Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 60601 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose (Day 3)
« Reply #555 on: May 06, 2016, 09:30:30 am »

You won't change your vote anyway, scum or town. Not sure about town!doomchild, but scum!doomchild won't either.

Of the two claims I like doomchild's less. It's like choosing between eating dirt or stones, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 08, 2016, 08:55:58 am »

unvote
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 08, 2016, 09:37:39 am »

Might I inquire why?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 08, 2016, 09:51:18 am »

nobody is online.  games inactive
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 08, 2016, 06:35:25 pm »

I'm back from the con.  Re-reading stuff now.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

doomchild:
There's not a concrete answer for that.  I feel like a dumbass for forgetting and doing that, and I'm sure that if she had forgotten, she'd feel the same way.  But I know she didn't forget; I blocked her.  So the only thing I know to do is to be as honest and open as I can be about it, and hope that the truth shows through.

You may very well have blocked me. I wouldn't know because I didn't act! If you blocked me as you said, why wait so long to claim? By everyone's logic here, you should claim the moment you have something useful. Instead, you avoided saying squat about that, rather focusing on smaller things. It cuts both ways, bro.

As the jailer, I have no idea if the person I blocked acted or not.  I wasn't told whether any target did anything or was targeted by any other night action.  The only thing I was told was that I blocked/saved the person I targeted.  There was no information for me until you claimed.

hector:
There are a number of reasons that she didn't pressure EP, that I won't go into in case I give her ideas.

So I'll go ahead and answer this and see if any of this matches your thought processes. And this should also answer pisskop's inquiry as well.

1. I wanted to find the other scum. I figured holding off as long as possible trying to find them would be better because finding both the scum, dying, basically confirming those I outed as scum, thus winning the game.

No, the best thing is finding and lynching scum.  There's no good reason for a cop to withhold that information.  Instead, we've done nothing but lynch town, and then you pop up saying that it was part of your plan all along?  I don't buy it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 08, 2016, 07:03:58 pm »

Last time (only time, last BM game) I was cop, I didn't reveal I found scum on N1, though I did vote for the scum I found D2, and evidently timed my claim well on D3 (pressure was being put on the townie I investigated N2, and I claimed with my result on them). The only other person voting them was the other scum, our present Scum IC in fact. Cop becomes useless the minute they claim, so sometimes it's good to risk not revealing, though I would hope there was a token effort to vote for any scum they found.

Anyway, doomchild, there's no information for you about N2, because the person you targeted claimed they failed to act. I am thinking Silthuri may be scum, but I'm finding it difficult to look past your certainty that your blocking her on N2 is somehow concrete proof of her scuminess.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 08, 2016, 07:12:22 pm »

Last time (only time, last BM game) I was cop, I didn't reveal I found scum on N1, though I did vote for the scum I found D2, and evidently timed my claim well on D3 (pressure was being put on the townie I investigated N2, and I claimed with my result on them). The only other person voting them was the other scum, our present Scum IC in fact. Cop becomes useless the minute they claim, so sometimes it's good to risk not revealing, though I would hope there was a token effort to vote for any scum they found.

Okay, that's fair.  This being my first game probably means I shouldn't be making blanket statements like that.  But even in your example, the cop used the information gained from the investigation (by voting for the scum they found).  I don't know that I agree that the cop becomes completely useless after claiming, but maybe that's a more advanced concept I shouldn't consider yet.

Anyway, doomchild, there's no information for you about N2, because the person you targeted claimed they failed to act.

We don't know that to be the case.  It's just as likely that we don't get night action results at all.  That's the way I've seen it done in other games here.  So whether she did or didn't act, I wouldn't get any information one way or another.

I am thinking Silthuri may be scum, but I'm finding it difficult to look past your certainty that your blocking her on N2 is somehow concrete proof of her scuminess.

I've already said (more than once now) that this whole cop-claim/block thing is basically the straw that broke the camel's back.  It's enough to tip the scales in my head.  It is not, on its own, concrete proof.  I never claimed it was.  It is just another piece of evidence that from my perspective makes it seem way more plausible that Silthuri is scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 08, 2016, 07:29:13 pm »

See, that doesn't make sense. You say you get no information whether Silthuri acted or not on N2, yet you're happy to say it's the straw that broke the camel's back, the camel in this case representing your read on Silthuri. Could you explain this contradiction for us please?

Spoiler: on cop uselessness (click to show/hide)

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2016, 07:37:14 pm »

See, that doesn't make sense. You say you get no information whether Silthuri acted or not on N2, yet you're happy to say it's the straw that broke the camel's back, the camel in this case representing your read on Silthuri. Could you explain this contradiction for us please?

It's circumstantial.  You're right in saying that I don't have information about Silthuri acting on N2.  What I do have is timing (she waits until LYLO to claim), a lack of movement against "known" (to her) scum, a rapidly rising chance that any one of you is scum, and something I'm supposed to assume is a coincidence (her lack of action on the same night I blocked her).

By itself, that last one definitely isn't enough for me to consider her scum.  But taken with the rest of the evidence, it pushes my certainty significantly higher.  I inherently distrust coincidence.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2016, 07:48:55 pm »

You don't believe in coincidences, but you're happy to damn someone with circumstantial evidence.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 09, 2016, 10:46:25 am »

I think we need a vote count, as it has been a while.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 10, 2016, 01:11:45 am »

You don't believe in coincidences, but you're happy to damn someone with circumstantial evidence.

What the...I thought I had replied to this, but apparently, I never hit the "Post" button.

I'm perfectly willing to use circumstantial evidence to bolster an existing case, yes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 10, 2016, 09:20:50 am »

I've repeatedly told you it doesn't :P

I think the day's over anyway. O.Wilde did say if the votes didn't change yesterday that'd be it...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 10, 2016, 03:03:16 pm »

i think sil is a mafia rolecop
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40