Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62682 times)

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #405 on: April 20, 2016, 11:17:10 pm »

First off, I think calling all of the votes on snow dwarf a bandwagon is an indirect attack.  Some people might have been bandwagoning, but people choosing independently to vote for the same target is not a bandwagon.  A part of why I took a while to finally put my vote down was because I knew that I would get accused of hopping on the bandwagon, when in fact I had legitimate suspicions.

This still seems to ring true to me, and you didn't really address it at all.

With the "seems like a right answer", I was making a joke on Hector's expense, as he accused me of giving him the "right answers", though I stated them in honesty.

Okay, I can accept that.  It didn't read as a joke to me, so I thought it was some bizarre band of data to which I wasn't privy.

And you didn't answer the second half of my question. Or maybe you did with that deflection at the end:

I feel like I've been completely open and honest about why I was suspicious of snow dwarf, and I think the only way to make any headway on finding out if there is a scum in the list is for everybody else to do the same.

Like, this is mafia. I can guarantee you that at least two people are lying through their teeth right now. Can you give me a clearer answer as to your tactics? So far, I've started the vote that got Persus (sadly, a townie) lynched, and I've started this run on ATH, who so far still hasn't done enough to shake off my suspicion.

You're right in that my answer was the statement you quoted, although I don't know that I'd call it a deflection.  You asked for a single, concrete solution, and I gave you an answer that was neither of those things, so I guess I can see how you'd view it that way.  If you want a concrete answer, I don't have one.  The only thing I know to do is follow up on things that seem suspicious to me, and the only way that I know how to do that is to poke at things that seem off.  I don't have a finely honed radar for this stuff (I somehow thought I'd be able to discern a lot more), but I'm trying to pay attention to my gut, and then see if I can find things to back up my gut reactions.  Right now, that largely involves reading through ATH's past posts, because he just feels really scummy to me, even if I can't fully articulate why.  He's responded pretty much every time someone has questioned him, but his responses have been (usually) short, and haven't always contained much (or any) useful information, so the feeling that he's evading things has gotten stronger over time.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2016, 12:00:26 am »

There is no quieting this time. As you close around your victim, he runs for it. You don't know if he just slipped trying to climb out the window, or he leapt to his death, but either way the outcome is the same. AbstractTraitorHero lies next to the tracks behind you, dead. A few shouts later, and the brakes engage. After the train stops, the Pinkertons hike back to the body. The leader comes back a few minutes later, with the news.

Day 1 has ended.

AbstractTraitorHero has been lynched! He was town.

Quote from: 'vanilla' town
You're just an ordinary person, trying to get to Geronimo, Arizona. All this train robbery bullshit has really put a kink in your plans. If you make it out alive, you're gonna be late. If you don't... well that won't matter so much anymore.

You are town.

Win condition: You win when all of the mafia are eliminated.

The moon appears on the horizon as night begins to fall. The train groans as it plows off into the night, the cool air at odds with the hot tempers raging inside some of the passengers.

Night 2 has begun.

Night 2 ends in 24 hours, or when all night actions have been submitted and processed.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Jump (Night 2)
« Reply #407 on: April 22, 2016, 02:53:47 am »

The day opens with a bang. As you awake, you can see the gun smoke spiraling through the air, the now empty revolver sitting in the middle of the floor.

Night 2 has ended.

Gentlefish has been killed! He was town.

Quote from: 'vanilla' town
You're just an ordinary person, trying to get to Geronimo, Arizona. All this train robbery bullshit has really put a kink in your plans. If you make it out alive, you're gonna be late. If you don't... well that won't matter so much anymore.

You are town.

Win condition
: You win when all of the mafia are eliminated.

Day 3 has begun. Since we are in a LYLO situation, the only way to end the day is to vote for it to end.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 02:59:59 am by O.Wilde »
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose(Day 3)
« Reply #408 on: April 22, 2016, 02:36:40 pm »

It was inevitable.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 22, 2016, 02:44:35 pm »

Abstracts ghost floats into the train
Told you.
Abstracts ghost casually throws some blood onto all of you and vanishes.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »

Aye, and we told you...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2016, 11:37:19 pm »

Aye, and we told you...
No, I fking told you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 22, 2016, 11:46:04 pm »

Poking to being able to replace Webadict here :D

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 23, 2016, 08:36:09 am »

Aye, and we told you...
No, I fking told you.
I gave him ample opportunity to make me move my vote, reminded him several times he only had to question less than one third of the living players, His only response was excuses, over the course of 9 days.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07:23 am »

Tiruin has replaced Webadict.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 25, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »

No posts in 2 days. I mean weekends are usually slow but wow.

I think we should just default the game to the mafia then, seeing as no-one cares.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 25, 2016, 04:11:09 pm »

Sorry, my A/C unit decided to start freezing on Thursday night, so my house has been about 80 degrees, and I've been trying to get people out to fix it.  Ahhh, the joys of home ownership.

Okay, so let's think this through.  Gentlefish started the votes on both Persus13 and ATH, so I was thinking he was scum until the post about him getting NK'ed happened.  I'm thoroughly confused, now.  Where do we start?
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:26 pm »

Wherever you want:

Silthuri and/or Tiruin/webadict have minimal information to go on. Indeed, neither were voting at day end.

I've also been quite lax over the past in-game day or so.

EP hasn't posted much either, beyond defending himself and attacking ATH, though ATH kinda deserved that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 25, 2016, 05:47:16 pm »

I'm in TEST APOCALYPSE mode again, I'm sorry to say. I should have some time, but I have a Calculus test *and* a Psychology test his Thursday, so don't expect more than one post a day. I'll try to get something up today or tomorrow, though.

EP hasn't posted much either, beyond defending himself and attacking ATH, though ATH kinda deserved that.
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone was saying much late D2? There wasn't that much to say, really; we were all waiting on ATH, who was apparently unable to find anything.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 25, 2016, 05:49:01 pm »

See that's the thing though, nobody had to wait for ATH. Could've been questioning other folk.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40