Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62663 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose(Day 3)
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2016, 05:55:47 pm »

Alright, everyone. We're at lylo.

I'm the cop and on D1, I investigated EP and they are scum. I didn't investigate last night because my friggin email stopped notifying me and I forgot about it. 

So we need to lynch EP. If there's a doc, you need to heal me because I'm as good as dead if you don't. I'll remember to investigate from now on and hopefully we'll catch the other scum.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2016, 06:03:02 pm »

EP's retort?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2016, 06:08:39 pm »

Also, an explanation of why you wait until 3 days into LYLO to reveal.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2016, 06:34:02 pm »

First of all, I will explicitly state that I am town, since the ICs seem to agree that it's something you should do.

I'm the cop and on D1, I investigated EP and they are scum. I didn't investigate last night because my friggin email stopped notifying me and I forgot about it.
This is an awfully convenient excuse for not having a second investigation.

Now, I know that this is a scum gambit—or a weird town gambit, but that's unlikely enough that I'm going to ignore the possibility—but no-one else does. I'd like to point something out: You waited to say this until after ATH's lynch. Why not point this out D2, giving town a free lynch and ATH more time to respond? Admittedly, more time would probably not have done ATH much good, but you shouldn't have waited long enough for that to become obvious. The way I see it, you coasted on the easy lynch (ATH) and, now that all of the lurkers are dead or replaced, decided to fake a cop claim because you couldn't do anything productive.

So we need to lynch EP. If there's a doc, you need to heal me because I'm as good as dead if you don't. I'll remember to investigate from now on and hopefully we'll catch the other scum.
There is a jailer, not a doctor. If the cop is jailed, they are not able to inspect people. Furthermore, the presence of a doctor would make the "Follow the Cop" strategy work, which would give you even more reason to claim D2. Sure, there'd be a 50/50 chance of your immediate demise, you'd get a guaranteed scum lynch and future invulnerability.

Silthuri, since I know for a fact you are scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2016, 06:40:43 pm »

That question for Silthuri, since it wasn't necessarily clear it was for them.

'fraid I'm in agreement with EP. Doesn't make him not scum - could be a most strange gambit going on - but Silthuri's claim doesn't make sense.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2016, 09:59:47 pm »

I'm waiting for Silthuri's response on this, but I'm having a hard time imagining what series of events would have kept him from pushing on EP during D2, or outright claiming earlier.

In the meantime, though, I'm curious about this:

See that's the thing though, nobody had to wait for ATH. Could've been questioning other folk.

I'm pretty sure I did question others, so unless this is aimed at someone specific, it feels like a really sideways attack on everyone who isn't you.  Care to be more specific?
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:04 pm »

I'm waiting for Silthuri's response on this, but I'm having a hard time imagining what series of events would have kept him from pushing on EP during D2, or outright claiming earlier.
Silthuri is a her.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:50 pm »

Silthuri is a her.

My apologies.  If someone mentioned it before now, I must have missed it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2016, 10:15:10 pm »

See that's the thing though, nobody had to wait for ATH. Could've been questioning other folk.

I'm pretty sure I did question others, so unless this is aimed at someone specific, it feels like a really sideways attack on everyone who isn't you.  Care to be more specific?

Not quite, though I understand how it came across that way.

It was in response to EP's:

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone was saying much late D2? There wasn't that much to say, really; we were all waiting on ATH, who was apparently unable to find anything.

... as ATH is not the only player in the game requiring pressure.

I wasn't doing much myself, but EP offered the same excuse on D2 after being prodded, so the consistency of the "I was waiting on other people" excuse is bothersome.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2016, 10:31:38 pm »

Not quite, though I understand how it came across that way.

It was in response to EP's:

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone was saying much late D2? There wasn't that much to say, really; we were all waiting on ATH, who was apparently unable to find anything.

... as ATH is not the only player in the game requiring pressure.

I wasn't doing much myself, but EP offered the same excuse on D2 after being prodded, so the consistency of the "I was waiting on other people" excuse is bothersome.

Who would you say is the person most requiring of pressure, then?  At the moment, I'm thinking it's Silthuri, with the extremely convenient LYLO cop claim.  Who do you want to pressure?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2016, 10:33:57 pm »

Silthuri and Tiruin. They've both been quite quiet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 26, 2016, 09:01:34 am »

I think we should have a vote count all up in here.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 26, 2016, 10:23:01 am »

Well. Didn't expect this.

Hector:

The day started on Saturday, yes? My weekends are hella busy because I'm a full time college student (with finals next week) with a job. Thus I did not post, or even get on the forums, during the weekend. I also didn't take the time to notice the absence of any email notifications because I was so busy.

On Monday, I finally checked my email and felt like a friggin idiot for forgetting to investigate. It was then I decided that the best course of action was to claim and have EP lynched. Killing scum would buy us more time to find the other one because we can't afford a town lynch.

EP
Let us dissect this lovely little BS you've presented.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doomchild:

As I think I've said before, I was trying to buy time. I held in my results because I had hoped to do more for town. Clearly I suck at my job and I'm just screwing town. A claim on D2 is a sure way to die. The only reason I claimed was my mistake in assuming there was a doctor. Clearly I am mistaken.

Who would you say is the person most requiring of pressure, then?  At the moment, I'm thinking it's Silthuri, with the extremely convenient LYLO cop claim.

LYLO is the time when we absolutely CANNOT afford to lynch town. I saw no reason to not claim. I didn't expect to catch all this fire, but so be it. It's convenient because it made sense to me.

Spoiler: A Small Rant (click to show/hide)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 26, 2016, 05:56:48 pm »

I notice you also didn't vote for EP when you made your claim, which doesn't really make a lot of sense. This is all very strange...

Or I'm just very tired, so everything is weird.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 26, 2016, 06:34:47 pm »

I notice you also didn't vote for EP when you made your claim, which doesn't really make a lot of sense. This is all very strange...

Or I'm just very tired, so everything is weird.

I was sorta pressed for time and I'm pretty sure I've been playing way too much Town of Salem. That's something I would do in Salem. I dunno.

Pfp
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40