number of reasons that she didn't pressure EP, that I won't go into in case I give her ideas.

There's not a concrete answer for that.  I feel like a dumbass for forgetting and doing that, and I'm sure that if she had forgotten, she'd feel the same way.  But I know she didn't forget; I blocked her.  So the only thing I know to do is to be as honest and open as I can be about it, and hope that the truth shows through.

Well the two things aren't mutually exclusive. You could very well have blocked her, but she could also have forgotten. Even if she hadn't forgotten, I think it's a sensible move for a cop to not let on that there's a jailor in the game. What makes you so certain that this isn't the case?

Further, you didn't have to claim, you literally had no reason to claim, so why are you claiming? You suggest that Silthuri was trying to draw out the jailor, but I don't see it. She said she forgot, because RL, not that she forgot and was probably jailed anyway. If you were worried the scum were trying to draw out the jailor... why claim?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 29, 2016, 01:50:58 am »

Further, you didn't have to claim, you literally had no reason to claim, so why are you claiming? You suggest that Silthuri was trying to draw out the jailor, but I don't see it. She said she forgot, because RL, not that she forgot and was probably jailed anyway. If you were worried the scum were trying to draw out the jailor... why claim?

You suggest that she forgot and I blocked her, which is possible, of course, but that seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

EP and Silthuri are pretty much locked onto each other, so you and I are the deciding factors here.  I think Silthuri is the mafia role cop, because the role cop would know they had been jailed.  They wouldn't get a result on their night action, meaning they'd know there was a jailer present.  My point being that I think Silthuri knew she had been jailed during night 2, and wanted to know who the jailer was, in case her claim against EP didn't work.  You're absolutely right, of course, I didn't have to claim.  I could have kept it to myself, but then I wouldn't have been able to advance my case against her as easily.  So I decided to roll the dice, and now I'm having to defend that decision, which I suppose I should have expected.

Now, for all I know, EP is in on it.  This could be Silthuri throwing EP under the bus to find me.  But that's something that can be figured out after we lynch the far more probable scum:  Silthuri.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 29, 2016, 02:23:32 am »

Let's break this down a little bit.

You suggest that she forgot and I blocked her, which is possible, of course, but that seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

Not really. They both have more or less the same conclusion, just in one she took an action. How is it too much of a coincidence for you?

EP and Silthuri are pretty much locked onto each other, so you and I are the deciding factors here.

There is one more spot, actually. Unfortunately we'll probably need to wait for any replacement to read through the game to form an opinion, so that'll take some time. Even if we were, there are two of us, and I'm finding it harder and harder to believe you're town.

I think Silthuri is the mafia role cop, because the role cop would know they had been jailed.  They wouldn't get a result on their night action, meaning they'd know there was a jailer present. My point being that I think Silthuri knew she had been jailed during night 2, and wanted to know who the jailer was, in case her claim against EP didn't work.

The same thing would happen if she were the town cop too, either that or she wouldn't get a result. If she sent in an action and didn't receive a result, it would be fairly obvious what happened after a tete-a-tete with the GM.

You're absolutely right, of course, I didn't have to claim.  I could have kept it to myself, but then I wouldn't have been able to advance my case against her as easily.  So I decided to roll the dice, and now I'm having to defend that decision, which I suppose I should have expected.

The game isn't meant to be easy. Silthuri made a claim with something useful for the town (arguably, which is why we're in this pickle) whereas you didn't.

She explained that she wasn't available N2 to send in an action, while you claim to have blocked her and this is apparently damning evidence against her. Your claim adds nothing to your case; indeed, it provokes more questions than answers.

You've claimed to have taken multiple actions in this game that you allege support your case. You initially said you blocked Persus13 N1, twice (I asked in case you confused him for me, and you gave a nice clear answer) and when I pointed out that was impossible as Persus13 was dead, you changed that to webadict/Tiruin, who has been absent for a while and is up for replacement.

You then claimed to have jailed Silthuri/Vector N2, who claimed to have taken no action on N2, yet you seem to think this is significant evidence of their guilt, and is the also serves as the foundation of why you claimed. It doesn't make sense...

Now, for all I know, EP is in on it.  This could be Silthuri throwing EP under the bus to find me.  But that's something that can be figured out after we lynch the far more probable scum:  Silthuri.

I'll accept the first two sentences - OSG bussed their scumbuddy in the previous BM game - but the final sentence is utter nonsense. It's WIFOM, because we won't know until after we lynch either EP or Silthuri. Given that you seem to be considering them as a scum team, perhaps we should lynch EP instead, seeing as they are  being scumread by you, me and Silthuri?

Okay, some scenarios here, based on my knowledge of the game. 4 VTs are dead, and I'm a VT, meaning 5 are accounted for. This means town has:

1. Another VT and a jailor/cop

2. A cop and a jailor.

Silthuri and doomchild have made claims. They can either be truthing or lying:

Scenario A: Silthuri is lying, doomchild is truthing. Silthuri and Tiruin are scum. (EP could be scum too, being bussed. Less likely perhaps..?)

Scenario B: Silthuri is truthing, doomchild is lying. EP and (probably) doomchild are scum.

Scenario C: Both are truthing. EP and Tiruin are scum.

Scenario D: Both are lying. Mad gambit, Silthuri and (probably) doomchild are scum.

Presently I feel scenario B and C are most likely. Perhaps we should lynch EP?

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 29, 2016, 10:01:56 am »

EP and Silthuri are pretty much locked onto each other, so you and I are the deciding factors here.

There is one more spot, actually. Unfortunately we'll probably need to wait for any replacement to read through the game to form an opinion, so that'll take some time. Even if we were, there are two of us, and I'm finding it harder and harder to believe you're town.

You're right, of course.  I had forgotten about Tiruin, since we haven't heard from him in a good long while.

I think Silthuri is the mafia role cop, because the role cop would know they had been jailed.  They wouldn't get a result on their night action, meaning they'd know there was a jailer present. My point being that I think Silthuri knew she had been jailed during night 2, and wanted to know who the jailer was, in case her claim against EP didn't work.

The same thing would happen if she were the town cop too, either that or she wouldn't get a result. If she sent in an action and didn't receive a result, it would be fairly obvious what happened after a tete-a-tete with the GM.

You're absolutely right, of course, I didn't have to claim.  I could have kept it to myself, but then I wouldn't have been able to advance my case against her as easily.  So I decided to roll the dice, and now I'm having to defend that decision, which I suppose I should have expected.

The game isn't meant to be easy. Silthuri made a claim with something useful for the town (arguably, which is why we're in this pickle) whereas you didn't.

From my perspective, it's evidence that Silthuri isn't telling the truth, that the cop claim is a gambit intended to spread WIFOM until we lynch another townie.  I don't know that EP is town, but it seems more likely in that scenario to me.

She explained that she wasn't available N2 to send in an action, while you claim to have blocked her and this is apparently damning evidence against her. Your claim adds nothing to your case; indeed, it provokes more questions than answers.

You've claimed to have taken multiple actions in this game that you allege support your case. You initially said you blocked Persus13 N1, twice (I asked in case you confused him for me, and you gave a nice clear answer) and when I pointed out that was impossible as Persus13 was dead, you changed that to webadict/Tiruin, who has been absent for a while and is up for replacement.

You then claimed to have jailed Silthuri/Vector N2, who claimed to have taken no action on N2, yet you seem to think this is significant evidence of their guilt, and is the also serves as the foundation of why you claimed. It doesn't make sense...

Like I said before, from my perspective, it is damning evidence.  I can't post my role or action PMs to you to prove it; all I can do is tell the truth and hope that it does some good.

I'll accept the first two sentences - OSG bussed their scumbuddy in the previous BM game - but the final sentence is utter nonsense. It's WIFOM, because we won't know until after we lynch either EP or Silthuri. Given that you seem to be considering them as a scum team, perhaps we should lynch EP instead, seeing as they are  being scumread by you, me and Silthuri?

Actually, at this point, I have no idea who the other scum is, I merely advanced the possibility that this was a more complicated gambit than just a false cop claim.  I don't know how common scum throwing scum under the bus is, so I don't have a good idea of how likely that is; I only added it for the sake of completeness.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 29, 2016, 10:03:08 am »

Tiruin is also a her.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 29, 2016, 10:41:34 am »

You don't need to post your action PMs or anything like that, you just need to explain how it's damning evidence.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 29, 2016, 10:50:21 am »

You don't need to post your action PMs or anything like that, you just need to explain how it's damning evidence.

The cop's motivation is to investigate other players to find scum.  Failing to do so is out of character for a cop, so it seems far less likely to me that the cop would fail to act on the same night I decided to jail/protect her.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 29, 2016, 10:56:25 am »

The cop's motivation is to investigate other players to find scum.  Failing to do so is out of character for a cop, so it seems far less likely to me that the cop would fail to act on the same night I decided to jail/protect her.

But you forgot who you jailed N1, twice. I could say if you have a power role, you're not going to forget who you target. It's not damning in any capacity.

As I mentioned previously, she may have said she forgot to post an action in an effort to protect a jailor when she was blocked, but you seem content to ignore that tidbit and damn her. Do you understand why that makes you look like scum?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 30, 2016, 11:36:03 am »

pisskop has replaced Tiruin!

hector13, Elephant Parade, doomchild, and Silthuri have been prodded.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 30, 2016, 11:39:03 am »

pisskop, you likely already know this, but you need to roleclaim ASAP.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 30, 2016, 11:40:01 am »

Well, we can't actually run out of time, so you don't need to do it as soon as possible, but it's very important to the ongoing discussion.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 30, 2016, 11:50:05 am »

I note you haven't said anything about the little back and forth between doomchild and myself, yet when a new player comes in you're right on them to claim.

pisskop doesn't need to claim unless they add something to the game by doing so, m8y.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40