Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62580 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose(Day 3)
« Reply #450 on: April 28, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »

Right, but you could have prevented at least one of the previous town lynches (and gotten scum killed instead!) had you informed us earlier.  Claiming now just looks like an attempt to spew heaps of WIFOM around the place until town isn't sure of anything.  That, to my eyes, is a scum tactic and a half.

If I may, you wouldn't have believed me anyway. It's more likely you'd go after me for defending someone who is extremely scummy. So that's not a very good reason.

I also didn't know they were town. I did not investigate them. I had decided to lay low until I had enough to say so that when I inevitably died as a result of claiming, I could give you more than just one scum or a confirmed town. I had hoped to give townies or even the other scum.

Town is very unsure of what they're doing because you're about to lynch the cop. It doesn't get more uncertain than that. And I'm fairly certain I know who the other scum is right now.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2016, 12:46:03 pm »

Right, but you could have prevented at least one of the previous town lynches (and gotten scum killed instead!) had you informed us earlier.  Claiming now just looks like an attempt to spew heaps of WIFOM around the place until town isn't sure of anything.  That, to my eyes, is a scum tactic and a half.

If I may, you wouldn't have believed me anyway. It's more likely you'd go after me for defending someone who is extremely scummy. So that's not a very good reason.

I also didn't know they were town. I did not investigate them. I had decided to lay low until I had enough to say so that when I inevitably died as a result of claiming, I could give you more than just one scum or a confirmed town. I had hoped to give townies or even the other scum.

Town is very unsure of what they're doing because you're about to lynch the cop. It doesn't get more uncertain than that. And I'm fairly certain I know who the other scum is right now.

You're right, you didn't know that ATH and snow dwarf weren't scum, but you didn't know they weren't town, either.  You claim to have known EP was scum but didn't push to get him lynched (which you could have done even without claiming), so I have a really hard time buying your claim now.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2016, 12:49:27 pm »

If we're sure about this, should we end the day?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2016, 12:50:58 pm »

If we're sure about this, should we end the day?

Personally, I think so.  Silthuri's responses have done nothing but further convince me that she's pushing a scum claim.

Vote to end day.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2016, 12:56:38 pm »

Shorten. I'm done with this.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »

unvote oppose shorten
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2016, 12:58:19 pm »

doomchild, a little too eager, perhaps.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2016, 01:01:54 pm »

So... that was a test then?

I mean, I think doom is the other scum but that's a sudden change, hector.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2016, 01:11:28 pm »

Basically, yes.

All this rushing to judgment nonsense doesn't sit well with me. I don't like the cop claim, and it is the easier of the two potential power roles for scum to fakeclaim, but we haven't had all views yet. doomchild's willingness to lynch someone despite that is bothersome, particularly when there have been no counterclaims.

EP and doomchild scumteam? I had been considering this for the past day or so, given that they don't seem to be entertaining the thought that you're actually being honest.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2016, 07:47:40 pm »

EP and doomchild scumteam? I had been considering this for the past day or so, given that they don't seem to be entertaining the thought that you're actually being honest.
Why would I entertain the thought that Silthuri is honest? I mean, I know he isn't; a townie has no reason to fake a investigation on me, barring stupid gambits that would have been abandoned when the shorten vote came up. There isn't a thought to entertain.

I agree that doomchild has been weirdly aggressive; I guess that might be a bus? I'm going to look over past doomchild-Silthuri interactions and see if I find anything.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Or Lose(Day 3) LOOKING FOR REPLACEMENT
« Reply #460 on: April 28, 2016, 11:17:09 pm »

Tiruin has not responded and is being replaced. If you would like a chance to jump into this game, please let me know!
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 29, 2016, 12:37:52 am »

Basically, yes.

All this rushing to judgment nonsense doesn't sit well with me. I don't like the cop claim, and it is the easier of the two potential power roles for scum to fakeclaim, but we haven't had all views yet. doomchild's willingness to lynch someone despite that is bothersome, particularly when there have been no counterclaims.

So, in effect, you don't like the fact that I found Silthuri's convenient claim scummy enough to lynch?  I was the last one to vote Silthuri, as I was waiting for her explanation before putting my vote down.  Once I was convinced, I didn't see any reason to sit around anymore.

I really didn't want to do this (as I was hoping to stay completely under the radar), but I'm the jailer.  During night 1, I blocked Persus13, and I blocked Vector (Silthuri) during night 2.  I didn't mention it before because I was suspicious that her claim of "forgetting" to take an action during night 2 was a gambit to get the jailer to claim.  The jailer would be an obvious target for the mafia, as it would prevent them from being able to make use of the role cop, hence my reticence to claim.  But since it's starting to look like the tide is turning against me, I might as well come clean about it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 29, 2016, 12:43:57 am »

How were you convinced?

Tide isn't really turning against you, though. What made you block Persus13 N1, and Vector/Silthuri N2?

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 29, 2016, 12:50:47 am »

How were you convinced?

If Silthuri was so sure that EP was scum, why didn't she try to get him lynched on an earlier day?  She didn't really go after him at all.  Instead of going for known (to her) scum, she allowed town lynches.  That makes zero sense to me, so I am convinced that she's scum claiming cop at LYLO to try and hedge her bets against getting lynched.  This just feels like a huge lump of WIFOM was dropped on top of us, so my reaction is to suspect the person that dropped it.

What made you block Persus13 N1, and Vector/Silthuri N2?

Since the jailer both blocks AND protects, I thought protecting the ICs was a halfway decent move, as the mafia would be more likely to night-kill experienced players.  When they didn't go after Persus13 the first night, I figured maybe they weren't interested in him, and I switched over to Vector/Silthuri on night 2.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak.
« Reply #464 on: April 29, 2016, 12:53:35 am »

Quote from: 'Jailkeeper' Town
You're the new sheriff of Geronimo. At least you will be if you make it there alive. You've got a pair of handcuffs you can use to keep someone from moving around the train at night, but only at night. Try it during the day, and you might have a revolt on your hands. Or the Pinkertons could get the wrong idea about you.

You are town. Each night, you can guard another player to prevent them from acting or being acted upon.

Win condition: You win when all of the mafia are eliminated.

Persus13 has been killed. He was vanilla town.

Looks like someone made a boo-boo.

The scum did go after Persus13 N1; he was the first NK.

Perhaps you'd like to try again?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40