Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62331 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #390 on: April 19, 2016, 10:05:42 pm »

I don't think you need to extend it, considering not much has really been happening.
It's more about the fact we have a player that's been inactive for more than 150 hours, and another at the 60+ mark.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2016, 10:09:02 pm »

Not really 50 posts per person is a really small amount considering most of those posts are probably Random voting stage and some of them are from people not in the game anymore day 1 was a almost useless day with little actual things that could be gained or inferred from in other words day 1 sucks because there is nothing that I can find to help me find someone suspicious beyond gut feelings.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2016, 10:22:04 pm »

Excuses dude. Should've been working on refining your gut feelings instead of messing about with me earlier in the day.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2016, 10:25:07 pm »

Gut feelings are what got me into this predicament.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2016, 10:33:03 pm »

...Bluh. I'm alive, just busy. I'll have something out tonight hopefully. At the latest, around 12:45 forum time tomorrow. (living in forum time is nice mang)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 20, 2016, 06:52:17 pm »

You failed in your task Gentlefish. I believe that's the second time you've been late on promised action...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 20, 2016, 06:59:54 pm »

Bluh. Incoming. Picked up more hours at week and closing in on finals. Sorry m80s.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 20, 2016, 07:14:17 pm »

Here's a list of whom voted for snow dwarf, in order so far as I can tell:
Gentlefish, webadict, AbstractTraitorHero, doomchild, Persus13

Time to hunt for the bandwagoniers!

DoomChild:
You've had reasoned suspicions for snow, and voted him when he offered the idea that maybe he -was- mafia. Your vote -seems- right, but if I take a page out of Hector's book (:P) that does make me feel a little uncomfortable. Do you think it's likely that someone whom voted for snow dwarf is mafia? How do you plan on rooting them out?

First off, I think calling all of the votes on snow dwarf a bandwagon is an indirect attack.  Some people might have been bandwagoning, but people choosing independently to vote for the same target is not a bandwagon.  A part of why I took a while to finally put my vote down was because I knew that I would get accused of hopping on the bandwagon, when in fact I had legitimate suspicions.

Secondly, this whole "that seems right, and therefore it must be scummy" thing has me really confused.  So, I'm being attacked for following up on what I and others perceive as scummy behavior?  That mindset seems to imply that townies should play their cards close to the vest, which I think is a big mistake.  The mafia has the advantage when nobody acts openly, because suspicion brews fast and hot in that kind of environment.

Finally, coming from a purely statistical point of view, it seems reasonably likely to me that at least one scum was in the list of snow dwarf voters.  We know Persus13 was town, so that leaves the other 4.  I feel like I've been completely open and honest about why I was suspicious of snow dwarf, and I think the only way to make any headway on finding out if there is a scum in the list is for everybody else to do the same.

Gentlefish, in case it wasn't obvious, I was hoping for some answers to this stuff, particularly the "seems right" part.

With the "seems like a right answer", I was making a joke on Hector's expense, as he accused me of giving him the "right answers", though I stated them in honesty.

And you didn't answer the second half of my question. Or maybe you did with that deflection at the end:

I feel like I've been completely open and honest about why I was suspicious of snow dwarf, and I think the only way to make any headway on finding out if there is a scum in the list is for everybody else to do the same.

Like, this is mafia. I can guarantee you that at least two people are lying through their teeth right now. Can you give me a clearer answer as to your tactics? So far, I've started the vote that got Persus (sadly, a townie) lynched, and I've started this run on ATH, who so far still hasn't done enough to shake off my suspicion.

So let me get your claims straight you guys think I'm scum because you believe I bandwagoned and I've not been very helpful am I correct?

Actually this is exactly my reasoning for my current votes. You're not doing very much at all in terms of content per post, and in even attempting to scumhunt. You're just defending yourself. Why won't you scum hunt? Is it really because you're scum and you know who's guilty already?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 20, 2016, 07:26:06 pm »

I've told you because I've not been able to find anything that'd I'd be satisfied with and when I do speak up with questions they say that their not good enough and basically your all going after me and I know I'm Townie so I'm trying to convince you of this but all my efforts are failing I'm not scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 20, 2016, 07:39:22 pm »

Like I said with snow dwarf, you convince us of this by doing not by saying. I told you why I was voting you 8 days ago yet you didn't do anything about it.

It's all well and good saying you haven't found anything, but you're not trying to create anything either.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2016, 08:35:24 pm »

You should consider replacing me. I'm not getting less busy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2016, 08:37:13 pm »

But, I will unvote hector13, since I might not be playing. That's just not conducive to the game.

Sorry, guys. This IS fun, but I'm clearly not giving my all at this rate, so I think it's a better idea for someone else to jump in.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2016, 08:53:49 pm »

That post was the reason that I've been having such a hard time posting because I'm trying to put a question to a certain quality and none of them are reaching that quality that I believe is past a RVs question.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2016, 09:26:49 pm »

Day 2 ends in 2.5 hours.

Webadict has requested a replacement.

Elephant Parade (0) -
Gentlefish (0) -
doomchild (0) -
webadict (0) -
hector13 (0) -
AbstractTraitorHero (4) - Gentlefish, hector13, doomchild, Elephant Parade
Silthuri (0) -
No lynch -

Not voting -   AbstractTraitorHero, Silthuri, webadict
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2016, 09:32:13 pm »

GM if I get lynched have me jump off the train and get run over by it seems fitting.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40