Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62571 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose (Day 3)
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »

I mean, holy handbaskets, Ive never seen a player so against gathering information before.

The Jailer and the cop have zero crumbs.  They suspect each other but have said jackall since Ive come in.  You wont shut up about 'because once upon a time in Maybeland scum might have done this' as an excuse to not even fucking ask obvious and bythebook questions, and you still havent done anything that looks town to the player who has finished more games than you will ever play.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2016, 04:11:42 pm »

Wait, so those tells even differ from board to board?  Wow.  That is way more variable than I would have expected.
Dont read too much into that.  Game styles change and the types of players who tend to play those games change.  Most of this sites games tend to fall into 'theme' category.  And frequently broach on being 'not mafia but based on mafia'.

This game is strictly an open normal.  Which means most of the site would be fine.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 02, 2016, 04:17:52 pm »

Not going to be around for the next couple days. It's finals week and I'm busy trying to not die.

I'll maybe have some time Wednesday to get in a post or two, but we'll have to see.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #528 on: May 02, 2016, 04:39:45 pm »

webadict
If you are acting as scummily as you say, particularly relative to ATH, how come nobody is voting for you, and 4 people are voting for ATH?
Why do you ask questions like this?  This is filler at best.  And Webadict didnt even bother responding.

This isnt the first example of this type of play either.  These kinds of questions are how giant wall-posts are born.  They dont perform any functions except to reduce the amount of good content.

ugh, everyone on this forum is always so careful not to step on the eggshells.  Its so easy to read that as cautious scum.  People arent made of glass, after all.

I dont see the real reason for the ATH to have happened, tbh.  But hindsight/outside observer/didnt read D1.
  The ATH wagon kind of snowballs.  Stepping outside of the game for a moment, you guys kept finding things about them to pick on and call scummy.

And I've explained how it wasn't a bandwagon multiple times I had my own reasons for voting them and I've said them multiple times
EP/Hector really drove it home, and I hope you guys gave them a stern look and a good chastize for that.  Part of using emotions/reaction tests/gambles is that you have to know how to interpret them.  And you should as a matter of course give them time to sink in and for you to refresh your palate.

What's your reason for not doing what I asked you to do?
Ive been over this time and time again here.  But this is awful.  I see it as setting a 'neutral' agenda and then pursuing it.  The issue with it is that you cant be neutral in mafia.  Its anti-town to.  Know why?  because scum can use it.  You, as a townie, should not be doing things that scum can mimic.  Furthermore, it falls on the players around you to punish you for it.

Spoiler: VC from mod (click to show/hide)
^^ this is just ... just awful too.  A player so close to lynch, players lurking all around, not voting.

Ewww.  Im not at all happy with the amount of info gained.  Im really fency about hector though.   Im going to have to reread the claims again, and Im going to be looking at the voting records of Slither.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #529 on: May 02, 2016, 06:13:59 pm »

webadict
If you are acting as scummily as you say, particularly relative to ATH, how come nobody is voting for you, and 4 people are voting for ATH?
Why do you ask questions like this?  This is filler at best.  And Webadict didnt even bother responding.

This isnt the first example of this type of play either.  These kinds of questions are how giant wall-posts are born.  They dont perform any functions except to reduce the amount of good content.

Explanation

I dont see the real reason for the ATH to have happened, tbh.  But hindsight/outside observer/didnt read D1.
  The ATH wagon kind of snowballs.  Stepping outside of the game for a moment, you guys kept finding things about them to pick on and call scummy.

And I've explained how it wasn't a bandwagon multiple times I had my own reasons for voting them and I've said them multiple times
EP/Hector really drove it home, and I hope you guys gave them a stern look and a good chastize for that.  Part of using emotions/reaction tests/gambles is that you have to know how to interpret them.  And you should as a matter of course give them time to sink in and for you to refresh your palate.

I note a distinct lack of quotes of either myself or EP "driving it home".

This being a BM game, I set ATH a basic task (pressure two players) that any player should be able to handle, and he had 9 days to do it. He said he couldn't find anything, which meant best-case he was useless town, worst-case he was scum hoping to coast along. This tied with his mad gambit made me think he was scum.

What's your reason for not doing what I asked you to do?
Ive been over this time and time again here.  But this is awful.  I see it as setting a 'neutral' agenda and then pursuing it.  The issue with it is that you cant be neutral in mafia.  Its anti-town to.  Know why?  because scum can use it.  You, as a townie, should not be doing things that scum can mimic.  Furthermore, it falls on the players around you to punish you for it.

Accepted, but I can't question everyone. D2 was a busy time for me (a bit overburdened with games at the time) and I didn't want to throw the game away by having everyone lurk - it's a bit of a bittersweet victory for scum, town feel bad, and nobody learns anything because nobody does anything - so I chose ATH, who had the most to lose with the inactivty to make them do something, but they couldn't manage it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 03, 2016, 06:07:26 pm »

All players have been prodded.  >:(
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 03, 2016, 06:11:26 pm »

Currently at work and in the midst of finals week. The earliest I could post is tomorrow.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 03, 2016, 06:11:37 pm »

Perhaps we need a deadline?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 03, 2016, 06:28:25 pm »

Perhaps we need a deadline?
I would say no, since at least one critical person is busy.

If things look to keep dragging on even after everyone is around for a couple of days, I'll be on board with a deadline.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:05 pm »

Yeaman.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 03, 2016, 08:18:13 pm »

We don't need the deadline to be soon, but this game is dragging on a bit.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 03, 2016, 10:44:57 pm »

Sorry.  A minor emergency over the weekend spilled over into today.  Everything should be back to normal tomorrow, I hope, although I'll be out of town from Thursday to the following Monday.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:28 am »

SO! Uh ._. I've been prodded. For the time between a week (the 23rd of April last I logged in) and now.
And we've got Finals + Undergrad thesis (like...2nd week of May).

Also I replaced webadict. o_o Hope he's ok. Like as much as I hope Vec is ok. And the everyone else. And Hi Silthuri!
I shall review everything in the morning. O_o Treat me as any other player.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 04, 2016, 06:23:08 am »

SO! Uh ._. I've been prodded. For the time between a week (the 23rd of April last I logged in) and now.

Also I replaced webadict. o_o Hope he's ok. Like as much as I hope Vec is ok. And the everyone else. And Hi Silthuri!
Tiruin, you got replaced by pisskop.

pisskop has replaced Tiruin!

hector13, Elephant Parade, doomchild, and Silthuri have been prodded.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 04, 2016, 08:42:53 am »

Tiruin, you got replaced by pisskop.

pisskop has replaced Tiruin!

hector13, Elephant Parade, doomchild, and Silthuri have been prodded.
Why I love you too. :P
Thanks though dude. I did not expect being absent due to many stuffs. :x
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40